Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12985949

Subject: "Obama To Repubs: I Didn't Create Trump, Your Bigotry Towards Me Did" Previous topic | Next topic
rdhull
Charter member
33135 posts
Thu Mar-10-16 11:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Obama To Repubs: I Didn't Create Trump, Your Bigotry Towards Me Did"

http://occupydemocrats.com/home/post/2016/03/10/obama-to-republicans-i-didnt-create-trump-your-bigotry-towards-me-did

Obama To Republicans: I Didn't Create Trump, Your Bigotry Towards Me Did

By Colin Taylor Posted on March 10 2016

In this clip, President Obama destroys the absurd narrative that somehow he's to blame for the rise of Donald Trump and the implosion of the Republican Party. Our noble president has been blamed by Republicans for pretty much everything that's gone wrong over the past eight years, while all of his accomplishments are tarnished and discounted - but even this is a stretch.

“I have been blamed by Republicans for a lot of things, but being blamed for their primaries and who they’re selecting for their party is novel” said the President at a press conference today, undoubtly holding back a roll of his eyes. I don’t think that I was the one to prompt questions about my birth certificate… I don’t remember saying, ‘Hey, why don’t you ask me about that? Why don’t you, you know, question whether I’m American or whether I’m loyal or whether I have America’s best interests at heart. Those aren’t things that were prompted by any actions of mine. And so what you’re seeing within the Republican party is to some degree all those efforts over a course of time, creating an environment where somebody like a Donald Trump can thrive.

In this clip, President Obama destroys the absurd narrative that somehow he's to blame for the rise of Donald Trump and the implosion of the Republican Party. Our noble president has been blamed by Republicans for pretty much everything that's gone wrong over the past eight years, while all of his accomplishments are tarnished and discounted - but even this is a stretch.

“I have been blamed by Republicans for a lot of things, but being blamed for their primaries and who they’re selecting for their party is novel” said the President at a press conference today, undoubtly holding back a roll of his eyes. I don’t think that I was the one to prompt questions about my birth certificate… I don’t remember saying, ‘Hey, why don’t you ask me about that? Why don’t you, you know, question whether I’m American or whether I’m loyal or whether I have America’s best interests at heart. Those aren’t things that were prompted by any actions of mine. And so what you’re seeing within the Republican party is to some degree all those efforts over a course of time, creating an environment where somebody like a Donald Trump can thrive.

It really is astonishing how the Republican Party operates in its own reality, where facts don't matter and the truth is whatever they say it is. Eight years of barely disguised racism and partisan obstructionism justified by vague appeals to whatever "real conservatism" might be has left the Republican voter base furious at an establishment that is flagrantly disregarding the demands of their constitutents and failing to fulfill their constitutional obligations. The Republican Party has made their own bed in the muck of ignorance and discrimination, and now they must watch as Donald Trump gleefully frolics in it.

Watch it here:

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I mean.....He's dead on...
Mar 11th 2016
^ This is why it's all so sad. Let's be real though. Dems are bigots too
Mar 11th 2016
thanks to the repub base
Mar 11th 2016
RE: thanks to the repub base
Mar 11th 2016
Kasich is the man but they too stupid to see it
Mar 11th 2016
      RE: Kasich is the man but they too stupid to see it
Mar 11th 2016
i always thought Rubio was their best bet
Mar 11th 2016
Good point
Mar 11th 2016
This has been their MO since 2012
Mar 11th 2016
rubio is the biggest joke of all of them.
Mar 11th 2016
Trump winning is more likely than we care to admit.
Mar 11th 2016
      once again
Mar 11th 2016
      I wished I shared your optimism about Trump's demise
Mar 12th 2016
      CHURRRRRRRRCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 12th 2016
      Trump aint winning shit
Mar 12th 2016
I hope Obama and Woodward hunker down
Mar 11th 2016
yeah i want to hear about that too
Mar 11th 2016
I want an Eric Holder book too!
Mar 11th 2016
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/98309/c-walk-o.gif
Mar 11th 2016
RE: Obama To Repubs: I Didn't Create Trump, Your Bigotry Towards Me Did
Mar 11th 2016
Obeezy will go down as one of the greatest presidents ever.
Mar 11th 2016
Easily. If not the greatest.
Mar 13th 2016
We should stop trying to have Civil Rationale Convos with these
Mar 11th 2016
no, the cival is what drives them crazy..they want Obama/us to get buck
Mar 11th 2016
he should twist the knife, tease 3 SC justice nominees
Mar 12th 2016
Obama narrows Supreme Court candidates to three, sources say (swipe)
Mar 12th 2016

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 06:52 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I mean.....He's dead on..."
In response to Reply # 0

But THEY won't care.....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 03:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "^ This is why it's all so sad. Let's be real though. Dems are bigots too"
In response to Reply # 1
Fri Mar-11-16 03:05 PM by Atillah Moor

The one side is racist and one side isn't kind of posturing needs to stop as well.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

wluv
Member since Jan 27th 2003
4362 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 09:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "thanks to the repub base"
In response to Reply # 0

Whose blind racism has overwhelmingly pushed this bigot into the Republican nomination, that clearly has NO SHOT of winning the General, that they cant get behind their best General candidate(Rubio) that gives them the best shot of getting back the WH.

Since 8 years of Obama, they want a white man back in charge so bad, they can even galvanize behind their non-white candidates.

Romney was once considered not conservative enough in the 2011-2012 Repub primaries, but they came to their senses and rightly picked Romney to go into the General because he had the BROADEST support among his coalition. Thanks to President Carter's grandson who found that "47%" video, he didn't make it. But he still was the best among the group candidate for to put up.

With Trump as the nominee, watch how many Repub Congressional candidates distance themselves from him during the General.

They really are dead in the water for the General and they dont even know it. Any move they make now, barring a miraculous comeback by Rubio, will look desperate and wont work.

murph71
23113 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 09:20 AM

3. "RE: thanks to the repub base"
In response to Reply # 2

I thought early on Rubio was the one for the Repugs...I thought he was the one to be feared....But it's clear that dude is not ready for prime time....At all...

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 11:34 AM

8. "Kasich is the man but they too stupid to see it"
In response to Reply # 3

Rubio is a tea partier he never stood a chance..he just looks the part

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

murph71
23113 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 11:44 AM

10. "RE: Kasich is the man but they too stupid to see it"
In response to Reply # 8

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 10:08 AM

6. "i always thought Rubio was their best bet"
In response to Reply # 2

but these fools doing what racist do...it's all based on blind rage so they don't even see what they are doing wrong.

I turned to Hannity on AM radio the other day for shits and giggles on the way home and he is loving this Cruz/Trump outsider shit.

I swear these radio heads know another L means more money in their pockets. I'm pretty sure Rupert Murdoch and then said fuck it... "when the Dems win it's GREAT for ratings due to anger and outrage"

why stop now?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

wluv
4362 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 02:47 PM

11. "Good point"
In response to Reply # 6

>I swear these radio heads know another L means more money in
>their pockets. I'm pretty sure Rupert Murdoch and then said
>fuck it... "when the Dems win it's GREAT for ratings due to
>anger and outrage"
>
>why stop now?

Their rating will remain high bringing in the ad revenue. Didn't think about that narrative.

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44717 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 02:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "This has been their MO since 2012"
In response to Reply # 6

>I swear these radio heads know another L means more money in
>their pockets. I'm pretty sure Rupert Murdoch and then said
>fuck it... "when the Dems win it's GREAT for ratings due to
>anger and outrage"

I think the GOP establishment, pundits, and FoxNews knew they weren't going to beat Obama in 2012, and that there was more shine in being the opposition rather than the leaders. Which is why we got the clown car that was the 2012 Republican presidential candidates.

2016 was supposed be the year of the "serious" GOP candidates (Rubio, Bush, Kasich, and even Christie were all once seen as strong candidates, believe it or not). But once the clown car started loading up again (Trump, Carson, Fiorina), they went all in on being the opposition again.

I think that's the legacy of Sarah Palin, who actually govern when you can make even more railing against the system and don't have to worry about any oversight or accountability?

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85073 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 11:40 AM

9. "rubio is the biggest joke of all of them."
In response to Reply # 2

<--- Big Baller World Order

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 10:59 PM

19. "Trump winning is more likely than we care to admit."
In response to Reply # 2

>With Trump as the nominee, watch how many Repub Congressional
>candidates distance themselves from him during the General.
>
>They really are dead in the water for the General and they
>dont even know it. Any move they make now, barring a
>miraculous comeback by Rubio, will look desperate and wont
>work.

I sincerely hope that Trump does not win, but no one reasonably thought Trump had a chance at the nomination when he began his campaign. Now he's a front-runner who's likely either going to win the nomination without a great deal of backroom politics which could cause a deeper break within the party.

I'm an optimist when it comes to racial matters. But judging by the legacy of racial intolerance and discrimination in this country and the level of unattended White anger built up over 8 years of being governed by a Black man and ineffective tactics by the Republicans and it is more likely than he wins than many people believe.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

wluv
4362 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 11:28 PM

20. "once again"
In response to Reply # 19

>>With Trump as the nominee, watch how many Repub
>Congressional
>>candidates distance themselves from him during the General.
>>
>>They really are dead in the water for the General and they
>>dont even know it. Any move they make now, barring a
>>miraculous comeback by Rubio, will look desperate and wont
>>work.
>
>I sincerely hope that Trump does not win, but no one
>reasonably thought Trump had a chance at the nomination when
>he began his campaign. Now he's a front-runner who's likely
>either going to win the nomination without a great deal of
>backroom politics which could cause a deeper break within the
>party.

The Republican primary voting profile looks NOTHING like the General election voters. The angry white Repub voters are the same one that were mad in the 2012 Repub Primary and tried to stop Romney from getting the nomination because he wasn't extreme enough in their eyes. They are still blind and not large enough to carry a national election. Think the angry Tea Party of 2008-2012. How they were gonna help Repubs win the White House back. Their voting bloc wasnt significant enough to accomplish that.

>I'm an optimist when it comes to racial matters. But judging
>by the legacy of racial intolerance and discrimination in this
>country and the level of unattended White anger built up over
>8 years of being governed by a Black man and ineffective
>tactics by the Republicans and it is more likely than he wins
>than many people believe.
>
Im also an optimist in general but when it comes to politics im a realist and tend to look at the numbers when it comes to who will win. Right now both Bernie and Hillary lead Trump in a national race. Its been that way since they started polling. Plus the angry white voter really doesn't have a reason to abandon the party who has helped their 401k's tremendously, kept employment down, gas down and reduced the amount of uninsured greatly through the ACA. The Republican Presidential game is to have a "boogie man" strategy that scares the voting public into voting for them. Without a war, that dynamic doesn't exist for them.

Trust, once we get to the DNC to nominate Hillary and Bernie speaks at the convention to unify behind her, this election will look just like 2012 with her winning comfortably.

Sit back and watch it all transpire.

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Sat Mar-12-16 11:02 AM

21. "I wished I shared your optimism about Trump's demise"
In response to Reply # 20

I'll be as relieved as anyone if Hillary / Bernie wins, but the fact Trump has made it this far despite no one giving him a chance has me genuinely scared.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

LAbeathustla
33858 posts
Sat Mar-12-16 11:25 AM

23. "CHURRRRRRRRCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 20

>>>With Trump as the nominee, watch how many Repub
>>Congressional
>>>candidates distance themselves from him during the General.
>>>
>>>They really are dead in the water for the General and they
>>>dont even know it. Any move they make now, barring a
>>>miraculous comeback by Rubio, will look desperate and wont
>>>work.
>>
>>I sincerely hope that Trump does not win, but no one
>>reasonably thought Trump had a chance at the nomination when
>>he began his campaign. Now he's a front-runner who's likely
>>either going to win the nomination without a great deal of
>>backroom politics which could cause a deeper break within
>the
>>party.
>
>The Republican primary voting profile looks NOTHING like the
>General election voters. The angry white Repub voters are the
>same one that were mad in the 2012 Repub Primary and tried to
>stop Romney from getting the nomination because he wasn't
>extreme enough in their eyes. They are still blind and not
>large enough to carry a national election. Think the angry
>Tea Party of 2008-2012. How they were gonna help Repubs win
>the White House back. Their voting bloc wasnt significant
>enough to accomplish that.
>
>>I'm an optimist when it comes to racial matters. But judging
>>by the legacy of racial intolerance and discrimination in
>this
>>country and the level of unattended White anger built up
>over
>>8 years of being governed by a Black man and ineffective
>>tactics by the Republicans and it is more likely than he
>wins
>>than many people believe.
>>
>Im also an optimist in general but when it comes to politics
>im a realist and tend to look at the numbers when it comes to
>who will win. Right now both Bernie and Hillary lead Trump in
>a national race. Its been that way since they started
>polling. Plus the angry white voter really doesn't have a
>reason to abandon the party who has helped their 401k's
>tremendously, kept employment down, gas down and reduced the
>amount of uninsured greatly through the ACA. The Republican
>Presidential game is to have a "boogie man" strategy that
>scares the voting public into voting for them. Without a war,
>that dynamic doesn't exist for them.
>
>Trust, once we get to the DNC to nominate Hillary and Bernie
>speaks at the convention to unify behind her, this election
>will look just like 2012 with her winning comfortably.
>
>Sit back and watch it all transpire.

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

rdhull
Charter member
33135 posts
Sat Mar-12-16 11:09 AM

22. "Trump aint winning shit"
In response to Reply # 19

>>With Trump as the nominee, watch how many Repub
>Congressional
>>candidates distance themselves from him during the General.
>>
>>They really are dead in the water for the General and they
>>dont even know it. Any move they make now, barring a
>>miraculous comeback by Rubio, will look desperate and wont
>>work.
>
>I sincerely hope that Trump does not win, but no one
>reasonably thought Trump had a chance at the nomination when
>he began his campaign. Now he's a front-runner who's likely
>either going to win the nomination without a great deal of
>backroom politics which could cause a deeper break within the
>party.
>
>I'm an optimist when it comes to racial matters. But judging
>by the legacy of racial intolerance and discrimination in this
>country and the level of unattended White anger built up over
>8 years of being governed by a Black man and ineffective
>tactics by the Republicans and it is more likely than he wins
>than many people believe.
>

Numba_33
Charter member
19332 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 09:22 AM

4. "I hope Obama and Woodward hunker down"
In response to Reply # 0

and give insightful and detailed look on how things were for Barack those eight year. A completely insightful, unfiltered account on Obama's thoughts on how things went down.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

wluv
4362 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 09:38 AM

5. "yeah i want to hear about that too"
In response to Reply # 4

I bet an unfiltered Michelle book would be a great read also.

DJ007
Member since Apr 06th 2003
5447 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 09:31 PM

18. "I want an Eric Holder book too!"
In response to Reply # 4

And I want him to go ALL THE FUCKING WAY IN!..lol

LAbeathustla
33858 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 11:31 AM

7. "http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/98309/c-walk-o.gif"
In response to Reply # 0

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/98309/c-walk-o.gif

2019 CABG Survivor

RIP GOATs

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 04:09 PM

14. "RE: Obama To Repubs: I Didn't Create Trump, Your Bigotry Towards Me Did"
In response to Reply # 0

I absolutely love Give No F*cks Obama!!!!

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 04:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "Obeezy will go down as one of the greatest presidents ever."
In response to Reply # 0

People don't realize it quite yet - but they will.

-->

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Sun Mar-13-16 08:40 PM

26. "Easily. If not the greatest."
In response to Reply # 15

many already see/know it

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49415 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 04:30 PM

16. "We should stop trying to have Civil Rationale Convos with these"
In response to Reply # 0

People.

Like this is the same thing as having a civil argument with someone saying Obama is a Christian and American Hating Muslim!!!

You can try to go through and make the rational argument why this isn't true but you can also just say "these people crazy"

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

rdhull
Charter member
33135 posts
Fri Mar-11-16 05:25 PM

17. "no, the cival is what drives them crazy..they want Obama/us to get buck"
In response to Reply # 16

want us to get buck

>People.
>
>Like this is the same thing as having a civil argument with
>someone saying Obama is a Christian and American Hating
>Muslim!!!
>
>You can try to go through and make the rational argument why
>this isn't true but you can also just say "these people
>crazy"
>
>
>**********
>"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then
>they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson
>
>"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Sat Mar-12-16 03:01 PM

24. "he should twist the knife, tease 3 SC justice nominees"
In response to Reply # 0

And expose more obstructionists so they can lose their seats in November

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2315 posts
Sat Mar-12-16 05:46 PM

25. "Obama narrows Supreme Court candidates to three, sources say (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 24

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-obama-supreme-court-candidates-20160311-story.html

Obama narrows Supreme Court candidates to three, sources say
Tribune news services
March 11, 2016, 9:53 PM

President Obama is finalizing his decision on a Supreme Court nominee to replace the late Antonin Scalia and appears to have narrowed his choice to three candidates, according to people with knowledge of the vetting process.

The three under consideration are Merrick Garland, who grew up in Lincolnwood and is now chief judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit; Sri Srinivasan, a judge on the same court; and Paul Watford, a judge on the California-based U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.

Obama said this week that he wanted to make a decision quickly, and his announcement could come as early as next week, the sources said.

The three finalists bring a range of judicial and legal experience to the selection process.

Garland, 63, was considered by Obama for a previous Supreme Court vacancy.

The Harvard Law School graduate served several stints in the Justice Department and supervised such major cases as the prosecutions of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh and his accomplice, Terry Nichols, and Unabomber Ted Kaczynski. Garland was appointed to the federal circuit court in April 1997 and became chief judge in February 2013.

Srinivasan, 49, was born in India and emigrated as a young child with his family to Kansas. A Stanford Law graduate, he would be the high court's first Asian American and first Hindu.

Srinivasan was nominated in May 2013 to be a judge on the Washington-based appeals court. The Senate confirmed him on a 97-to-0 vote.

Watford, 48, grew up in Orange County, California, and graduated from the UCLA School of Law.

He worked for four years as an assistant U.S. attorney in Los Angeles before joining the law firm of Munger, Tolles & Olson, where he focused on appellate litigation in state and federal courts. He was appointed by Obama to the federal appeals court in May 2012 after a Senate confirmation vote of 61 to 34.

The narrowing down to these three candidates was first reported by Reuters. The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

On Friday, political groups stepped up their efforts in what is turning out to be an epic partisan battle over what is supposed to be the nonpartisan branch of the federal government.

Senate Republicans have vowed to stop Obama from nominating anyone to fill the sudden Supreme Court vacancy, arguing that the process should wait until the next president is elected. Liberal groups - including environmentalists and constitutional scholars - are organizing petitions, scheduling news conferences and setting up seminars to pressure the Senate to schedule a hearing on the president's eventual nominee and allow a vote.

"Crucial questions regarding the civil liberties and religious freedoms of citizens of the United States sit before the Supreme Court," the South Asian Bar Association of North America said. "The impact of refusing to consider any nominee threatens not only a fair and reasoned consideration of these crucial issues for two full terms of the Supreme Court, but the separation of powers upon which our democracy is based."

Civil rights groups tried to apply pressure to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley, R-Iowa, who has been adamant that his committee would not hold a hearing on Obama's nominee.

"The position taken by members of the Senate Judiciary Committee who refuse to consider any nominee put forward by the president is unprecedented and is inconsistent with the roles of the president and the Senate as envisioned by the Framers of the Constitution," said Kristen Clarke, president and executive director of the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, a presidential candidate, told his constituents in an email message that he would not allow a vote.

"The stakes are too high to allow President Obama, in the waning months of his final term, to make a lifetime appointment that would reshape the Supreme Court for a generation," Cruz wrote. "I strongly stand with my fellow Republicans and believe that the Senate should fulfill its constitutional duty by letting the American people be heard in selecting the next Supreme Court justice." He signed it, "Keep Texas Strong."

Lobby General Discussion topic #12985949 Previous topic | Next topic