Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13074704

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 07:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Nada

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
There was nothing racist about MJB's BK commercial.
Sep 28th 2016
lol
Sep 28th 2016
it was corny as hell but it wasn't racist
Sep 28th 2016
Agreed... If anything it was kinda a jam.
Sep 28th 2016
      And I still can't get over this remake:
Sep 28th 2016
you got an emergency in the middle of the night. who you gonna call?
Sep 28th 2016
I hope someone shoots him.
Sep 28th 2016
Food Is Life...
Sep 28th 2016
congrats.. sounds like you are excited
Sep 28th 2016
home.
Sep 28th 2016
irreconcilable differences
Sep 28th 2016
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Sep 28th 2016
the dynamic of having a wife with money is beautiful dark twisted fantas...
Sep 28th 2016
mine quit her job and did't tell me
Sep 28th 2016
nah keep that....
Sep 28th 2016
*cough*whatyowifedobro*cough*
Sep 28th 2016
My nephew was killed on Monday. (LONG, RAMBLING READ)
Sep 28th 2016
Condolences, man.
Sep 28th 2016
damn.. 2016 aint shit
Sep 28th 2016
Fuck man. Im sorry
Sep 28th 2016
heartbreaking. peace to you and the family.
Sep 28th 2016
Condolences, man.
Sep 28th 2016
Sorry to hear.
Sep 28th 2016
thank you all for the kind thoughts.
Sep 28th 2016
if these walls could talk...
Sep 28th 2016
i would like to fight someone
Sep 28th 2016
LOL
Sep 28th 2016
Woke up yesterday morning with a weird yet comforting thought....
Sep 28th 2016
I have to talk
Sep 28th 2016

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 08:06 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "There was nothing racist about MJB's BK commercial."
In response to Reply # 0

Ppl did the most right there. Black ppl singing about chicken s not automatically problematic.

fuck you.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13590 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 09:09 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "lol"
In response to Reply # 1

>Black ppl singing about chicken

I don't think MJB's commercial is any worse than those Popeyes Chicken commercials.

SooperEgo
Charter member
11338 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 09:19 AM

5. "it was corny as hell but it wasn't racist"
In response to Reply # 1

Sarah_Bellum
Charter member
7489 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 10:41 AM

8. "Agreed... If anything it was kinda a jam. "
In response to Reply # 1

It has an earworm quality to it.

DJTB YOMM

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 10:56 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "And I still can't get over this remake:"
In response to Reply # 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jUH3SMlwP8

fuck you.

SooperEgo
Charter member
11338 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 08:07 AM

2. "you got an emergency in the middle of the night. who you gonna call?"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Sep-28-16 08:20 AM by SooperEgo

about a week ago i get a call at 3:30am. a call at that time means somebody dead, dying, or locked up.

turns out my man Dink got pulled over & he was riding dirty. cop ain't show no flex and had his shit towed immediately. leaving this clown stranded and me leaving my house at the dead hour. 3:30am is pretty much the dead hour cuz most people who were hanging out have gone to sleep recently and people that gotta get up early are still sleep.

as i'm driving there, i thought about the middle of the night call. when you in need and the timing ain't convenient for nobody, who can you call that'll come through for you?

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 08:17 AM

3. "I hope someone shoots him."
In response to Reply # 0

fuck you.

JellyBean
Charter member
16875 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 09:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Food Is Life..."
In response to Reply # 0

Things are coming into motion real fast and I thank my friend for making me do it.

Had it not been for her I would still be wondering if I should, she's making me do it. And because I'm a people pleaser, I don't want to let her down and me not wanting to let her down is making me do something I've always wanted to do. She told me that she didn't want to do this with anyone but me!

Now she's been actively working in the restaurant industry since we left culinary school...I have not, but I don't want to let her (or myself for that matter) down. So I'm going to be practicing and refreshing my skills so I can be up to par!

We bout to do this shit and I'm hyped and scared as fuck all at the same time!

"Holier than thou never sits well with me."(c)janey

"OKP spends way too much time looking for ways to be offended." ~legsdiamond

http://twitter.com/jeleighbean

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79865 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 10:03 AM

7. "congrats.. sounds like you are excited"
In response to Reply # 6

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22275 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 10:41 AM

9. "home. "
In response to Reply # 0

During my wedding the best man got up and said "if you've ever been to Killeen, you know that there's not too much to do except get out of it." I don't think I felt that until I went home this weekend. I'm from Austin, but my early years were formed in Killeen. My parents are from there, they still go back for yearly block parties, Granny's house was there until the early 90's, spent summers there, still have Aunts and Uncles there and my god parents are out near there in Harker Heights still.

You don't always get a good look at things until you go back. And that's what home felt like this weekend. The 7/11 that my parents met at, that me and my cousins would take quarters to, gone. The house that my dads mom used to live in, condemned. The creek that we caught turtles in with string and bacon, dried up, but still windinf through the trailer park.

It was the first time I got to take my wife there, and say, this is where I really come from. She's been to Texas with me, seen Austin, but everywhere is changed. The old spots there are new yoga studios, shared work spaces, and coffee shops. There's white people on the east side now. But nobody is trying to gentrify Killeen.

We went up Saturday, to see my god mother, I don't think I've been up there in at least 8 or so years. Sat around with my family talking cars, kids, watching the museum opening, jobs, just life. It was good. It was comfortable, it was familiar.

Saturday night was my good friend's wedding, the reason we went down in the first place. It was a good time. Saw some people I'm close to, some that we've grown apart, some that we broke each other's hearts. And again I was reminded that you don't always get a good look at things until you go back. I thought Houston would always be my life, that these were the friends that I'd always have, the jobs I'd work, the people I'd care for. And now, I'm grateful that I left. So glad that home and memories can still exist, even if you don't have to remain in them.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 10:50 AM

10. "irreconcilable differences"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't have shxt else to say.

I threw my ring out the window on Fir Ave.

Bitch you need to read Proverbs and put some #Respeck on my name.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 11:08 AM

12. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

my local circle is the best

Im tired, but productive. I prefer it to when I was shiftless

no animosity whatsoever towards anyone I dated seriously or otherwise

my job irks me but I like restaurants, concerts and having my bills paid

I've done well staying pretty down to earth and not losing myself in whatever people aspire towards living in Los Angeles

I definitely need to figure out what's next career wise and stop being scared to take the leap

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16804 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 11:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "the dynamic of having a wife with money is beautiful dark twisted fantas..."
In response to Reply # 0

pro: got to pursue any career i wanted regardless of money
con: picked a career where i can work from home and a lot of free time...wife don't like free time lol

pro: bills aren't an issue
con: control of what bills gets created is not solely up to me

pro: her mama lives with us..which means we purchased a larger home to accommodate her and she is basically the nanny/maid
con: wife + mama = 2 vs me = 1...numbers dont match up

pro: gotten exposed to a life i wasn't raised to be apart of
con: my family (outside of my mom) can't relate to the experiences I go through which makes it frustrating to relate to them going forward

money does indeed change some situations

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 12:48 PM

21. "mine quit her job and did't tell me"
In response to Reply # 13

chew on that dynamic.

no snark..I don't mean it in a 'my shxt is worse than yours' kinda way.

You wanna trade places tho? Cause I got 3 daughters, 2 of whom are blessed with that monthly mood swing, combined with teen-girl-angst.

4 vs. 1

1 income

fked up entitled attitudes.

you gon be alright!! LOL

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16804 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 01:16 PM

24. "nah keep that...."
In response to Reply # 21

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 02:43 PM

27. "*cough*whatyowifedobro*cough*"
In response to Reply # 13
Wed Sep-28-16 02:43 PM by double negative

the nosey part of me is curious how deep the vault goes

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

PROMO
Charter member
31077 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 11:30 AM

14. "My nephew was killed on Monday. (LONG, RAMBLING READ)"
In response to Reply # 0

He was walking from our house, where he was crashing with us trying to get his life right, to his brand new job at T-Mobile (it was gonna be his first day) when he was hit from behind by a driver.

the M.E. said his death was instant.

we don't know yet if the woman who hit him will face criminal charges. it sounds like she was an overnight worker who may have nodded off at the wheel and he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and she swerved out of the lane and hit him on the side of the road.

here's a local news story about it (he's Quincy P. Tigner): http://komonews.com/news/local/who-else-has-to-die-another-pedestrian-killed-on-road-with-no-sidewalks

it's crazy because if you've followed my Confession Wednesday of late, he was unfortunately wrapped up in all the drama of my wife and i raising her brother's daughters (the girls) and dealing with the girls' homeless parents. the girls' mom was his biological mom and the girls' dad (my wife's brother) was his stepdad but he was Quincy's dad, period. at last update i told you that my wife's other brother and his family moved to South Dakota and that the girls' parents had nowhere to go. well, Quincy had recently moved up here from Georgia due to some false promises given to him by the brother who moved to SD, so when that happened he was out in the cold too. Quincy and the girls' parents were crashing with us after the brother left for SD but we had given them an ultimatum of being somewhere else by TODAY actually.

as part of that, the girls' mom had found a job and Quincy too. Quincy wanted to get a check or two under his belt then move back to Georgia cuz he had reconciled with his girlfriend who lives down there while he was up here, and he want to take the girls' parents (also his parents) down to Georgia with him because he thought with things being way less expensive down there it would be easier for them to fix their lives.

now, as a weird silver lining to this dark cloud, his parents are probably going to get tens of thousands of dollars from insurance, so, with his death he may still actually help them fix their lives.

i wasn't SUPER close with Quincy because when I started to get to know him he went to Arizona to TRY living with his biological dad. that didn't work so he moved back but then not too long later he got real serious with this girl and they both moved to Iowa to be near her parents. that ended and he moved back but went into the Army not that long after...so he's just been in and out. that said, he was only 22 and he was JUST starting to figure out how to be a man and how to get his life in order, and he was really the nicest 22 year old kid i've ever known.

the older of his two sisters was pretty devastated (she's 16 and was really close with him). the younger one (she's 8)? it's hard to tell how she's feeling. obviously the parents are heartbroken.

life is fleeting. it can be here and gone so quick. i just saw him sleeping on my floor when i went to work Monday. he was killed 3 hours later.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13590 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 11:36 AM

15. "Condolences, man."
In response to Reply # 14

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79865 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 11:45 AM

17. "damn.. 2016 aint shit"

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 11:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
18. "Fuck man. Im sorry"

jdub1313
Charter member
4732 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 12:07 PM

19. "heartbreaking. peace to you and the family."

none of that makes any sense at all. my deep condolences.

Seven
Member since Dec 11th 2004
10708 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 12:55 PM

23. "Condolences, man. "

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44922 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 01:16 PM

25. "Sorry to hear."

PROMO
Charter member
31077 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 02:08 PM

26. "thank you all for the kind thoughts."

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 11:40 AM

16. "if these walls could talk..."
In response to Reply # 0

resentment that turned into deep depression
found myself screaming in "my bedroom"...

bonamie
Charter member
60263 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 12:37 PM

20. "i would like to fight someone"
In response to Reply # 0

i need to get on my chill
quick
i should have fought more when i was younger maybe
to get it out of my system
maybe i need to just find a kick boxing class
other than that
LOL
as if

-----------------------------------
we aint the two and i aint the one- lyte

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 02:49 PM

28. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 20

Seven
Member since Dec 11th 2004
10708 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 12:55 PM

22. "Woke up yesterday morning with a weird yet comforting thought...."
In response to Reply # 0

....long story short...I have a pretty good life all things considered.
If I died tomorrow...I'd be pretty pleased with my life up to this point.

I'm not out in the streets living reckless but all my sti tests came back negative last week. Felt pretty relieved.

There's a woman I'm working with that I like, but wary of mixing business and pleasure...plus I think she likes the engineer. So I've decided not to pursue.

Getting my house in order. 2017 is looking good if things go according to plan.

I need to buy some gym gloves. These calluses aren't sexy

tariqhu
Charter member
17911 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 03:22 PM

29. "I have to talk"
In response to Reply # 0

with an AVP tomorrow about my career aspirations. have no idea what to say.

I like what I'm currently doing, but I will have to figure out that next move soon. didn't think it would be now.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Lobby General Discussion topic #13074704 Previous topic | Next topic