Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13005777

Subject: "#MBK update- Potus meets JCole, Pusha T, common, nicki at white house" Previous topic | Next topic
Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Tue Apr-19-16 04:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"#MBK update- Potus meets JCole, Pusha T, common, nicki at white house"

Few details available so far
So let's make wild across the board speculations & reactions based on barely any info

Is this to use rappers' voices to better market obama's programs? Or to link their foundations with what he wants done and the unsexy nonprofits, think tanks & community centers already in place?

Otherwise, not sure rick ross and khaled are the guys u want to bounce policy ideas off of. 'They don't want u to go to the white house'

So... Self Destruction 2016 featuring jcole, Wale, pusha t, kweli, chance, Busta, ross, nicki, common, timbaland, khaled, ludacris, Alicia keys, &Janelle monae...?

W/ B-side diss rap to trump, bill O'Reilly, and Michael Jordan

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEPetJ0kgYI/?hl=en

Menu
ABC News

Obama Meets With Musicians on My Brother's Keeper
By JESSE J. HOLLAND, ASSOCIATED PRESS
WASHINGTON — Apr 15, 2016, 5:11 PM ET
Email
Star
Musicians Alicia Keys, Nicki Minaj, Busta Rhymes, Common, Janelle Monae and others met Friday with President Barack Obama to discuss ways to continue the administration's "My Brother's Keeper" initiative and spur criminal justice reform in the United States.

The musicians who met with Obama have been working on efforts to help younger generations of blacks and other minorities stay on the right path. The roster also included Ludacris, Chance the Rapper, J. Cole, Wale and DJ Khaled.

Keys in February pushed for House Speaker Paul Ryan to have the House move on criminal justice overhaul through a flirty Valentine video. Monae has pushed for voter registration; Common has publicly supported the private-sector efforts of My Brother's Keeper; and Ludacris has started a foundation to foster economic development and teach leadership and education skills to young people.

The meeting at the White House complex Friday afternoon was not announced by the administration, but was confirmed to The Associated Press. Obama was joined at the meeting by Broderick Johnson, chair of the My Brother's Keeper Task Force, and senior adviser Valerie Jarrett.

Under the My Brother's Keeper initiative, businesses, foundations and community groups coordinate investments to come up with or support programs that help keep young people out of the criminal justice system and improve their access to higher education. The president initiated the program in February 2014 to try to help reverse some of the challenges facing black, Hispanic and Native American boys and young men.

So far, private investors including foundations and businesses have committed more than $500 million in grants and in-kind resources and $1 billion in financing through community banks, including investments in schools, mentoring programs, juvenile justice reforms and school redesign.

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
#jumpmanjumpmanjumpman
Apr 15th 2016
Self Destruction 2016 with Adlibs from Obeezy
Apr 15th 2016
instant classic (link)
Apr 18th 2016
Happy for Pusha
Apr 15th 2016
Related- did anybody see details of sharpton, Tom joyner, etc WH visits
Apr 19th 2016
lol @ "hatching a plan to put some soul in the water supply"
Apr 19th 2016

DunDaDa
Charter member
7411 posts
Fri Apr-15-16 10:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "#jumpmanjumpmanjumpman"
In response to Reply # 0

----------------------------------------------------------------
respect the gift.

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40918 posts
Fri Apr-15-16 11:07 PM

2. "Self Destruction 2016 with Adlibs from Obeezy"
In response to Reply # 0

Don't front, that would be a fucking CLASSISC

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

Riot
14614 posts
Mon Apr-18-16 12:08 PM

4. "instant classic (link)"
In response to Reply # 2

http://blog.thephoenix.com/blogs/blogs/phlog/OBAMA_IGNORANT.mp3

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

Mgmt
Member since Feb 17th 2005
21495 posts
Fri Apr-15-16 11:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Happy for Pusha"
In response to Reply # 0

Riot
14614 posts
Tue Apr-19-16 05:25 AM

5. "Related- did anybody see details of sharpton, Tom joyner, etc WH visits"
In response to Reply # 0

From a few years back

Right wing websites was calling them 'secret meetings', like they were hatching a plan to put some soul in the water supply

I never saw anything come out of these, tho... Which could mean one of two things

1-Potus just wanted to pick their brains, and get their feedback on...? (The state of black America?? Scary if so)

2-they were there to take and promote a prez agenda out to their audiences, and I just missed that part of it. In TJ case I'm not really his audience anyway

3- they were there to hatch a plan to put some soul in the water supply. Reverse undercover brother plot

Lol I dunno. B/w this and the rappers summit... even jon Stewart was there once or twice 'in secret'(c)fix news. Just seems kinda odd to me

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

Binladen
Charter member
14123 posts
Tue Apr-19-16 09:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "lol @ "hatching a plan to put some soul in the water supply""
In response to Reply # 5

>From a few years back
>
>Right wing websites was calling them 'secret meetings', like
>they were hatching a plan to put some soul in the water
>supply
>
>I never saw anything come out of these, tho... Which could
>mean one of two things
>
>1-Potus just wanted to pick their brains, and get their
>feedback on...? (The state of black America?? Scary if so)
>
>
>2-they were there to take and promote a prez agenda out to
>their audiences, and I just missed that part of it. In TJ case
>I'm not really his audience anyway
>
>3- they were there to hatch a plan to put some soul in the
>water supply. Reverse undercover brother plot
>
>
>
>Lol I dunno. B/w this and the rappers summit... even jon