Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12925073

Subject: "was Lisa Stansfield the last standard of a Female UK Artist?" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Tue Nov-10-15 12:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"was Lisa Stansfield the last standard of a Female UK Artist?"
Tue Nov-10-15 12:39 AM by mistermaxxx08

been around the world to me still got more legs than AMy Winohouse,Adele,Joss Stone or any other Female UK Artist trying to blend Pop and R&B.

she wasn't sounding like nobody else and the Hood Loved "Been Around the world" Biggie did as well

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: was Lisa Stansfield the last standard of a Female UK Artist?
Nov 10th 2015
all around the world alone is a classic Man
Nov 10th 2015
      RE: all around the world alone is a classic Man
Nov 10th 2015
           RE: all around the world alone is a classic Man
Nov 11th 2015

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Tue Nov-10-15 07:56 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: was Lisa Stansfield the last standard of a Female UK Artist?"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Nov-10-15 08:01 AM by murph71

Aren't u always getting at singers who didn't have the "songs" (plural)?

I love Lisa. I think she is vastly underrated. But if U r gonna shit on your usual targets you write off as one-hit wonders or artists u have claimed could not live up to the hype, then it's quite illogical to say Lisa >>> Amy or Adele....

Lisa had TWO hits and suffered through the bullshit politics of a recording industry that had no idea how to market her....Her voice was def. dope...Soul for days...

But Amy, drug addiction death and all, released two albums that are viewed as classics beyond what u may think of ol' girl....And Adele did MJ numbers (over 30 million copies worldwide off of one album in a climate where artists struggle to go gold)....

I guess it's interesting to see u going hard for the underdog for a change.....

But r right on one thing: Lisa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joss Stone......

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Tue Nov-10-15 01:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "all around the world alone is a classic Man"
In response to Reply # 1

and she did hit with Barry White and it was a good fit.

Amy was decent though we already did that song and dance with Lauyrn Hill.

and Adele is pulling a Mary J Bliege, just don't ever get happy or its over. she knows where the side of the bread is buttered.

oh i like alot of underdog acts depends on who gets mentioned.

cool

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Tue Nov-10-15 01:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: all around the world alone is a classic Man"
In response to Reply # 2
Tue Nov-10-15 01:28 PM by murph71

>and she did hit with Barry White and it was a good fit.
>
>Amy was decent though we already did that song and dance with
>Lauyrn Hill.

Man...Amy ain't got shit to do with Lauryn....lol

Like 0....come on Maxx...

>and Adele is pulling a Mary J Bliege, just don't ever get
>happy or its over. she knows where the side of the bread is
>buttered.

Nah...Adele is actually more Dusty Springfield mixed heavily with some classy, grown ass Burt B. thrown in....In fact, she's more middle of the road than Mary who was a rebel when she first dropped....

>oh i like alot of underdog acts depends on who gets
>mentioned.

Now if u want to say that Lisa had more soul than them, then that's another discussion....But shit...Amy had A LOT of soul....So much so that that soulful pain and anguish killed her.....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

mistermaxxx08
16076 posts
Wed Nov-11-15 02:19 PM

4. "RE: all around the world alone is a classic Man"
In response to Reply # 3

Amy was aight, just never got the hype.

Adele puts me to sleep a Sleepy time act and Burt B could milk something out of here and I could see an Over the top power ballad with her and Seal on some Drew Carey Prime time Price is right show in prime time

however she doesn't move me. the Pet Shop Boys could not make her sound cool as they did Dusty Springfield. i wish Adele was half as funky as Dusty RHodes.

i'll take Lisa Stansfield over both

Lobby General Discussion topic #12925073 Previous topic | Next topic