Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13029957

Subject: "No post on this Stephen Curry/Light vs Dark Skinned to going on lately?" Previous topic | Next topic
DavidHasselhoff
Charter member
11451 posts
Thu Jun-02-16 09:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"No post on this Stephen Curry/Light vs Dark Skinned to going on lately?"

Im sayin... this is yalls specialty. Unless I missed that post.
https://theundefeated.com/features/light-skinned-vs-dark-skinned/
http://radio.cbssports.com/2016/05/31/jemele-hill-stephen-curry-disrespect-lebron-james-nba-finals-russell-westbrook-kevin-durant/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
what a dumb statement
Jun 03rd 2016
It's already in OKSports
Jun 03rd 2016
not interested in talking about this because the angle is dumb as shit
Jun 03rd 2016
It really is dumb
Jun 03rd 2016
The undefeated is basically Fox News
Jun 03rd 2016
shoulda stayed on twitter, it was funnier there
Jun 03rd 2016
Jemele, no...not like this
Jun 03rd 2016
Bare with me while I spill some shit...
Jun 03rd 2016

kingjerm78
Member since Jul 05th 2007
24725 posts
Fri Jun-03-16 07:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "what a dumb statement"
In response to Reply # 0

--------------------------------

one half of the most dynamic tag team on the net...nappyafro's FROCAST!

http://www.frocast.com
www.nappyafro.com
store.nappyafro.com

deejboram
Member since Sep 27th 2002
25755 posts
Fri Jun-03-16 07:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "It's already in OKSports"
In response to Reply # 0

you know how them "sissies" over there be dragging GD topics into the sports section.

pink toes: http://i.imgur.com/WN7DPL1

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85077 posts
Fri Jun-03-16 07:42 AM

3. "not interested in talking about this because the angle is dumb as shit"
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Fri Jun-03-16 09:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "It really is dumb"
In response to Reply # 3

Since when does "hood" equal "real"? And what hood doesn't have light-skinned people? Makes no sense. I'm not waisting anymore brain power on this.

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Jun-03-16 08:17 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "The undefeated is basically Fox News"
In response to Reply # 0

id also argue that Lebron got dragged when he was underperforming in the playoffs a couple of years back when everyone expected him to steamroll his team to a championship.

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Fri Jun-03-16 08:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "shoulda stayed on twitter, it was funnier there"
In response to Reply # 0

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Fri Jun-03-16 09:04 AM

7. "Jemele, no...not like this"
In response to Reply # 0

Hitokiri
Charter member
22108 posts
Fri Jun-03-16 10:06 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "Bare with me while I spill some shit..."
In response to Reply # 0

So when I was growing up, which I've come to learn may have been a unique experience, there wasn't this light skinned vs. dark skinned contentiousness. Maybe it's because there weren't a whole lot black kids in my schools, so we stuck together more. Or maybe it's because within my family there are light skinned folks and dark skinned folks and I was never raised to see any real difference between us. My grandma was dark, my grandpa light and their kids spanned the difference between them. But I say that to say, when I was growing up, black kids was black kids. My best friend in high school was really dark and I'm fairly light (not Steph light though) and other people would point out how 'black' he was but I never saw that until they pointed it out. But so given all that, it makes me sad talking to kids today and seeing them embrace this "team light skin vs. team dark skin" shit. It really makes me sad that we have regressed to this kind of colonial thinking.

*I know that stuff about my own past is divorced from larger history and is about my very specific microcosm. I know that it doesn't acknowledge how white supremacy has impacted and even as a young person impacted me in ways I didn't understand or recognize. I know that as a lighter skinned person, I'm also sheltered by the degree of privilege my shade afforded me. But I thought my experience as not dividing black folks was more common than it apparently actually was.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

Lobby General Discussion topic #13029957 Previous topic | Next topic