Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13061757

Subject: "‘I lost. The ni**er won’GOP mayor gets racist after losing to black ..." Previous topic | Next topic
rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Thu Aug-25-16 09:17 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"‘I lost. The ni**er won’GOP mayor gets racist after losing to black ..."
Thu Aug-25-16 09:21 PM by rdhull

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/i-lost-the-nier-won-republican-alabama-mayor-loses-election-and-gets-racist-on-facebook/comments/#disqus

‘I lost. The ni**er won’: Alabama GOP mayor gets racist on Facebook after losing to black candidate
David Ferguson DAVID FERGUSON
25 AUG 2016 AT 16:10 ET

The Republican mayor of Midland City, Alabama got nasty on Facebook after losing her seat to a black candidate in this week’s mayoral election.

“I lost. The ni**er won,” griped Mayor Patsy Capshaw Skipper when someone asked her how the election turned out.

WTVY said that Skipper was defeated by Jo Ann Bennett Grimsley, former assistant city clerk and an employee of the Dale County government for 27 years. She has previously served as the city’s water clerk and county court clerk.

Mayor Skipper was named interim mayor last February when her husband — former Mayor Virgil Skipper — retired for health reasons. County officials voted 3 to 1 for Patsy Skipper to take over her husband’s position.

Voters, however, preferred to see Grimsley at the city helm, casting 233 votes for Grimsley as opposed to Skipper’s 148.

Skipper appears to have made her Facebook timeline private, but posts from 2015 are visible. She posted various pro-Christian and pro-Republican memes, including an image of the White House that reads “I want a White House that honors God. Share if you agree!” and another with a quote by Republican former Pres. Ronald Reagan that reads, “We are never defeated unless we give up on God. Share if you agree!”

A screen capture of the racist post is embedded below:

Patsy Skipper racist post

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
alabama
Aug 25th 2016
that URL tho
Aug 25th 2016
the sheriff is near.
Aug 26th 2016
*rings bell*
Aug 26th 2016

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4548 posts
Thu Aug-25-16 09:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "alabama"
In response to Reply # 0

say no more

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Thu Aug-25-16 10:22 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "that URL tho"
In response to Reply # 0

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Fri Aug-26-16 05:52 AM

3. "the sheriff is near."
In response to Reply # 0

wluv
Member since Jan 27th 2003
4362 posts
Fri Aug-26-16 09:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "*rings bell*"
In response to Reply # 3

Lobby General Discussion topic #13061757 Previous topic | Next topic