Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12905731

Subject: "Celebrity post ... Redux " Previous topic | Next topic
MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Thu Oct-01-15 07:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Celebrity post ... Redux "

When I was younger the Spurs organization had a big presence in Austin, the city wasn't that big and they did outreach to the surrounding areas. One day during a basketball camp Grep Poppivich came through with some reps, this is back when he was still the GM. He held a dribbling contest for some tickets which I won. I was so damn excited too. But I never heard back.

A few years later we'd move to San Antonio and my mom reminded me of that and told me to reach out to the Spurs. Somehow I did and we got four lower level tickets to the game of my choosing. Part of me really wanted to see a prime Grant Hill, he was all over the TV. But I had heard about this young guy coming up straight from high school and I took those tickets instead.

To this day, I'll never understand why I thought Joe Smith would be a star. But since then I've always been a bit cautious of potential versus actual production.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #12905731 Previous topic | Next topic