Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13044661

Subject: "Have we discussed the off duty NYPD officer that killed a man?" Previous topic | Next topic
Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Fri Jul-15-16 02:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Have we discussed the off duty NYPD officer that killed a man?"

Road rage incident where the officer was approached by the driver of the other vehicle. Said the man started punching him and he shot him in self defense.....

Then a surveillance video came out.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/13/off-duty-cop-called-911-for-himself-after-road-rage-shooting/

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
NY, huh?...
Jul 15th 2016
I think the victim's past record was mentioned.
Jul 15th 2016
another witness said the victim threw 6 haymakers before getting shot
Jul 15th 2016
Eh. That article says dude followed him for a few blocks
Jul 16th 2016
That's stupid
Jul 16th 2016
      Lol, right.
Jul 16th 2016
      So a cop doesn't have the tools to deescalate that situation?
Jul 16th 2016
      basically
Jul 16th 2016
      Here for a soundbite as always....and no real points, as always
Jul 16th 2016
      Where did I say it wasn't murder? Please, show me. Go on, show me. I'll ...
Jul 16th 2016
           ya in texas thats probably a more clear cut case
Jul 16th 2016
           Thanks for proving my point, Zimmerman
Jul 16th 2016
                I love how you completely avoided everything i *actually* said.
Jul 16th 2016
garbage in garbage out
Jul 16th 2016
I mean... Nobody involved is sympathetic at all
Jul 16th 2016
oh the officer is b/Black, that is why it is
Jul 16th 2016

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Fri Jul-15-16 02:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "NY, huh?..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://i.imgur.com/TwpWY0j.gif

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Fri Jul-15-16 02:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I think the victim's past record was mentioned. "
In response to Reply # 0

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79605 posts
Fri Jul-15-16 09:28 PM

3. "another witness said the victim threw 6 haymakers before getting shot"
In response to Reply # 0

i wonder how much NYPD paid him to say that shit.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44843 posts
Sat Jul-16-16 01:53 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Eh. That article says dude followed him for a few blocks"
In response to Reply # 0

On the surface, if you follow someone and then walk up to their car, I'm not shedding any tears on your behalf if you get popped. Obviously the finality of death isn't exactly a preferred outcome but when you follow someone and approach their vehicle, there's always a chance that you picked the wrong one to flex on.

If that's the gist of what went down I could care less. Absent further information I don't give half a fuck about the fate of either man. I can't imagine he was just trying to have a civil discussion about being a better driver and had he come up on an unarmed man who knows what he would have done or what his intentions were here.

The cop is still dirty for lying and that makes me wonder if there isn't something more going on, like they knew each other and had a personal issue or something.

Further, if he was being followed why not call it in? If he has a gun, or better yet, a badge, just flashing that should have been enough to send dude on his way.

Basically if anyone has the tools and responsibility to deescalate a situation like this, it would be a cop.

AZ
Charter member
12930 posts
Sat Jul-16-16 12:08 PM

6. "That's stupid"
In response to Reply # 4

For anyone else, it's at least manslaughter. And you seriously have a fucked up view of the world.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Sat Jul-16-16 12:44 PM

7. "Lol, right."
In response to Reply # 6

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Cold Truth
44843 posts
Sat Jul-16-16 07:09 PM

11. "So a cop doesn't have the tools to deescalate that situation?"
In response to Reply # 7

A cop doesn't have a on ethical responsibility to deescalate that situation?

Also, do you think someone is being reasonable when they follow a car and then get out to confront the other driver? Do you genuinely believe someone who does that had good intentions?

Do you also think people who do that aren't putting themselves at risk of an encounter with someone less well intentioned?

I see you're good for a cosign but not any actual discussion

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79605 posts
Sat Jul-16-16 05:12 PM

8. "basically"
In response to Reply # 6

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Cold Truth
44843 posts
Sat Jul-16-16 07:11 PM

12. "Here for a soundbite as always....and no real points, as always"
In response to Reply # 8

No actual critique of anything I actually said.... As usual.

Cold Truth
44843 posts
Sat Jul-16-16 07:03 PM

10. "Where did I say it wasn't murder? Please, show me. Go on, show me. I'll ..."
In response to Reply # 6
Sat Jul-16-16 07:13 PM by Cold Truth

>For anyone else, it's at least manslaughter.

I don't see where I argued whether or not his actions constituted murder so I don't know what you're babbling about.

I also said I don't give a fuck what happens to the cop because if anyone had the tools and responsibility to successfully deescalate a situation, it's a cop.

If you think that's stupid you're a fucking moron and the one with a fucked up view of the world, not to mention incredibly naive.

To to grossly oversimplify my statement.

>And you
>seriously have a fucked up view of the world.

.....because I don't feel bad for a guy who followed a car for a few blocks, got out, approached the car, and got got?

Why should I feel bad for a guy who did that and got an obvious response any rational human being would have guessed was a possibility....a possibility that would have deterred most of us enough to go about our day and/just vent about it later?

First, anyone who thinks that guy didn't absolutely have bad intentions is the one with a fucked up view of the world.....not the guy who has actually lived through some shit and plainly understands that the potential consequences of that sequence of events can be severe.

You're just plain naive.

You also don't seem to be able to grasp the massive distinction between personal feelings and an understanding of the legal ramifications.

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Sat Jul-16-16 07:47 PM

14. "ya in texas thats probably a more clear cut case"
In response to Reply # 10

as your car is viewed the same as your home

i have no sympathy for road rage types and whatever consequences happen to them.

AZ
Charter member
12930 posts
Sat Jul-16-16 08:35 PM

15. "Thanks for proving my point, Zimmerman"
In response to Reply # 10

Stand your ground motherfucker

And seek some help

Cold Truth
44843 posts
Sat Jul-16-16 10:25 PM

16. "I love how you completely avoided everything i *actually* said. "
In response to Reply # 15

You never had a "point".

You made a broad generalisation that absolutely didn't nice with anything I said.

You still can't point me to any statement that so much as implies that buckshot Zimmerman comment.

What's fucking hilarious is that you're telling me to "get help" while you defend a psycho who followed someone for several blocks and got out to confront someone over getting cut off on the road because THAT isn't the sign of a dangerous and probably violent individual.

Nope, you're far too busy with this fake ass outrage that based on statements that don't fit your reaction and it speaks volumes that you still won't point out my actual words that generated your hysteria.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Sat Jul-16-16 10:46 AM

5. "garbage in garbage out"
In response to Reply # 0

Cold Truth
44843 posts
Sat Jul-16-16 07:11 PM

13. "I mean... Nobody involved is sympathetic at all"
In response to Reply # 5

sosumi
Member since May 30th 2012
858 posts
Sat Jul-16-16 05:49 PM

9. "oh the officer is b/Black, that is why it is"
In response to Reply # 0

a story in the nypost...

like they really care about "both sides"

Lobby General Discussion topic #13044661 Previous topic | Next topic