Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13072604

Subject: ""There was 'no racism' before Obama"" Previous topic | Next topic
GrumpySmurf
Charter member
3375 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 10:59 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""There was 'no racism' before Obama""

A Trump campaign chair in Ohio says there was 'no racism' before Obama.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/22/trump-ohio-campaign-chair-no-racism-before-obama?CMP=share_btn_fb

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
The reporter's face just listening to all that crap
Sep 22nd 2016
Shit was like a Daily Show segment
Sep 22nd 2016
6:25 on that second video though...
Sep 22nd 2016
She was like wait up, I'm not done making myself look stupid yet
Sep 22nd 2016
Better to have them out in the open
Sep 22nd 2016
Even IF this was true, it's because they felt Blacks were "in our place"
Sep 22nd 2016
yup
Sep 22nd 2016
there was definitely no racism in REAL ESTATE b4 Obama.
Sep 22nd 2016
She already resigned over this lol
Sep 22nd 2016
Examples like this are why I think *asking* for anything is futile
Sep 22nd 2016
Conservatives always say things like Obama is the most divisive presiden...
Sep 22nd 2016
right now, because of technology, today is really the first era
Sep 22nd 2016
it's those people who think MLK said only one thing ever
Sep 22nd 2016
Amazing how well these traits match "racism deniers:"
Sep 22nd 2016
bokmarked, holy shit i'm dealing with someone that exhibits
Sep 22nd 2016
...............and now she resigned.
Sep 22nd 2016

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 11:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "The reporter's face just listening to all that crap"
In response to Reply # 0

Priceless.

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44838 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 11:07 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Shit was like a Daily Show segment"
In response to Reply # 0

GrumpySmurf
Charter member
3375 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 11:08 AM

3. "6:25 on that second video though... "
In response to Reply # 0

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 01:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "She was like wait up, I'm not done making myself look stupid yet"
In response to Reply # 3

They should have included that in the main video.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 11:11 AM

4. "Better to have them out in the open"
In response to Reply # 0

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 11:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Even IF this was true, it's because they felt Blacks were "in our place""
In response to Reply # 0

So once they realized we could get power too, it was back to "nah, fuck these niggers for trying to get ahead."

And that's IF it was actually even halfway partially barely true.

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79574 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 11:52 AM

6. "yup"
In response to Reply # 5

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 11:59 AM

7. "there was definitely no racism in REAL ESTATE b4 Obama."
In response to Reply # 0

yes.

she is right.

fuck you.

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 01:12 PM

8. "She already resigned over this lol"
In response to Reply # 0

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13571 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 03:48 PM

10. "Examples like this are why I think *asking* for anything is futile"
In response to Reply # 0

Some folks have serious denial about reality in this country. The same people that are dismissive of the black experience in this country get FURIOUS whenever they are challenged on that.

Seems like white guys (at least the ones they interview or post internet comments) get MORE angry at being called a racist than a black guy that actually has to live with racist treatment.

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 04:16 PM

11. "Conservatives always say things like Obama is the most divisive presiden..."
In response to Reply # 0

Or that race relations are getting worse because of him.

I don't get it. Yeah, he spoke out on a handful of incidents, but people definitely weren't waiting for his cue to start getting angry.

It's the explosion and access of social media that is driving the wedge in race relations, no Obama. Things which were done in the dark are now coming to light and everyone can see them and talk about them.

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 04:22 PM

12. "right now, because of technology, today is really the first era "
In response to Reply # 11

where history isn't being written by the victor/oppressor.

That's some powerful, profound shit if you think about it.

You can see the pure denial and disconnect from reality in the people who's mental model of how the world works is being crushed by actual recorded evidence.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 04:40 PM

13. "it's those people who think MLK said only one thing ever"
In response to Reply # 11

seems to be often the case for a certain type of conservative, or even white person, many who truly believe they don't look at people in terms of color. Many even will acknowledge racism is real on some level, but mostly since race doesn't play a part in their own daily lives, they think people who are always bringing up race/racism would be better off if they just stop whining about it so much, and using it as an excuse for everything.

And any time Obama has the nerve to bring up anything remotely racial, it feeds that narrative that he's the type of person who never shuts up about it. He's the one always trying to divide us into groups. AKA they never listen to what he actually has to say.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13571 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 05:29 PM

14. "Amazing how well these traits match "racism deniers:""
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolution-the-self/201311/6-signs-narcissism-you-may-not-know-about

Folks that think that it's all an overblown social construct that people need to get over. Of course that link is about individuals, and not collective groups / groupthink, but it fits.

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 05:47 PM

15. "bokmarked, holy shit i'm dealing with someone that exhibits "
In response to Reply # 14

these 6 traits to the fucking letter. I never classified them as a narcissist, just a co-dependent type of personality, wow this is some illuminating shit.

I knew about the standard 9, but these 6 make sense when dealing with a person that doesn't have the arrogance of the typical narcissist so they fly under the radar, but their behavior is rooted in the same feelings. Good post!

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44838 posts
Thu Sep-22-16 06:41 PM

16. "...............and now she resigned. "
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ohio-chair-no-racism-until-obama-193029485.html

A volunteer coordinator for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign in Ohio resigned on Thursday afternoon after the Guardian published a video interview in which she said there was “no racism” until President Obama came into office and that black people who’ve struggled to succeed since the 1960s have no one to blame but themselves.

“If you’re black and you haven’t been successful in the last 50 years, it’s your own fault,” Kathy Miller, chair of the Republican nominee’s campaign in Mahoning County, Ohio, said in the interview. “You’ve had every opportunity, it was given to you.”

“You’ve had the same schools everybody else went to,” Miller continued. “You had benefits to go to college that white kids didn’t have. You had all the advantages and didn’t take advantage of it. It’s not our fault, certainly.”

She added: “I don’t think there was any racism until Obama got elected. We never had problems like this. … Now, with the people with the guns, and shooting up neighborhoods and not being responsible citizens, that’s a big change, and I think that’s the philosophy that Obama has perpetuated on America.”

Miller subsequently apologized for her remarks.

“My personal comments were inappropriate, and I apologize. I am not a spokesperson for the campaign and was not speaking on its behalf,” she said in a statement. “I have resigned as the volunteer campaign chair in Mahoning County and as an elector to the electoral college to avoid any unnecessary distractions.”

Her resignation comes as Trump continues his attempted outreach to African-American voters in crucial swing states like Ohio.

At a Fox News town hall focused on black issues in Cleveland on Wednesday night, Trump proposed that police departments launch or reinstate controversial “stop and frisk” policies in high-crime cities like Chicago.

Trump gave a grim assessment of black neighborhoods at a rally in North Carolina the night before.

“Our African-American communities are absolutely in the worst shape that they’ve ever been in before, ever, ever, ever,” he said.

Trump began his pitch to Ohio’s black voters last month.

“What the hell do you have to lose?” Trump said at a rally before a predominantly white crowd in Akron on Aug. 22. “Give me a chance. I’ll straighten it out.”

Hillary Clinton and her fellow Democrats have been critical of Trump’s remarks.

“You may have heard Hillary’s opponent in this election say that there’s never been a worse time to be a black person,” Obama said at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation dinner in Washington on Saturday night. “I mean, he missed that whole civics lesson about slavery and Jim Crow.”

“He says we got nothing left to lose,” Obama continued, “so we might as well support somebody who has fought against civil rights and fought against equality, and who has shown no regard for working people for most of his life. Well, we do have challenges, but we’re not stupid.”

Lobby General Discussion topic #13072604 Previous topic | Next topic