Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13025299

Subject: "Speaking of podcasts, the new Sword & Scale is fucked up. " Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44853 posts
Mon May-23-16 11:47 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Speaking of podcasts, the new Sword & Scale is fucked up. "

This ep is about the Mitchell Blair case, the woman who tortured her kids to death and put the bodies in the freezer.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/24/us/michigan-bodies-freezer/

Everything about this one is awful. The entire ep is basically Mitchell breaking down what she did and why to the police (or courts?). Few of these podcasts really get to me on a deeper level but she goes into detail about what she did.

Some eps, like the Luka Magnotta ep, do present a disturbing look at the psyche of some of the subjects of this show but since this one details the long term torture of two children by their mother it just ups the ante in a major way.

Just a heads up for those of you who listen to S&S. This one is not for the faint of heart.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Not to Go In...but how do y'all listen to this type of shit?
May 24th 2016
fam, i just started listening to this podcast.
May 24th 2016
what breaks my heart is how sincere she is
May 24th 2016
wow I barely made it through....
May 24th 2016
what is also sobering is how the "see something, say something"
May 24th 2016
Mike Boudet says the upcoming episode ...
May 28th 2016
i went back to Ep. 4.
May 31st 2016
downloading ep 4 now. Any other must listen eps?
May 31st 2016

DVS
Member since Sep 13th 2002
19730 posts
Tue May-24-16 07:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Not to Go In...but how do y'all listen to this type of shit?"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue May-24-16 07:59 AM by DVS

I mean...I get the "intriguing to go inside the mind of the perverse" type shit...and to a lesser degree I can say that I'm intrigued by stuff like Gang life and organized crime.

But when we start getting into serial killers and tipping over towards the seriously disturbed/demonic? I have to draw a line, b

My spirit just isn't equipped for that...and I believe that you can only go but so deep into that shit before getting some of it splooshed back on you.

So...for those that are fans of this shit....what is the appeal to you? Just curious.

D

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Waldorf and Statler Vol 4:CONAN IS OUT NOW!!!: http://waldorfandstatler.bandcamp.com

and don't forget to check "DVS 4 ALDERMAN"

http://windimoto.bandcamp.com/album/dvs-4-alderman-bandcamp-exclusive-expanded-editio

PROMO
Charter member
30979 posts
Tue May-24-16 12:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "fam, i just started listening to this podcast."
In response to Reply # 0

that episode about the catfishing murders in TN w/ the developmentally disable chick that orchestrated it?

fucking unbelievable.

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Tue May-24-16 12:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "what breaks my heart is how sincere she is"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue May-24-16 12:42 PM by janey

It seems clear that her world view is completely fucked up, but also that she is absolutely sincere in her belief that she did the right thing. None of those children ever had a chance.

BTW, in order to enter a guilty plea, you have to provide the court with a clear record so that there's no doubt that this is a true plea, not coerced, and not false. So the majority of the recording of Mitchelle Blair is her testimony before the court, then there is additional recording of an interview she did after conviction.

~ ~ ~
All meetings end in separation
All acquisition ends in dispersion
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

Every hundred years, all new people

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Tue May-24-16 12:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "wow I barely made it through...."
In response to Reply # 0

Got about half way & then something she said triggered me. Had to take a break and finish later. Sad story all around. Circle of abuse and neglect from he childhood. The scary thing is the notion that the kids could have been lying about it all to use her as a weapon to hurt each other.

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

PROMO
Charter member
30979 posts
Tue May-24-16 01:56 PM

5. "what is also sobering is how the "see something, say something""
In response to Reply # 0

rule could save a lot lives when you hear a lot of these stories.

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Sat May-28-16 10:58 PM

6. "Mike Boudet says the upcoming episode ..."
In response to Reply # 0

...is one of only two that have made him cry.

The other one was episode 4.

~ ~ ~
All meetings end in separation
All acquisition ends in dispersion
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

Every hundred years, all new people

PROMO
Charter member
30979 posts
Tue May-31-16 12:55 PM

7. "i went back to Ep. 4."
In response to Reply # 6

it is scary to know that there are people out there that may seem normal more or less that could or can do stuff like that.

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Tue May-31-16 01:34 PM

8. "downloading ep 4 now. Any other must listen eps?"
In response to Reply # 6

nm

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

Lobby General Discussion topic #13025299 Previous topic | Next topic