Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12953036

Subject: "Male Birth Control At The Flick of a Switch" Previous topic | Next topic
WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17895 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 11:16 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Male Birth Control At The Flick of a Switch"

Y'all down for the light switch in ya balls or nah?

http://jezebel.com/german-man-invents-male-birth-control-that-can-literall-1751535115?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Imagine if there were a type of birth control that could be activated by a button. A German carpenter invented a device that sounds like it came straight from science fiction—male contraception that allows a man to turn his sperm flow off and on with just a flick of a switch.

Clemens Bimek first came up with the idea of a spermatic duct valve around 20 years ago while watching a documentary about contraception. According to German magazine Spiegel (via The Telegraph), Bimek filed a patent in 2000, then built the first prototype of the Bimek SLV in 2006. “Many of the doctors I consulted didn’t take me seriously. But there were some who encouraged me to go on tinkering and helped me with their expertise,” he said.

During a half-hour operation, tiny valves are implanted in the vas deferens and controlled by a switch that is easily accessed by hand through the scrotum skin. The Bimek SLV website describes the switch as being “as small as a gummy bear.” When the valve is closed, sperm cells are prevented from being released during ejaculation, leaving the seminal fluid sterile. The result is similar to a vasectomy, except the patient can allow the sperm to flow at any time whereas vasectomies sometimes cannot be reversed.

Some doctors have questioned the safety of the device. “My assessment is that implanting the valve could cause scarring where it meets the vas deferens,” Wolfgang Bühmann, spokesman for the Professional Association of German Urologists, said. He is concerned that potential scarring may prevent sperm from flowing even if the valve is switched open, and that the valve may become clogged if it is switched closed for too long.

So far, the only person who has tried the device is Bimek himself. Under local anesthetic, he was able to guide the surgeon during his own operation, which proved to be successful. The valve is set to be implanted in 25 men during trials starting this year.

cscpov.blogspot.com

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
The inventor really put his money where his mouth is...
Jan 07th 2016
his or his wifes. Bazinga!
Jan 07th 2016
i stopped reading at 'operation'
Jan 07th 2016
Nah. This is not my lane,, LOL
Jan 07th 2016
a gummy bear in your mouth is small yes...but implanted near your nuts
Jan 07th 2016
yup.
Jan 07th 2016
yeah, i read that and thought, "that's kinda big though."
Jan 07th 2016

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 11:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "The inventor really put his money where his mouth is..."
In response to Reply # 0

Tested it on himself first and guide the surgeons in his own operation

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49414 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 11:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "his or his wifes. Bazinga!"
In response to Reply # 1

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 11:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "i stopped reading at 'operation'"
In response to Reply # 0

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 11:25 AM

3. "Nah. This is not my lane,, LOL"
In response to Reply # 0

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 11:27 AM

4. "a gummy bear in your mouth is small yes...but implanted near your nuts"
In response to Reply # 0

that could be a major disconcerting issue.....

"Get ready..for your blessing..."

tariqhu
Charter member
17890 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 11:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "yup. "
In response to Reply # 4

don't need any extra contraptions in your sack.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 01:04 PM

7. "yeah, i read that and thought, "that's kinda big though.""
In response to Reply # 4

i dunno about this, but i plan on getting the snip and making my switch permanently on "off" so i'm not their target.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12953036 Previous topic | Next topic