Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13102711

Subject: "‘Mannequin challenge’ video leads to arrests for guns, drugs..." Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Dec-06-16 05:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"‘Mannequin challenge’ video leads to arrests for guns, drugs..."

dumbest ninjas of the week award goes to...

http://fox2now.com/2016/12/06/mannequin-challenge-video-leads-to-arrests-for-guns-drugs-at-alabama-home/

‘Mannequin challenge’ video leads to arrests for guns, drugs at Alabama home

MADISON COUNTY, Ala. - A "mannequin challenge" video resulted in several arrests after it led local and federal law enforcement to an Alabama home Tuesday morning, according to WHNT.

The "mannequin challenge" internet phenomenon usually consists of a group of people freezing in various poses while a person with a camera walks around them, filming from different angles.

Police say the "mannequin challenge" video that launched the investigation shows numerous people displaying guns, as if re-enacting a drive-by shooting.

Authorities from the Madison County Sheriff's Office, the Huntsville Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives executed a warrant at 5012 Powell Drive at 5:02 a.m. on Tuesday.

Authorities arrested 49-year-old Kenneth White and charged him with first-degree possession of marijuana and certain persons forbidden to possess a firearm. He has a bond of $30,000.

"In order to receive the 'certain persons forbidden to possess a firearm,' you must be convicted of a felony," Capt. Mike Salomonsky said.

Investigators also arrested 23-year-old Terry Brown and charged him with possession of drug paraphernalia, loitering and promoting prison contraband.

"Upon his arrival at the main facility after his incarceration, he was found to have marijuana on his person. So that brought about the additional charge which is a felony on him," Capt. Mike Salomonsky said of Brown's contraband charge.

"There are several persons in the video who may be convicted felons," Capt. Salomonsky said. "So, we're going to try to do some identification, work with the ATF and see if we can generate any charges out of that."

Investigators say they were able to obtain enough probable cause through their investigation to get a search for the home.

"We used a breaching technique which caused the front door to be removed from the residence," Capt. Salomonsky said. "They encountered one subject that was in the front room and he was armed. But, he told them he was armed."

After authorities cleared the residence, they searched the house. Investigators say they found two handguns, one assault rifle, one older single-barrel shotgun, multiple packs of marijuana, an attack vest, multiple magazines for the assault rifle, multiple rounds of ammunition and a computer.

There were six people inside the home when the team of authorities executed the search warrant, including children.

Initially, they thought several items behind the house might have been stolen, but found they were purchased legitimately.

The investigation started after the video surfaced. "You have a lot of people with firearms at one address," said Salomonsky. "And you have to ask yourself the question, 'Why?' and the second question you have to ask yourself: is it a public safety issue?"

Deputies say the investigation determined the people living in that home were selling marijuana.

Capt. Salomonsky said authorities expect to carry out at least one or two more arrests as the investigation continues.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
in other words, dumb ass niggas do dumb nigga shit and get arrested
Dec 06th 2016
man I was so hoping they wouldn't be black doing that shit
Dec 06th 2016
Need to arrest them for shooting that video in portrait
Dec 06th 2016
coulda cut that pan duration in half, easily!
Dec 07th 2016
Just think...If idiots would put just HALF of that creative energy into....
Dec 07th 2016
ehhh, this takes 30 seconds to do.. and all you do is stand still
Dec 07th 2016
lol...right, its not like they invented the guns.
Dec 07th 2016
      he said if they used HALF the creative energy
Dec 07th 2016
half of this creativity is lifting your cheeks to fart...so no
Dec 07th 2016
seems like a perfect place for Grandma's Mannequin Challenge
Dec 07th 2016
Aren't guns legal in Alabama?
Dec 07th 2016
not for minors...
Dec 07th 2016
eh, plenty of niggas be posting they money, guns and drugs on SM
Dec 07th 2016
This seems like some bullshit. An Instagram video as probable cause?
Dec 07th 2016
^^^Sees it.
Dec 07th 2016
On ONE hand...I agree..but on the OTHER hand...if that was MY
Dec 07th 2016
they ain't talking bout justice...they talking about the law.
Dec 07th 2016
if those were your neighbors you prolly woulda told them to use landscap...
Dec 07th 2016
yes, mainly bc more than half of them don't appear to be legal age
Dec 07th 2016
Even if they are minors, they are allowed to act and play roles in video...
Dec 07th 2016
      where were the drugs?
Dec 07th 2016
           Didn't watch, I just assumed there were because of the article
Dec 07th 2016
                RE: Didn't watch, I just assumed there were because of the article
Dec 07th 2016
                     For a mannequin challenge video... definitely
Dec 07th 2016
                     On a video with acting, yes.
Dec 08th 2016
Abuse of power and assumption.
Dec 07th 2016
hello.
Dec 07th 2016
That's an extremely troubling read.
Dec 07th 2016
WTF at this:
Dec 07th 2016
lmao i know right?
Dec 07th 2016
How bout this one tho? *link*
Dec 07th 2016
one positive, cops rolled into to a house with atleast
Dec 07th 2016
was waiting for this.
Dec 07th 2016
      just sayin'
Dec 07th 2016
smh @ these comments. Social media is making yall crazy and illogical
Dec 07th 2016
i dunno how a judge signed a warrant based off imagery in that video.
Dec 07th 2016
RE: i dunno how a judge signed a warrant based off imagery in that video...
Dec 07th 2016
The oddly descriptive way they worded how they accessed the interior
Dec 08th 2016
Some ofther bammas did the same thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1...
Dec 07th 2016
not one person in that dumb ass crew thought maybe this is bad idea?
Dec 07th 2016
he shot the video...
Dec 08th 2016
"AYDMF" is the preferred nomenclature
Dec 08th 2016
AYDMF!!!!!!
Dec 08th 2016

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Tue Dec-06-16 06:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "in other words, dumb ass niggas do dumb nigga shit and get arrested"
In response to Reply # 0

... like dumb ass niggas always do.

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Tue Dec-06-16 06:37 PM

2. "man I was so hoping they wouldn't be black doing that shit "
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79600 posts
Tue Dec-06-16 06:40 PM

3. "Need to arrest them for shooting that video in portrait"
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 09:20 AM

5. "coulda cut that pan duration in half, easily! "
In response to Reply # 3

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

FLUIDJ
44616 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 09:19 AM

4. "Just think...If idiots would put just HALF of that creative energy into...."
In response to Reply # 0

I dunno...something creative that benefits society as a whole???

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 09:22 AM

6. "ehhh, this takes 30 seconds to do.. and all you do is stand still"
In response to Reply # 4

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 09:51 AM

8. "lol...right, its not like they invented the guns."
In response to Reply # 6
Wed Dec-07-16 09:52 AM by Cenario

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 10:21 AM

13. "he said if they used HALF the creative energy"
In response to Reply # 8

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 11:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "half of this creativity is lifting your cheeks to fart...so no"
In response to Reply # 4

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 09:23 AM

7. "seems like a perfect place for Grandma's Mannequin Challenge"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30IfHTf8Ll0&vl=en-US

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 09:54 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "Aren't guns legal in Alabama?"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Dec-07-16 09:54 AM by BigReg

Confused at why this happened; if it was a bunch of rednecks I don't think anyone would have cared.

Seems like overreach to me; while they seem to be 'badguys' Its a bit disturbing po po can kick down your door for legal shit simply because, 'Those n-words look like thugs'

MiracleRic
45200 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 11:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
18. "not for minors..."
In response to Reply # 9

8% of them niggas look above 16 lol

it also doesn't help they're using guns as props to a prank...while it might not be illegal...would definitely warrant some investigation lol

Cenario
59181 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 09:55 AM

10. "eh, plenty of niggas be posting they money, guns and drugs on SM"
In response to Reply # 0

that video had a lot of niggas tho.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 10:13 AM

11. "This seems like some bullshit. An Instagram video as probable cause?"
In response to Reply # 0

So folks can't act and make videos? How could they have determined whether the firearms and drugs in the video were authentic or not?

Seems like a new was to arbitrarily abuse power.

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 10:17 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "^^^Sees it."
In response to Reply # 11

People self-snitch all the time. But cops out here trying to frame niggas based off rap lyrics..I don't like the way this went down even if they were killers.

>So folks can't act and make videos? How could they have
>determined whether the firearms and drugs in the video were
>authentic or not?
>
>Seems like a new was to arbitrarily abuse power.

FLUIDJ
44616 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 10:24 AM

14. "On ONE hand...I agree..but on the OTHER hand...if that was MY"

neighborhood, and those were MY neighbors???
I'd be siced as shit right now and feeling like justice was served.

Cenario
59181 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 10:26 AM

15. "they ain't talking bout justice...they talking about the law."
In response to Reply # 14

justice doesn't exist.

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 11:06 AM

16. "if those were your neighbors you prolly woulda told them to use landscap..."
In response to Reply # 14

MiracleRic
45200 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 11:25 AM

19. "yes, mainly bc more than half of them don't appear to be legal age"

to carry fire arms...

flipnile
13573 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 02:03 PM

22. "Even if they are minors, they are allowed to act and play roles in video..."
In response to Reply # 19
Wed Dec-07-16 02:13 PM by flipnile

Those kids could have been acting. I would argue they *were* acting based on the context of the video.

And again, there's no way the police could have determined whether the firearms and drugs were real or not, even if they fired them. Dudes have After Effects in the hood too.

Also:
https://progressivecynic.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/13.jpg
https://www.fwweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/gun-kids.jpg

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 02:06 PM

23. "where were the drugs? "
In response to Reply # 22

flipnile
13573 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 02:11 PM

24. "Didn't watch, I just assumed there were because of the article"
In response to Reply # 23

This shit seems fucked-up. I've shot a rap video a years back with zip lock bags of baking soda for coke and a pellet gun as a 9mm semi-auto. Extrapolating from this case, I could have my door kicked in for acting with good props.

astroman71
Member since Oct 16th 2003
1094 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 04:53 PM

28. "RE: Didn't watch, I just assumed there were because of the article"
In response to Reply # 24

So let me get this straight...

...if I see folks with guns and baggies of coke, I'm supposed to consider that it might all just be play acting?

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 05:03 PM

33. "For a mannequin challenge video... definitely"
In response to Reply # 28

flipnile
13573 posts
Thu Dec-08-16 08:59 AM

41. "On a video with acting, yes."
In response to Reply # 28
Thu Dec-08-16 08:59 AM by flipnile

Are those real drugs and guns on rap videos? What about in studio movies? B-Movies? Homemade YouTube series?

Arbitrarily determining who is and isn't "acting" in a video is a slippery slope, especially when the reason for the investigation is "It looks like..." without any hard evidence of any wrongdoing.

Was that real meth they were cooking and selling on Breaking Bad? Should there have been a murder investigation into Morris Chestnut's shooting?

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 02:00 PM

21. "Abuse of power and assumption. "

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 04:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
31. "hello."

fuck you.

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44843 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 01:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
20. "That's an extremely troubling read. "
In response to Reply # 0

flipnile
13573 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 02:29 PM

25. "WTF at this:"
In response to Reply # 0

"""
The investigation started after the video surfaced. "You have a lot of people with firearms at one address," said Salomonsky. "And you have to ask yourself the question, 'Why?' and the second question you have to ask yourself: is it a public safety issue?"
"""

Folks get all liberal gun safety suddenly when Black people possess firearms, I see.

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 05:55 PM

37. "lmao i know right?"
In response to Reply # 25

no judges signing off on warrants for a video full of these guys

https://vice-images.vice.com/images/galleries/crops/2016/07/19/this-militia-group-walked-around-the-rnc-with-ar-15s-ak-47s-and-g3s-801-1468892859-size_1000.jpg?resize= &output-quality=75

DavidHasselhoff
Charter member
11451 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 02:49 PM

26. "How bout this one tho? *link*"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.facebook.com/1551660176/videos/10210773428002415/

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 04:03 PM

27. "one positive, cops rolled into to a house with atleast"
In response to Reply # 0

some armed people, and no one was shot.

Cenario
59181 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 05:17 PM

35. "was waiting for this."
In response to Reply # 27

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 05:52 PM

36. "just sayin'"
In response to Reply # 35

glad no unnecessary violence for once

GrumpySmurf
Charter member
3375 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 04:57 PM

29. "smh @ these comments. Social media is making yall crazy and illogical"
In response to Reply # 0

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 04:57 PM

30. "i dunno how a judge signed a warrant based off imagery in that video."
In response to Reply # 0

i'd challenge it.

fuck you.

MotorcityRob
Member since Mar 13th 2003
130 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 05:02 PM

32. "RE: i dunno how a judge signed a warrant based off imagery in that video..."
In response to Reply # 30

Alabama. NM.

FLUIDJ
44616 posts
Thu Dec-08-16 08:36 AM

39. "The oddly descriptive way they worded how they accessed the interior"
In response to Reply # 30

makes me think there was no warrant...

More along the lines of, the front door was opened, which allowed us to see inside, which allowed us to have probable cause thus alleviated the need for a warrant....

But you the law man...i'm just going off of my limited education from watching TV shows and reading on internet forumns.

GrumpySmurf
Charter member
3375 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 05:05 PM

34. "Some ofther bammas did the same thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1XKT4xoyF8

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 11:14 PM

38. "not one person in that dumb ass crew thought maybe this is bad idea?"
In response to Reply # 0

or maybe that dude didn't partake

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Dec-08-16 08:47 AM

40. "he shot the video... "
In response to Reply # 38

in portrait

RagOnMe
Charter member
999 posts
Thu Dec-08-16 09:26 AM

42. ""AYDMF" is the preferred nomenclature"
In response to Reply # 0

Allah
Charter member
47756 posts
Thu Dec-08-16 01:39 PM

43. "AYDMF!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.facebook.com/divineruler
__gigs__
__stuff__

Lobby General Discussion topic #13102711 Previous topic | Next topic