Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12946014

Subject: "I'm a serious person but I don't take life that serious; makes sense?" Previous topic | Next topic
FILF
Member since Jun 01st 2007
20180 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 02:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I'm a serious person but I don't take life that serious; makes sense?"

I find that people have a hard time understanding what am about b/c I'm an outlier & don't share the same perspective on life as the majority of my peers (guys under 30 living in a big city).

"I'm a serious person": that means I'm on time for appointments, get the task done on time (I rarely procrastinate), don't waste people's time, treat everyone with respect, I'm not a slob (I'm organized & clean up after myself), I don't sleep through meetings/lectures, I don't waste money (I'm not impulsive), I'm pretty much a square (don't drink/smoke or do drugs, EVER), I eat clean & exercise regularly, I always floss, lol....basically, "Type A" personality shyt.

"I don't take life that serious": that means I'm atheist so I don't suck off Jesus (lol), I don't care about marriage/starting a family, I don't plan fun time (folks take this seriously but I just let it happen), I don't care much about holidays/birthdays (I'm not a celebratory nigga), I don't care much about friendships (yeah, I'm hella introverted), I don't cry my eyes out when someone dies, I don't worship celebrities/athletes, I've always been single & never cared about dating, I don't care about getting rich, I'm not materialistic (don't care about brands/car models), I dress for comfort not to impress (my casual outfit is basketball shorts/sandals), I have no issues squashing beef as long as it's mutual, I'm not quick to post "RIP" when some disaster strikes, I don't want to live past 75 (I can't be a do nothing retiree), I've a receding hair line but it doesn't bother me (I've no issues rocking a buzzed hair look unlike my peers), I live w/ the results after I put in the work (you won't find me dwelling over an outcome although I might break a window the moment I find out, I'm human)......basically I give a fuck but then I don't give a fuck.

WHAT'S GOOD *****? What's REALLY good?!?!????!!! Ha HA!
http://40.media.tumblr.com/d8e2daf9f3f37244cd05436bcdf05973/tumblr_mt4qibKq4c1rgam01o1_1280.png

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Geez!! You sound miserable as shit.
Dec 20th 2015
That's actually something I expect to hear from a country nigga!
Dec 20th 2015
      im just as proud of being a ''country nigga'' (if you can't tell from th...
Dec 20th 2015
           Live & let live, getting random box ain't my thing but enjoy
Dec 20th 2015
What the hell do you care about?
Dec 20th 2015
I'm a curious person & I find a lot of things in life to be interesting
Dec 20th 2015
some people don't care enough to be miserable...
Dec 20th 2015
      So you're the sexy handicapped chick?........ I kid...I kid
Dec 20th 2015
           No, do you make an effort to say something mildly jerky to everyone
Dec 20th 2015
                ndibs, why so serious? (Didn't mean any harm, I was just being goofy)
Dec 20th 2015
                     I'm not offended or serious.
Dec 21st 2015
                          RE: I'm not offended or serious.
Dec 21st 2015
Your examples of not taking life serious are horrible.
Dec 20th 2015
LoL, tell that to the masses
Dec 20th 2015
      Yea it sounds like ur just existing
Dec 21st 2015
I can identify with a lot of that
Dec 20th 2015
So bascially the fat white dude that goes overseas for sex tourism, j/k
Dec 20th 2015
I see those guys and they confuse me
Dec 21st 2015
a guy who doesn't care about sex and or relationships is weird to me.
Dec 20th 2015
Again, it's something I could live with or without
Dec 20th 2015
      Same shit. It's just distractions from living...
Dec 20th 2015
           I ain't got the patience for relationship drama
Dec 20th 2015
                Reasonable. Your brand of humour is not for everyone.
Dec 21st 2015
                     You 2 sound perfect for each other
Dec 21st 2015
a guy who doesn't care about sex and or relationships is weird to me.
Dec 20th 2015
      you're right though i don't think it's just guys
Dec 21st 2015
EYE, EYE, EYE...j/k
Dec 20th 2015
That's why EYE was banging her, because EYE don't want to be with her!
Dec 20th 2015
Well that escalated quickly
Dec 20th 2015
Dec 20th 2015
LMAO @ the alias
Dec 20th 2015
that was pretty funny
Dec 21st 2015
yooo! that episode was crazy
Dec 21st 2015
life is serious but I joke a lot to keep my mind off of it
Dec 20th 2015
People actually refer to me as an "old soul" so it's not immaturity
Dec 20th 2015
      yeah that is the part that resonates with me
Dec 21st 2015

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 04:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Geez!! You sound miserable as shit. "
In response to Reply # 0

FILF
20180 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 05:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "That's actually something I expect to hear from a country nigga!"
In response to Reply # 1

Miserable?...Actually it's rather liberating when you take the seriousness out of life as much as possible. I don't make myself feel miserable, it's other folks who don't "get it" that make my life miserable thus I tend to keep to myself.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/d8e2daf9f3f37244cd05436bcdf05973/tumblr_mt4qibKq4c1rgam01o1_1280.png

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 07:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "im just as proud of being a ''country nigga'' (if you can't tell from th..."
In response to Reply # 7
Sun Dec-20-15 07:28 PM by Big Kuntry

screen name) as you are wit bein a weirdo ass nigga.

Keep rooting for us on the sideline while the rest of us get random box &
enjoy life, while you wither away & become that lonely old man in apt. 4B
that smells like soup.

FILF
20180 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 07:23 PM

16. "Live & let live, getting random box ain't my thing but enjoy"
In response to Reply # 15

>screen name) as you are wit bein a weirdo ass nigga.
>
>Keep rooting for us on the sideline while the rest of us get
>random box &
>enjoy life, while you whither away & become that lonely old
>man in apt. 4B
>that smells like soup.

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15895 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 05:00 PM

2. "What the hell do you care about?"
In response to Reply # 0

It's easy to list what you don't care about.
But if you don't have anything you care about, you a miserable person like dude up top said

FILF
20180 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 06:22 PM

8. "I'm a curious person & I find a lot of things in life to be interesting"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm more interested studying life more so than being part of the sideshow.

You could lock me in solitary confinement, give me a laptop/internet access & I'm good. Just let me out for an hour to exercise & get fresh air/sunlight.

I'm must be sick in the head but I don't care much about being around other people. I don't necessarily hate people, it's just that I can live with you but I can also live without you. The whole "humans are social animals" narrative doesn't apply to me.

Disclaimer: I don't have any childhood trauma or social anxiety, no history of depression or anything like that.

ndibs
Member since Aug 06th 2012
12715 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 06:41 PM

11. "some people don't care enough to be miserable..."
In response to Reply # 2
Sun Dec-20-15 06:43 PM by ndibs

i went blind in my left eye when i was 25. it was surgically repaired but only sort of.

gives a person a lot of perspective.

i can't think of anytthing besides losing my freedom or health that would have me miserable.

and it would have to be a major health issue like going blind in BOTH eyes permanently.

FILF
20180 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 07:09 PM

13. "So you're the sexy handicapped chick?........ I kid...I kid "
In response to Reply # 11

>i went blind in my left eye when i was 25. it was surgically
>repaired but only sort of.
>
>gives a person a lot of perspective.
>
>i can't think of anytthing besides losing my freedom or health
>that would have me miserable.
>
>and it would have to be a major health issue like going blind
>in BOTH eyes permanently.

ndibs
12715 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 09:49 PM

21. "No, do you make an effort to say something mildly jerky to everyone "
In response to Reply # 13

In social settings like you are in this post?

FILF
20180 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 10:11 PM

23. "ndibs, why so serious? (Didn't mean any harm, I was just being goofy)"
In response to Reply # 21

I just assumed you were over the loss of your eyesight after a decade or so but I guess you found my humor to be crass.

ndibs
12715 posts
Mon Dec-21-15 12:20 AM

26. "I'm not offended or serious."
In response to Reply # 23
Mon Dec-21-15 12:28 AM by ndibs

I just did not get your sense of humour.

FILF
20180 posts
Mon Dec-21-15 12:45 AM

28. "RE: I'm not offended or serious."
In response to Reply # 26

>I just did not get your sense of humour.

Basically, according to OKP you're an attractive single lady & there is an old joke about attractive handicapped chicks being single so I was playing off that when you mentioned that you were blind in one eye.

DJPoke
Member since May 14th 2008
1285 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 05:02 PM

3. "Your examples of not taking life serious are horrible."
In response to Reply # 0

FILF
20180 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 05:48 PM

6. "LoL, tell that to the masses"
In response to Reply # 3

It's really subjective but my generalizations are based on what I hear for others when those matters are brought up.

Not wanting marriage, not dressing up, not celebrating every so called "milestone", not wanting to live for as long as possible, lack of spirituality, not chasing money or brand names in America...etc are generally associated with people who don't give a fuck about life no matter how stupid that view might be to you personally.

DJPoke
Member since May 14th 2008
1285 posts
Mon Dec-21-15 11:36 AM

30. "Yea it sounds like ur just existing "
In response to Reply # 6

Do you tho. You like it I luv it

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 05:07 PM

4. "I can identify with a lot of that"
In response to Reply # 0

My attitude is "If we're doing it, we're doing it" and "buy the ticket, take the ride." By that I mean that I don't have to constantly be engaged in any particular thing or concept--structure, ambition, excitement, leisure, whatever--but if I am in it I am going to follow through and do things in a way that is productive, respectful, and I guess "correct."

I also find it easy to converse with people and kind of understand them but I don't identify with very many people at all.

I do like pussy a lot and I do like money a lot but I don't have major, well-defined goals with either. As long as I can live comfortably, eat well, have decent health and get laid, I am pretty happy. I do collect stuff, like I have more shoes and jerseys and clothes in general than I could wear in my lifetime. But I don't care much about having a fancy car or showing out in general; my collections are personal if not functional.

So we are different in some ways (obviously) but similar in many others from what I read in the OP. At least I understand what you mean but being a serious person that isn't that serious. It's sort of like being moral without being religious. That is the most annoying argument to me from the God squad, that if you don't have God, you cannot have morality. The best (read: worst) part is that they seem so certain when they say it. I think that kind of "Escape from Freedom" mentality has basically stunted the immense potential of humanity.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

FILF
20180 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 06:29 PM

10. "So bascially the fat white dude that goes overseas for sex tourism, j/k"
In response to Reply # 4

>I do like pussy a lot and I do like money a lot but I don't
>have major, well-defined goals with either. As long as I can
>live comfortably, eat well, have decent health and get laid, I
>am pretty happy.

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Mon Dec-21-15 12:09 PM

32. "I see those guys and they confuse me"
In response to Reply # 10

It's a classic question of "What do you do when do what you want?" (c) Henry Rollins. A lot of them have money, whether it's just enough or an actual surplus, and they have a ton of free time. They are all oversexed and in a lot of cases into other vices like gambling or drugs also. They can all stay up late and sleep late. In theory it's everything you wanted as an adult when you were like 14 or 15 lol. But in application most of them are bored and often kind of sad. I think deep down they know they have turned their backs on things that matter and as much pleasure as they have access to, fulfillment is hard to come by.

ndibs
12715 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 06:49 PM

"a guy who doesn't care about sex and or relationships is weird to me."

....i think this is becoming more common

seems like the current millenial generation is more interested in netflix and sitting on the couch texting than dating though.

i'd much rather be fucking than texting, but every guy i come across seems to just want to text. could be me though.

FILF
20180 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 07:16 PM

14. "Again, it's something I could live with or without"
In response to Reply # 0

>i'd much rather be fucking than texting, but every guy i come
>across seems to just want to text. could be me though.

I'm not a texting/Netflix nigga, actually far from it. I'm a nerd that reads stuff or watches documentaries. Imagine me as the "hawt" reclusive dude that you pass by regularly but doesn't say shyt & goes about his business.

I'm young, healthy, in shape & have a normal sex drive. Shyt, I would be smashing twice a day if I ever found a chick that "understood me" but I'm tired of explaining myself to people. **HANG HEAD**

ndibs
12715 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 09:55 PM

22. "Same shit. It's just distractions from living..."
In response to Reply # 14

FILF
20180 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 10:14 PM

24. "I ain't got the patience for relationship drama"
In response to Reply # 22

If I do find the proverbial "soulmate" then cool otherwise I got other distractions to keep me busy.

ndibs
12715 posts
Mon Dec-21-15 12:30 AM

27. "Reasonable. Your brand of humour is not for everyone. "
In response to Reply # 24

Most girls would not enjoy constant random digs like the ones you handed out in this post.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79919 posts
Mon Dec-21-15 07:03 AM

29. "You 2 sound perfect for each other"
In response to Reply # 27

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

ndibs
12715 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 06:49 PM

12. "a guy who doesn't care about sex and or relationships is weird to me."
In response to Reply # 4

....i think this is becoming more common

seems like the current millenial generation is more interested in netflix and sitting on the couch texting than dating though.

i'd much rather be fucking than texting, but every guy i come across seems to just want to text. could be me though.

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Mon Dec-21-15 12:05 PM

31. "you're right though i don't think it's just guys"
In response to Reply # 12

maybe more so with men than women because i knew fewer serial relationship-pers who are men and fewer (but not many fewer) men who are dependent on being in a relationship. but i think there is an increase in withdrawal and simulation for both men and women in today's society. this notion that "it's better than real, it's a real imitation." people choosing video games over activity, porn over sex, celebrity gossip over socialization, fantasy over reality, etc.

personally i definitely care about sex and i enjoy being in a relationship. but i am not going to push it unnecessarily. i think you can err toward fantasy or, at the other end of the spectrum, veer toward delusion if you're too pressed. i don't get these people who end one relationship and just go right into another, often with zero down time (they start with the second person as they're ending with the first).

legsdiamond
79919 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 05:11 PM

5. "EYE, EYE, EYE...j/k"
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

FILF
20180 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 06:23 PM

9. "That's why EYE was banging her, because EYE don't want to be with her!"
In response to Reply # 5

DavidHasselhoff
Charter member
11451 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 07:26 PM

17. "Well that escalated quickly"
In response to Reply # 0

drugs
Charter member
9149 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 08:48 PM

18. "..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.scaredstiffreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/timeenoughatlast.jpg

FILF
20180 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 09:31 PM

19. "LMAO @ the alias"
In response to Reply # 18

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Mon Dec-21-15 12:10 PM

33. "that was pretty funny"

legsdiamond
79919 posts
Mon Dec-21-15 12:13 PM

34. "yooo! that episode was crazy"

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 09:39 PM

20. "life is serious but I joke a lot to keep my mind off of it"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Dec-20-15 09:42 PM by atruhead

what you're describing sounds like you may not want to deal with the pressures of "normalcy" (dating, friendships, mourning loss, developing a fashion sense) or that you're ill-equipped

grown up life is real and not for everyone

FILF
20180 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 10:18 PM

25. "People actually refer to me as an "old soul" so it's not immaturity"
In response to Reply # 20

>what you're describing sounds like you may not want to deal
>with the pressures of "normalcy" (dating, friendships,
>mourning loss, developing a fashion sense) or that you're
>ill-equipped
>
>grown up life is real and not for everyone

It's not that I want to live life like your stereotypical teenager but rather I just don't give a fuck about most of the shyt associated w/ "growing up".

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Mon Dec-21-15 12:13 PM

35. "yeah that is the part that resonates with me"
In response to Reply # 25

all the things you're "supposed to do" in society sound like major commitments that will just chew up the precious hours of life. but i don't want to fuck off those same hours getting stoned, eating cheetos and playing call of duty in a filthy ass dorm room either.

it's not that unusual, i have met a lot of people working in sports, politics and academia who have taken that route. i do think some of them regret it when they are older. my buddy is a lobbyist and he never got married or had kids, now that he's turned 50 he regrets it a lot. i knew another guy who was a strategist who did the same thing and he still loves it. he just decided family life wasn't for him. now he is super successful professionally, still finds time to see a couple hundred new films a year and he is a two handicap. different strokes, i guess.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12946014 Previous topic | Next topic