Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12927912

Subject: "Whitlock: "The white liberal, Ta-Nehisi Coates-quoting mafia declar..." Previous topic | Next topic
murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 10:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Whitlock: "The white liberal, Ta-Nehisi Coates-quoting mafia declar..."
Fri Nov-13-15 10:52 AM by murph71

Uncle Ruckus goes in on Mizzou students, football players and damn near everyone in spitting distance....Oh, and he still has Ta-Nehisi Coates in his mouth...He makes a few interesting points (such as the connection between mass incarceration and horrific violence in concentrated, economically deprived 'hoods like in the Chi....) But he trying too hard for MASSA on this one......The Daily Caller, Rush and the usual suspects have been eating this blog up....lol

------
Crying Wolfe Exposes Real Problem

By Jason Whitlock

Chicago buried nine-year-old Tyshawn Lee on Tuesday. Police allege gang members lured the boy into an alley and executed him in a revenge killing aimed at his father.

Father Michael Pfleger, a white minister in a predominantly black Chicago community, eulogized Lee and castigated our society, blaming the boy’s death on our “lost conscience.”

How can we argue?

The execution of an innocent black boy draws the attention of a handful of local dignitaries while the death of a black teenager foolish enough to wrestle a cop for control of a gun helps foment unrest on a nearby college campus seven months after then-attorney general Eric Holder destroyed the fallacy of “Hands Up Don’t Shoot.”

Lies stacked on top of lies create the bullshit we’re witnessing in Columbia, Missouri. Clever faculty members, in my opinion, baited a small group of misguided black students into stirring a racial shitstorm strong enough to attract Twitter-addicted journalists looking for their next relevancy hit off the Black Lives Matter crack pipe.

The absurdity of the past week at Mizzou couldn’t be duplicated on South Park.

A 25-year-old, “Fresh Prince” black grad student threatened to starve himself to death under the pretense that the school president hadn’t done enough to stop unidentified white men from uttering the N-word when passing by in trucks and carving swastikas with poop.

The white liberal, Ta-Nehisi Coates-quoting mafia declared Mizzou an unsafe space and a hostile killing field for blacks and opened their media platforms to any person willing to share a story about hearing the N-word while in Columbia the past 50 years.

“Cry Wolfe!” is how this entire episode should be remembered. Liberal academics talked black kids into crying wolf over racially tinged rude behavior so an unpopular president would be unseated.

Adult professors who should be educating kids on the continuing damage of institutional racism, instead built a human shield around a tent city set up to host the starvation of an N-word fighter disguised as a freedom fighter.

A redneck showing his ass with verbal garbage while driving a truck isn’t racism. It’s a redneck showing his ass. Racism is a system of exploitation rooted in race. The NCAA amateurism charade is a solid example. Walter Byers, the white conservative modern architect of the NCAA, described the system he created this way in his 1997 memoir:

“Today the NCAA Presidents Commission is preoccupied with tightening a few loose bolts in a worn machine, firmly committed to the neo-plantation belief that the enormous proceeds from the college games belong to the overseers (administrators) and supervisors (coaches). The plantation workers performing in the arena may only receive those benefits authorized by the overseers.”

You’d think if the Missouri football players were going to strike, they’d choose NCAA amateurism as their cause, not the homecoming king’s hurt feelings. And you’d think if the son of a millionaire was going to threaten to end his life over an injustice, he’d choose an inspiration more heart-wrenching than a poop-stained Nazi symbol.

Why not choose Tyshawn Lee?

Ask one of those liberal academics to explain the connection between mass incarceration and gang violence. They go together like peanut butter and jelly. The ruthless, gang-related execution of a black child is a direct outgrowth of mass incarceration and its corrosive impact on morality, decency and humanity.

Concerned Student 1950 needs to ask Mizzou’s liberal academics to carry them to Tyshawn Lee’s neighborhood and create a safe space there. Seriously. Assimilated, spoiled black kids showing up on modern college campuses and pretending they’re standing on the Edmund Pettus Bridge in 1965 is f—ing embarrassing. What’s worse is assimilated, spoiled black journalists selling the righteousness of their cause.

Columbia ain’t our problem. Chicago is.

This quad is not the place in most need of a safe space.

That’s not a statement vouching for the purity of Columbia. It’s rational, mature acknowledgment that there are not, never have been and never will be any safe spaces on earth free of rude, uncomfortable behavior by humans. We’re flawed. We do dumb shit.

The appropriate questions for the kids, the journalists and their white, liberal enablers/manipulators are: 1) Which area is more in need of a safe space, Mizzou’s campus or Lee’s neighborhood? 2) Why are liberals pouring the most energy and passion into policing the safest space? 3) Why have those same liberals declared war on the very people and profession (police) they call at the first sign of trouble in the most unsafe space?

It’s all enough to make you think they don’t really have the best interest of black folk in mind. Let me remind you again: In general, African-Americans are the most religious people in America. We are traditionally conservative, which does not mean Republican. The black church, where Father Pfleger serves, has always looked first to create safe spaces where black people live.

I’m not evangelizing. I’m trying to show you who’s on your Day 1 team and who’s driving a limousine offering rides to tokens willing to be used as pawns.

I’m also trying to avoid ridiculing millennials. Whatever their shortcomings are, they’re a reflection of previous generations’ failures. We turned the education of our best and brightest kids over to predominantly white schools. We allowed them to abandon the black church. It’s not difficult to understand why they can’t distinguish between rude behavior and racism.

Liberal elites define racism as “code words” and “dog whistles” and the utterance of the N-word by white people. They reduced racism to a language. Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, Thurgood Marshall and our Greatest Generation defined racism as laws and policy.

Teach that in your home, at your church and at school and there won’t be another smokescreen, racial circus the next time faculty decide to overthrow a high-ranking administrator. I’d suggest the media teach it, too, but I can’t reduce the message to a 140-character tweet.

link: http://j.school/post/133025099640/crying-wolfe-exposes-real-problem

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i hate that fat fuck...
Nov 13th 2015
*hums O'Bryan's version of the Soul Train theme*
Nov 13th 2015
I hate him with a passion of a thousand suns
Nov 13th 2015
what bell hooks say about DaGawd?
Nov 13th 2015
      Basically called him a sambo for white people, lol
Nov 13th 2015
           it's strange to me how the the black intelligista tries to close ranks
Nov 13th 2015
           There hasn't been any B/black public intellectual to get this
Nov 13th 2015
                the writing is phenomenal though
Nov 13th 2015
                     The way it looks right now, he doesn't really need that Old Guard.
Nov 13th 2015
                          True. I still wish they didn't hate on him the way they do.
Nov 13th 2015
                          This is his blog
Nov 13th 2015
                          On the episode of 'Another Round' which he was a guest on
Nov 14th 2015
                          great post
Nov 15th 2015
           don't have time to watch the whole vid but I'm surprised ..
Nov 13th 2015
           She's old now, plus TNC is a man who hasn't shown much
Nov 13th 2015
           the irony of hearing her say that, made me roll my eyes
Nov 15th 2015
           lofl. she took shots at all of us who dug the book, BUT 2 things
Nov 15th 2015
Doesnt have to be an either/or proposition
Nov 13th 2015
Its also insulting. The hood is ALWAYS mad about the senseless deaths
Nov 13th 2015
      the statement only proves the speaker/writer is out of touch
Nov 13th 2015
lol@liberal elites reducing racism to code words
Nov 13th 2015
He's vying for the Armond White Award
Nov 13th 2015
psssh. bye.
Nov 13th 2015
LoL, yeah....I just don't see the genius/thought provoking prose in JW o...
Nov 13th 2015
You saying TNC is a Black conservative?
Nov 13th 2015
      I don't think TNC would describe himself as such BUT there are plenty
Nov 13th 2015
           uhh, no there is not. what they hell are you talking about
Nov 15th 2015
                Ok, lol. I don't see the substantive difference in Fox news being team J...
Nov 15th 2015
so we are screwed until we solve Black on Black crime?
Nov 13th 2015
where is the record sea of whiteys fawning over bell hooks or TNC
Nov 13th 2015
I agree with the fat fuck for once
Nov 14th 2015
nah, i disagree with all of this
Nov 14th 2015
      RE: nah, i disagree with all of this
Nov 14th 2015
           The fight is to get racism acknowledged in 2015
Nov 15th 2015
                THANK YOU
Nov 15th 2015
                RE: The fight is to get racism acknowledged in 2015
Nov 15th 2015
                Said it better than I could...
Nov 15th 2015
his critique of the reasoning behind the Mizzou activities is solid
Nov 14th 2015
did the media make it about the N word?
Nov 14th 2015
      you are correct.
Nov 15th 2015
      Some people online were asking to see photos of the poop swastika
Nov 15th 2015
      yes. not about the culture of the campus, cost, and the pres
Nov 15th 2015
so this clown basically wrote all that to say
Nov 15th 2015

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79605 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 10:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i hate that fat fuck... "
In response to Reply # 0

he trolls well tho...

white people eat this shit UP.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 11:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "*hums O'Bryan's version of the Soul Train theme*"
In response to Reply # 0

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 11:07 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "I hate him with a passion of a thousand suns"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Nov-13-15 11:12 AM by BigReg

Three points

1)Lolz in the black twitter age that Disney/ESPN being so out of touch that they wanted this nigga to make a new Grantland for black voices. Even if he could have gotten his shit together it would have been an epic fail...but maybe they did want a black troll site?

2)With that 'white liberal coates' jab Its interesting how many of the old guard of black intellectualism (im not talking about whitlock, he cant shine any of their shoes) are throwing darts at Coates. Considering at the end of the day their politics and his align 90% of the time it just seems petty careerism on their end which shows how far they have fallen from their roots. Hi Bell Hooks.

Onto this bitch ass nigga thats the topic of this thread.

My beef with his writing is its classic 'national review' hip-conservatism dressed up in sheeps clothing

1)Lay down conservative agenda, but from a compassionate angle to not seem so harsh
2)Acknowledges the other side to seem nuanced, even agree with a point or two
3)STRAWMAN THE SHIT OUT OF THE REST LIKE THE REST OF THE LOONS

When I read that his manfiesto for black grantland was to also look at sports as a way to bring race together since there's (paraphrased) "black players, white players, playing together, no racism!" with him totally missing the irony of how the team/owner structure is literally racism played out in 3D..I was through.

Hitokiri
Charter member
22108 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 11:15 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "what bell hooks say about DaGawd?"
In response to Reply # 3

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 11:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Basically called him a sambo for white people, lol"
In response to Reply # 4
Fri Nov-13-15 12:10 PM by BigReg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoXNzyK70Bk&t=34m45s

My fav zinger:

“Is it a letter to your son…or is it a letter to white people so you can let them know that you aren’t like those other trifling negros that don’t have shit to say to their son”

It seemed her anger was more "Stalking outside of the WWE wrestling ring ready to run in with the folding chair" then valid hate..seems she aint like how the internets went in on Cornell West when he threw darts towards Coates way

Hitokiri
Charter member
22108 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 12:24 PM

9. "it's strange to me how the the black intelligista tries to close ranks"
In response to Reply # 6

Some of them seem very uninterested in letting someone 'new' in.

--

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 12:34 PM

10. "There hasn't been any B/black public intellectual to get this "
In response to Reply # 9

kind of fawning treatment from the white liberal establishment in a long time. Maybe Fred Douglass was the last.

I think TNC's rise is blowing alot of people's minds, especially alot of the older types.

Hitokiri
Charter member
22108 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 12:41 PM

12. "the writing is phenomenal though"
In response to Reply # 10

and that's what they're so keen to over look.
And what is TNC's fundamental message to this point? Reparations. And they're so quick to shut him out. Instead of inviting the brother in, welcoming him to the community, talking to him about how he didn't address gender enough in his book (or trying to help him develop in whatever way the see him lacking) they just throw the baby out with the bath water so to speak.

It leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

--

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 12:49 PM

13. "The way it looks right now, he doesn't really need that Old Guard."
In response to Reply # 12

He kind of has that in common with Obama, in fact. He got his national voice through the Atlantic, so he's got the white Left's attention, and he has a pretty deep following among the B/black educated/professional/activist classes. And he did it all without having to go through The Root, or Jesse or the NAACP, etc. Just like Barry.

Sidenote: from my years of reading his blog, TNC has never been that interested in gender. The few times it ever would come up, he'd just parrot off Feminism 101, but he'd do it without any kind of passion. I get the impression he'd rather not have to touch on any of that at all, but a relatively young, big time Liberal writer whose wheelhouse is race *HAS* to deal with gender too, from time to time. His next work will probably touch on it some more, but again, sans the enthusiasm he approaches race with.

Hitokiri
Charter member
22108 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 01:01 PM

14. "True. I still wish they didn't hate on him the way they do."
In response to Reply # 13
Fri Nov-13-15 01:02 PM by Hitokiri

Like I said, help him develop in ways you see him as deficient instead of basically calling him a tom. As far as the gender stuff, yeah it's lacking, but I kinda liked how he addressed it in BTWAM. He basically said 'black women will have to worry about all this in ways you'll never know.' And that's what I think he's perspective is... "I don't experience gender from a oppressed position, so I can't speak on that too much." And I'm not using the to excuse his lack of attention to gender, but in a way it shows how someone like bell hooks could HELP the brother out instead of talking shit.

what's his blog, btw?

--

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 01:10 PM

15. "This is his blog"
In response to Reply # 14

http://www.theatlantic.com/author/ta-nehisi-coates/

He's been way less active for the last 3 years, or so. He used to put up 3 - 5 posts a day, back in the late 2000's. But as he's gotten busier, he posts maybe once or twice a month, now.

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Sat Nov-14-15 07:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
30. "On the episode of 'Another Round' which he was a guest on"

He mentioned that some of his own sociological theory is built upon feminist of color theories.

https://soundcloud.com/anotherroundwithhebenandtracy/episode-29-whats-on-your-reparations-tab

Listen to this podcast starting at 18:38 - 21:00.

But as to why he doesn't choose to tackle feminist issues within society and specifically black women; maybe he thinks his theories simply aren't good enough.

Heben does offer some thoughtful critiques as to how to improve his works.

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Sun Nov-15-15 12:24 PM

36. "great post"
Sun Nov-15-15 12:27 PM by astralblak

also one things folks forget is the person TNC is compared to so often, James Baldwin, himself was kept at a distance and harshly critiqued by the vanguard of his time. But time has proven him to be one of the most prescient of voices

xandra360
Member since Nov 24th 2004
3161 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 01:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
20. "don't have time to watch the whole vid but I'm surprised .."
In response to Reply # 6

hooks has been the white liberal darling for decades and she's been subject to some pretty nasty criticism from other black intelligentsia in her time too so you'd think she'd be more empathetic.

~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 01:26 PM

21. "She's old now, plus TNC is a man who hasn't shown much "
In response to Reply # 20

interest in gender, so she's not really inclined to give a crap about him. She's very much a polemicist (see: tone-deafly calling Beyonce a terrorist two weeks after Boko Haram kidnapped 200 girls in Nigeria.)

She does ride for alot of the younger Black feminists, though, like MHP and Salamisheh Tillet.

astralblak
20029 posts
Sun Nov-15-15 12:29 PM

38. "the irony of hearing her say that, made me roll my eyes"
In response to Reply # 20

white women LOVE her ass, hella comfortable with her style and critiques

astralblak
20029 posts
Sun Nov-15-15 12:21 PM

35. "lofl. she took shots at all of us who dug the book, BUT 2 things"
In response to Reply # 6

1. i can't with bell hooks for near a decade. she just pops off in ways that loves the sound of her own voice and is obsessively self-referential.

2. i find most of the attacks on Coates rooted in that fact that he doesn't pander to the Black church / is an atheist, or that he doesn't espouse the ideas of forgiveness and hope.

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 11:20 AM

5. "Doesnt have to be an either/or proposition"
In response to Reply # 0

I doubt you will find many black people not distraught at tyshawn lees death.

And can simultaneously advocate for their schools to stop using their tuition to invest in for profit prison stock for example.

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 11:26 AM

7. "Its also insulting. The hood is ALWAYS mad about the senseless deaths"
In response to Reply # 5

There's always community meetings, grassroots activism, etc. So the argument is doubly insulting; it makes it look like we aren't doing anything in our communities

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 01:16 PM

17. "the statement only proves the speaker/writer is out of touch"
In response to Reply # 7

w/the community's response to *insert 'Black-on-Black' crime here*.

this is somewhat unrelated but i'm especially disappointed in Spike going that route in his Chi-raq press tour. b/c he's met and worked w/ppl and orgs here in Chicago who are making noise about and working on the violence problem in the hood(s) here in Chicago. so for him to even hint that we're improperly concerned w/police brutality when we should instead also work on address our 'internal' violence problem is disingenuous. he should know fairly well how much work is being done here to address the 'internal' problems.

fuck you.

naame
Charter member
21018 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 12:06 PM

8. "lol@liberal elites reducing racism to code words"
In response to Reply # 0

...come on man

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 12:36 PM

11. "He's vying for the Armond White Award"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Nov-13-15 12:43 PM by Cam

of Sports journalism

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 01:12 PM

16. "psssh. bye."
In response to Reply # 0

fuck you.

no_i_cant_dance
Member since Apr 10th 2006
5577 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 01:17 PM

18. "LoL, yeah....I just don't see the genius/thought provoking prose in JW o..."
In response to Reply # 0

I am real enough to recognize that I'm not their intended audience (I think they both write for themselves, white people, & a certain type of Black guy), BUT I like too much stuff that erases/obscures/shits on my worldview. Soooo, I think I'm just not a fan of how they form sentences or w/e lol.

Also, if 1 were to compare JW & THC...I bet there is A LOT of overlap in audience (in terms of viewer & readership). JW reading TNC is essentially him reading himself, too weird lol.

<<Mood...Poppy Okotcha in Look 1 at Ashish Fall 2016

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa7KBq0q5bU

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 01:19 PM

19. "You saying TNC is a Black conservative?"
In response to Reply # 18

no_i_cant_dance
5577 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 01:42 PM

23. "I don't think TNC would describe himself as such BUT there are plenty"
In response to Reply # 19

of Black conservatives/repubs that agree w/ TNC...they're just (mostly) not famous.
The same can be said for JW, White liberals fuck w/ his work too.

Full disclosure, I find the TNC writings I've read/engaged w/ to be conservatively liberal & JW's to be liberally conservative.

astralblak
20029 posts
Sun Nov-15-15 12:34 PM

40. "uhh, no there is not. what they hell are you talking about"
In response to Reply # 23

TNC and JW take extremely different views on the prisons, schools, black on black crime, the role of the church, and reparations for example

white conservatives give JW work because he expresses a Black pov in line with their own

TNC's Reparations essay gave Fox news a coronary

just say you don't like the style of writing. JW dresses his bullshit in "hip hop vernacular", TNC writes elegant punishing mutant king's english. please dont do this

no_i_cant_dance
5577 posts
Sun Nov-15-15 02:14 PM

43. "Ok, lol. I don't see the substantive difference in Fox news being team J..."
In response to Reply # 40

& MSNBC being team TNC. Like, I guess TNC has the good white folks praise & the bad white folks pressed sooo points??

>TNC and JW take extremely different views on the prisons,
>schools, black on black crime, the role of the church, and
>reparations for example

Yes, true...you're correct.

>white conservatives give JW work because he expresses a Black
>pov in line with their own

Cool lefty white liberals & their news outlets, etc. give TNC work b/c he (as you put it) eloquently expresses a Black pov in line w/ their own. White gaze is just gonna be a thing Black people deal w/ b/c well white supremacy is a thing.

>TNC's Reparations essay gave Fox news a coronary
>

It did??...Points for TNC then lol. The reaction of angry racist bigoted news orgs aside, I saw a lot of thoughtful engagement w/ that piece.

>just say you don't like the style of writing.

I did. I am a sucker for style BUT I read too many dry ass, unnecessarily verbose scholarly articles to front on okp lol. The willful ignorance & erasure in TNC & JW writings are my biggest problems w/ their stuff. Also, they don't engage thoughtfully w/ critiques from Black people (particularly the women/queer folks).

JW dresses his
>bullshit in "hip hop vernacular", TNC writes elegant punishing
>mutant king's english. please dont do this

LoL, that's the thing for me...neither one does a particularly good job of addressing the bullshit. TNC is certainly less of a turd in his prose & politics tho. Is that what your reply is getting at, JW being more of a turd??...b/c like, duh @ that factoid lol.

legsdiamond
79605 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 01:29 PM

22. "so we are screwed until we solve Black on Black crime?"
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Fri Nov-13-15 09:27 PM

24. "where is the record sea of whiteys fawning over bell hooks or TNC"
In response to Reply # 0

They each had/have their time in the pale sun

And get name checked for a season

But I don't see this "unparalleled adulation like never seen before" anywhere

Its basically the academic version of the 'America's favorite, but 'they'll have a new n*gga next year' revolving door

Happens with rappers, comedians, tv personalities, etc

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

Deacon Blues
Charter member
5013 posts
Sat Nov-14-15 08:05 AM

25. "I agree with the fat fuck for once"
In response to Reply # 0

While yes, there are people working on inner city violence and issues, this letter is addressed to the college students protesting.

I just don't think being called nigger by a drunk cracker is something worthy of this level of protest and changing the president will not change that situation.

There is just something inherently uncomfortable about being a minority at an institution. I doubt that will change, but it isn't enough to stop you from achieving your dreams.

Plus I'd rather white racists wave the flag and call me nigger, that way I won't be fooled into to falsely thinking they like me.

If your are going to protest, protest police brutality, protest economic inequality, protest violence, protest bad schools in the inner city

Yeah you can do both but i just don't think that given the gravity of the real issues people are facing, that a hunger strike over being called a nigger by a random cracker should take priority.

Just call him a racist cracker mother fucker and get your degree so you can help the kids in the hood. Because really the only way he can hurt you is if he distracts you from getting that degree.

but I could be wrong.

dude

legsdiamond
79605 posts
Sat Nov-14-15 09:15 AM

27. "nah, i disagree with all of this"
In response to Reply # 25

you want kids on a campus to shrug off their conditions on campus because of violence in the hood?

Deacon Blues
Charter member
5013 posts
Sat Nov-14-15 11:02 AM

29. "RE: nah, i disagree with all of this"
In response to Reply # 27

>you want kids on a campus to shrug off their conditions on
>campus because of violence in the hood?
>
>

i'm just doubtful that changing the president will stop random people from calling people nigger or change hearts, so i'd prefer to reserve the big guns (hunger strike and football protest) for more tangible issues.

dude

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Sun Nov-15-15 10:45 AM

31. "The fight is to get racism acknowledged in 2015"
In response to Reply # 29

Nah. These ARE big issues.

Of course the President cant stop racism, but the kanye shrug response is the REAL problem.

Reason niggas couldnt drink from the same water fountains for 200 years wasnt because of the KKK or virulent racists, its because the rest of white america couldnt be bothered to care to change the status quo until their guilt took over after years of watching black people get dogs sic'ed on them in television.

His apathy towards these causes is why systemic racism is so prevalent today.

Remember, these are college kids we are talking about. They are paying xxx amount of tution, football players literally sacrificing their bodies for the school and when they go the administration they couldnt even muster up fake lip service?

And lets not forget how many people go to college and become activists there, for him to be like their complaining about campus issues, something they pay for, is bullshit. Same for the idea they cant multitask and fight racism on campus and be active in fighting black on black crime at home.

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4550 posts
Sun Nov-15-15 11:20 AM

33. "THANK YOU"
In response to Reply # 31

>Nah. These ARE big issues.
>
>Of course the President cant stop racism, but the kanye shrug
>response is the REAL problem.

this was the crux of the problem
apathy from the administration

Deacon Blues
Charter member
5013 posts
Sun Nov-15-15 11:22 AM

34. "RE: The fight is to get racism acknowledged in 2015"

Yes its big issue

dude

legsdiamond
79605 posts
Sun Nov-15-15 12:29 PM

37. "Said it better than I could..."

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Sat Nov-14-15 08:44 AM

26. "his critique of the reasoning behind the Mizzou activities is solid"
In response to Reply # 0

other than that...whatevs

the way that snowballed and basically centered around the N-word and not campus injustices was...odd

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

legsdiamond
79605 posts
Sat Nov-14-15 09:19 AM

28. "did the media make it about the N word? "
In response to Reply # 26

cause I always thought this was about conditions in campus and some of that was about the N word.

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35256 posts
Sun Nov-15-15 10:53 AM

32. "you are correct. "
In response to Reply # 28

And i would have to say that when a swastika of human shit shows up...the aituation has spiralled out of control.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

legsdiamond
79605 posts
Sun Nov-15-15 12:31 PM

39. "Some people online were asking to see photos of the poop swastika"
In response to Reply # 32

why do you need to see that shit?

astralblak
20029 posts
Sun Nov-15-15 12:41 PM

41. "yes. not about the culture of the campus, cost, and the pres"
In response to Reply # 28

cutting health care for grad students

that pres had gotten repeated complaints from students for two years about threats on their lives and not feeling safe. he didn't address one

students where also organizing around the rising tuition cost, while many of the departments kept functioning with fewer staff and less resources for over a year (common on most campuses)

this finally made national news 'cause the Football team joined in with the other students, and that means money

but the media made this about "enwurd"

so, yeah

astralblak
20029 posts
Sun Nov-15-15 12:42 PM

42. "so this clown basically wrote all that to say "
In response to Reply # 0

WHAT ABOUT BLACK ON BLACK CRIME

yikes

murph, thanks for swiping so I didn't give that the click it wanted

Lobby General Discussion topic #12927912 Previous topic | Next topic