Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12927959

Subject: "The Christmas Sweepstakes post: There are a ton right now" Previous topic | Next topic
Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35861 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 11:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Christmas Sweepstakes post: There are a ton right now"
Fri Nov-13-15 11:35 AM by Damali

For those that don't know, i'm the Sweepstakes Queen. I don't enter them as much as I used to, but from 2004 -2007, i won ALOT of shit, including 3 trips (1 to Japan), a 46 inch HDTV, sports tickets, cash, gift cards etc

anyway, this time of year is the best cuz there are SO many Christmas ones. If you see them when you're out and about in malls, stores etc, enter them.

this is the site i use: www.online-sweepstakes.com. it's free. you can see sweeps by category and enter them. i subscribe to the website for $30/year to access premium sweeps (because i've won so much from that site that i feel its the least i can give back LOL), but it's not necessary to do that. there are plenty that may interest you that you don't need to pay to see. an aside: that site has the happiest message boards you will ever see in your life...everybody is just posting about amazing shit they have won...cars, trips etc. it's crazy. and inspiring. nobody is mad at anyone LOL

3 important tips:

1. entering sweeps generates some spam. use a separate email account for when you enter sweeps and set up a filter on that account with the words "congratulations" and "winner". that way if you do win something, it's easier to find the notification

2. make sure to uncheck any pre-checked opt-in boxes on the entry form, which will help cut down on newsletter spam

3. all sweeps have a "no purchase required" rule. so even if something seems like you have to buy something to enter, you really don't...read the official rules and it will tell you how to enter without purchasing anything. often times it may required that you send an email to the sweeps or mail an SASE...most people don't take the time to do that (including me) so technically your odds of winning are even better if you do.

if you have any questions, reach out. i've won alot of stuff so I like spreading the joy.

d

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i would love to win some stuff...
Nov 13th 2015
it's fun. especially random wins in the mail.
Nov 13th 2015
I'm trying to win another trip. Another good board is
Nov 13th 2015
omg yes me too
Nov 13th 2015
      I didn't make a new IG, I just only enter
Nov 13th 2015
While winning would be incredible for someone like me...
Nov 13th 2015

luminous
Charter member
12475 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 11:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i would love to win some stuff..."
In response to Reply # 0

--
Sometimes you have to look reality in the face and say 'No!'
-Ben (Reaper)

If you need any help, don't. Hesitate to ask.

Damali
35861 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 12:08 PM

2. "it's fun. especially random wins in the mail."
In response to Reply # 1

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 12:41 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I'm trying to win another trip. Another good board is "
In response to Reply # 0

slickdeals.net

they post an incredible amount of sweeps and other things. this site is also free. one thing tho, they aren't as rigid as some other sites, so you will see instances of ppl talking about cheating (which sucks. They RUINED McDonalds Monopoly and the Taco Bell PS4 game).

I notice sweeps have been drying up. I haven't won anything good in a long time (I did win a $50 gift card to Zara on IG though)

Another suggestion is to create an alternative twitter and IG account for sweeping. Twitter contests are way more popular now and they seem easier to win especially from smaller companies.

Damali
35861 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 02:32 PM

4. "omg yes me too"
In response to Reply # 3

, so you will see instances of ppl talking
>about cheating (which sucks. They RUINED McDonalds Monopoly
>and the Taco Bell PS4 game).

yeah that kinda stuff makes me mad..i mean i think giving out answers to trivia questions is fine so that everyone can enter (which is still kinda cheating i guess)...but the collusion stuff is way worse, imo. And i won't enter anything that requires me to ask people for votes or writing an essay that will be judged

>I notice sweeps have been drying up. I haven't won anything
>good in a long time (I did win a $50 gift card to Zara on IG
>though)

yeah or that way more people are entering so it's harder to win..and i enter alot less. i used to do hundreds a day. two weeks ago i won a $250 Amex gift card, but i had to go to the most ratchet Bravo supermarket to pick it up. the manager did NOT want to part with it and was asking me to spend it in the store lol. a couple months ago, it was $250 in Stop and Shop gift cards...we've been eating good off sweepstakes lol

>Another suggestion is to create an alternative twitter and IG
>account for sweeping. Twitter contests are way more popular
>now and they seem easier to win especially from smaller
>companies.

excellent idea! i tend to avoid twitter and IG sweeps because of this.

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 02:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "I didn't make a new IG, I just only enter"
In response to Reply # 4

the ones that are like "comment below with..." and that's it. I hate the repost to win ones because it's literally just free promotion for companies.

The Taco Bell one had ppl just entering with a bunch of fake emails because they were giving away a PS4 every 10 min so ppl would just keep entering all day until they won. I hated it so much because ppl bragged.

I do have another twitter but I rarely use it. I'm not big on twitter contests but I have won several things from credits for Zipcar (like $50 credits) to free concert tickets ( I got to see Prince for free on my birthday because of a twitter contest!).

I did win a trip earlier this year with the 40 shades of grey contest (i could see it in NYC or LA) but i opted to stay in NYC because I had just came back from my birthday trip. I think some have dried up and yes, it is more ppl playing.

Moonlit_Force
Member since Oct 10th 2005
8643 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 03:32 PM

6. "While winning would be incredible for someone like me..."
In response to Reply # 0

...who's only played the lottery once (and that's because my momma made
me do it)... this also sounds exhausting.

My *actual* email addy has 7000+ unread items in its inbox smh.

That being said, winning would be worth the "trouble" and would
provide R&R to aid in the exhaustion...

*reconsiders links provided*

Good looking out, 'Mali!

Lobby General Discussion topic #12927959 Previous topic | Next topic