Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13055902

Subject: "Oh boy, the Clintons are killing again" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79600 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 07:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Oh boy, the Clintons are killing again"

Here we go again..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/wikileaks-offers-reward-in-killing-of-dnc-staffer-in-washington/2016/08/09/f84fcbf4-5e5b-11e6-8e45-477372e89d78_story.html#comments

The speculation started within days of Seth Rich being gunned down in what D.C. police believe was an attempted robbery near his townhouse in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of Northwest Washington.

Some on the Internet wondered if Rich was killed because of his work as a staffer with the Democratic National Committee, even suggesting he had handed WikiLeaks the 20,000 emails that embarrassed the DNC and forced the ouster of its chairwoman. Others suggested he was helping the FBI expose wrongdoing in the presidential election, and that made him a target.

On Tuesday, WikiLeaks shoved those conspiracy theories into the mainstream when it announced on Twitter a $20,000 reward for information leading to a conviction in Rich’s killing on July 10 in the 2100 block of Flagler Place NW. It adds to a $25,000 reward offered by D.C. police, customary in all District homicides.
Rich’s father, Joel I. Rich, said he was offended by what he termed “bizarre” reports that are circulating on Internet discussion and message boards. Rich and his wife, Mary Ann, who live in Nebraska where their son grew up, visited the location of the shooting last week and appealed for help in finding the killer.

Seth Rich was shot and killed July 10, 2016 in Washington, DC. (Family Photo) (N/A/Family Photo)
On Tuesday, Joel Rich said that the WikiLeaks reward seemed to legitimize the rumor mill. “I don’t think I want to comment,” he said at first, then added, “I hope the additional money helps find out who did this.” But, he said, “I don’t want to play WikiLeaks’ game.”

Assistant D.C. Police Chief Peter Newsham said that “at this time we don’t have any information to suggest” a connection between Rich’s killing and the WikiLeaks data or other theories raised online.

Newsham also said, “We are very pleased if anyone is going to assist us with the giving of reward money.”

Rich was shot twice in the back as he walked to his townhouse about 4:20 a.m. Nothing was taken, but police have said attempted robbery is their leading theory for a motive, noting a spike in robberies in the neighborhood in the preceding weeks. WikiLeaks released the trove of emails later that month, on July 22.

Rich, 27, had worked for the DNC for two years and helped develop a computer program to make it easier for people to find polling places on Election Day. After his death, the DNC’s then-chairwoman, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (Fla.), attended a vigil for Rich in front of his home, and Hillary Clinton, before she was nominated in her run for president, evoked his name during a speech in which she advocated for limiting the availability of guns.

A spokesman for the DNC did not comment on WikiLeaks or the speculation about Rich. Wasserman Schultz, who was ousted as DNC chair after the embarrassing emails became public on July 22, did not respond to questions given to her spokesman. An official with Clinton’s campaign and some cybersecurity experts have said Russia may be behind the email hack.

The shooting death of 27-year-old Seth Rich rattles NW D.C. neighborhood Embed Share Play Video2:11
Seth Rich came to D.C. to pursue a career in politics and most recently worked at the Democratic National Committee. Rich was shot dead in his Northwest Washington neighborhood on July 10. Here is what's known about the murder. (Claritza Jimenez/The Washington Post)

The editor of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, said in a statement issued through an intermediary that he would not confirm or deny whether Rich or any person was a source for the organization, which over the years has obtained and released massive amounts of internal emails and other documents from the military, the State Department and other agencies. The statement says that policy “also covers alleged sources who were deceased.”

“We treat threats towards any suspected WikiLeaks sources with extreme gravity,” the statement says. “This should not be taken to imply that Seth Rich was a source to WikiLeaks or that his murder is connected to our publications. We hope our efforts will contribute to the family’s calls for information and to the separate reward issued by police. We have a history of obtaining information that has significantly contributed to many legal proceedings, including successful prosecutions.”

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
20k seems laughably low given who is supposedly suspected
Aug 11th 2016
You want me to rat out the Clintons?
Aug 11th 2016
      my life is worth more than money
Aug 11th 2016
Kill him off, then cite his death to promote gun control. Grimy
Aug 11th 2016
LOL
Aug 11th 2016
wasn't wikileaks loved by liberals a few years back?
Aug 11th 2016
      when the org was actually doing good work
Aug 11th 2016
      is it a witch hunt because it's Hillary?
Aug 11th 2016
           its not nec. that his Hil
Aug 11th 2016
                i thought wikileaks always had a vendetta against these types tho
Aug 11th 2016
                     maybe im wrong
Aug 11th 2016
                          yes, just release the leak and dont hype shit up like Frank Ocean
Aug 11th 2016
                               speaking of which
Aug 11th 2016
      Did they dox a bunch of women years ago
Aug 11th 2016
      i don't know.. did they?
Aug 11th 2016
           No they didn't, but they've been real reckless lately.
Aug 11th 2016
      Only when it was outing Conservatives. But now that it's outing
Aug 12th 2016
shot in the back 2 times and didn't take anything from him
Aug 11th 2016
lol dawg, u LATE. Peep my other thread for da rest. like shawn lucas
Aug 11th 2016
      no doubt... but i thougt this deserved its own post
Aug 11th 2016
lol
Aug 11th 2016
The Alt-Right's....
Aug 11th 2016
It's like OkayActivist returned to life and it's eating GD.
Aug 11th 2016
http://media.giphy.com/media/8vW915bv0DqXC/giphy.gif
Aug 11th 2016
These are the same folks who SWORE Hillary was getting indicted...
Aug 11th 2016
RE: These are the same folks who SWORE Hillary was getting indicted...
Aug 11th 2016
Clintons catching bodies has been a running joke for years
Aug 11th 2016
      RE: Clintons catching bodies has been a running joke for years
Aug 11th 2016
           laughed out of the room by Clinton supporters
Aug 11th 2016
                Man, no one with an ounce of sense believes that garbage. n/m
Aug 11th 2016
                RE: laughed out of the room by Clinton supporters
Aug 11th 2016
Comey made it as bad for her as he could without actually indicting,
Aug 11th 2016
      LOL. Comey said she was sloppy. Never suggested she did anything,
Aug 11th 2016
           She took a real hit after that. It's easy to forget now because Trump
Aug 11th 2016
           RE: She took a real hit after that. It's easy to forget now because Tru...
Aug 11th 2016
           that's what he just said...lol
Aug 11th 2016
Can't help but think they'd have taken something regardless
Aug 11th 2016
so just to be clear
Aug 11th 2016

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44843 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 08:15 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "20k seems laughably low given who is supposedly suspected"
In response to Reply # 0

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14586 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 08:33 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "You want me to rat out the Clintons?"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm going to need 7 figures, a security detail, and a private island.

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 08:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "my life is worth more than money"
In response to Reply # 5

I ain't saying a damn thing

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 08:31 AM

2. "Kill him off, then cite his death to promote gun control. Grimy"
In response to Reply # 0

fontgangsta
Member since Sep 04th 2005
5467 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 08:32 AM

3. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 0

1 - this article could have ended for me with the words "Some on the Internet wondered ...."

2 - as far as the wikileaks bounty, at this point its pretty clear that rapist is just using his org as a tool for revenge

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 08:35 AM

6. "wasn't wikileaks loved by liberals a few years back?"
In response to Reply # 3

it was all good just a week ago.

fontgangsta
5467 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 08:38 AM

8. "when the org was actually doing good work"
In response to Reply # 6

and not witch hunts?
ya, for sure.

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:02 AM

10. "is it a witch hunt because it's Hillary? "
In response to Reply # 8

if this was Trump from jump would he still be the peoples champ?

just wondering if his work is being discredited because he is going after a Dem.

real talk, I don't know the whole wikileaks story but I thought it was all about exposing EVERYONE in big government and not just W and the GOP.

fontgangsta
5467 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:06 AM

13. "its not nec. that his Hil"
In response to Reply # 10

its that he's out there rubbing his hands together and announcing "ooohhhh boy, wait til you see what else we've got on Hil. We got moooaaar."
Like, if you're an org thats all about getting info out there in the world, cool, then put it out. Instead he's acting like a menace with a vendetta.

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:23 AM

17. "i thought wikileaks always had a vendetta against these types tho"
In response to Reply # 13

is this conduct new?

fontgangsta
5467 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:31 AM

21. "maybe im wrong"
In response to Reply # 17

but that fact that hes out here basically issuing threats like a child is new
Wikileaks is not supposed to be Anonymous, get what im saying?

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:35 AM

22. "yes, just release the leak and dont hype shit up like Frank Ocean"
In response to Reply # 21

i feel you on that...

fontgangsta
5467 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:37 AM

23. "speaking of which"
In response to Reply # 22

WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT ALBUM?
sorry, you dont have to respond to that
not trying to post-jack
you just stirred up some shit in my soul with that analogy

Innocent Criminal
14586 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 08:41 AM

9. "Did they dox a bunch of women years ago"
In response to Reply # 6

in one of the most oppressive countries for women?

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:03 AM

11. "i don't know.. did they? "
In response to Reply # 9

Innocent Criminal
14586 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:05 AM

12. "No they didn't, but they've been real reckless lately."
In response to Reply # 11

Normally they'd redact information pertaining to innocent people, especially in vulnerable conditions but now...fuck em.

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Fri Aug-12-16 06:31 AM

38. "Only when it was outing Conservatives. But now that it's outing"
In response to Reply # 6

other Liberals/Progressives, not so much.

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 08:33 AM

4. "shot in the back 2 times and didn't take anything from him"
In response to Reply # 0

but they call it a robbery attempt.

_explain555
Member since Oct 15th 2009
1412 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:13 AM

14. "lol dawg, u LATE. Peep my other thread for da rest. like shawn lucas"
In response to Reply # 4

fuckin john ashe wit da ng lap seng shit

shits wild

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:25 AM

19. "no doubt... but i thougt this deserved its own post"
In response to Reply # 14

dude is linking Richs death to the DNC leaks.

i love a good conspiracy

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:20 AM

15. "lol"
In response to Reply # 0

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:21 AM

16. "The Alt-Right's...."
In response to Reply # 0

...Wet Dream.....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

stravinskian
Member since Feb 24th 2003
12698 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:24 AM

18. "It's like OkayActivist returned to life and it's eating GD."
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:27 AM

20. "http://media.giphy.com/media/8vW915bv0DqXC/giphy.gif"
In response to Reply # 18

http://media.giphy.com/media/8vW915bv0DqXC/giphy.gif

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22290 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 09:41 AM

24. "These are the same folks who SWORE Hillary was getting indicted..."
In response to Reply # 0

Didn't someone on here have an FBI contact who told them the indictment was coming down within days?

This Clinton Hit Squad thing is just stupid.

murph71
23113 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 11:20 AM

25. "RE: These are the same folks who SWORE Hillary was getting indicted..."
In response to Reply # 24

>
> Didn't someone on here have an FBI contact who told them the
>indictment was coming down within days?
>
> This Clinton Hit Squad thing is just stupid.

It's actually entertaining in a weird, disturbing kind of way. Since Trump has come into the political cycle the usual NOTHING-TO-SEE-HERE conspiracy theories have gone mainstream. His run has given the Alternative Right a true mascot....The weird synergy between them, Assange, the usual suspects (FOX/Hannity, Limbaugh, Coulter) and the straight up message board crackpots has been intriguing to watch....

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 11:28 AM

26. "Clintons catching bodies has been a running joke for years"
In response to Reply # 25

and it's not some Alt right shit..

conspiracy negro's been on this shit from the jump.

murph71
23113 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 11:39 AM

28. "RE: Clintons catching bodies has been a running joke for years"
In response to Reply # 26
Thu Aug-11-16 11:43 AM by murph71

This^^^^is correct....But....

>and it's not some Alt right shit..

Nah.......Such talk has always been relegated to the Limbaugh's of the world and hardcore conservatives that view the Moderate GOPers as RINOS.....It was a punchline.....In the mainstream world the whole Clinton Catching Bodies thing would have gotten u laughed out of the room.

But that has all changed especially since the arrival of Trump on the political scene....Where as the Alt Right (Info Wars, Breitbart, Alex Jones, etc...) were looked at with WTF amusement, Trump's run for the Presidency has changed that dynamic...It's gotten to the point that a candidate representing one of the two most powerful, serious political parties (Trump) is now brazenly floating conspiracy theories during interviews and rallies. And he's getting most of his conspiratorial talking points from the Alternative Right media machine....That's some other shit...

>conspiracy negro's been on this shit from the jump.

Do YOU homie...lol

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 12:48 PM

32. "laughed out of the room by Clinton supporters"
In response to Reply # 28

but everyone else is like...

yuuuuup

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22290 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 03:46 PM

34. "Man, no one with an ounce of sense believes that garbage. n/m"
In response to Reply # 32

murph71
23113 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 03:51 PM

35. "RE: laughed out of the room by Clinton supporters"
In response to Reply # 32

>but everyone else is like...
>
>yuuuuup

Nah dog...Not even...

Just say that YOU believe it....lol

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 11:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
27. "Comey made it as bad for her as he could without actually indicting,"
In response to Reply # 24

though. So it's not like she walked away from that without taking official lumps.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49417 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 11:41 AM

29. "LOL. Comey said she was sloppy. Never suggested she did anything,"
In response to Reply # 27

criminal.

>though. So it's not like she walked away from that without
>taking official lumps.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 11:57 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
30. "She took a real hit after that. It's easy to forget now because Trump "
In response to Reply # 29

has done his best to erase any and all gifts that have been handed to him, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

murph71
23113 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 12:25 PM

31. "RE: She took a real hit after that. It's easy to forget now because Tru..."
In response to Reply # 30

Only reason she's taking hits is because she refuses to JUST say IT WAS A MISTAKE....Clinton is making it easy for her critics...

legsdiamond
79600 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 12:50 PM

33. "that's what he just said...lol"
In response to Reply # 29

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 04:56 PM

36. "Can't help but think they'd have taken something regardless"
In response to Reply # 0

Especially at 4am.

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Thu Aug-11-16 06:34 PM

37. "so just to be clear"
In response to Reply # 0

there are many people on the right who believe both:

1) it's so fucking dangerous out there that everyone needs guns all the time, because some random brown person might just get you.

2) the *only* explanation for like a dozen deaths is the clintons ordered hits.

it must be hard on the brain to keep those in your head simultaneously all the time.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13055902 Previous topic | Next topic