Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13054334

Subject: "ACA and the family glitch... " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79607 posts
Mon Aug-08-16 07:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"ACA and the family glitch... "

This is some bullshit. If your family plan cost $400 every 2 weeks the ACA doesn't use that number when crunching the total cost of HC vs income. Nah.. that would make too much sense, they use my individual cost of $75. This is known as the family glitch and it's fucked up.

I have to see if we can split our insurance cause this is some bullshit.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-yes-obamacare-is-in-desperate-need-of-fixing-here-s-a-guide-20160104-column.html

-Fix the "family glitch." Jost and Pollack properly call this "the most glaring defect" in the ACA's subsidy structure. Under the ACA, a worker is ineligible for ACA subsidies if he or she is offered affordable health coverage by an employer. Whether because of a drafting error or inattentive rulemaking by the IRS, that ineligibility extends to all members of the worker's family even if affordable family coverage isn't obtainable from the employer.

The Rand Corp. has estimated that the change would add as many as 4.7 million Americans to the rolls of the subsidized insured at a cost of up to $8.9 billion, or about two-tenths of one percent of the federal budget.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
yeah, but do you really want to throw the country
Aug 08th 2016
fuck that... this shit needs to be fixed
Aug 08th 2016
      ^^^^Republican
Aug 08th 2016
           i said fixed not scrapped... lol
Aug 08th 2016

Mr. ManC
Member since Jan 26th 2009
11819 posts
Mon Aug-08-16 07:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "yeah, but do you really want to throw the country"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Aug-08-16 07:51 AM by Mr. ManC

back into a debate about health care? ACA/Obamacare is what we've got and we have 80% of Americans covered under it.

Sure some people are overpaying for under insurance, and there is the family glitch, and the fact that for some people it's cheaper to pay the mandated fine than to get insurance, but - don't be saying nothing back about Obama.

Musica Negra
#13irteen

legsdiamond
79607 posts
Mon Aug-08-16 07:49 AM

2. "fuck that... this shit needs to be fixed"
In response to Reply # 1

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

deejboram
Member since Sep 27th 2002
25755 posts
Mon Aug-08-16 08:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "^^^^Republican"
In response to Reply # 2

>

Ol closeted Uncle Ruckus.

pink toes: http://i.imgur.com/WN7DPL1

legsdiamond
79607 posts
Mon Aug-08-16 08:41 AM

4. "i said fixed not scrapped... lol"
In response to Reply # 3

Lobby General Discussion topic #13054334 Previous topic | Next topic