Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12917908

Subject: "Fuck Don Lemon (c) Black Twitter" Previous topic | Next topic
Airbreed
Charter member
29440 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 09:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Fuck Don Lemon (c) Black Twitter"

Apparently they got a petition to have him removed from CNN. Not sure how it'll play out. But they mad.

http://www.theroot.com/blogs/the_grapevine/2015/10/change_org_petition_to_remove_don_lemon_from_cnn.html

There’s a Change.Org Petition to Remove Don Lemon From CNN
But let’s face it, CNN loves Don Lemon; he’s not going anywhere.

I’ve always been on the fence when it comes to the plethora of petitions that seem to surface daily on the Internet. And it’s not hard to see that some are just fluff attention-grabbers, while others, although well-meaning, may have failed in their execution. Then there are those that actually garner enough attention to affect change. Over the last couple of years, petitions have successfully led to the cancellation of television shows, but have they ever succeeded in getting someone removed from his job?

On Tuesday, after the latest Don Lemon fiasco, in which he went toe-to-toe with former federal prosecutor Sunny Hostin, over issues stemming from the South Carolina Spring Valley High School student assaulted by a police officer, a new petition was created on Change.org.

The petition is calling for Lemon’s removal from CNN, and states:

Since the tragic incident of Trayvon Martin, Mr. Don Lemon has consistently antagonized and defamed the characteristics of the African-American race on the national scale in mass communications. From the holding of the ‘N’ word sign before the national audience, to his most recent comments of the unfortunate incident where a student was removed from their chair like a rag-doll by an officer, Mr. Lemon has avoided the obvious to blatantly state that an attack on the African-American race is real and that real solutions need to take place.

We, the people want a journalist and an anchor that will not be afraid to accept the facts that are occurring within the African-American community and who will encourage our people the same way that person will encourage others across the board. We, the people, have no confidence in Mr. Lemon's ability to do that, therefore we are asking CNN to remove him from his position.

So far, the petition has received over 15,000 signatures, and is inching closer to its goal of 25,000. I’m sure the petition won’t find it hard to reach its signature goal, but I’m quite sure CNN doesn’t plan to get rid of Lemon.

CNN and Lemon are in cahoots together. CNN signs Lemon’s paychecks because he causes controversy. He says idiotic things, all under the guise of journalism. Lemon was never supposed to be the voice of the black community on CNN, or even the LGBTQ community. Lemon is the voice of whoever is controlling the teleprompter he’s reading from. And that’s CNN.

So maybe the petition shouldn’t be aimed at Lemon. Maybe there should be a petition aimed at CNN, urging the network to do better with its choices of anchors. Gone are the days of Soledad O’Brien and Roland Martin. Lemon will more than likely remain a thorn in the side of CNN’s viewers for some time to come.

Or better yet, maybe a petition should be created and aimed at the black stations, telling them to step up and start their own news shows. BET once dabbled in the late-night political talk show arena, but barely moved a finger to promote its own show. NewsOne Now, hosted by Roland Martin, is on so early nowadays, does anyone even watch it?

All of these black networks seem to be able to find the next “big” reality television show or scripted drama, but fail to realize that there’s news being made every day and they should actually cover it.

Check back next week to catch up on the latest idiotic thing Lemon comes up with to say. Because it seems as though he has a weekly quota nowadays.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I fully support it, especially after his views on what happened in the.....
Oct 28th 2015
Don Lemons job is to make you angry enough to see what he will say next
Oct 28th 2015
News.
Oct 28th 2015
He's not a reporter. He's a commentator like Hannity, Maddow, Sharpton, ...
Oct 28th 2015
I've never done that though. I don't think most people do
Oct 28th 2015
Don't watch CNN and don't support network television
Oct 28th 2015
or watch the shows you like and ignore the ones you dont like...
Oct 28th 2015
      True -- better to have black folks be indignant on tv than in school
Oct 28th 2015

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 09:27 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I fully support it, especially after his views on what happened in the....."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Oct-28-15 09:28 AM by Big Kuntry

Schools & the Cosby situation

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79824 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 09:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Don Lemons job is to make you angry enough to see what he will say next"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't fuck with him... at all. He is on that God News shit

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 10:32 AM

5. "News. "
In response to Reply # 2

His job is to report the news. He sucks at his job. If I sucked T my job I would be fired.

www.anthologyfmn.com

Enter the Written World of Fahim Malik Nassar

The House of Caine (available)

Melancholoy Funk (available)

Tha Anthology (Words 2001-2003) Poetry inspired by OKP and Wash, DC
(available)

The Spook who sat by the Radio Poetry (av

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15895 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 11:26 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "He's not a reporter. He's a commentator like Hannity, Maddow, Sharpton, ..."
In response to Reply # 5
Wed Oct-28-15 11:27 AM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

His job is to present his opinion on the issues of the day. Not be an unbiased presenter of truth

Rjcc
Charter member
95000 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 11:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "I've never done that though. I don't think most people do"
In response to Reply # 2

the stuff he says, isn't actually offensive to a lot of people

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 10:08 AM

3. "Don't watch CNN and don't support network television "
In response to Reply # 0

problem solved, but "Oh noes what will we do without Empire!?"

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79824 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 10:17 AM

4. "or watch the shows you like and ignore the ones you dont like... "
In response to Reply # 3

fuck that... I like Empire, Blackish, Gotham, etc..

the fuck I gotta be misrable for just cause Don Lemon is who he is..

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 11:36 AM

7. "True -- better to have black folks be indignant on tv than in school"
In response to Reply # 4
Wed Oct-28-15 11:37 AM by Atillah Moor

Those dramas make it look much cooler and acceptable and as a bonus our families and children can all watch these shows and model the behaviour in real life. So we should definitely continue to support all networks that cater to this type of imagery. Viva la Fox viva la CNN!!

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

Lobby General Discussion topic #12917908 Previous topic | Next topic