Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13019409

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed May-11-16 08:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Nada

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Wednesdays are my Fridays
May 11th 2016
HBBD fam
May 13th 2016
      SDAD, good brother
May 13th 2016
90% of what you get from me is pure...
May 11th 2016
livin in a world without Prince..smh
May 11th 2016
There should be 19 days of National mourning.
May 11th 2016
May 11th 2016
still so fuckin unbelievable
May 15th 2016
just saw a FB post about a college friends funeral... 2016 ain't shit
May 11th 2016
Only year worst than 2016 for me was 2015.
May 11th 2016
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
May 11th 2016
My homeboy texted me a Pinterest link
May 11th 2016
signs I am getting really old
May 11th 2016
if you did the work
May 11th 2016
Got a new girlfriend, afraid my ex/housemate is going to kill herself
May 11th 2016
you still live with your ex?
May 11th 2016
      Yea well she'd be homeless otherwise which is why I haven't thrown her o...
May 11th 2016
I'm thinking of giving up on romantic relationships
May 11th 2016
Turned 38 today and I have been noticing an influx of grays
May 11th 2016
HBD
May 11th 2016
Disrespectful
May 11th 2016
HBD
May 16th 2016
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
May 11th 2016
Is this profile pic inappropriate?
May 13th 2016
this can't be real
May 13th 2016
popped up in my FB feed. Looks real.
May 13th 2016
      u supposed to be more internet savvy than this
May 14th 2016
      I didn't post it cause it's real, I post it cause it's funny.
May 16th 2016
      The finger bruh..
May 14th 2016
RE: Is this profile pic inappropriate?
May 13th 2016
WHY ARE CONFESSION WEDNESDAY ALWAYS DEPRESSING AS SHIT?
May 14th 2016
i got a tattoo!
May 16th 2016
Ever get a break-up announcement?
May 16th 2016
yep!
May 16th 2016
my SIL made her fiance call everyone to tell them the wedding was off
May 16th 2016
my wife's cousin aired 75% of it on Facebook
May 16th 2016

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Wed May-11-16 08:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Wednesdays are my Fridays"
In response to Reply # 0

- sometimes I worry Im too ambitious for my own good

- Vegas last week was cool but I spent way too much money eating and taking Lyft. I still haven't had a perfect vacation though, something always goes wrong.

- small things can upset me for sure. the "hbd" thing doesnt upset me, it's just inconsiderate/impersonal if we know each other in person. I made an exception for my boy's husband who I've yet to meet, I deleted someone else's comment altogether. I'd much rather you not go out of your way than give me an abbreviated greeting

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79349 posts
Fri May-13-16 02:02 PM

22. "HBBD fam"
In response to Reply # 1

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Fri May-13-16 08:52 PM

24. "SDAD, good brother"
In response to Reply # 22

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed May-11-16 09:06 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "90% of what you get from me is pure..."
In response to Reply # 0

the rest of me may not be original
as there's usually something missing with YOU
so you'll get what I want you to have...

/
yeah ya'll

rdhull
Charter member
33109 posts
Wed May-11-16 09:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "livin in a world without Prince..smh"
In response to Reply # 0

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed May-11-16 10:08 AM

6. "There should be 19 days of National mourning. "
In response to Reply # 3

squeeg
Charter member
34479 posts
Wed May-11-16 02:54 PM

14. "17. "
In response to Reply # 6

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Sun May-15-16 09:28 PM

29. "still so fuckin unbelievable"
In response to Reply # 3

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Wed May-11-16 09:55 AM

4. "just saw a FB post about a college friends funeral... 2016 ain't shit"
In response to Reply # 0

only 41.

Wtf. Way too many deaths this year.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49336 posts
Wed May-11-16 03:18 PM

15. "Only year worst than 2016 for me was 2015. "
In response to Reply # 4

All due to dealing with ailing and dying parents between me and my wife.

I had read somewhere that the saddest age for people is early 40s. Damn they nailed that one.

The happiest ages is 19 and early 60s. I can see that.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Wed May-11-16 10:06 AM

5. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

-I can't do crazy. I was some what scared that one day she would direct that towards me. I don't put anything past her.

-I enjoyed my vacation. I would love to live in Paris. It was beautiful.

-I need to start yoga. My body needs it and so does my mind. I'm just scared that I won't do well in class but the fear of my body falling apart is much greater.

-I am going back to taking classes. It's been over a year since I took a class. I want to focus on yoga and ceramics this summer.

-There might be a new position created for me in the college. It will be a lot of work but the only way to move up. I have a dollar amount in mind. I won't take it if they don't meet my salary requirements.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22248 posts
Wed May-11-16 10:17 AM

7. "My homeboy texted me a Pinterest link"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know if it's spam or he just texting. And I can't ask that question because he's been going through some mental health stuff and he's a bit fragile and sensitive. I should just click it. But what if it's spam.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

esb225
Member since Nov 12th 2003
41415 posts
Wed May-11-16 10:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "signs I am getting really old "
In response to Reply # 0

I drove the long way out of my development so I could admire my green lawn and lack of weeds...
i am proud as hell of my lawn this year...

I got a good life man

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed May-11-16 04:18 PM

17. "if you did the work"
In response to Reply # 8

nothing wrong with stuntin bruh

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Adwhizz
40918 posts
Wed May-11-16 01:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "Got a new girlfriend, afraid my ex/housemate is going to kill herself"
In response to Reply # 0

Best of times, worst of times

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Wed May-11-16 01:15 PM

10. "you still live with your ex?"
In response to Reply # 9

stop playing games yo... someone has to move out. This ain't Friends.

Adwhizz
40918 posts
Wed May-11-16 03:41 PM

16. "Yea well she'd be homeless otherwise which is why I haven't thrown her o..."
In response to Reply # 10

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

caramelapplebttms
Member since Mar 09th 2004
3152 posts
Wed May-11-16 02:05 PM

11. "I'm thinking of giving up on romantic relationships"
In response to Reply # 0

And the more I think about, the more it makes sense. I'm actually scared at how much it makes sense to me. It feels like relief rather than resignation.

With one exception, being in a relationship with a man has never made my life better. It's only made it worse or had little effect.

I guess you can say I've learned things about myself. I've found I've had to unlearn as much from these relationships as I've learned though.

Rather than focus on finding a mate and having children, I'm going to:

*Stay healthy so I don't have to have someone else take care of me. I know that I can't predict the future, but the elderly people in my family on both sides live long and stay functional. Besides, I've taken care of so many sick friends over the last few years, so I know that energy will come back if needed.

*Build my wealth so I won't need external financial support from a mate (Not that I've ever gotten this before, but that's another post). Seek partners, funders and donors for this purpose.

*Contribute to my community so I have a legacy that doesn't depend on how my biological children turn out.

All of these feel like more enjoyable and fruitful pursuits than romance, which is dependent in large part on the development and capacity of only one other person.

I think a lot of women have made this choice, and are dismissed as bitter. It actually feels amazing to consciously redirect my energy this way.

kingjerm78
Member since Jul 05th 2007
24725 posts
Wed May-11-16 02:30 PM

12. "Turned 38 today and I have been noticing an influx of grays "
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-11-16 02:31 PM by kingjerm78

Chick sent me a nude with her boobs blurred out...what was the point? I appreciate the gesture, but I could have looked on your IG or FB for a picture.

--------------------------------

one half of the most dynamic tag team on the net...nappyafro's FROCAST!

http://www.frocast.com
www.nappyafro.com
store.nappyafro.com

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed May-11-16 04:19 PM

18. "HBD"
In response to Reply # 12

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Wed May-11-16 09:25 PM

19. "Disrespectful"
In response to Reply # 18

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Mon May-16-16 10:29 AM

33. "HBD"
In response to Reply # 12

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Wed May-11-16 02:48 PM

13. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-11-16 02:48 PM by Tiggerific

So...I'm learning Python the hard way. Actually its not really that hard. Its kind of easy. The only thing is that I'm trying to focus on the concepts and not the language. I am learning the language, but I've come to an understanding that the language is the easy part. If you learn the concepts behind the language, you can learn basically any programming language you want to.

I had a bit of a breakthrough in therapy. Its caused me to focus less anger and frustration towards my mother-in-law. I am pretty indifferent to her. Sure I still roll my eyes, and sometimes I tire of running up and down the stairs for some minor thing, but its keep me in a sane place. And that gives me time to focus on the things I want to focus on.

I'm still struggling with my ADD. Trying to nail down a daily plan and stick with it. Trying to make sure things don't fall through the cracks. And, trying to take care of myself first...isn't always easy. But each day is a new day to start again. My therapist said I need to think more positive...so I am giving it a go.

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49336 posts
Fri May-13-16 01:58 PM

20. "Is this profile pic inappropriate?"
In response to Reply # 0

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Fri May-13-16 02:01 PM

21. "this can't be real"
In response to Reply # 20

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49336 posts
Fri May-13-16 02:43 PM

23. "popped up in my FB feed. Looks real."
In response to Reply # 21

SeV
Charter member
50188 posts
Sat May-14-16 12:50 PM

26. "u supposed to be more internet savvy than this"
In response to Reply # 23

U lookin like my auntie up in here

Dallas Cavericks LETS GO!!

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49336 posts
Mon May-16-16 09:05 AM

31. "I didn't post it cause it's real, I post it cause it's funny."
In response to Reply # 26

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Sat May-14-16 03:36 PM

28. "The finger bruh.. "
In response to Reply # 23

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Fri May-13-16 10:52 PM

25. "RE: Is this profile pic inappropriate?"
In response to Reply # 20

It looks real!!!!

And, its HILARIOUS!!!!

President Gives Absolutely NO F*cks Obama strikes again and you gotta love it!!!!

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

Firecracker
Member since Feb 20th 2007
1892 posts
Sat May-14-16 03:14 PM

27. "WHY ARE CONFESSION WEDNESDAY ALWAYS DEPRESSING AS SHIT?"
In response to Reply # 0

teefiveten
Member since Oct 02nd 2008
33019 posts
Mon May-16-16 09:00 AM

30. "i got a tattoo!"
In response to Reply # 0

on friday. lol.
it took 2 sittings and a whole lot of money (artist is amazing)

but i now have a piece that covers a stupid tat i got as a youngin and it stretches from my back to my shoulder

like.me
http://tinyurl.com/3z8486u

"if the children are not initiated into the village they will burn it down just to feel its warmth." - african proverb

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49336 posts
Mon May-16-16 09:56 AM

32. "Ever get a break-up announcement?"
In response to Reply # 0

From a tangential friend (friend of my brother) blind cc'ing me letting me know that he has broken up with his girlfriend. I wasn't even aware they were still dating.

Is the breakup announcement a thing?

luminous
Charter member
12458 posts
Mon May-16-16 10:32 AM

34. "yep!"
In response to Reply # 32

got a BCC on an email describing all the drama in the relationship and why they broke up...

--
Sometimes you have to look reality in the face and say 'No!'
-Ben (Reaper)

If you need any help, don't. Hesitate to ask.

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Mon May-16-16 10:47 AM

35. "my SIL made her fiance call everyone to tell them the wedding was off"

but I have never had an email announcement about a nigga breaking up with his GF.

Wtf...lol

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Mon May-16-16 12:29 PM

36. "my wife's cousin aired 75% of it on Facebook"

on some "she and I aren't together anymore. if you want to know why, ask her"

basic jilted shit where he wanted the world to know she was at fault

Lobby General Discussion topic #13019409 Previous topic | Next topic