Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12935159

Subject: "2015 has been the best year of my life. I've never been so thankful. " Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44831 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 12:22 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"2015 has been the best year of my life. I've never been so thankful. "
Thu Nov-26-15 12:23 AM by Cold Truth

-Things weren't looking so hot at the job at the beginning of this year. Fortunately a good friend pulled a string and got me a transfer that been repeatedly denied until she got involved. I've been on a VERY strong uptick since then. Every metric has seen a massive improvement. Long story short, that's what the fuck happens when people stop fucking with me and just let me do my work. Shit I've even started getting awards. All of this is particularly satisfying as it validates every ignored issue I tried in vain to address at the old office.

-**Before I left, I successfully coached one of our translators (classified as an office assistant, not making much) into a significant upgrade to my position and then into a position higher than mine. By "coaching", I helped shore up her interview and resume skills because our department has a very particular interview style. She wrote a letter on my behalf about this. I helped a friend improve her stature in a huge way. That's a blessing.

-My wife also promoted this year. In fact, we're now in the same office. This likely wouldn't work for many but for us it's been great.

-My wife gave birth to our son in April, our second. Going in I feared I wouldn't feel that same love as when we had our daughter, in part due to the seeming impossibility of how that emotion could ever be replicated, but also due to the incessantly stupid remarks about how "it's different when it's daddies girl". Soon as he arrived that emotion rushed me and never left. Plus, we had previously been told my wife miscarried so this was an extra bit of emotional triumph.

-WE GOT OUR HOUSE. We moved in the first week of November. Selling the previous house turned out to be a mess but we're done and moved in, though not entirely settled.

Now is where things get a little poetic and some things come full circle. We moved back to my hometown. The development we moved into is fairly new, built in 06. I delivered pizza to this neighborhood at the time and I was so envious because this wasn't you're run of the mill So Cal orange roof housing tract. It's only two streets deep and surrounded by apartments and a railroad track but it's a nice as neighborhood. I LOVED this place, wished to god I could live in a place like this someday. Well, here I am. It's weird but damn does it feel amazing. I'll post some pics once we're a little more settled.

-MY GRANDMOTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER. Not blood, but a very critical person in my life. I've lost several of those already. She was on her deathbed a few months ago. At one point she flatlined. She was in ICU for several weeks. My aunt inadvertently saved her life by being emotional and reckless, I'll spare that story since this is already long, but she pulled through and actually went HOME. We all thought she would be gone at any moment.

I told her she wasn't allowed to go anywhere because she hadn't met my son or visited my new house (we actually had the new house at the time, but still hadn't sold the old house to pay for it yet). She'll be joining us for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.
Apparently she's very excited and so am I.

The last two are such an incredible tandem of events for me. I have the honor of hosting this wonderful woman took me in as a teenage runaway in my new home for Thanksgiving dinner. It's difficult to find a way to overemphasize how amazing that is to me. There aren't enough words.

That said it's been a fantastic 2015 in the CT household. How about you?

-Sig-

“Why didn’t you do this in your own god damn country?"

-All Stah's view on undocumented immigrants wanting to be treated like human beings.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Good for you, man
Nov 26th 2015
Feel free to add your own
Nov 26th 2015
i'm glad for you man, even though you had playa hated on me before
Nov 26th 2015
Good stuff, man.
Nov 26th 2015
show it on the boards, stop spazzing and disrespecting women and
Nov 26th 2015
I'll gladly help you derail some other thread with your bait. Not this o...
Nov 26th 2015
He's right.
Nov 26th 2015
      Naw. Y'all ignore context at all times.
Nov 26th 2015
           didnt she call you an undercover dick lover?
Nov 26th 2015
Nov 26th 2015
                Oh boy here we go....
Nov 26th 2015
                     nah man, just trying to show context...lol
Nov 26th 2015
seriously? save that for another thread negro
Nov 26th 2015
      The fuck are u? I can post what I want when and where I want
Nov 27th 2015
           kept it real, huh? i guess you feel like a real man now
Nov 27th 2015
                lol... i keeps it realz
Nov 27th 2015
Great to hear!!!!!!
Nov 26th 2015
hey man i am glad to hear it, enjoy it
Nov 26th 2015
Thanks!
Nov 26th 2015
Good stuff. Nice to hear positive stuff on the boards
Nov 26th 2015
i want to type something like 'i hope you die in a fatal accident.'
Nov 26th 2015
I'm just here for the victory celebration. *passes you a Corona*
Nov 26th 2015
please ignore anyone trying to throw you off in here
Nov 26th 2015
Lol this is rich
Nov 27th 2015
      lol
Nov 27th 2015
      Lmao
Nov 27th 2015
      Im able to engage trolls without losing my cool
Nov 27th 2015
You've come a long way, man.
Nov 27th 2015
cheers brother
Nov 27th 2015
That's awesome.
Nov 27th 2015
LMAO...i forgot who this nigga was.
Nov 27th 2015
That's precisely the sort of ego tantrum that prompted the sig
Nov 27th 2015
Word. Glad to hear this, man.
Nov 27th 2015
Great read. Good to hear you're doing better.
Nov 27th 2015
Congratulations! I hope major doors keep opening for you.
Nov 27th 2015
Glad youre doing well, hope 2016 is even better
Nov 27th 2015
Im happy for you :-)
Nov 27th 2015

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 01:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Good for you, man"
In response to Reply # 0

Congrats

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 01:32 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Feel free to add your own"
In response to Reply # 1

-Sig-

-All Stah's view on undocumented immigrants wanting to be treated like human beings.

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 02:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "i'm glad for you man, even though you had playa hated on me before"
In response to Reply # 0

i ain't never tripped and wish you all the best.

everyday is a good day because its a gift period and i takes nothing for granted. i stay humble through it all peace.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Seven
Member since Dec 11th 2004
10708 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 09:03 AM

4. "Good stuff, man. "
In response to Reply # 0

blkprinceMD05
Member since Nov 29th 2004
41323 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 09:07 AM

5. "show it on the boards, stop spazzing and disrespecting women and "
In response to Reply # 0

Telling ppl to kill themselves. Spread ur "joy"

prototype

stand ur ground, believe in urself,
believe in love, prepare urself for love, remove the negativity from ur life, and accept the love u kno u deserve

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 10:57 AM

6. "I'll gladly help you derail some other thread with your bait. Not this o..."
In response to Reply # 5

Bye.

-Sig-

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 11:17 AM

7. "He's right. "
In response to Reply # 6

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 11:28 AM

8. "Naw. Y'all ignore context at all times. "
In response to Reply # 7

I don't see you telling the ONE person I tell to off himself to leave me alone. Yet, here you and passive aggressive prince tell it, it's "people", not that one guy. The lone exception was homegirl who flipped out on me and even then I saw the emotional meltdown and assumed it was Beetlejuice.

I didn't see you tell her not to disrespect me with her wildly disproportionate rant in response to me merely telling her that her logic was bad.

Every last person I supposedly "spaz" on? Yeah. They're giving as good is I am.

These are readily viewable facts you and P.A. Prince historically choose to ignore in your biased efforts to police me.

So no, he's not remotely right.

-Sig-

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79559 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 12:03 PM

10. "didnt she call you an undercover dick lover?"
In response to Reply # 8
Thu Nov-26-15 12:10 PM by legsdiamond

I mean... that was harsh.

ignore them bruh, this was a great post. Glad to hear life is working out well this year.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 12:07 PM

11. "."
In response to Reply # 10
Thu Nov-26-15 12:09 PM by legsdiamond

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 12:40 PM

13. "Oh boy here we go...."
In response to Reply # 10

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 12:44 PM

15. "nah man, just trying to show context...lol"
In response to Reply # 13

they bring it up like he just spazzed for no reason.

let me shut up tho.. it's supposed to be a positive post.

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 08:21 PM

20. "seriously? save that for another thread negro"
In response to Reply # 5

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

blkprinceMD05
41323 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 01:37 AM

23. "The fuck are u? I can post what I want when and where I want"
In response to Reply # 20

I kept it real. When u post on an open forum u open urself up to any response. Oh well.

prototype

believe in love, prepare urself for love, remove the negativity from ur life, and accept the love u kno u deserve

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 05:25 AM

25. "kept it real, huh? i guess you feel like a real man now"
In response to Reply # 23

So you're no longer needed here.

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 01:37 PM

36. "lol... i keeps it realz"
In response to Reply # 25

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13955 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 11:39 AM

9. "Great to hear!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

yes!!!!!

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 12:36 PM

12. "hey man i am glad to hear it, enjoy it"
In response to Reply # 0

Like most amazing things
It's easy to miss and easy to mistake
For when things are really great
It just means everything's in its place

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 12:40 PM

14. "Thanks! "
In response to Reply # 12

-Sig-

Ted Gee Seal
Member since Apr 18th 2007
10091 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 04:39 PM

16. "Good stuff. Nice to hear positive stuff on the boards"
In response to Reply # 0

Just IMO though.

Kwesi
Member since Jan 11th 2004
7370 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 06:30 PM

17. "i want to type something like 'i hope you die in a fatal accident.'"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Nov-26-15 06:31 PM by Kwesi

just so you can see how dumb that shit is when you type it to me.

are you able to finally admit that you REALLY don't want me to die?

and that these are all jokes?

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28842 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 06:50 PM

18. "I'm just here for the victory celebration. *passes you a Corona*"
In response to Reply # 0

Peace to you and your family. It's great to see someone truly win. I would never move back home because it's not a wholesome place with an excellent business environment and opportunities for young professionals.

>That said it's been a fantastic 2015 in the CT household. How
>about you?
>

It's too early to call this year for me.

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Thu Nov-26-15 07:51 PM

19. "please ignore anyone trying to throw you off in here "
In response to Reply # 0

blkprinceMD05
41323 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 01:38 AM

24. "Lol this is rich "
In response to Reply # 19

prototype

guru0509
Charter member
45342 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 12:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
32. "lol"
In response to Reply # 24

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 12:54 PM

33. "Lmao "

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 01:06 PM

35. "Im able to engage trolls without losing my cool"

I wanted dude to have his moment without it becoming a clusterfuck, yall love to see him melt down and prod him trying to make it happen

for the record Im neutral and not taking sides

The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 12:08 AM

21. "You've come a long way, man."
In response to Reply # 0

I can remember years ago when you felt like life was kicking you in the balls. Glad to hear of your turn around, man.

Since 1976

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 12:29 AM

22. "cheers brother"
In response to Reply # 0

hope 2016 is just as good

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 07:49 AM

26. "That's awesome."
In response to Reply # 0

Love to hear that about your guest for Thanksgiving dinner. Cheers

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 08:27 AM

27. "LMAO...i forgot who this nigga was. "
In response to Reply # 0

so, I'm reading this shit and i get to the very end and i'm bout to type some shit like "happy for you, dogg...hope you and your receive more blessings"...THEN, i see the bamma sig and my face scrunched up like shit.

LMAO...whatever. HAPPY for you, dogg. I hope you and your receive more blessings for the remainder of this year and many more in the next.

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 12:35 PM

30. "That's precisely the sort of ego tantrum that prompted the sig"
In response to Reply # 27

I honestly I never meant to leave it up this long and in the spirit of the holiday I'm going to remove it.

Have a good one.

-Sig-

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 11:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
28. "Word. Glad to hear this, man."
In response to Reply # 0

I can say that 2015 has been a better year than many recent ones for myself as well.

Without going into all the details, from 2011 forward, it has been a slow but steady descent into darkness. I believe I removed myself even from here for over a year's time, when it was at its worst.

At the end of last year however, two friends of mine that I met hereabouts were in town, and I decided to come out of reclusion to meet up with them. I realized I hadn't seen either of them in 5 years.

Struggling to get through the workday was enough for me. I made some real life changes. Come April of this year, I was recognizing the guy in the mirror again. The wind was at my back, and I finally stopped wasting the sunshine when it was around.

I've been to Boston (for work), to DC, to all of the towns I used to call home. All within the span of the last 3 months. Met a number of y'all here, and it was just a great feeling.

The little things don't bother me the way they used to. Life seems manageable, liveable.

I feel like happiness is something that can actually exist now.

Total 180 from last year.

Cold Truth
44831 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 02:05 PM

37. "Great read. Good to hear you're doing better."
In response to Reply # 28

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 11:54 AM

29. "Congratulations! I hope major doors keep opening for you."
In response to Reply # 0

guru0509
Charter member
45342 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 12:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
31. "Glad youre doing well, hope 2016 is even better"
In response to Reply # 0

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Nov-27-15 01:05 PM

34. "Im happy for you :-)"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't have any thing to complain about...

Lobby General Discussion topic #12935159 Previous topic | Next topic