Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13078941

Subject: "WikiLeaks releases emails with excerpts from Hillary Clinton’s Wall St..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5190 posts
Fri Oct-07-16 09:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"WikiLeaks releases emails with excerpts from Hillary Clinton’s Wall St..."

WikiLeaks releases emails with excerpts from Hillary Clinton’s Wall Street speeches

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/wikileaks-releses-excerpts-clinton-wall-street-speeches-article-1.2822032

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s private speeches to Wall Street bankers could be seen for the first time Friday, according to WikiLeaks.

A staff member for her campaign said in an email to top officials obtained by the hacktivist group that excerpts from the lucrative speeches showed “a lot of policy positions that we should give an extra scrub with policy.”

Clinton said in one May 2013 speech to a Brazilian bank that her "dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders," according to the email. She believes that in politics "you need both a public and a private position," she told the National Multifamily Housing Council in April of that year.

She also told Goldman Sachs and BlackRock executives in February 2014 that she and Bill Clinton are "kind of far removed" from the middle class, the email said. Each highlight from her speeches included a headline noting why the staffer thought her remarks were problematic.

U.S. Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton speaks at a Women for Hillary campaign event Wednesday. WikiLeaks claimed to release excerpts from her private Wall Street speeches Friday. (BRIAN SNYDER/REUTERS)
"CLINTON ADMITS NEEDING WALL STREET FUNDING," another one said.

"CLINTON IS AWARE OF SECURITY CONCERNS AROUND BLACKBERRIES," a third one said.

Clinton’s campaign did not confirm the authenticity of the Jan. 25 email to chairman John Podesta and others posted on the WikiLeaks website. WikiLeaks dumped 2,049 other emails it said came from Podesta's in-box as well.

WikiLeaks under fire for publishing rape victims' medical files
"Today WikiLeaks begins its series on deals involving Hillary Clinton campaign Chairman John Podesta," WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange wrote in a statement. "Mr Podesta is a long-term associate of the Clintons and was President Bill Clinton's Chief of Staff from 1998 until 2001. Mr Podesta also controls the Podesta Group, a major lobbying firm and is the Chair of the Center for American Progress (CAP), a Washington DC-based think tank."

Clinton earned $3 million, including $675,000 from Goldman Sachs, in a series of appearances following her tenure as secretary of state, according to CBS News. Her primary rival, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, slammed her for not releasing transcripts from the speeches.

Clinton spokesman Glen Caplin said in a statement that the campaign is "not going to confirm the authenticity of stolen documents released by Julian Assange who has made no secret of his desire to damage Hillary Clinton."

Podesta, who called CNN's Jake Tapper a "d--k" in one of the leaked emails, posted a series of tweets about the data dump.

WikiLeaks offers $20G reward for info in DNC staffer slaying
"I'm not happy about being hacked by the Russians in their quest to throw the election to Donald Trump," Podesta said.

He added that he doesn't "have time to figure out which docs are real and which are faked." He noted, however, that "Assange's first claim that I co-own the Podesta Group is completely false."

The Jan. 25 email contained 25 different excerpts the staff member described as “flags” in need of changes. Each highlight included the dates of the speeches and the financial institution where Clinton delivered the remarks.

She said in one speech at “Goldman - Black Rock” on Feb. 4, 2014, that she is “kind of far removed” from middle class struggles “because the life I’ve lived and the economic, you know, fortunes that my husband and I now enjoy.”

Wikileaks founder says site plans to release Trump's tax returns
“And I am not taking a position on any policy, but I do think there is a growing sense of anxiety and even anger in the country over the feeling that the game is rigged,” she said, according to the email. “And I never had that feeling when I was growing up.”

Supporters of Trump, Clinton's Republican opponent, had spread word of a so-called "October surprise" so damning that it could end Clinton's campaign. Many right-wingers expressed outrage Tuesday when WikiLeaks failed to produce any bombshells during an event on its tenth anniversary.

WikiLeaks called Friday night's massive release "the first 2,050 of well over 50,000" of Podesta's emails. Assange had promised on Tuesday that WikiLeaks would unveil weekly releases involving the presidential campaign, war, weapons, oil, government surveillance and Google until the end of the year.

---------------------------
Signature

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
My guess is Putin told Assange to hold off earlier this week.
Oct 07th 2016
I agree
Oct 07th 2016
      RE: I agree
Oct 08th 2016
           True
Oct 08th 2016
there's some stuff in there that looks wildly edited.
Oct 08th 2016
RE: there's some stuff in there that looks wildly edited.
Oct 08th 2016
I bet this is why Trumps hot mic hit the news today
Oct 08th 2016
More likely it's the other way around
Oct 08th 2016
      RE: More likely it's the other way around
Oct 08th 2016

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Oct-07-16 09:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "My guess is Putin told Assange to hold off earlier this week."
In response to Reply # 0

Both sides have more in store in terms of feeding leaks and gotcha re or dings to the media.

Lurkmode
5190 posts
Fri Oct-07-16 10:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I agree"
In response to Reply # 1

This will continue.

Signature

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Sat Oct-08-16 12:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: I agree"
In response to Reply # 2

>This will continue.

The Russians and their stooge look shook...lol

Trump's story has taken ALL the air out of the room....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Lurkmode
5190 posts
Sat Oct-08-16 09:08 AM

9. "True"
In response to Reply # 3

>>This will continue.
>
>
>The Russians and their stooge look shook...lol
>
>Trump's story has taken ALL the air out of the room....

I agree his scandal kills the story again. The Clinton camp op research and journalist are like that old Maytag repairman commercial where he had nothing to do because washer would never break. Trump is doing all the work for them.

Signature

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Sat Oct-08-16 12:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "there's some stuff in there that looks wildly edited."
In response to Reply # 0

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Lurkmode
5190 posts
Sat Oct-08-16 09:00 AM

8. "RE: there's some stuff in there that looks wildly edited."
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah it does look edited.

Akon's swipe is better I didn't see that one before I posted.

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13077843&mesg_id=13077843&page=#13078917

Signature

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79620 posts
Sat Oct-08-16 12:51 AM

5. "I bet this is why Trumps hot mic hit the news today"
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44720 posts
Sat Oct-08-16 01:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "More likely it's the other way around"
In response to Reply # 5
Sat Oct-08-16 01:30 AM by mrhood75

If this was this was really a "change the game" revelation, then Asange would have released it on Tuesday, when he knew everyone was paying attention to him.

But he didn't, because this is pretty thin gruel in terms of "exposing" Hillary. Better to have it buried by a bigger story.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Sat Oct-08-16 06:55 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "RE: More likely it's the other way around"
In response to Reply # 6

>If this was this was really a "change the game" revelation,
>then Asange would have released it on Tuesday, when he knew
>everyone was paying attention to him.
>
>But he didn't, because this is pretty thin gruel in terms of
>"exposing" Hillary. Better to have it buried by a bigger
>story.

^^^^Truth....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Lobby General Discussion topic #13078941 Previous topic | Next topic