Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12972422

Subject: "Teen who killed 5 family members sentenced as juvenile" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79621 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 08:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Teen who killed 5 family members sentenced as juvenile"

will be released at 21.

HOW???

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-killed-5-family-members-sentenced-juvenile-105327515.html

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — A judge cleared the way Thursday for a New Mexico teenager who shot and killed his parents and three younger siblings to be sentenced as a juvenile and released from state custody by the time he turns 21 after the teen's attorneys argued he could be psychologically rehabilitated.

Nehemiah Griego was 15 when he opened fire in his family's home south of Albuquerque, killing his mother as she slept and then his 9-year-old brother and two sisters, ages 5 and 2, authorities said. Griego's father was the last to die: The teen waited in a bathroom and ambushed the gang member turned pastor after he returned home, sheriff's officials said.

Now 18, Griego has undergone nearly two years of therapy at a state adolescent treatment center — where his teachers, psychiatrists and others say he has made significant progress after being diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and some learning disabilities.

"It all points in the same direction," said Jeffrey Buckels, Griego's public defender. "He's getting better and deserves a chance."

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
*Looks at skin color, nods knowingly*
Feb 12th 2016
fuck that... he killed his whole fam.
Feb 12th 2016
It sucks but we gotta at least act like we trying to rehabilitate
Feb 12th 2016
anyone who kills 5 family members
Feb 12th 2016
      He's schizophrenic
Feb 12th 2016
           all the more reason for him to stay locked up
Feb 12th 2016
                Yeah, but it's a balance. We can't lock everyone up just in case
Feb 12th 2016
not only that he killed 4 of them then say and waited for pops
Feb 13th 2016
This part tho:
Feb 12th 2016
      LOLZ! I missed that shit.
Feb 12th 2016
           In NM you can really go places with that on your resume.
Feb 12th 2016
           under the jail bruh...
Feb 12th 2016
                Yeah my bad. I missed his Junior Hitler Club Membership
Feb 12th 2016
this is testing my faith in rehabilitation and it's making me wonder
Feb 12th 2016
this is the part that really trips me out
Feb 12th 2016
How about those teachers and psychiatrists are on the hook if he kills a...
Feb 12th 2016
SKINFLUENZA
Feb 12th 2016
It could be that he had a really really fucked up home life
Feb 12th 2016
SoWhat, how would you approach this
Feb 12th 2016
this is really hard
Feb 12th 2016
But aspriing nazi career aside
Feb 12th 2016
      yeah
Feb 12th 2016
Lol @ despite wanting to be a Nazi he's good. Fire those people
Feb 12th 2016

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 08:40 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "*Looks at skin color, nods knowingly*"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-12-16 08:41 AM by BigReg

Besides the racial issue at play, on the flipside I wouldn't want him to be charged as an adult and have to stay 200 years in prison either.

He obviously needs mental health and he seems to be getting better. However I don't know if I feel comfortable with him re-integrating into society after a short time

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 09:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "fuck that... he killed his whole fam. "
In response to Reply # 1

under the fucking jail.

anyone who kills their little sisters, mother, etc...

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 09:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "It sucks but we gotta at least act like we trying to rehabilitate"
In response to Reply # 3

instead of rounding all the 'bad' people up and throwing away the key since us negros end up being on the short end of that stick.

Other crimes with a high recidivism rate (molestation/rape) yeah, im cool with.

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 09:38 AM

5. "anyone who kills 5 family members"
In response to Reply # 4

is a little bit more than "bad" in my book.

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 09:53 AM

6. "He's schizophrenic"
In response to Reply # 5

It's not like he killed them because they were hogging the TV for Call of Duty.

It's a bit tougher when they are generally crazy.

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 10:18 AM

9. "all the more reason for him to stay locked up"
In response to Reply # 6

you want him on a college campus or working in your mailroom once he is rehabilitated?

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 10:25 AM

12. "Yeah, but it's a balance. We can't lock everyone up just in case"
In response to Reply # 9

>you want him on a college campus or working in your mailroom
>once he is rehabilitated?

If we follow line of thinking someone diagnosed with the same disease has the same possibility of commuting the same crime, no?

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Sat Feb-13-16 02:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
23. "not only that he killed 4 of them then say and waited for pops"
In response to Reply # 3

like he had time to think of what the fuck he did. He was in the same house as 4 of his dead family members that he just killed. Did he think man I fucked up I should leave the scene. Or freak out and try to hide the body. Nope he sat in the fucking bathroom and waited for his dad to make sure everyone was dead. That is some sick shit there.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 10:41 AM

14. "This part tho:"
In response to Reply # 1

"""
A residential supervisor at Sequoyah Lodge, where Griego is undergoing treatment, said the 18-year-old had matured into a role model for other troubled boys, while one teacher described the teen as a thoughtful student despite having expressed racist viewpoints, a fascination with war and Nazi Germany, and the notion of absolute power.
"""

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 10:50 AM

15. "LOLZ! I missed that shit."
In response to Reply # 14

LOL. Gotta America

"HE'S BASICALLY CURED. Sure, he believes in the genocide of the people of jewish faith and all non-Caucasians, but who doesn't??"

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 11:02 AM

17. "In NM you can really go places with that on your resume. "
In response to Reply # 15

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 11:24 AM

19. "under the jail bruh..."
In response to Reply # 15

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 11:32 AM

20. "Yeah my bad. I missed his Junior Hitler Club Membership"
In response to Reply # 19

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 08:48 AM

2. "this is testing my faith in rehabilitation and it's making me wonder "
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-12-16 09:03 AM by BigJazz

how much revenge plays a part in how i feel about criminal justice...

*EDIT*

a public defender got him that deal. not a high priced big time lawyer. a public defender...

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 10:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "this is the part that really trips me out"
In response to Reply # 2

>a public defender got him that deal. not a high priced big
>time lawyer. a public defender...

by the end of this, homie won't even have served a decade for killing FIVE human beings.....

our system is jacked up

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

RaFromQueens
Member since Apr 18th 2006
19528 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 10:13 AM

7. "How about those teachers and psychiatrists are on the hook if he kills a..."
In response to Reply # 0

Kill 5 people two of them children and you DONT do life? Nah

---
"People that need positivity around them all the time are weak individuals in my book" - @lilduval

Castro
Charter member
50751 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 10:15 AM

8. "SKINFLUENZA"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------
One Hundred.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 10:21 AM

10. "It could be that he had a really really fucked up home life"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-12-16 10:22 AM by Atillah Moor

and I only say that because of his age. However, I'm almost certain the kid that killed his grandparents will get life or something.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 10:23 AM

11. "SoWhat, how would you approach this"
In response to Reply # 0

Or do you not work with sentencing?

http://krqe.com/2016/01/12/juvenile-or-adult-day-2-in-nehemiah-griego-hearing/

Also Tuesday in court, disturbing text messages were described between Griego and his then 12-year-old girlfriend before the murders. A detective said the messages reveal both Nehemiah and his girlfriend had plans to kill their parents, but she backed out.

The detective said Griego tells his girlfriend he’s feeling insane in the messages. The defense asked the detective Tuesday if the girlfriend seemed to be egging Griego on and he said yes.

The detective also said Griego sent a picture of his mother and brother after they were killed to prove he did it. He said the two teens then sent sexual texts to each other.

In the girlfriends initial police interview, the detective describes her as cold

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 10:53 AM

16. "this is really hard"
In response to Reply # 0

"He's getting better and deserves a
>chance."

I know that from a moral perspective, this is true. But it's very hard to reconcile that with the reality of him walking around free after killing his family. As much as he does deserve a chance, he likely won't really get one, and I can't really be mad at that. You reap what you sow.

d

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 11:11 AM

18. "But aspriing nazi career aside "
In response to Reply # 16
Fri Feb-12-16 11:13 AM by BigReg

> You reap what you sow.

if he truly has mental illness, he didn't necessarily sow anything; he wasn't control of his actions.

This is a really bad example when you dig deaper in the facts(lol, im still tripping off the fact they think he's fine besides his racist views), but the general idea remains the same

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 12:34 PM

21. "yeah"
In response to Reply # 18

>if he truly has mental illness, he didn't necessarily sow
>anything; he wasn't control of his actions.

again, that is true from a moral and literal perspective. if he was somehow a part of or connected to my life, i don't know if i'd be able to accept that...

we humans are a contradictory/complex bunch.

d

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20759 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 02:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
22. "Lol @ despite wanting to be a Nazi he's good. Fire those people"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #12972422 Previous topic | Next topic