Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13085994

Subject: "UPDATE on my job situation: So i know what i'm gonna do" Previous topic | Next topic
poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 10:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"UPDATE on my job situation: So i know what i'm gonna do"

thanks, y'all for the prayers and inspiration, and well wishes, and encouragement and alladat.

backstory: after 23 years w/ ibm, i finally got hit w/ the axe. it was most shitty, how they did it, but this been going on for the last 8-10 years, at least, so it was kinda inevitable.

they told me the end of aug, and that my last day is the end of nov. and that i only get one month's severance. (they made that change this year -- last year i'd have gotten over 6 mos severance based upon my length of service).

bulk of my experience is in a highly specialized niche, but i'm one of the best in the world at that. helping multibillion dollar businesses run their businesses. last couple of years i'd gone off into another direction, but still in demand, w/ multiple customer engagements plus working on new shit / revenue opportunities up until i got the notice.

there was a company hired to help us 'transition' -- got the resume tight, did the linkedin, indeed, dice (good looking out), etc.. heart ain't in it. i'ma do for self.

so i'm going to start a consultancy, specializing in small, very small and medium sized business. i'm putting together an array of services i can provide. learning some new ish, and getting ready to try and make it do what it do.

i get paid through the end of nov, then severance will cover december. so i got basically 2.5 months to make shit happen and see whether i can replace my income. if not, i'ma cash out the 401k (not a lot in there), come january, and, worst case, can float a couple more months on this grind, or getting back to finding a traditional job, or a hybrid.

so, i'm stepping out on faith.

this is wild premature announcing it here, but i feel like it's just part of committing myself to it and making it official. all my friends and ex-coworkers, colleagues, etc., i've told to chill on trying to hook me up w/ any positions or anything. i wanna see if this pop, first.

i realize that if i took another position, i'd have a dumb learning curve, and be, unofficially, spending 80+ hrs a week before i felt i was up to speed. and that would preclude making this other thing happen, which has a substantially greater upside for me, my fam, and my community.

*deep breath*.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
That's what's up!
Oct 25th 2016
thanks! as i get some detalis around this i'll let you know. some stuff ...
Oct 25th 2016
      Hmm...is that first sentence what I think it is?
Oct 25th 2016
           it's not *that*, but it's holistic, and in the ballpark of some of the i...
Oct 25th 2016
You'll make it!
Oct 25th 2016
thanks for that info! i have a friend who has a plumbing services busine...
Oct 25th 2016
UPDATE on my other hustles:
Oct 25th 2016
Dope. Can't wait to see how this all goes.
Nov 02nd 2016
Best of luck to you!
Oct 25th 2016
thanks so much. and tenfold would be nice.
Oct 25th 2016
Good to hear. Good luck, man.
Oct 25th 2016
thanks. following your story was helpful to me. even before i needed it ...
Oct 25th 2016
      RE: thanks. following your story was helpful to me. even before i needed...
Oct 26th 2016
good shit man, you got this.
Oct 25th 2016
thanks, fam. much appreciated!
Oct 25th 2016
let me know when you're hiring lol
Oct 25th 2016
will do. i'm a long ways off from that, but if it go like i think it can...
Oct 25th 2016
good luck man
Oct 25th 2016
thanks. and that's helpful and encouraging.
Oct 25th 2016
Brush... Don't cash that 401k
Oct 25th 2016
i only got one month severance and shit was already tight. only way i do...
Oct 25th 2016
      i hear where you're coming from
Oct 25th 2016
this is eally fantastic, inspiring news
Oct 25th 2016
thanks a bunch.
Oct 25th 2016
Good luck. I hope it all works out for you.
Oct 25th 2016
thanks a lot.
Oct 25th 2016
do it! nothing like taking a risk
Oct 25th 2016
lmao! thanks for the 95% vote of confidence!
Nov 18th 2016
That's really peace...
Oct 25th 2016
thanks so much. trying to make it happen.
Nov 18th 2016
good sh!t, man! do your thing.
Oct 25th 2016
thanks. i think i sprinted through the 5 stages on this.
Nov 18th 2016
Dope! I hope everything works out for you, man
Oct 25th 2016
thank you very much.
Nov 18th 2016
The words I need to see
Oct 26th 2016
RE: The words I need to see
Nov 18th 2016
Be blessed on Your Journey
Oct 26th 2016
thanks so much, rsl!
Nov 18th 2016
*hugs*
Nov 02nd 2016
*hugs back* <-- sometimes hugs be needed
Nov 18th 2016
sounds like quite the adventure
Nov 03rd 2016
thanks very much, fam.
Nov 18th 2016

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44805 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 10:59 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "That's what's up! "
In response to Reply # 0

Get it in man.

Might I suggest documenting this journey in real time somehow?

Win, lose or draw on this journey that's something you can conceivably monetize after the fact.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 11:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "thanks! as i get some detalis around this i'll let you know. some stuff ..."
In response to Reply # 1

you'd appreciate and excel at, based upon previous convos.

love the idea of documenting it.

i think that would satisfy my writing itch, also.

matter of fact, i think that's a complementary hustle. great idea. hardest part would be not having every other word be *$*&# ibm!

although its real. i can skirt the line, though, so i can be real, but not do anything damaging to my 'brand', should i need to work another corporate joint.

but i really think these motherfuckers threw me into the briar patch, and that's how i'm treating it.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44805 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 12:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "Hmm...is that first sentence what I think it is?"
In response to Reply # 4

Either way I can't wait to see where it goes.

Very excited for you.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 01:31 PM

16. "it's not *that*, but it's holistic, and in the ballpark of some of the i..."
In response to Reply # 9

discussed.

and i'ma look over some of our old convos re: wordpress just to get a head start . if you still making moves, you got first dibs as far as where i host my blog.

but i think the other aspects might be something you can rock with, also.

>Either way I can't wait to see where it goes.
>
>Very excited for you.

thanks a lot. i'm genuinely hyped about this. more i look, the more confirmations i get.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 11:07 AM

2. "You'll make it!"
In response to Reply # 0

There's no shortage of businesses working to become more efficient.
Small entities within large institutions are are also good places to find clients. I had no idea about the volume of competitive bid seekers, until a few years ago when working on a semi-similar project. https://www.fbo.gov/ might be where most go, but even specific departments within large Universities are great resources. The U.N.'s RFP site, for example, has a surprising amount of bids open--for all of their various branches.

Good luck Homeboy!

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 11:25 AM

5. "thanks for that info! i have a friend who has a plumbing services busine..."
In response to Reply # 2

really, he's an inventor, and he makes stuff to help plumbing or in the domain of plumbing, and then creates services around that.

he has a lot of dealings with local governments (inspectors and such), and he's the one that put me on to a potentially lucrative niche on doing process automation and optimization.

and EXACTLY as you stated, there are pockets inside of large organizations which go untouched, but they have technology needs, also.

at my company, we were the largest IT shop in the world, but there were many departments using 20 and 30 year old systems. my first big break came in identifying such a situation and creating and developing and deploying a technical solution on my own to my dept and throughout the country, with a 3 yr savings of over $1m, at least.

even organizations with existing IT departments, they won't necessarily be doing productivity stuff for individual, small departments. so there's a big opportunity. i'm excited for it.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 11:09 AM

3. "UPDATE on my other hustles: "
In response to Reply # 0

so my son's business (really all of our business) s yllabeye (the app for college students) is still going. we trying to gain traction. just had a meeting w/ the instructional technology director of a small school in NC last week which went very well.

the app works well, although there are some changes we need to get made before we can really hit it hard w/ the marketing and rollout. but another pilot will be beneficial and keep us moving. and it was great to hear their enthusiasm as my son demo'd the product to two groups of professors and students.

they also went to a entrepreneurial forum in greensboro last weekend, and got a lot of good feedback and contacts. might come up on a couple more investors to help get us over the hump. i've done the specs and detailed design on the other changes needed to the app. now that i have more time, i can get more into the technical details there.

our candle business (w/ my wife) is going well. started this up back in may as a supplement to my income because i wasn't getting enough from the job. that has gone really well, but we're only selling at the local farmer's market one day a week. got to get the internet sales on and popping. but we get great response from customers on the variety and quality of the product. and we have a nice niche w/ all natural soy candles and phthalate free fragrances, so that should continue to grow.

it's cool, b/c when we go out on the weekends, my younger girls are typically there w/ us, helping us sell. and we've discovered that my middle daughter (the hooper) has a serious knack for sales. our numbers go up when she's there. which is very cool, b/c we have been praying that she'd identify some skill or interest outside of basketball.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22247 posts
Wed Nov-02-16 11:37 AM

32. "Dope. Can't wait to see how this all goes. "
In response to Reply # 3

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

BabyYoda
Member since Feb 15th 2012
3176 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 11:39 AM

6. "Best of luck to you!"
In response to Reply # 0

You never know that your situation may be the best thing to happen to you. You will be your own boss where the sky is the limit!

Stand tall, grind hard and hopefully you will be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor ten fold.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 11:56 AM

7. "thanks so much. and tenfold would be nice. "
In response to Reply # 6

>You never know that your situation may be the best thing to
>happen to you. You will be your own boss where the sky is the
>limit!
>
>Stand tall, grind hard and hopefully you will be able to enjoy
>the fruits of your labor ten fold.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 12:14 PM

8. "Good to hear. Good luck, man."
In response to Reply # 0

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 01:27 PM

14. "thanks. following your story was helpful to me. even before i needed it ..."
In response to Reply # 8

how things going for you? still in the honeymoon period?

loving that IT life, yet?

there is ALL KINDSA work out here for devs in health industry. you definitely primed to be riding a wave, upward.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Wed Oct-26-16 08:47 AM

29. "RE: thanks. following your story was helpful to me. even before i needed..."
In response to Reply # 14

Doing fine here, thanks. Thankfully, the only "IT" thing I've had to do so far is change printer toner, haha. I'm still on the struggle trying to figure out knucklehead's super custom esoteric code. But it's a good time and great experience

I am also encouraged by the fact that I speak decent english and don't have aspergers. Although that sounds jokey, I am pretty serious about that. Haha.

Rjcc
Charter member
94932 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 12:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "good shit man, you got this."
In response to Reply # 0

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 01:27 PM

15. "thanks, fam. much appreciated!"
In response to Reply # 10

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 12:29 PM

11. "let me know when you're hiring lol"
In response to Reply # 0

really doe...

my son is about to quit his job to start a business. the uncertainty of it bothers me and we may have to give up our comfortable lifestyle until things jump off. we've discussed it a few times. he said, "mom, if I don't do it now, when?"

yeah, i be forgetting he's grown. I have a few coins stored if it all falls down. So, I told him..."I don't care what you as long as you have your half of the rent"

May God bless you in your future endeavors. King!

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 01:34 PM

17. "will do. i'm a long ways off from that, but if it go like i think it can..."
In response to Reply # 11

there's definitely opportunity down the line to spread and have side hustles and main hustle opptys for other people.

first things, first, tho. that's great to hear about your son. encourage him. hear his ideas out. poke holes in his plans (lovingly), to make him come back with better plans.

the patience is the hardest part. my son's biz is on a slow burn. hopefully we turn the corner on that, soon. the potential of that dwarfs what i'm about to do, but still need lots of things to break our way first.

but i'm just trying to find something to put food on the table and get myself out of this perpetual check to check cycle.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 01:02 PM

12. "good luck man"
In response to Reply # 0

we are all rooting for you

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 01:39 PM

19. "thanks. and that's helpful and encouraging. "
In response to Reply # 12

i'm outchere like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5KwqooL1A

(really wanted the one where he was saying 'i won't let sandy down, i won't let sandy do-ownnn').

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 01:12 PM

13. "Brush... Don't cash that 401k"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll be back with more. But please don't do that.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 01:49 PM

22. "i only got one month severance and shit was already tight. only way i do..."
In response to Reply # 13

do that is if i can ramp quickly over these next two months to get to replacement level income, so that's the target.

i have a pension, also, tho (not huge, but more than what's in teh 401k), and i have no plans on touching that. so worst case i'll have to cash out the 401k, and take the penalty hit if the business looks promising but will require a few more months of hustle before it's fully supporting me.

i'm also going to structure myself, based upon what info i've gotten from friends who've gone the self employment route, as a company, so even if i take the occasional side job in my field, i'd pay myself salary and the parent company has the option of throwing money into a roth ira. the plan is that between rolling over my pension and the overage of what i'm able to do from the business, i'll be able to have a net improvement over any of the 401k i need to dip into in the interim + 10% penalty.

again, best possible case is that i come out the gate strong while i'm still on company payroll and earn replacement income, or at least close enough that i don't have to cash out come january.

>I'll be back with more. But please don't do that.
>
>█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
>Big PEMFin H & z's
>"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1
>thing, a musician." � Miles
>
>"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 06:44 PM

27. "i hear where you're coming from"
In response to Reply # 22

one month's severence after how long you been there is some bullshit. nut any financial adviser will tell you the only reason to take out your 401k is to put it into something better, and the cash on and in this case isn't something better even if it feels like the need. even with the pension you're not touching.

did you ever get my inbox?

i'm still not sure what your expertise is so i can't speak specifics. you know i'm cheering you on but i also want to be a reality check for you. the competition in everything tech is thick. positioning yourself in the mix is the most important step, but the relationships may come before that.

as someone who's done both sides of the employment thing one thing to remember is that ain't nothing long term these days. pick your clients well for their short term strategy and how it will build your brand. if it's not going to help our brand by the time the check cashes you could be shooting yourself in the foot.

plan to meet face to face. for all the high tech innanets and shit the face to face connects are the most important. and if you aren't the one to do that find that partner right awau.

I know you got patent level genius in you as well and not sure where those align. business structuring doesn't sound that close to innovation. both innovation and structuring at the billion dollar level sounds challenging for a consulant, unless your consulting for consultancies.

not trying to go against what you're thinking now, but one place you could really be an asset is with a VC firm. your background is perfect for i, not even knowing the details of what you've done. Consider it man, because there's stability in it in this shifting tech economy.

more than willing to be a sounding board.

>do that is if i can ramp quickly over these next two months
>to get to replacement level income, so that's the target.
>
>i have a pension, also, tho (not huge, but more than what's in
>teh 401k), and i have no plans on touching that. so worst case
>i'll have to cash out the 401k, and take the penalty hit if
>the business looks promising but will require a few more
>months of hustle before it's fully supporting me.
>
>i'm also going to structure myself, based upon what info i've
>gotten from friends who've gone the self employment route, as
>a company, so even if i take the occasional side job in my
>field, i'd pay myself salary and the parent company has the
>option of throwing money into a roth ira. the plan is that
>between rolling over my pension and the overage of what i'm
>able to do from the business, i'll be able to have a net
>improvement over any of the 401k i need to dip into in the
>interim + 10% penalty.
>
>again, best possible case is that i come out the gate strong
>while i'm still on company payroll and earn replacement
>income, or at least close enough that i don't have to cash out
>come january.
>

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 01:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
18. "this is eally fantastic, inspiring news"
In response to Reply # 0

....you seem like a very talented guy and I'm just gonna be praying for your prosperity and grind, cause I'm in sorta new territory myself these days, and kinda have to step out on faith too... anyway, sounds like a smart move...

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 01:52 PM

23. "thanks a bunch. "
In response to Reply # 18

>....you seem like a very talented guy and I'm just gonna be
>praying for your prosperity and grind, cause I'm in sorta new
>territory myself these days, and kinda have to step out on
>faith too... anyway, sounds like a smart move...

i really appreciate that. and i'm praying for you and whatever you got going on. so many different things in the works. let's get it.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Pete Burns
Member since Oct 18th 2005
5445 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 01:44 PM

20. "Good luck. I hope it all works out for you."
In response to Reply # 0

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 01:55 PM

24. "thanks a lot. "
In response to Reply # 20

i was lowkey worried about you b/c a post title said 'pete burns' died. then i saw they were talking about the musician, not the poster.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 01:46 PM

21. "do it! nothing like taking a risk "
In response to Reply # 0

you never know until you make that jump
and from what you have been posting- we already know you are driven
so im also 95% sure you will be successful

good luck!

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Fri Nov-18-16 01:19 PM

35. "lmao! thanks for the 95% vote of confidence! "
In response to Reply # 21

:-)

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 02:43 PM

25. "That's really peace..."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm really interested in this. I'm praying for you with this. I'll be monitoring this for afar though. Please keep us updated.

You're such pests...now, what is it you want? In your depths of your ignorance, what is it you want? Well, whatever it is you want, I can't deliver because I just don't see it. - Orson Welles

Never Tired, Always Sleepy

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Fri Nov-18-16 02:37 PM

36. "thanks so much. trying to make it happen. "
In response to Reply # 25

(or to get out of the way and allow it to happen).

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Mynoriti
Charter member
38797 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 02:47 PM

26. "good sh!t, man! do your thing. "
In response to Reply # 0

sounds like you're in a good place. glad to hear it.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Fri Nov-18-16 02:39 PM

37. "thanks. i think i sprinted through the 5 stages on this. "
In response to Reply # 26

this will be the first holiday season in forever that i ain't stressed about work, and checking in to do ibm or client business. that is an incredible blessing in and of itself.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

snacks
Member since Sep 15th 2005
5814 posts
Tue Oct-25-16 07:38 PM

28. "Dope! I hope everything works out for you, man"
In response to Reply # 0

Nothing like being in business for yourself ... you will be in my prayers.

The Brand Pod
https://www.youtube.com/@themonarchbrand
https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/2023071.rss

The Life Pod
https://www.youtube.com/@thewaterpodcast
https://redcircle.com/shows/the-water-podcast

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Fri Nov-18-16 02:40 PM

38. "thank you very much. "
In response to Reply # 28

it's a big step, but i know a lot of folks who've made moves, so i'm going to try to learn as much as i can.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

JellyBean
Charter member
16875 posts
Wed Oct-26-16 09:08 AM

30. "The words I need to see"
In response to Reply # 0

Step out on faith....

I've been such a chicken shit and self sabotage(er) that I've been so scared to do anything.

But those four words right there...they said it all. If I don't believe in me, who the freak will? They say patience is a virtue, I don't have it right now.

Just knowing the things you share with us that you have been going through make me realize that my stuff ain't nothing and I just need to get my head out of my but and DO IT!

"Holier than thou never sits well with me."(c)janey

"OKP spends way too much time looking for ways to be offended." ~legsdiamond

http://twitter.com/jeleighbean

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Fri Nov-18-16 02:47 PM

39. "RE: The words I need to see"
In response to Reply # 30

>Step out on faith....
>
>I've been such a chicken shit and self sabotage(er) that I've
>been so scared to do anything.

i mentioned in my other post that the perception of stability and safety is really limiting. but it's easy for me to say that now that I AIN'T GOT NO JOB (c) martin, as opposed to 3 mos ago.

>
>But those four words right there...they said it all. If I
>don't believe in me, who the freak will? They say patience is
>a virtue, I don't have it right now.

lol. in my fam we always talking about being scared to pray for patience, b/c God tends to answer that by sending a situation that will truly test your patience. but still, if that's what's needed, that's what's needed. my youngest son in the same place b/c he lowkey freaking out about not having any bball scholarship offers going into his final season in high school. thing is, tho, if it's For You, it's For You.

>Just knowing the things you share with us that you have been
>going through make me realize that my stuff ain't nothing and
>I just need to get my head out of my but and DO IT!

i wouldn't downplay your situations. but being able to watch other people going through things is a very helpful way to learn and grow w/o having to take the lumps, yourself.

i posted w/ my dear ibm letter, and i tried to be as gracious as possible, even though there was a very real part in me that wanted to go out in a blaze like, "fuck you, fuck YOU, fuck you... not you, you cool, fuck you..." but i had to disassociate my anger and hurt and realize that the vast majority of folks i've worked with have been great. also, a good number of the folks who hit me back in reply let me know that they got the tap on the shoulder also.

so if my words can be an encouragement and point out some hope, i'm blessed for having shared them.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

RaphaelSoulLee
Member since May 21st 2003
3765 posts
Wed Oct-26-16 09:19 AM

31. "Be blessed on Your Journey"
In response to Reply # 0

Rooting for you.

It takes all kinds to make up a world, son. -My pops

I just live for the comments -Da wiz

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Fri Nov-18-16 02:48 PM

40. "thanks so much, rsl!"
In response to Reply # 31

i (and really all of us) need all the encouragement i can get.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Wed Nov-02-16 10:40 PM

33. "*hugs*"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Fri Nov-18-16 02:49 PM

41. "*hugs back* <-- sometimes hugs be needed "
In response to Reply # 33

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13924 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 04:27 PM

34. "sounds like quite the adventure"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll be praying, yes

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Fri Nov-18-16 02:49 PM

42. "thanks very much, fam. "
In response to Reply # 34

your prayers are coveted.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Lobby General Discussion topic #13085994 Previous topic | Next topic