Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13073440

Subject: "$407k, 60 guns, 4k pieces of drug evidence missing from PD evidence lock..." Previous topic | Next topic
Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Sun Sep-25-16 09:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"$407k, 60 guns, 4k pieces of drug evidence missing from PD evidence lock..."

Braintree = suburb ~15 min outside Boston

Conducted by outside audit, which is apparently the only way u can get admissions of guilt or accountability. The system will not police itself

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/09/14/audit-details-evidence-missing-from-braintree-police-department/oj1mvfCDTh1OSCx3K0XkEN/story.html

http://www.patriotledger.com/news/20160914/braintree-police-audit-shows-407998-and-60-guns-missing-from-evidence-room

Some of the money and guns were recovered

Two Missing Guns were found in home of the evidence officer. She shot herself while the audit was going on

http://patch.com/massachusetts/braintree/missing-braintree-police-evidence-found-officers-home-police

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
What's the career path for evidence officer?
Sep 25th 2016
pissing off a lieutenant
Sep 26th 2016
      Came to make this reference
Sep 26th 2016
I miss Mike Wallace, Morley, and the rest
Sep 25th 2016
spend enough time around criminals and you'll likely become one
Sep 25th 2016
nice.
Sep 26th 2016
This is the KEY reason people don't like cops:
Sep 26th 2016
it's very much like an organized crime operation.
Sep 26th 2016
it's not LIKE an organized crime operation.
Sep 26th 2016
      except almost all of their criminal activity is justified.
Sep 26th 2016
Cops don't care about the law. They're bankers w/ guns
Sep 26th 2016
right? one of hte weapons was mob (and cop) related? she
Sep 26th 2016
      RE: right? one of hte weapons was mob (and cop) related? she
Sep 26th 2016
re: the evidence officer, i was thinking, "pbw, pbw, pbw..." and she was...
Sep 26th 2016

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28844 posts
Sun Sep-25-16 10:07 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "What's the career path for evidence officer?"
In response to Reply # 0

It looks like a license to "lose" evidence somehow someway. The system itself is so corrupt that people should aim for evidence officer instead of police captain.

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 10:59 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "pissing off a lieutenant"
In response to Reply # 1

havent you seen the wire?

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 03:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "Came to make this reference"
In response to Reply # 7

I think the same thing every time I see the marine unit cops here.

rdhull
Charter member
33135 posts
Sun Sep-25-16 10:18 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I miss Mike Wallace, Morley, and the rest"
In response to Reply # 0

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Sun Sep-25-16 09:04 PM

3. "spend enough time around criminals and you'll likely become one"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Sep-25-16 09:05 PM by Atillah Moor

I'm sure some of it ends up in each officers "planted evidence bag" the rest probably gets sold back into black neighborhoods and prisons.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 08:34 AM

4. "nice."
In response to Reply # 0

Poor evidence handling and storage introduces reasonable doubt about the evidence in cases involving that police department. They will all have to be dismissed to avoid wasting time on trials and appeals.

Wow.

And the evidence room cop was stuck. This all falls on her. Unless she were willing to give up names of cops and others to whom she gave away/sold items. If she ratted them out she would be in more trouble. If she didn't then the government would go harder on her. That's a rock and a hard place. She did what I'd have done. I get it.

fuck you.

auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 09:45 AM

5. "This is the KEY reason people don't like cops:"
In response to Reply # 4

>And the evidence room cop was stuck. This all falls on her.
>Unless she were willing to give up names of cops and others to
>whom she gave away/sold items. If she ratted them out she
>would be in more trouble. If she didn't then the government
>would go harder on her. That's a rock and a hard place. She
>did what I'd have done. I get it.

^^^So you skate on the law, which you are sworn to uphold, to appropriate the 'bros in blue' movement. Then when someone actually holds you accountable to your job, you realize it's going to get you in trouble and instead of doing right by the public (you know, the people you supposedly serve and pay taxes for you to have a job) you take the cowards way out and kill yourself because it's either jail or ostracization by your coworkers for being a 'rat' (but law enforcement is highly dependent on 'rats').

And I get that it's not only risk of being ostracized but risk of retaliation/murder by those involved also. But it's the bed you made, take that nap...at least for the 'right' cause.

This sounds like a criminal organization to me. Not a group of officials designed to serve and protect it's citizens.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 10:44 AM

6. "it's very much like an organized crime operation."
In response to Reply # 5

fuck you.

exactopposite
Member since Aug 21st 2002
15132 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 01:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "it's not LIKE an organized crime operation."
In response to Reply # 6

It IS and organized crime operation

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 01:16 PM

12. "except almost all of their criminal activity is justified."
In response to Reply # 11

fuck you.

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 03:10 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "Cops don't care about the law. They're bankers w/ guns"
In response to Reply # 5

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

Just trying to share the world - www.JySbr.net

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 12:52 PM

9. "right? one of hte weapons was mob (and cop) related? she "
In response to Reply # 4

pulled the trigger and they gon' chalk this up as one 'bad actor'.

ctfo.

they should be looking at ol' russell russ. who puts an unstable, on her last legs ass person in charge of something as important as evidence? and in an environment w/ no oversight?

sure, it *COULD* be circumstantial. more likely, it was some 'take this job or else'. and then it was, 'look the other way and everybody eats', and, btw, 'say anything about anything and you and everybody you love is dead'.

that's just me taking the double integral of occam's razor. because in no way do i believe it makes sense to put a known fuckup in sole charge of the evidence room.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 01:08 PM

10. "RE: right? one of hte weapons was mob (and cop) related? she "
In response to Reply # 9

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/09/24/braintree/OwuodTQClK3ZhtUeCgOzCK/story.html

^ bad look for the department.

there were signs the evidence room cop had a (drug/gambling/SOMETHING) problem. surely the city or maybe the police union has an employee assistance program to which she could've been steered. though i bet the EAP exists more to protect the city/department than to provide actual help. but if she'd been confronted w/the suspicion of her problem and offered the choice between treatment w/o questions being asked or having to face an investigation which would include drug screening and worse then maybe she'd have gotten some help. i dunno. but even w/that if this missing evidence problem were exposed...shit. perhaps her union-lawyer could've made some arrangement where she makes some confession in exchange for probation (w/treatment for whatever problem).

any of that would've been better than the chief looking the other direction and hoping this would just go away on its own. i feel that impulse but it rarely really works out well.

fuck you.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 12:47 PM

8. "re: the evidence officer, i was thinking, "pbw, pbw, pbw..." and she was..."
In response to Reply # 0

hard af to find any pictures of her, tho.

but lemme get this straight, she was having hella personal issues, not showing up, being late and looking impaired, and they put her in charge of the evidence room?

and, that shit was for dolo? only one person in there w/ no checks and balances? that's really not a good idea. from a corporate perspective, that would have been a failure on management.

SoD (separation of duties).

like, you don't put the person who can order and ship stuff and have them also be able to create the invoices and all that. or ppl (human nature) will create invoices for machines, ship them to themselves or associates, and then back out the transactions. common damn sense.

the idea of someone in control of an evidence room w/ no oversight is crazy af.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

Lobby General Discussion topic #13073440 Previous topic | Next topic