Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12917706

Subject: "im about to give up on potty training " Previous topic | Next topic
godleeluv
Member since Jun 11th 2013
5861 posts
Tue Oct-27-15 07:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"im about to give up on potty training "

The child will not cooperate. He will not sit still. Ive tried timing it after he eats, no go.

The bathroom is not the most comfortable place for me to sit and wait. And i cant trust that he will sit. Even when i sit in there with him he constantly gets up. Meaning if he does poo, shit is smeared all on the toilet from him moving.

I just cant right now.

He is three.
🙋
Music is almost everything.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
no you not
Oct 27th 2015
Haha, it can definitely be frustrating, but he'll get it.
Oct 27th 2015
The thing is, he will eventually get it.
Oct 28th 2015
Agreed.
Oct 28th 2015
^^^^^^^
Oct 28th 2015
how often is he around other kids?
Oct 28th 2015
i have to sit in there with him and i have to sit on the floor
Oct 28th 2015
RE: im about to give up on potty training
Oct 28th 2015
thanks...i need to lower my expectations
Oct 28th 2015
Pull-ups are a scam by the pamper industry to keep patents purchasing pr...
Oct 28th 2015
Ehh, don't pat yourself on the back, you just got lucky
Oct 28th 2015
      Lol I'm not doing that at all. And it wasn't luck at all
Oct 28th 2015
      yep.
Oct 28th 2015

murderbear
Member since Feb 26th 2012
2087 posts
Tue Oct-27-15 09:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "no you not"
In response to Reply # 0

keep at it, ma.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Tue Oct-27-15 09:25 PM

2. "Haha, it can definitely be frustrating, but he'll get it. "
In response to Reply # 0

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49519 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 06:15 AM

3. "The thing is, he will eventually get it. "
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know why parents go crazy about this. I think my boys were past 3 when they learned and I don't think we spent alot of time trying to force it but one day they just figured it out. It will happen.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

Movies I need y'all bastids to see so we can discuss:

Five Star - https://goo.gl/jBHbVv
Appropriate Behavior - http://goo.gl/isCzTM
Ma

denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 07:33 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Agreed."
In response to Reply # 3

How many eight year olds aren't potty trained?

Also...I suspect people tend to think that whatever method they employed is responsible for the child's success when it happens. Like if they hadn't done it that way....the child wouldn't have learned. Probly silly of us like lots of child-rearing issues.

For what it's worth....we had the children follow US into the washroom while WE did our bidness....thinking that mimicry is the greatest tool. Whether that sped up the process....can't really know.

las raises
Member since Aug 31st 2002
14982 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 05:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "^^^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 3

-----------------------------------------------------------------

JellyBean
Charter member
16875 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 10:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "how often is he around other kids?"
In response to Reply # 0

that's what helped my little one. Pop his hindparts and tell him to sit down! I firmly believe kids know how to manipulate a situation and you are letting him because you're probably tired as shit from being super pregnant and chasing behind a toddler. He knows it.

on the real, you are about to have another baby...do you really want to be changing pull-ups AND diapers?

"Holier than thou never sits well with me."(c)janey

"OKP spends way too much time looking for ways to be offended." ~legsdiamond

http://twitter.com/jeleighbean

godleeluv
5861 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 07:43 PM

12. "i have to sit in there with him and i have to sit on the floor"
In response to Reply # 5

Because there is no other comfortable place to sit in the bathroom for 15-30 min at a time. His butt jumped off the toilet and ran into another room. I tried hard to get up quickly but my belly wouldnt let me. By the time i got up i found him in another bathroom puting objects in the toilet like his dads deodarant and a toilet paper roll. I was so pissed like, this lil ninja knows my weakness and is playing me. I put him back on the pot and he kept trying to get up every two min. I was exhausted by then and just told him to get up and i put his pull up on. Less than 2 min later he pooped it.

Lol.

I really dont want to change 2 kids diapers but trying to get him trained before the new baby comes seems like a losing battle that just leaves me frustrated. Im just going to face the fact that he may be wearing diapers forever. (Jokes)

Maybe his little brother will get it before he does.

🙋

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 03:02 PM

6. "RE: im about to give up on potty training "
In response to Reply # 0

I was frustrated too. My munchkin would pee, but poop in her pull-up. What helped was taking her to daycare. When she realized that the big kids went to the potty all the time, that's when she wanted to go too.

The only problem I had after that was that she wouldn't want to stop playing to go to the potty. Eventually, she got it.

Yours will too. My brother didn't stop wearing pull-ups until he was 4. So, don't feel like you are alone in this. It can be frustrating, but he will get it.

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

godleeluv
5861 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 07:46 PM

13. "thanks...i need to lower my expectations"
In response to Reply # 6

And stop trying to fit his training into my time frame. He is very strong willed and will do it when he wants to...not when i want him to.

I was potty trained at age 1.

So to me my son is late. And his pediatrician asked me the other day why he wasnt potty trained, like it was my fault.

Lol.

I have to stop feeling the blame and realize its him, not me.
🙋

DJPoke
Member since May 14th 2008
1285 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 05:50 PM

8. "Pull-ups are a scam by the pamper industry to keep patents purchasing pr..."
In response to Reply # 0

#staywoke

Man as soon as my lil dude started on solid food I potty trained him ASAP. Fuck being patient. Lil niggas shits was looking like mine.

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 06:20 PM

9. "Ehh, don't pat yourself on the back, you just got lucky"
In response to Reply # 8

>#staywoke
>
>Man as soon as my lil dude started on solid food I potty
>trained him ASAP. Fuck being patient. Lil niggas shits was
>looking like mine.

There's really not much you can do if a child isn't compliant with your potty training efforts.

DJPoke
Member since May 14th 2008
1285 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 07:10 PM

10. "Lol I'm not doing that at all. And it wasn't luck at all"
In response to Reply # 9
Wed Oct-28-15 07:10 PM by DJPoke

Hell it wasn't even me really. I give my moms most of the credit. She had my 14mos boy 75% potty trained over 1 weekend. Her methods would be frowned upon by these new age parents. But it worked. And it worked with her other grandbabies. I know some kids got some developmental issues so it ain't for everyone. But it wasn't luck. My babymoms got a nephew whose 3 and not potty trained. Dude be taking off his pull up after he messes in it asking for a new one. Yet her sister is still on that 'oh he isn't ready yet.' Lol gtfoh

godleeluv
5861 posts
Wed Oct-28-15 07:37 PM

11. "yep."
In response to Reply # 9

🙋

Lobby General Discussion topic #12917706 Previous topic | Next topic