Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13041700

Subject: "Malcolm and Marcus were right." Previous topic | Next topic
Somnus
Member since Jun 25th 2012
3555 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 09:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Malcolm and Marcus were right."
Thu Jul-07-16 10:00 AM by Somnus

Complete and utter separation is the answer.

but where the fuck do we go (if anywhere) and how would that thing get organized/ come about/ look?

The ULTIMATE negation of everything.

The space between despair and orgasm is hard to fill ~ Maron

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
It's interesting because I often think the older generation wouldn't be ...
Jul 07th 2016
i think that's always been true to some extent
Jul 07th 2016
I agree. We need to build our own communities
Jul 07th 2016
Before we do anything we'd need the best anti-drone/anti-bomb defenses
Jul 07th 2016
Obama's statement-
Jul 07th 2016
tl;dr-
Jul 07th 2016
      ^^^^^^^
Jul 07th 2016
      Don't worry, he'll be doing negro spirituals at the funerals.
Jul 07th 2016
           Potus to release "Now That's What I Call Gospel & Justice 2016" CD
Jul 08th 2016
           basically, clock is ticking on term #2 and we get more lip service.
Jul 09th 2016
You have to add Martin to that sentiment too
Jul 07th 2016
Baton Rouge shooting filmed by group that follows police scanners
Jul 07th 2016
this is just the fallout/what we gonna do now post. gofundme link-
Jul 07th 2016
I can't lie, this kinda bothers me.
Jul 07th 2016
      tossing money is easy & fast. & singular issues are easier resolved
Jul 08th 2016
      RE: I can't lie, this kinda bothers me.
Jul 09th 2016
it's easy to do
Jul 07th 2016
^^^^^
Jul 07th 2016
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jul 08th 2016
I'm about to hit this webuyblack.com up hard....this True detergent...
Jul 08th 2016
RE: I'm about to hit this webuyblack.com up hard....this True detergent....
Jul 08th 2016
My brother suggested pulling our money out of Chase, Citi, ETC
Jul 08th 2016
      Killer Mike has been taking ppl to Black banks in droves to do this
Jul 08th 2016
      RE: My brother suggested pulling our money out of Chase, Citi, ETC
Jul 08th 2016
           Good looking on the additional information
Jul 11th 2016
Immersive virtual reality can solve two problems
Jul 08th 2016
virtual reality? umm... nah
Jul 08th 2016
      It could work especially if it had some kind of economy behind it.
Jul 08th 2016
if physical seperation isnt realistic what about economic seperation??
Jul 08th 2016
Petition for fed agency with police oversight
Jul 08th 2016
Said this like 2 yrs ago on here, and niggas swore I was crazy 4 it
Jul 08th 2016
RE: Said this like 2 yrs ago on here, and niggas swore I was crazy 4 it
Jul 09th 2016
      Inbox
Jul 09th 2016
You sounds like some cracker ass white supremacists
Jul 08th 2016
Hush
Jul 09th 2016
he's not saying anything baldwin didnt in the fire next time
Jul 09th 2016
can't see how oppressed abused group wants to get away from abusers?
Jul 09th 2016
you arent black
Jul 09th 2016
Somebody had to play Philpot's role while he's gone.
Jul 09th 2016
Why don't you work towards a world black Americans don't feel like this
Jul 09th 2016
RE: You sounds like some cracker ass white supremacists
Jul 09th 2016
BULLSHIT
Jul 09th 2016
      RE: LOL
Jul 09th 2016
      America and it's institutions are mostly racist champ
Jul 11th 2016
      like white supremacists, except for, you know, the supremacy part, lol
Jul 11th 2016
RE: man, if you don't get all the fucking way gone with your devilish......
Jul 09th 2016
      He should have stayed in the bleachers
Jul 09th 2016
      THANK YOU. Straight up white privilege.
Jul 09th 2016
      I'll exit now that you've called me the D word (that's the white N word)
Jul 09th 2016
           RE: I'll exit now that you've called me the D word (that's the white N w...
Jul 09th 2016
           I didn't call you anything, but now I'm calling you a lying piece of shi...
Jul 09th 2016
           No, just.....no.
Jul 11th 2016
      Subterfuge? lmao.. havent heard that one in a minute
Jul 09th 2016
GoFundme for the brother in Minnesota-
Jul 11th 2016
Isn't it weird how these gofundme's work. LIke Alton Sterling
Jul 11th 2016
      completely arbitrary. i put in on philando but not alton
Jul 11th 2016

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49401 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 10:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "It's interesting because I often think the older generation wouldn't be ..."
In response to Reply # 0

the movement causes of today.

Like I think Malcolm (old Malcolm that is) would say I told you they were snakes, what did you expect?

It's kind of the vibe I get from older black people.

I think they have a feeling that you can only change them so much.

idk.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 05:52 PM

11. "i think that's always been true to some extent"
In response to Reply # 1

i also think, with regards to the o.p., that the closest anyone's ever been to being *right* was james baldwin

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13572 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 10:05 AM

2. "I agree. We need to build our own communities"
In response to Reply # 0

We're the only hope we have.

kevlar skully
Member since Mar 13th 2007
6049 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 10:30 AM

3. "Before we do anything we'd need the best anti-drone/anti-bomb defenses "
In response to Reply # 0

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 04:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Obama's statement-"
In response to Reply # 0

posted on his facebook page

All Americans should be deeply troubled by the fatal shootings of Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and Philando Castile in Falcon Heights, Minnesota. We’ve seen such tragedies far too many times, and our hearts go out to the families and communities who’ve suffered such a painful loss.

Although I am constrained in commenting on the particular facts of these cases, I am encouraged that the U.S. Department of Justice has opened a civil rights investigation in Baton Rouge, and I have full confidence in their professionalism and their ability to conduct a thoughtful, thorough and fair inquiry.

But regardless of the outcome of such investigations, what’s clear is that these fatal shootings are not isolated incidents. They are symptomatic of the broader challenges within our criminal justice system, the racial disparities that appear across the system year after year, and the resulting lack of trust that exists between law enforcement and too many of the communities they serve.

To admit we’ve got a serious problem in no way contradicts our respect and appreciation for the vast majority of police officers who put their lives on the line to protect us every single day. It is to say that, as a nation, we can and must do better to institute the best practices that reduce the appearance or reality of racial bias in law enforcement.

That’s why, two years ago, I set up a Task Force on 21st Century Policing that convened police officers, community leaders and activists. Together, they came up with detailed recommendations on how to improve community policing. So even as officials continue to look into this week’s tragic shootings, we also need communities to address the underlying fissures that lead to these incidents, and to implement those ideas that can make a difference. That’s how we’ll keep our communities safe. And that’s how we can start restoring confidence that all people in this great nation are equal before the law.

In the meantime, all Americans should recognize the anger, frustration, and grief that so many Americans are feeling — feelings that are being expressed in peaceful protests and vigils. Michelle and I share those feelings. Rather than fall into a predictable pattern of division and political posturing, let’s reflect on what we can do better. Let’s come together as a nation, and keep faith with one another, in order to ensure a future where all of our children know that their lives matter.

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

Riot
14614 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 04:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "tl;dr-"
In response to Reply # 4

i am POTUS and the most i can do for u is check if the PDept (not officer) is liable of civil rights violations. where the DOJ has like 1 out of 20 success rate over the past 5 yrs. but we nabbed FIFA, so theres that.

meanwhile the major prez candidates dj chump and yall's homegirl spent yesterday subtweeting each other

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

Mr. ManC
Member since Jan 26th 2009
11819 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 04:19 PM

6. "^^^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 5

Musica Negra
#13irteen

Sarah_Bellum
Charter member
7489 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 09:00 PM

14. "Don't worry, he'll be doing negro spirituals at the funerals."
In response to Reply # 5

And we will be so moved by his songs that we will forgive his lack of policy around state sponsored violence.

DJTB YOMM

Riot
14614 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 10:46 AM

16. "Potus to release "Now That's What I Call Gospel & Justice 2016" CD"
In response to Reply # 14

with "beer summit" concert tour dates to follow.

proceeds to benefit My Brothers Keeper orgs, but only if the org's operate in at least 49 states and have minimum 4% minority participation

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 10:05 AM

31. "basically, clock is ticking on term #2 and we get more lip service."
In response to Reply # 14
Sat Jul-09-16 10:06 AM by ConcreteCharlie

how many minor enforcement adjustments is he going to issue? how about some executive orders? or better yet, how about you come the fuck out and confront the monstrosity that is our "justice" system?

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 04:24 PM

7. "You have to add Martin to that sentiment too"
In response to Reply # 0

He basically became a Garveite in the last two years of his life.

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

Riot
14614 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 05:08 PM

8. "Baton Rouge shooting filmed by group that follows police scanners"
In response to Reply # 0

this is what the panthers did in oakland
except instead of recording, they would listen to the scanners and just show up with rifles

but props to this dude and his org
it aint THE solution, but its a mitigating strategy for now, since i dont think no one is leaving any time soon

That video, which caused nationwide outrage after it went viral on social media, was actually filmed by a member of an organized group that specifically seeks out violent crimes using police scanners with the intention of filming them, not for the purpose of exposing police but to deter young people from crime.

Early Tuesday morning, members of the group, called Stop the Killing, followed a call they overheard on police scanners to the Triple S Food Mart in Baton Rouge. There, they filmed the shooting that has created a nationwide furor.

The group’s founder, 43-year-old Arthur “Silky Slim” Reed, made the decision to upload the video of Sterling’s shooting on social media Tuesday afternoon.

Reed and his team have filmed killings — or their immediate aftermaths — for years.

During a phone interview with The Washington Post early Thursday, Reed said he and his group of anti-violence activists have filmed upwards of 30 killings in Louisiana since 2001. That was the year he put his violent past behind him and founded Stop the Killing in his home town of Baton Rouge.

The organization seeks to prevent violent crimes, particularly among black youths, by performing outreach to local schools, prisons, churches and group homes.

“We focus on those individuals in the community to help them from going and getting killed or going back to prison,” Reed said.

One of the organization’s methods of deterring young people from crime is by filming violent crimes, often killings, and creating documentaries from the videos to show at demonstrations.

His team finds the killings, mostly around Louisiana, by keeping an ear on police scanners for calls that seem to have the potential to end violently.

“We actually create documentaries on murders, and one of the things that we do is we listen to police scanners to go out and film murders,” Reed said.

Although it isn’t the group’s goal, they sometimes film police doing things like “checking cars illegally,” he said.

Early Tuesday morning, members of his team — he wouldn’t say who, nor confirm he was present, citing safety concerns — filmed the fatal shooting of Alton Sterling outside the Triple S Food Mart. After police did not immediately release any footage of the shooting, Reed and his team uploaded the video to Facebook and Instagram at about 5 p.m. Tuesday.

“We see a great injustice, and we wanted it to be known,” Reed said. “We’re forcefully seeking justice. This is a civil rights movement, and this is the continuation of same struggle that black people have been going through for so many years.”

By uploading the video, Reed could ensure that people would know exactly what happened.

“We don’t have faith in the system,” he said, citing the Eric Garner case. “We think the system is set up where we’re hiring licensed killers.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/07/the-story-behind-the-filming-of-the-fatal-baton-rouge-police-shooting/?tid=pm_national_pop_b

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

Riot
14614 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 05:22 PM

9. "this is just the fallout/what we gonna do now post. gofundme link-"
In response to Reply # 0

for alton sterling

started by issa rae with i think a 10k goal yesterday

now at 460k

https://www.gofundme.com/2d3eze7g

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

Mr. ManC
Member since Jan 26th 2009
11819 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 06:45 PM

13. "I can't lie, this kinda bothers me."
In response to Reply # 9

Not the sentiment and intent because that is all valid, and I am glad that people rose to the occasion.

But we just spent a year talking about these issues:

Police Brutality
Community Policing w/ review boards
Free College Tuition

These things were up for discussion and most people couldn't huminize the platform to engage with it and why it mattered. Even flat out were against it.

And yet now in 2 days time we were able to come together, around this tragedy, to give the family an opportunity, but it cost them their father.

If we are going to do anything we MUST engage for an America as promised, unapoligetically. We have more say in what goes on if we would actively utilize our power. We say it all the time but we need to act. And we need to fight for everyone to be received within the capacity of their humanity. It can't keep taking this for us to move forward.

Musica Negra
#13irteen

Riot
14614 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 01:10 PM

23. "tossing money is easy & fast. & singular issues are easier resolved"
In response to Reply # 13

charles houston & thurgood marshall almost singlehandedly took down jim crow/segregated busing, bcuz they found a angle to attack it in city after city

setting up a scholarship/gofundme is a one time thing with a obvious solution

challenging police killings is a little more slippery bc not every story is the same, and then even with video evidence AND convictions, the peter liang's still walk cuz the system protects its own.

its a systemic problem that, along with the public action, needs the courts and governments, ie other systems, to due their part in correcting it

now, im not sure why no one has found/hired a bunch of 2016 johnnie cochran's to form a lawyer superteam to pursue some kinda legal precedent for all this bs. but either way that is not an action that the general public can take

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

kaori_dalessio
Member since Aug 14th 2002
1252 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 10:45 AM

35. "RE: I can't lie, this kinda bothers me."
In response to Reply # 13

they will never view us as equal and will never truly make things equal for us. this is and isn't about race, but rather about control, money and resources...

it is a capitalist society where you have to have oppressed people to make it work - the oppressed are those who are working for the elites. there is a reason why we are locked up in prisons at an alarming rate:

http://usuncut.com/class-war/elon-musks-solarcity-exploits-prison-labor-manufacture-taxpayer-subsidized-solar-panels/

http://thefederalist.com/2015/03/04/not-content-with-enormous-taxpayer-subsidies-elon-musk-turned-to-prison-labor-for-cost-savings/

the only way this works is by segregating Black dollars -- when we don't we dilute our ability to control anything in our communities.

who owns majority of buildings in Black neighborhoods?
who owns majority of houses in Black neighborhoods?
who own majority of businesses in Black neighborhoods?

you can't change shit if you don't own shit!

owning dollars in your community means you have a say in who your police chief is.

owning dollars in your community means you have a say in who your mayor is.

owning dollars in your community means you have a say in what companies invest in your community.

owning dollars in your community means you have a say in how the police police your communities.

kaori_dalessio
1252 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 05:25 PM

10. "it's easy to do"
In response to Reply # 0

When you buy online, buy at webuyblack.com.
Buy Black-owned products whenever you can.
Shop at Black-owned stores whenever you can.
If you need insurance, go to Black insurance agents.
If you buy a house, use a Black agent or Black brokerage firm.
Go to HBCUs.
Go to Black doctors and dentists
Use Black attorneys and accountants.
Go to Black community gardens for veggies.
Support Black owned technology.

Take the time to look for our businesses online and order household items through them, buy clothes, furniture from them, etc.

It doesn't happen overnight, but get in the habit of doing it and tell your kids to do the same thing.

If you plant this into the culture it will grow! It will give people a reason to start more businesses in our communities. We have to support our own businesses in order to grow more of them. When we can hire ourselves and buy from ourselves and keep money circulating in our communities, we will have the ability to prevent this stuff from happening a little easier. We just have to understand that it won't happen overnight, that it will take years and we have to be disciplined and focused enough to do it.

One thing I know about Black people is that whenever we stand together for something and act together, we generally win...

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Thu Jul-07-16 06:26 PM

12. "^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 10

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17895 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 11:00 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
17. "^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^"

cscpov.blogspot.com

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44615 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 11:08 AM

18. "I'm about to hit this webuyblack.com up hard....this True detergent..."

intrigues me.....

>When you buy online, buy at webuyblack.com.
>Buy Black-owned products whenever you can.
>Shop at Black-owned stores whenever you can.
>If you need insurance, go to Black insurance agents.
>If you buy a house, use a Black agent or Black brokerage
>firm.
>Go to HBCUs.
Done.

>Go to Black doctors and dentists
Trying...hard though.

>Use Black attorneys and accountants.
Hope it never comes to this...but in my salad days I did for tickets and such..

>Go to Black community gardens for veggies.
My first response was "Where they do that at??" .... But then I was like..."Maybe I need to be the one to do that here since I've never come across it locally."

>Support Black owned technology.
Some examples? I'm all about tech & gadgets....

>Take the time to look for our businesses online and order
>household items through them, buy clothes, furniture from
>them, etc.
ANy other resources besides the webuyblack.com ?

>It doesn't happen overnight, but get in the habit of doing it
>and tell your kids to do the same thing.
>
>If you plant this into the culture it will grow! It will give
>people a reason to start more businesses in our communities.
>We have to support our own businesses in order to grow more of
>them. When we can hire ourselves and buy from ourselves and
>keep money circulating in our communities, we will have the
>ability to prevent this stuff from happening a little easier.
>We just have to understand that it won't happen overnight,
>that it will take years and we have to be disciplined and
>focused enough to do it.
>
>One thing I know about Black people is that whenever we stand
>together for something and act together, we generally win...

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

kaori_dalessio
1252 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 09:52 PM

25. "RE: I'm about to hit this webuyblack.com up hard....this True detergent...."
In response to Reply # 18

>intrigues me.....
>

True Detergent is THA BOMB! It works REALLY, REALLY well, smells good and it is much cheaper than the other stuff on the market. It's all I use now.

>>When you buy online, buy at webuyblack.com.
>>Buy Black-owned products whenever you can.
>>Shop at Black-owned stores whenever you can.
>>If you need insurance, go to Black insurance agents.
>>If you buy a house, use a Black agent or Black brokerage
>>firm.
>>Go to HBCUs.
>Done.
>
>>Go to Black doctors and dentists
>Trying...hard though.
>

the thing is to keep looking. i found a Black dentist in Phoenix, AZ and she is the best dentist I've ever had! Still looking for a Black doctor, though, BUT I'm still looking.

>>Use Black attorneys and accountants.
>Hope it never comes to this...but in my salad days I did for
>tickets and such..
>

CPAs for taxes. I found mine by sending info to this site:
http://www.nabainc.org/

>>Go to Black community gardens for veggies.
>My first response was "Where they do that at??" .... But then
>I was like..."Maybe I need to be the one to do that here since
>I've never come across it locally."
>

This is the point, if we don't see it in our community, let's not be afraid to do what we can to bring it there. I've had a dream for years to create a Black owned grocery store sourced by Black farmers. I've got a business plan, a list of Black farmers, now just working on transportation logistics to transport food.

>>Support Black owned technology.
>Some examples? I'm all about tech & gadgets....

These are ALL OVER. Try here as they interview a new Black tech company every week: http://www.blacksintechnology.net/

>
>>Take the time to look for our businesses online and order
>>household items through them, buy clothes, furniture from
>>them, etc.
>ANy other resources besides the webuyblack.com ?
>

http://www.coloredcontent.com/
http://www.purchaseblack.com/
http://getbevel.com
http://www.talleyandtwine.com/
http://www.huemanbookstore.com/
http://www.sistagirlmidwifery.com/sgmw/
http://www.sneakerscustom.com/
http://www.suruclothing.com/
https://purchasinglove.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/black-owned-alternatives-to-major-brands-_-december-20141.pdf

in short, Black businesses are EVERYWHERE, we just have to search for what we need. they are all online. watches, shoes, etc. just search they are all there. products are good quality, priced well and come quickly.

>>It doesn't happen overnight, but get in the habit of doing
>it
>>and tell your kids to do the same thing.
>>
>>If you plant this into the culture it will grow! It will
>give
>>people a reason to start more businesses in our communities.
>
>>We have to support our own businesses in order to grow more
>of
>>them. When we can hire ourselves and buy from ourselves and
>>keep money circulating in our communities, we will have the
>>ability to prevent this stuff from happening a little easier.
>
>>We just have to understand that it won't happen overnight,
>>that it will take years and we have to be disciplined and
>>focused enough to do it.
>>
>>One thing I know about Black people is that whenever we
>stand
>>together for something and act together, we generally win...
>
>
>"Get ready....for your blessing....."

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 11:26 AM

19. "My brother suggested pulling our money out of Chase, Citi, ETC"

Go to your local black owned financial institution like Carver Bank and give them your business. The influx of new money will help them to open more branches and ATM locations and cut down on the ATM fees we have to eat initially due to their current small size.

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14015 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 10:01 PM

26. "Killer Mike has been taking ppl to Black banks in droves to do this"
In response to Reply # 19

for a while now

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

kaori_dalessio
1252 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 10:01 PM

27. "RE: My brother suggested pulling our money out of Chase, Citi, ETC"
In response to Reply # 19

Carver bank is a public company that was bailed out by white financiers a few years back. They bought the majority of the stock in the bank and is "steering" the bank to "profitability". It's mission is to still help the Black community in NY, BUT it is owned by white people now (stock holders). Now if you really want to do something with Carver bank, this would be DOPE:

1. EVERY BLACK PERSON IN AMERICA SHOULD BUY $100 - $200 WORTH OF CARVER STOCK. It's trading at under $5/share. Now that would be dope because if the majority of the owners of the bank were Black, we, as shareholders get to help dictate what the bank does, where and for whom. It's stock ticker is http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3ACARV&ei=XGiAV7HjLYWpefWvjpAF
If you can afford $100 worth of lattes, $500 shoes, etc. spend $100 on this stock. Imagine if every Black person bought this company back with $100 each.

Here's a list of the Black-owned banks in the US. OneUnited bank is located in Boston, but it also operates as an internet bank. Liberty Bank in New Orleans has an internet bank operation as well, I believe.

Alamerica Bank Birmingham, Alabama
Broadway Federal Bank Los Angeles, California
Commonwealth National Bank Mobile, Alabama
Industrial Bank Washington, D.C.
Axiom Bank - Maitland, Florida
Carver State Bank - Savannah, Georgia
Citizens Trust Bank - Atlanta, Georgia
Illinois Service Federal - Chicago, Illinois
Seaway Bank - Chicago, Illinois
Metro Bank - Louisville, Kentucky
Liberty Bank - New Orleans, Louisiana
Harbor Bank of Maryland - Baltimore, Maryland
OneUnited Bank - Boston, Massachusetts
First Independence Bank - Detroit, Michigan
City National Bank of New Jersey - Newark, New Jersey
Mechanics & Farmers Bank - Durham, North Carolina
United Bank of Philadelphia - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
South Carolina Community Bank - Columbia, South Carolina
Citizens Savings Bank - Nashville, Tennessee
Tri-State Bank of Memphis - Memphis, Tennessee
Unity National Bank of Houston - Houston, Texas
First State Bank - Danville, Virginia
Columbia Savings & Loan - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
North Milwaukee State Bank - Milwaukee, Wisconsin

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Mon Jul-11-16 03:54 PM

53. "Good looking on the additional information"
In response to Reply # 27

I'll look into the FUBU internet banks.

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 10:18 AM

15. "Immersive virtual reality can solve two problems"
In response to Reply # 0

It can give black people educations online enough to potentially allow for individuals to have the agency to leave the US or stay.

It can keep more black folks off the street i.e. out of sight of the police.

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 11:31 AM

21. "virtual reality? umm... nah"
In response to Reply # 15

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 01:53 PM

24. "It could work especially if it had some kind of economy behind it. "
In response to Reply # 21

seasoned vet
Member since Jul 29th 2008
6025 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 11:27 AM

20. "if physical seperation isnt realistic what about economic seperation??"
In response to Reply # 0

how many black owned banks across the nation?

21?

38?

thats as simple as us diverting our direct deposits to these institutions.

Riot
14614 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 12:31 PM

22. "Petition for fed agency with police oversight "
In response to Reply # 0

All WH petitions with more than 100k signatures are to get an official response

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/petition-create-federal-law-enforcement-agency-supervises-behavior-all-law-enforcement-agencies

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

Boogie Stimuli
14015 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 10:03 PM

28. "Said this like 2 yrs ago on here, and niggas swore I was crazy 4 it"
In response to Reply # 0

And I probably am, but that's exactly
why I see shit like this before alotta
other folks do.

Now that I'm off my soapbox, look up
a brother named Mario Simpson and his
plan for financial empowerment. Get
involved if you can.
Buying Black has already been mentioned,
so props to reply 10.

~
~
~
~
~

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5186 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 10:17 PM

48. "RE: Said this like 2 yrs ago on here, and niggas swore I was crazy 4 it"
In response to Reply # 28

>Now that I'm off my soapbox, look up
>a brother named Mario Simpson and his
>plan for financial empowerment. Get
>involved

Need more info I'm coming up blank.

---------------------------
Signature

Boogie Stimuli
14015 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 10:36 PM

49. "Inbox"
In response to Reply # 48

~
~
~
~
~

handle
Charter member
18950 posts
Fri Jul-08-16 11:28 PM

29. "You sounds like some cracker ass white supremacists "
In response to Reply # 0

>Complete and utter separation is the answer.
>
>but where the fuck do we go (if anywhere) and how would that
>thing get organized/ come about/ look?

Good luck with that.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 07:38 AM

30. "Hush"
In response to Reply # 29

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 10:11 AM

32. "he's not saying anything baldwin didnt in the fire next time"
In response to Reply # 30

dude exposed the fuck out of the connections between the NOI and white supremacists, who basically saw the two ideologically opposed groups as having a common goal.

i get the frustration but i have been hearing this separatism, back to africa, pan africanism and other varieties of the same argument for some time. everybody just wants to vent. nobody has a real solution of where to go, who would go or who would be welcome. one-drop rule? i am all for whatever people want to do as individuals or in mass, but personally i think it's just a college freshman fantasy. i also think the people who have stood and fought in the last 150+ years have gotten a lot done, that things are still this fucked up just shows how far they had to go at the outset.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

kevlar skully
6049 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 10:39 AM

34. "can't see how oppressed abused group wants to get away from abusers? "
In response to Reply # 32

All you can do is think, your just like the white racist who want you gone, ignoring the context of oppressed group wouldn't need/want separation if the oppressors would let us live

Black people just can't expect y'all to see our humanity at all

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 08:59 PM

42. "you arent black"
In response to Reply # 32

Boogie Stimuli
14015 posts

43. "Somebody had to play Philpot's role while he's gone."
In response to Reply # 30

~
~
~
~
~

kevlar skully
6049 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 10:12 AM

33. "Why don't you work towards a world black Americans don't feel like this"

Instead of telling black people who just want to be safe how we should feel

kaori_dalessio
1252 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 10:47 AM

36. "RE: You sounds like some cracker ass white supremacists "

actually you do, my friend...

segregating Black dollars to Black communities where we can own our own homes, buildings, businesses, etc. is the ONLY way this ever change.

can change shit if you don't own shit.

>>Complete and utter separation is the answer.
>>
>>but where the fuck do we go (if anywhere) and how would that
>>thing get organized/ come about/ look?
>
>Good luck with that.
>

handle
Charter member
18950 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 11:54 AM

37. "BULLSHIT"
In response to Reply # 36
Sat Jul-09-16 11:56 AM by handle

>actually you do, my friend...
>
>segregating Black dollars to Black communities where we can
>own our own homes, buildings, businesses, etc. is the ONLY way
>this ever change.
>
>can change shit if you don't own shit.

When you are silo-ing it BY RACE then you are *just like* the white supremacists.

Doing it by community or in a group with shared goals would be more like it - but splitting off RACIALLY is fucking bullshit. Lazy, CRACKER ASS, bullshit.

And to the poster above talking about how "the abused" want to get away from "the abusers" - remember that's EXACTLY what many white supremacist say about getting away from non whites. Its bullshit.

Muhammad Ali was on this shit too and he came to his fucking senses eventually. And so did MALCOLM!!!!!!

Now, you want to spend money at "black owned" business - that's fine. But watch out for those scams - I don't trust someone who advertises themselves as "the white money managers."

And remember:
But the bad thing is anyone can ride the train, And the reason, For that is 'cause we look the same....
Disgracin' the race, Blowin' up, The whole crew, Wit' some of them lookin', Just like you

And yes, I'm SUPER DUPER WHITE.

------------

Somnus
3555 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 12:46 PM

39. "RE: LOL"
In response to Reply # 37

*disregarding all that other bullshit you typed*

>And remember:
>But the bad thing is anyone can ride the train, And the
>reason, For that is 'cause we look the same....
>Disgracin' the race, Blowin' up, The whole crew, Wit' some of
>them lookin', Just like you
>
>
>And yes, I'm SUPER DUPER WHITE.

LOL

clueless you are, tryna be all up in this conference giving weak-ass, fake-ass, honky high-fives

shit is laughable, devil.

Die. Slow.

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Mon Jul-11-16 08:24 AM

51. "America and it's institutions are mostly racist champ "
Mon Jul-11-16 08:26 AM by Atillah Moor

It's not the responsibility of so called black people to change the desire of so called white people to not be racist. We don't owe America shit.

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Mon Jul-11-16 04:07 PM

55. "like white supremacists, except for, you know, the supremacy part, lol"

FOH

Somnus
3555 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 12:40 PM

38. "RE: man, if you don't get all the fucking way gone with your devilish......"
Sat Jul-09-16 12:48 PM by Somnus

subterfuge...

matter fact, who the fuck you think you typing to? You fucking pixie. This ain't even a discussion you should've felt the need to place ya punk-ass two-cents into but yet and still you did because, and say it with me now, white privilege. It dictated that you should do so...you felt entitled to do so, didn't you?

>Good luck with that.
>

Die. Slow.

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 08:03 PM

40. "He should have stayed in the bleachers "
In response to Reply # 38

if anything. Ask all the questions you want in order to gain understanding, but this "white folks telling black people how to go about their shit" isn't and has never been the move.

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

Boogie Stimuli
14015 posts

41. "THANK YOU. Straight up white privilege."

~
~
~
~
~

handle
Charter member
18950 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 09:06 PM

44. "I'll exit now that you've called me the D word (that's the white N word)"
In response to Reply # 41
Sat Jul-09-16 09:09 PM by handle

I know when I can't through to some cracker ass separatists, even when they aren't white.

Maybe you can start a version of Stormfront.org ??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_separatism#Opponents

------------

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 09:16 PM

45. "RE: I'll exit now that you've called me the D word (that's the white N w..."
In response to Reply # 44

there is no white n word.

Boogie Stimuli
14015 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 09:28 PM

46. "I didn't call you anything, but now I'm calling you a lying piece of shi..."

for saying I did.

Black people wanting to separate is due to
very calculable mistreatment, but you're
too busy practicing your version of white
supremacy to see the legitimacy in that
claim. You want to say "white people
say the same thing!" What you miss
is they're making it up. We aren't.

Do you have a problem with Chinatowns?
China itself? Gtfoh. We don't give
a fuck what white separatists say.
They want to separate because of our
skin color. Black "separatists"
want to separate because of their
mistreatment. They NEVER wanted to
integrate, whereas we did at one
point, thinking they would change.
That has never happened. Fuck you,
and fuck them.

DIE

~
~
~
~
~

Pete Burns
Member since Oct 18th 2005
5445 posts
Mon Jul-11-16 03:42 PM

52. "No, just.....no."

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Sat Jul-09-16 09:30 PM

47. "Subterfuge? lmao.. havent heard that one in a minute"

Riot
14614 posts
Mon Jul-11-16 07:45 AM

50. "GoFundme for the brother in Minnesota-"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.gofundme.com/2d5wd5g

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49401 posts
Mon Jul-11-16 04:00 PM

54. "Isn't it weird how these gofundme's work. LIke Alton Sterling"
In response to Reply # 50

has one and it's raising serious dough

https://www.gofundme.com/2d3eze7g

but then it was started by a public figure.

Other brother doesn't look like he will raise 50k.

Seems arbitrary.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Riot
14614 posts
Mon Jul-11-16 05:30 PM

56. "completely arbitrary. i put in on philando but not alton"
In response to Reply # 54

but both should be getting 7 figures from the city in a year or so

probably more in the MN shooting cuz there's no ambiguity there at all

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

Lobby General Discussion topic #13041700 Previous topic | Next topic