Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13076947

Subject: "Do you trust anyone at your job?" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79349 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 10:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Do you trust anyone at your job?"

if so, dont

they arent your friends... they are your coworkers and they will throw you under the bus to save themselves.

this post aint really me but i have one particular coworker who is all motherly and acts like she cares.

she is quick to snitch on anything moving when she gets pressed by the boss.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
yup i trust that they will do this
Oct 04th 2016
someone did bite the bullet for me once
Oct 04th 2016
Loyalty > Trust my boss gets both but just him really
Oct 04th 2016
Lol hell nah.
Oct 04th 2016
Yeah that shit is a catch 22
Oct 04th 2016
some of these mofos would make up some shit to say about me
Oct 04th 2016
2 people
Oct 04th 2016
dayum
Oct 04th 2016
I have a few that I trust.
Oct 04th 2016
nah
Oct 04th 2016
I don't trust any of these people...
Oct 04th 2016
RE: I don't trust any of these people...
Oct 04th 2016
      loud...
Oct 04th 2016
           she sounds like
Oct 04th 2016
whoa. these responses are so strange to me.
Oct 04th 2016
This is me.
Oct 04th 2016
nah... i get it. but you dont have to kick it with friends and fam 40hrs...
Oct 04th 2016
these folks don't even speak to their co-workers lol
Oct 04th 2016
      right? i swear. how did we end up here?!
Oct 04th 2016
learned the hard way
Oct 04th 2016
THESE white folk?
Oct 04th 2016
every other week, i'll have coworkers askin me if im on facebook...
Oct 04th 2016
cold blue eyes
Oct 04th 2016
      that was pretty good lol
Oct 04th 2016
For what?
Oct 04th 2016
the cold hard truth
Oct 04th 2016
Two. Neither are in my department.
Oct 04th 2016
Nope! I barely give any personal details to the people I work with now
Oct 04th 2016
No full trust, but there are some I trust way more than others
Oct 04th 2016
a woman back home used to kick it with a coworker
Oct 04th 2016
damn
Oct 04th 2016
      right. that's not the norm.
Oct 04th 2016
           Nah, she is one of those people who ALWAYS stir shit up
Oct 04th 2016
i've said this shit before on here and people dog piled the shit out of ...
Oct 04th 2016
A handful and to a degree.
Oct 04th 2016

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59131 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 10:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "yup i trust that they will do this"
In response to Reply # 0

>they are your coworkers and they will throw you under the bus to save themselves.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59131 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 11:02 AM

2. "someone did bite the bullet for me once"
In response to Reply # 0

I was like 19-20 working in a law firm. I met the receptionist and come to find out alot of my older brother peoples were her husband's people. We became cool.

I was a floater that would use whoever's work station was available and they gave me an administrators password. Once I got my own station I still had the admin's password, and would use it from time to time. I had access to everyone's Outlook. One day I had to use the recep cpu and i was logged in under admin and snooping around, forgot i was in someone else's out look and sent an email.

Couple of days later recep got fired. I found out from a friend years later that they accused her of the email thing. She knew it was me but didn't say anything. They fired her. I felt bad but she was on her way to getting fired anyway and everything didn't make sense perfectly(it was years later so i didn't remember the details) but she mighta just been saving face...idon'tknow.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 11:14 AM

3. "Loyalty > Trust my boss gets both but just him really"
In response to Reply # 0

And the trust was built on the quality of my work proving to him that he could trust me to get the job done regardless. He got the loyalty off the break though.

That and a few bottle of nice vodka.

Hitokiri
Charter member
22092 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 11:17 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Lol hell nah."
In response to Reply # 0

I have one friend at work. We work in the same department, but we work in different buildings. I tell her all the time and live with the fact that I have plenty of friends and these people are my co-workers, not friends. And I refuse to try to make friends of them.

She's been burnt by someone here who she was friends with (tried to get her fired), and now they're friends again.

But these people are forever trying to go to happy hour, having Halloween parties and all that -- I'm good. You won't catch me at any of that shit.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

Anonymous
Charter member
23221 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 11:44 AM

6. "Yeah that shit is a catch 22"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm cool with everyone at work but not really friends with anyone.

I trust more than others but I know the deal at the end of the day.

As far as the happy hour and office parties...those things are good for team building and can help make a department or office work together better and creates a positive work environment and high morale.

The issue is that when shit hits the fan, no one wants to be honest with the situation and take ownership of what occurred. This is obviously for fear of getting written up or fired but that goes back to the boss and their method of judging staff intentions while
Holding people accountable. Everyone fucks up but when you have an environment where it's not ok to fuck up at all then people throw others under the bus because they are nervous for their own job.

People just don't know how to communicate and people aren't raised with the same values. I would find it easy to work with my best friends because we can hold each other accountable with no hard feelings and we know each other's motives. If someone were to fuck up then we would address it and deal with it instead of crucifying the person.

That just doesn't happen in the work world because people don't know each other as well and the trust isn't there.

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 11:37 AM

5. "some of these mofos would make up some shit to say about me"
In response to Reply # 0

if they thought it would further their interest.

but

now, and in the past, i've worked with some stand-up people that had integrity. they wouldnt lie on me even if asked and promised something in return...

I ain't lyin. This shit i'm making up is true...

JellyBean
Charter member
16875 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 11:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "2 people"
In response to Reply # 0

only because I knew them BEFORE I worked here.

but every single one of these hoes can suckle a diseased dick and swallow! I fucking hate this job and the bitches that work here. However, I do enjoy my work

"Holier than thou never sits well with me."(c)janey

"OKP spends way too much time looking for ways to be offended." ~legsdiamond

http://twitter.com/jeleighbean

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 11:55 AM

8. "dayum"
In response to Reply # 7

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tariqhu
Charter member
17861 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 11:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "I have a few that I trust."
In response to Reply # 0

but I don't trust them enough to think they'll cover/lie for me if I fucked up.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10114 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 12:05 PM

10. "nah"
In response to Reply # 0

>

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 12:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "I don't trust any of these people..."
In response to Reply # 0

only the self proclaimed thot.
cuz she's pretty genuine

Numba_33
Charter member
19311 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 12:35 PM

12. "RE: I don't trust any of these people..."
In response to Reply # 11

>only the self proclaimed thot.
>cuz she's pretty genuine

How loud are these workplace proclamations?

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 12:49 PM

16. "loud..."
In response to Reply # 12

I went out with her and had the time of my life lol

she said when she visits up north the men loved her "yellow, country ass"
telling me this while dancing lol

Numba_33
Charter member
19311 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 12:56 PM

19. "she sounds like "
In response to Reply # 16

she's quite the source of entertainment.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

MzOnyxVI
Charter member
5146 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 12:37 PM

13. "whoa. these responses are so strange to me."
In response to Reply # 0

I just started a new job two weeks ago so I can't speak on this particular position yet

but I've worked at 3 other places and I've trusted practically everyone I've worked with, with the exception of 2 people.

I'm still friends with everyone from my previous jobs -- as in, we hang out, invited to weddings/baby showers, etc.

I can't imagine spending so much time with coworkers and being unable to trust them.

Hamsterline
Charter member
4004 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 01:27 PM

26. "This is me."
In response to Reply # 13

Yes, there are shady folks. But that's EVERYWHERE. I trust folks I work with. Friends from way back and family can be shady and untrustworthy too.

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 01:37 PM

29. "nah... i get it. but you dont have to kick it with friends and fam 40hrs..."
In response to Reply # 26
Tue Oct-04-16 01:38 PM by legsdiamond

but just cause we work together doesnt mean i will or should trust you

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 01:30 PM

27. "these folks don't even speak to their co-workers lol"
In response to Reply # 13

=======================================
Coolin...

MzOnyxVI
Charter member
5146 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 04:16 PM

32. "right? i swear. how did we end up here?!"
In response to Reply # 27

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 12:39 PM

14. "learned the hard way"
In response to Reply # 0

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32081 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 12:42 PM

15. "THESE white folk?"
In response to Reply # 0

hell no

thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41487 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 12:54 PM

17. "every other week, i'll have coworkers askin me if im on facebook..."
In response to Reply # 0

and every other week, i'll look in their cold blue eyes and without hesitation, i tell them: "nope"

then go right back to looking at my timeline on my phone

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

Numba_33
Charter member
19311 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 12:55 PM

18. "cold blue eyes"
In response to Reply # 17

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32081 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 01:21 PM

21. "that was pretty good lol "
In response to Reply # 18

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28833 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 01:10 PM

20. "For what?"
In response to Reply # 0

If I saw them dying of hypothermia or dehydration I wouldn't spit or piss on them to keep them alive for a millisecond longer.

We all there to get that check direct deposited into the checking account on the 1st and 15th. I am not contractually obligated to trust anyone for any reason under any circumstances.

Crash Bandacoot
10114 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 01:22 PM

23. "the cold hard truth"
In response to Reply # 20

>

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44688 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 01:21 PM

22. "Two. Neither are in my department. "
In response to Reply # 0

One is my former boss' boss. She's been with the company for 30 years and is good to have on your side.

But the people in my department? Nah, B.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

walihorse
Member since Aug 03rd 2006
16125 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 01:23 PM

24. "Nope! I barely give any personal details to the people I work with now"
In response to Reply # 0

I really don't trust them 3 at all.

If a fat guy falls in the woods and there is no one around to see it, do the trees laugh?

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13546 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 01:24 PM

25. "No full trust, but there are some I trust way more than others"
In response to Reply # 0

A few of the dudes in here carry themselves aiight. That's as close as it gets.

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 01:35 PM

28. "a woman back home used to kick it with a coworker"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Oct-04-16 01:35 PM by legsdiamond

they smoked, drank, chilled together.

the coworker didnt come into work one day and when the woman texted to see if she was ok she responded she was fine, just had a long night and didnt feel like coming in.

ole girl showed the text to her boss and they fired her coworker.

the woman claims she doesnt understand why the husband was at the bar looking like he wanted to kill ole girl for getting his wife fired.

trust no one.

Crash Bandacoot
10114 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 01:54 PM

30. "damn"
In response to Reply # 28
Tue Oct-04-16 01:54 PM by Crash Bandacoot

wtf did she show the text to the boss tho!? *smh*

tariqhu
Charter member
17861 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 03:21 PM

31. "right. that's not the norm."
In response to Reply # 30

sounds like some beef happened before that text was shown.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 04:43 PM

33. "Nah, she is one of those people who ALWAYS stir shit up"
In response to Reply # 31

She is fine as shit tho...

One time she was in the bar and smeone came in with a kid to pick up some food to go. The kid had a black eye.

She called the cops and wanted to report the person for child abuse. She had no idea how the kid got the bruise, just a nosey, miserable person..

Fine as shit tho...

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 04:53 PM

34. "i've said this shit before on here and people dog piled the shit out of ..."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm not saying you can't make friends with someone you work with, but it's not the case 99 percent of the time, especially if there is any way you fucking up could advance them, or even any knowledge you leak to them could hurt you or advance them.

I'm 44 and have run a mid-sized company, worked in all sorts of corporate settings, and the only people I've ever stayed friends with after working with them were people I worked with in the bar business(generally no reason to hate on someone in that line of work if they are good, because hiring someone bad to replace them ends up making YOUR life a living hell).

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22248 posts
Tue Oct-04-16 04:53 PM

35. "A handful and to a degree. "
In response to Reply # 0

This organization is over 600,000 employees though. I've met hundreds and worked with dozens. You don't move up or around here without developing some bonds.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Lobby General Discussion topic #13076947 Previous topic | Next topic