Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13080377

Subject: "homeowners, let me holla at you" Previous topic | Next topic
GirlChild
Charter member
56001 posts
Tue Oct-11-16 01:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"homeowners, let me holla at you"

have any of you reglazed/painted your tiles? did you hire someone or do it yourself? how much did you spend?

thx

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: homeowners, let me holla at you
Oct 11th 2016
there's something you can do about unleveled floors
Oct 11th 2016
My house is new
Oct 11th 2016
YO!
Oct 11th 2016
PDLMWLITP
Oct 11th 2016
floor tiles or pool tiles?
Oct 11th 2016
While we're on tiles, what machine do I rent to get the grout clean?
Oct 11th 2016
you can use a steamer
Oct 11th 2016
      Good looking. I tried to find out how to re-glaze ceramic tile...
Oct 12th 2016
Tub yes, Tiles no, and i would advise against it.
Oct 12th 2016

TR808
Member since Oct 24th 2012
2012 posts
Tue Oct-11-16 02:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: homeowners, let me holla at you"
In response to Reply # 0

good question I got some tiles that have a crack in them but my biggest concern about this is that the foundation is not even or something....

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

GirlChild
Charter member
56001 posts
Tue Oct-11-16 11:30 PM

8. "there's something you can do about unleveled floors"
In response to Reply # 1

the back of our house was an addition and they did a shit job. there's a slight slant in the floors and it made our tiles crack. i've seen something that goes on top of the subflooring, like a kind of padding that helps even out the flooring. i'm sure it's a grip though.

BabyYoda
Member since Feb 15th 2012
3176 posts
Tue Oct-11-16 02:14 PM

2. "My house is new"
In response to Reply # 0

So, fortunately I am not have to worry about these types of things for a while. I do need to have my downstairs floors deep cleaned though.

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Tue Oct-11-16 02:18 PM

3. "YO!"
In response to Reply # 0

how is SD?

how is the craft? whats going on in that area?

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Tue Oct-11-16 02:21 PM

4. "PDLMWLITP"
In response to Reply # 0

please don't let my wife lurk into this post.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Tue Oct-11-16 02:32 PM

5. "floor tiles or pool tiles?"
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Tue Oct-11-16 04:19 PM

6. "While we're on tiles, what machine do I rent to get the grout clean?"
In response to Reply # 0

I have some really nice kitchen and bathroom tile, but I'm pretty sure the grout isn't supposed to be black in some places. Also, what kinda cleanser do I use?

GirlChild
Charter member
56001 posts
Tue Oct-11-16 11:29 PM

7. "you can use a steamer"
In response to Reply # 6

there's also grout cleaner at home depot

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Wed Oct-12-16 08:08 AM

9. "Good looking. I tried to find out how to re-glaze ceramic tile..."
In response to Reply # 7

...this is the best that I could find in under 5 mins: http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-reglaze-shower-tile

Are your tiles worn or dull?

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Wed Oct-12-16 09:12 AM

10. "Tub yes, Tiles no, and i would advise against it. "
In response to Reply # 0

If the grout between the tiles is failing or molding, "reglazing" is simply painting over something that needs to be repaired/replaced. Painting over failing grout is not a repair, it's a cover up.

It's ok to do on the tub surface because you're simply trying to cover up what's been worn away over the years. Kind of like painting a car... You wouldn't just paint over a crack in the car.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13080377 Previous topic | Next topic