Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12932411

Subject: "Ask the Doc.." Previous topic | Next topic
ProletariatX
Member since Apr 19th 2006
7910 posts
Thu Nov-19-15 05:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Ask the Doc.."

This is the first time I have been this idle since started Internship... So go ahead and ask me something.

To be young and not be revolutionary is a contradiction of biology....

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Ask the Doc..
Nov 19th 2015
Well today I feel good...
Nov 19th 2015
Still in Cuba?
Nov 19th 2015
I moved back home..
Nov 19th 2015
I'm thinking of burning everything & starting over. Oldest student you s...
Nov 19th 2015

normal35762
Member since Oct 20th 2004
13246 posts
Thu Nov-19-15 06:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Ask the Doc.."
In response to Reply # 0

What up folks. Ever been to Brazil before?

You like rotis?

ProletariatX
7910 posts
Thu Nov-19-15 06:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Well today I feel good..."
In response to Reply # 1

Well rested because tomorrow I'm bout to discharge everything with a pulse I want a good weekend call.

Brasil is on my bucket list especially since messing with some of their women.. Muito bem is all I got to say

Of course I love Roti (stereotypical West Indian).. I love roti, love anything involving Rum and Soca.. The street there are like 3 roti joints within 5 blocks of the hospital I work at, some of them deliver there too lol.

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15895 posts
Thu Nov-19-15 06:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Still in Cuba?"
In response to Reply # 0

How difficult is it to go to med school in Cuba and get a residency in the US?

I know some of the students from Caribbean schools have difficulty. Is is moreso for a Cuban school?

ProletariatX
7910 posts
Thu Nov-19-15 06:27 PM

4. "I moved back home.."
In response to Reply # 3

I got offered an internship here.. I wanted to come home and help my mom a bit before going off to residency. An engagement falling through and not really being sure what specialty to do is another reason and I still have 2CS pending before I can match so I am home.

I know the U.S students who went for the match last cycle from Cuba all matched in the U.S.. I don't know how it would be if I try if not then there is Trinidad or Jamaica in my case so I'm not overly stressed about it. I think being bilingual gives you an edge in some places. Most of the people from my year are doing interviews not and things seem to be going well for them.

The Internship here is crazy though they just throw you in the deep end.. I manage two wards when I'm on-call solo. the second on call normally goes home at the end of the work day. I literally started work Monday here and was getting called for code blues that night and the second was nowhere to be found Wtf.. I just finished med school like last week lol. great for learning how to handle yourself clinically with no safety net but a phone and a cranky sleep deprived second and third on-call..

I would say it seems easy enough getting to Cuba to school.. Well at least from my country it is. I'm not sure how it is for the U.S students joining the program but they are there.

supablak
Charter member
7795 posts
Thu Nov-19-15 08:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "I'm thinking of burning everything & starting over. Oldest student you s..."
In response to Reply # 0

In med school, there in Cuba?

Seriously

Also, you aiight?
Congrats

s.blak
ISAAC

keep: looking,searching,seeking,finding

Lobby General Discussion topic #12932411 Previous topic | Next topic