Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13080702

Subject: "Can we talk about Faraci in GD or nah? " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79629 posts
Wed Oct-12-16 07:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Can we talk about Faraci in GD or nah? "

I had no idea who this guy was but now that I do.... yeeesh.

Dude was calling Trump out online and was immediately called out for actually grabbing pussy and basically admitted it prolly happened.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/devin-faraci-birth-movies-death-sexual-assault-1201885262/

Mods prolly gonna delete tho cause apparently he was respected and friends/cool with some OKP's.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I doubt any OKPs are friends with him.
Oct 12th 2016
unless some mods in this section are cool with him or his little movie
Oct 12th 2016
The mods as a whole are cracking down on how sexual assault
Oct 12th 2016
ACCUSATION WITHOUT PROOF
Oct 12th 2016

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86673 posts
Wed Oct-12-16 10:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I doubt any OKPs are friends with him."
In response to Reply # 0

I have mutual friends with him from my film criticism days, but Lord knows I also have plenty of friends from those days that fucking hated his guts well before this.

As I said in PTP, it's a gross situation all-around. And it's not relegated to Faraci-- or even just film journalism. The journalism world as a whole is filled with men who get off on power trips.

Then you've got the people defending him, which is also gross. Then, maybe grosser still, you've got all of the people he's pissed off over the years gloating that someone they didn't like committed sexual assault. "Hooray! Someone who was mean to me sexually assaulted a woman!" And because so many of the people he pissed off are GamerGaters/Men's Rights Activists, they're all using this as a way to try to bring down feminism entirely as a bullshit construct, which, again, really gross.

It's just really ugly. And more stories will continue to come out, and more of these assholes who abuse the power in their worlds will continue to get called out. Both of these are good things, obviously-- it's just really going to shake up this corner of the world for a while. For the better in the long run, but in the short term, it's got many of my friends confused and angry and deeply saddened.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Hellyeah
Member since Jul 05th 2008
6507 posts
Wed Oct-12-16 12:25 PM

2. "unless some mods in this section are cool with him or his little movie "
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Oct-12-16 12:26 PM by Hellyeah

blogs circle jerk, i think there won't be any tailor made rule for talking about this story.

if the same threads existed for trump, bill clinton, cosby or r.kelly i don't see why faraci should be treated any differently.

anyway i'm not surprised one bit of the allegations. for anyone aware of dude's slimy character this is just the icing on the cake.

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44862 posts
Wed Oct-12-16 01:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "The mods as a whole are cracking down on how sexual assault "
In response to Reply # 2

posts are treated.

I don’t know how deep or concerted that effort is, just that it’s currently something they’re paying some level of particular attention to.

You shouldn’t take it personally.

Rjcc
Charter member
94968 posts
Wed Oct-12-16 01:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "ACCUSATION WITHOUT PROOF"
In response to Reply # 0

SOMEBODY CALL THE PROOF POLICE

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Lobby General Discussion topic #13080702 Previous topic | Next topic