Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12885005

Subject: "The 5ive " Previous topic | Next topic
Fishgrease
Member since Feb 13th 2006
34460 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 08:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The 5ive "
Fri Aug-21-15 08:41 AM by Fishgrease

Spin Cycle
----------
Moved last week.
Hooked up the washing machine.
Water everywhere. Hoses attached properly.
Looked as though water was leakin' from the bottom. Downstairs neighbor called management and complained. They send the maintenance man out, he comesto my crib, saw nothing out of place. Said it looked like washer might have a broken seal somewhere.

I call an appliance repairman. He comes out next day. Hits me with the $70 service call---finds nothing. Machine works fine.

20 minutes after he leaves--water is everywhere.

I say "phuck this sh*t". go down the street (less than a 1/2 mile) buy another washer (scratch and dent for $240, nothing extravagent--just a functional unit). Hook it up. Wash a load of clothes. All is fine.

FFWD to last night, wash another load...water is every phuckin' where. I'm like what the living phuck. Turn washer on again--begins washing clothes w/no hitch. It gets ready to engage to the spin cycle and drain the water in the basin to the drain tube in the wall. The water backs up.

Muhphucka...this rent office is gonna hear it. I got rid of a perfectly good washing machine and I'm out a couple hundo because of they bullsh*t.

Hangin' w/Mr. Cooper
-------------------

I want a mini cooper s. Not even a new one. a 2008 John Cooper Works.

Bug Infestation
--------------

I also want a VW bug to satisfy the itch of the one I had in high school that I never got running. I don't even want an old one. I'll take the New Beetle and just flip it---but I do understand that they are not the most masculine of cars. Luckily my girl said "get one and I'll ride with you".

Does that make her my "ride or die chick". Probably not.

No Funds, No fun.
------------------

So in addition to the washing machine fiasco, It also all occurred within the same 48 hr period when I had to pay for this partial month of rent, pay my son's fall basketball fee, renew my car and renters insurance.

Nothing is worse than thinkin' you have some free and extra money, so I went ahead and bought the big dawg $100 Sam's Club membership, then my son's friends mom called me and was like "you register Greasy, Jr" for bball? We want to try to get all our boys on the same team so you need to do it now. That was another hunnid.

Then the washin' machine sh*t happens. Oh and then my son comes home with a phuckin' Boy Scouts renewal fee notice for $50.

We sittin' in the house this weekend and washin' clothes just as soon as these muhphuckas come and fix that damn drainage pipe.

Violation
----------

My white co-worker asked me to go see Straight Out Of Compton with him? I asked why? He said because "I can't go see it by myself".

I walked away.

You are not about to make me your token black friend so that you can have an "in" to black culture and feel the safety that my epidermis brings in minority based situations.

Nope.

Not on my watch.

----Gimme Five-----

---------------------------------------
blog: www.wonderfullyhorrible.blogspot.com
instagram: Fishgrease
twitter: wooly_caesar
Podcast www.soundcloud.com/circlegang

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
The 5ive The Fitness Addition
Aug 21st 2015
RE: The 5ive The Fitness Addition
Aug 21st 2015
Aug 21st 2015
Aug 21st 2015
here we go
Aug 21st 2015
RE: here we go
Aug 21st 2015
      you should have met my 2nd ex-fiance
Aug 21st 2015
onetwothreefourfive.
Aug 21st 2015
RE: onetwothreefourfive.
Aug 21st 2015
      Oh sh*t that Brownstone sample is everything.
Aug 21st 2015
      i knew you'd appreciate it! :D
Aug 21st 2015
      RE: onetwothreefourfive.
Aug 21st 2015
I can't go see it by myself..lmao!
Aug 21st 2015
Man, phuck him really. LOL
Aug 21st 2015
damn RE: the washing machine shit
Aug 21st 2015
My pockets are lighter and my mood is sh*tty.
Aug 21st 2015
Aug 21st 2015
I've already prepared myself for a season full of disappointment being
Aug 21st 2015
lemme try this 5 shit
Aug 21st 2015
I saw Straight outta Compton by way of a stream and
Aug 22nd 2015
5 Song Friday: Horn Sections
Aug 21st 2015

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 08:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "The 5ive The Fitness Addition"
In response to Reply # 0

Kickboxing - I gotta find a gym where I can beat the shit out of a bag every once in a while. My current gyms do not have the means for me to do so. Hopefully when we move west I can find a UFC Gym or something.
--
My moms is in our hometown for her 45th class reunion. My dad and other moms will be there also. I just love it that they hang together even when I'm not around. NOW THAT IS A BLENDED FAMILY. People, get on my parents level. Its the best thing for your kids.

Body Jam - If I move to Northern Cali and I can't find a BodyJam or some sort of Hip Hop Dance/Aerobic class, I will be sorely pissed off!
--
The only negative about moving is not having my support system. My mom has been a great help with the munchkin, even though she spoils her rotten and almost lets her do whatever she wants. The munchkin loves playing with her Mie-Mie and Nana so its going to be hard when they aren't in the same state.

CrossFit - Not worried about finding a CrossFit gym. They are EVERYWHERE!!! I might even go check out the famous CrossFit NorCal.
--
I've really enjoyed blogging every day. Its amazing how inspiration will just hit and I write. I haven't done my blog today, but I will after I finish talking to you guys.

Boxing - I love boxing. Its such a stress reliever. Plus, when I get angry, I can envision my targets face on the bag.
--
Gotta try to get the house refinanced. We qualify and we've been dragging our feet. But, whether we use our house as a rental property or sell it, I'm going to get on the stick and try to get that done asap.

Bonus: Yoga - I am loving this new FE! If you haven't picked up Tales From the Land of Milk and Honey yet, get it!!!!!!!!!

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

Tiggerific
13451 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 10:16 AM

3. "RE: The 5ive The Fitness Addition"
In response to Reply # 1

Blog post: http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com/2015/08/habits-of-addadhd-folks-automatic.html

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 10:40 AM

5. "RE: The 5ive The Fitness Addition"
In response to Reply # 1

>Kickboxing - I gotta find a gym where I can beat the shit out
>of a bag every once in a while. My current gyms do not have
>the means for me to do so. Hopefully when we move west I can
>find a UFC Gym or something.

My new apartments have a nice gym...sadly w/o the a/c workin' in my abode--i don't want to go there since I'll be coming home to a phuckin' sweatbox.
>--
>My moms is in our hometown for her 45th class reunion. My dad
>and other moms will be there also. I just love it that they
>hang together even when I'm not around. NOW THAT IS A BLENDED
>FAMILY. People, get on my parents level. Its the best thing
>for your kids.

>
>Body Jam - If I move to Northern Cali and I can't find a
>BodyJam or some sort of Hip Hop Dance/Aerobic class, I will be
>sorely pissed off!
>--
>The only negative about moving is not having my support
>system. My mom has been a great help with the munchkin, even
>though she spoils her rotten and almost lets her do whatever
>she wants. The munchkin loves playing with her Mie-Mie and
>Nana so its going to be hard when they aren't in the same
>state.
>
>CrossFit - Not worried about finding a CrossFit gym. They are
>EVERYWHERE!!! I might even go check out the famous CrossFit
>NorCal.
>--
>I've really enjoyed blogging every day. Its amazing how
>inspiration will just hit and I write. I haven't done my
>blog today, but I will after I finish talking to you guys.

I write everyday too, I just haven't published it all to my blog. I need to get better at just hitting the "publish" button. I have so much sh*t saved as drafts in wordpress that they could be a book in and of itself. Ever since I purchased that Ipad mini and the Zagg keyboard to go along w/it--I find myself writing a whole helluva lot more. The two items combined fit in the pockets of my cargo shorts and/or fit in my car's glovebox making it the writers dream portability tool.
>
>Boxing - I love boxing. Its such a stress reliever. Plus,
>when I get angry, I can envision my targets face on the bag.

There really is nothing better than hittin' the heavy bag.
>

Tiggerific
13451 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 11:39 AM

7. "RE: The 5ive The Fitness Addition"
In response to Reply # 5

I write on my iPad via my Zagg too! I have a Macbook Air. Its just that the iPad is more portable and it makes it easier to whip out and write when I get the urge.

JellyBean
Charter member
16875 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 09:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "here we go"
In response to Reply # 0

Work
I'm not really sure how much work is going to get done today. I should have just called in sick. I don't feel like being here at ALL! But I have appointments scheduled for today.

Kids
I have baby fever some kind of bad. Like I really want another kid. Why? I have no idea! I'm not in a good place to have another kid financially. But mentally and emotionally, I WANT BABY!

Home
My house is in complete shambles. Dishes in the sink, floors that need to be mopped, stuff that needs to be cleaned. I just have not felt like it. I've been a in a serious funk and I'm really trying to get out of it.

Car
Sage, my VW Jetta is on her last legs. I wasn't anticipating having to get another car at least until 2017 but Sage is sick and I don't know if the doctors can save her.

Friends
I realized I have some really good folks in my life. I love them. that is all.

"Holier than thou never sits well with me."(c)janey

"OKP spends way too much time looking for ways to be offended." ~legsdiamond

http://twitter.com/jeleighbean

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 10:35 AM

4. "RE: here we go"
In response to Reply # 2

>Work
>I'm not really sure how much work is going to get done today.
>I should have just called in sick. I don't feel like being
>here at ALL! But I have appointments scheduled for today.

I left, went home for an hour to curse out my apartment management company, came back and now I'm about to go to lunch for a good while--it's friday and the office is rather empty.
>Kids
>I have baby fever some kind of bad. Like I really want
>another kid. Why? I have no idea! I'm not in a good place to
>have another kid financially. But mentally and emotionally, I
>WANT BABY!

I don't think this is something a man has ever said or thought without coercion.
>
>Home
>My house is in complete shambles. Dishes in the sink, floors
>that need to be mopped, stuff that needs to be cleaned. I
>just have not felt like it. I've been a in a serious funk and
>I'm really trying to get out of it.

Once I was in a funk for so long that when I finally got out of it, I didn't even wash the dishes---I threw them away and purchased new ones.
>
>Car
>Sage, my VW Jetta is on her last legs. I wasn't anticipating
>having to get another car at least until 2017 but Sage is sick
>and I don't know if the doctors can save her.

I'm hoping my car lasts at the least until March 2016. Then I'm about to pull the trigger and get something else.

>Friends
>I realized I have some really good folks in my life. I love
>them. that is all.

You should tell them. We tend not to show our appreciation for our friends until they are no longer in our lives. I'm trying to change that on my end as well.

BabySoulRebel
Charter member
19232 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 11:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "you should have met my 2nd ex-fiance"
In response to Reply # 4

>>Kids
>>I have baby fever some kind of bad. Like I really want
>>another kid. Why? I have no idea! I'm not in a good place
>to
>>have another kid financially. But mentally and emotionally,
>I
>>WANT BABY!
>
>I don't think this is something a man has ever said or thought
>without coercion.

THAT mf
kept pressing me for kids the entire 6 years we were together
It got even worse as we approached our 30s
but NOAP no anchor babies outchea

here for dis.

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 11:43 AM

8. "onetwothreefourfive."
In response to Reply # 0

one.
i don't hate my job (yet) but it does come with some headaches. we have to give out those little plastic bags that newspapers come in to the different drivers. these niggas be acting like straight up children behind some bags man. coming back to ask for bags after manager already saw me give them bags and told me not to give them no more damn bags. shit is annoying as fuck. grown ass men. also the route i'm covering is getting easier but i wish they'd hire somebody for it already. although i do prefer it to sweeping up the warehouse oddly enough.

two.
been downloading (some purchases and some freebies) a LOT of music lately and have felt a jolt of inspiration from all the newer acts i been fucking with. this new job kinda threw me off my musical square for a second there but there's a lot happening in the next couple of weeks that will be advancing things.
bout to make my son a member of the group bc he's about to just be coming with me everywhere while i do this shit until he's back in preschool.

three.
my son is hilarious, crazy, frustrating, happy, cool, sweet, rude, always hungry, rambunctious, curious, intelligent, i could go on. he drives me aaaaalllll the way up the wall but that says more about me than him. i'm still learning to be patient with him. he is always patient with me even when he's being a pain.

four.
you blink once and summer is damn near over. i can't. i really need to make a 3-5 year plan to get outta here. winter depresses me more and more with each year. i need to move somewhere that's warm year around. or at least warm to cool. i can't take harsh winters or snow anymore. i be wanting to shoot the fair with mother nature.

five.
torey lanez got my new favorite song with 'say it'. best use of a 90s r&b sample i've heard since it's become a trend IMO. caught it on the radio the other day. sometimes listening to the radio is not so bad lol

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 02:27 PM

12. "RE: onetwothreefourfive."
In response to Reply # 8

>one.
>i don't hate my job (yet) but it does come with some
>headaches. we have to give out those little plastic bags that
>newspapers come in to the different drivers. these niggas be
>acting like straight up children behind some bags man. coming
>back to ask for bags after manager already saw me give them
>bags and told me not to give them no more damn bags. shit is
>annoying as fuck. grown ass men. also the route i'm covering
>is getting easier but i wish they'd hire somebody for it
>already. although i do prefer it to sweeping up the warehouse
>oddly enough.

This type of behavior is prevalent regardless of the business/field/corporation.

>
>two.
>been downloading (some purchases and some freebies) a LOT of
>music lately and have felt a jolt of inspiration from all the
>newer acts i been fucking with. this new job kinda threw me
>off my musical square for a second there but there's a lot
>happening in the next couple of weeks that will be advancing
>things.
>bout to make my son a member of the group bc he's about to
>just be coming with me everywhere while i do this shit until
>he's back in preschool.

All kids should be dj's and or hype(wo)men.
>
>three.
>my son is hilarious, crazy, frustrating, happy, cool, sweet,
>rude, always hungry, rambunctious, curious, intelligent, i
>could go on. he drives me aaaaalllll the way up the wall but
>that says more about me than him. i'm still learning to be
>patient with him. he is always patient with me even when he's
>being a pain.

Welcome to the highs and lows of parenthood. My son's teacher called me today---needless to say this weekend will be sour for everyone in the house.

>
>four.
>you blink once and summer is damn near over. i can't. i really
>need to make a 3-5 year plan to get outta here. winter
>depresses me more and more with each year. i need to move
>somewhere that's warm year around. or at least warm to cool. i
>can't take harsh winters or snow anymore. i be wanting to
>shoot the fair with mother nature.

I just want to the weather to be sweatshirt appropriate. I need cool air.
>
>five.
>torey lanez got my new favorite song with 'say it'. best use
>of a 90s r&b sample i've heard since it's become a trend IMO.
>caught it on the radio the other day. sometimes listening to
>the radio is not so bad lol

I'm gonna youtube it.
>
>
>

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 02:30 PM

15. "Oh sh*t that Brownstone sample is everything. "
In response to Reply # 12

the vevo video had to much going on in the beginning before the song began tho.

SHAstayhighalways
3696 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 04:16 PM

19. "i knew you'd appreciate it! :D"
In response to Reply # 15

but yea it was a lot of worthless non-acting at the beginning lol

www.royallegacy.org

SHAstayhighalways
3696 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 04:15 PM

18. "RE: onetwothreefourfive."
In response to Reply # 12

>>one.
>>i don't hate my job (yet) but it does come with some
>>headaches. we have to give out those little plastic bags
>that
>>newspapers come in to the different drivers. these niggas be
>>acting like straight up children behind some bags man.
>coming
>>back to ask for bags after manager already saw me give them
>>bags and told me not to give them no more damn bags. shit is
>>annoying as fuck. grown ass men. also the route i'm covering
>>is getting easier but i wish they'd hire somebody for it
>>already. although i do prefer it to sweeping up the
>warehouse
>>oddly enough.
>
>This type of behavior is prevalent regardless of the
>business/field/corporation.

idk man i've never encountered this shit before lol i guess i've never been in a position of "power" like this. the drivers are mostly haitian men so they try to either sweet dahlin baby me or just get mean lol over some damn bags its like if you don't get your as the fuck outta here with that shit jean lol

>>two.
>>been downloading (some purchases and some freebies) a LOT of
>>music lately and have felt a jolt of inspiration from all
>the
>>newer acts i been fucking with. this new job kinda threw me
>>off my musical square for a second there but there's a lot
>>happening in the next couple of weeks that will be advancing
>>things.
>>bout to make my son a member of the group bc he's about to
>>just be coming with me everywhere while i do this shit until
>>he's back in preschool.
>
>All kids should be dj's and or hype(wo)men.

agreed. i'm trying to have my son on stage with me spitting my rhymes one day like how sean price (RIP) had his daughter at the duck down bbq!

>>three.
>>my son is hilarious, crazy, frustrating, happy, cool, sweet,
>>rude, always hungry, rambunctious, curious, intelligent, i
>>could go on. he drives me aaaaalllll the way up the wall but
>>that says more about me than him. i'm still learning to be
>>patient with him. he is always patient with me even when
>he's
>>being a pain.
>
>Welcome to the highs and lows of parenthood. My son's teacher
>called me today---needless to say this weekend will be sour
>for everyone in the house.

aw damn. that used to be the story of my life as a kid. i missed so many parties and halloweens fucking around smh hopefully he gets it together lol

>>
>>four.
>>you blink once and summer is damn near over. i can't. i
>really
>>need to make a 3-5 year plan to get outta here. winter
>>depresses me more and more with each year. i need to move
>>somewhere that's warm year around. or at least warm to cool.
>i
>>can't take harsh winters or snow anymore. i be wanting to
>>shoot the fair with mother nature.
>
>I just want to the weather to be sweatshirt appropriate. I
>need cool air.

word. i can handle fall weather i actually love sweater/hoody weather but its that damn winter i can't stand!

www.royallegacy.org

rdhull
Charter member
33137 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 11:45 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. " I can't go see it by myself..lmao!"
In response to Reply # 0

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 02:27 PM

13. "Man, phuck him really. LOL "
In response to Reply # 9

SHAstayhighalways
3696 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 11:47 AM

10. "damn RE: the washing machine shit"
In response to Reply # 0

i would be pissed!

www.royallegacy.org

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 02:28 PM

14. "My pockets are lighter and my mood is sh*tty. "
In response to Reply # 10

tha_scientist
Member since Jun 04th 2003
557 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 01:43 PM

11. "12345"
In response to Reply # 0

I am getting soft in my old age. I saw or heard a couple stories that made me leak a little man juice out my eyes. One was this story on ESPN about the guy whose mom was one of the 9 killed in Charleston.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MMsVz7IOwQ
The other is this podcast from RadioLab (it was the credits at the end that got to me)
http://www.radiolab.org/story/grays-donation/
A little while ago my blood pressure was a little high when tested for work. Although I thought it was because I had bacon, coffee and was very busy that day, I got a little worried. I have been working out and eating better. At the health fair yesterday at work all my cholesterol, sugar numbers were all good as well as my blood pressure.
I celebrated by going to Five Guys and getting a double cheeseburger and fries (but kept it healthy because I had water)!
On the health tip one of my FB friends that is overweight posted that it is about time to get back into shape after her second kid and posted her map my run link. Why was her “workout” a distance of 1 mile which she completed in 20 minutes? She’s done this a couple times. I know you gotta start somewhere, but I’m hoping there are a couple pushups, squats or something else thrown in there.
I’ve done little work today and spent most of the morning researching the company that I have an interview with in a couple weeks.
I’m ready for football season, but the Bears won’t do shit this year. I’m trying to not get excited. I’m hoping that they don’t play Kevin White this year to let him fully heal. This will also let them get a good draft pick for a QB, but I don’t watch college football so I don’t know who that person would be.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 02:32 PM

16. "I've already prepared myself for a season full of disappointment being"
In response to Reply # 11
Fri Aug-21-15 02:32 PM by Fishgrease

that I am an Atlanta Falcons fan.

and thanks for that first link..i'm watching now.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79619 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 03:50 PM

17. "lemme try this 5 shit"
In response to Reply # 0

job interview
just had a job interview for a position at a nice university. I think I kinda knocked it out the park but now I'm like..."man, why did I say THAT SHIT instead of..." but yeah, even if I don't make it to the next round its nice to hear people praise my work. I'm going to make a little pdf thank you booklet over the weekend to win them over.

uber
man, I love seeing another paycheck hit my account. I don't think I will work tonight tho cause I hate having large groups in my car.

stevie wonder
I just got these tickets. we on the upper level but we are 2nd or 3rd row.

baby
9 weeks til this baby gets here. I can't wait. I can but not really. We are having a baby shower at Taco Mac on the first weekend of college football. My baby was afraid it would be a thin crowd so we invited the fellas and got a private room. 20 people on the list so far, we about to party. They better bring gifts too... baby need a new pare of everythang!!!

straight outta compton
still haven't seen that shit but that will end TONIGHT!!!

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Sat Aug-22-15 08:38 AM

21. "I saw Straight outta Compton by way of a stream and "
In response to Reply # 17

Fell asleep.

I doubt I even attempt to watch it again.

I lived thru that era...

KingMonte
4675 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 06:28 PM

20. "5 Song Friday: Horn Sections"
In response to Reply # 0

http://lsrules.podomatic.com/entry/2015-08-21T00_00_00-07_00

I have a 400 year old chip on my shoulder.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12885005 Previous topic | Next topic