Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12879951

Subject: "The 5ive™" Previous topic | Next topic
Fishgrease
Member since Feb 13th 2006
34460 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 09:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The 5ive™"
Fri Aug-14-15 09:44 AM by Fishgrease

Ready For The World
-------------------

Today I move.

ain't much more to it. I'm ready for the change. Ready to wear the clothes that are packed away in boxes as I have been living out of a clothes basket for 2 months now. I want the tv mounted on the wall. I want to finally test out this NestCam. All the little home gadgets that I bought over the past 60+ days that have been sittin' in boxes will now get a chance to be used (or returned).

Terrence Trent D'arby
---------------------
I told my son that if he made the Principals list this year that I would let him go to Space Camp next summer for a week. He has hit the ground running so far. Homework is done by the time he gets home (for the most part anyway), he is reading for 45 mins- an hour before bed. Hasn't even been watching much tv outside of a few youtube videos about Minecraft.

I am gonna have to come off that $1000.

It's a bitter sweet parting I suppose.

Anquette
---------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5hKTX7BzBc
When I was in middle school this was my muhphuckan jam.

I remember slow dancin' to this song and this young tender thang put her hand in my front pocket. We went together for all of 3 weeks. I knew it was love. It was fate that brought us together for them 15 days. She made me feel like a MAYNE.
She kung-fu gripped me durin' a love song. I knew it was love.

Then her (house) phone got turned off and back in 88-89, you ain't have noooooooooo choice but to move on in life and find you another young tender thang.

We ain't even officially break up---we just stopped talkin'.

Young love was brutal in the 80's,yo... gotdamn.

Donny Hathaway - A Dream
--------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc-Gw2xFmrQ

My girl and the kids ganged up on me and decided THEY are going on a cruise. Muhphuckas ain't even include me in the convo. This must be gang up on Kae week or some sh*t. I come home to brochures and December departure dates. WTF?

I wanna say NO just to be spiteful but that sh*t does indeed look like it'll be fun. Plus anytime you can wear shorts when you'd normally be bundled up with winter apparel is indeed a win.

Mary J Blige
------------

We really fell for Andre Harrell and his "titling of artist bullsh*t. The Queen of Hip Hop Soul. I can't name a Mary J single past her Share My World album. Her fan base runs deep though especially them 45+ year old women but gotdamn if there is a popular artist who's current output of music I CANT stomach---It's Mary Jane Blige.

She's like the R&B T.I., I respect and know the early sh*t but anything of the past 10 or so years is pretty much huff.

Anyway gim'me five

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: The 5ive™
Aug 14th 2015
Congrats. I'm happy for you!!!
Aug 14th 2015
congrats!!!
Aug 14th 2015
Congrats
Aug 14th 2015
RE: The 5ive™
Aug 14th 2015
Good deal. I have been going back and forth as to whether I want
Aug 14th 2015
      RE: Charly
Aug 14th 2015
           if only my son liked ice cream....life would be grand.
Aug 14th 2015
                RE: if only my son liked ice cream....life would be grand.
Aug 14th 2015
Aug 14th 2015
RE: 5
Aug 14th 2015
      LOL!
Aug 14th 2015
five quickies
Aug 14th 2015
nothing in life beats sittin' on the couch in ya drawls with a
Aug 14th 2015
      except sittin' on the couch in ya drawls with a remote in one hand
Aug 14th 2015
Number 3 on the way
Aug 14th 2015
Congrats....
Aug 14th 2015
5 rap groups NOT named NWA
Aug 14th 2015
Aug 14th 2015
Aug 14th 2015
i don't know if we can be friends re: mary j blige
Aug 14th 2015

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 09:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: The 5ive™"
In response to Reply # 0

1. My hubby got the job! He gets his formal offer next week! But, its pretty much a given that we will be moving to the Bay Area in November! So excited!!!

2. New Blog Post: http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com/2015/08/constant-vs-changerecovering-from-add.html

3. I am trying to get my mother-in-law to Louisiana by the end of September. My in-laws are happy she's moving back. But, I'm wondering how long that feeling will last. My mom is moving on her land in MS. I'm going to miss having her so close. She said she probably won't move until we are settled in CA.

4. Going to chill with one of my friends for lunch. So excited!!!!

5. I'm in such a great mood. Life is so good. I am blessed. OMG! I will be nearby a several cities with professional FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL!!!!!! I think I'm about to break out in my happy dance again!!!

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 10:01 AM

2. "Congrats. I'm happy for you!!! "
In response to Reply # 1

---------------------------------------
blog: www.wonderfullyhorrible.blogspot.com
instagram: Fishgrease
twitter: wooly_caesar
Podcast www.soundcloud.com/circlegang

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 10:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "congrats!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

______
gnap.

Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8677 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 10:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "Congrats"
In response to Reply # 1

Hope you both love it out there

Boogiedwn
8677 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 10:08 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "RE: The 5ive™"
In response to Reply # 0

>
>Terrence Trent D'arby
>---------------------
>I told my son that if he made the Principals list this year
>that I would let him go to Space Camp next summer for a week.
>He has hit the ground running so far. Homework is done by the
>time he gets home (for the most part anyway), he is reading
>for 45 mins- an hour before bed. Hasn't even been watching
>much tv outside of a few youtube videos about Minecraft.
>
>I am gonna have to come off that $1000.
>
>It's a bitter sweet parting I suppose.
>

Man he's gonna love it, Charly went this Summer for the robotics camp. She wants to go back for the space camp (they get to keep the rockets they make while there).

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 10:16 AM

4. "Good deal. I have been going back and forth as to whether I want "
In response to Reply # 3
Fri Aug-14-15 10:16 AM by Fishgrease

him to go for the winter break but then if I do he'll attempt to get me out of another $1000 next summer to do something else. .

Did Charly enjoy it?

Boogiedwn
8677 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 10:42 AM

8. "RE: Charly"
In response to Reply # 4

She had a ball, met some really cool girls in her group. They had free ice cream everyday after dinner so anything else they did was a plus to her.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 10:51 AM

14. "if only my son liked ice cream....life would be grand. "
In response to Reply # 8

but he doesnt.

Hell he doesn't even like cake.

You ever try to throw a kids bday party when your child doesn't eat ice cream or cake? Sh*t is real awkward.

Boogiedwn
8677 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 12:20 PM

19. "RE: if only my son liked ice cream....life would be grand. "
In response to Reply # 14

lol

Sha
Member since Mar 25th 2004
68452 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 10:28 AM

6. "5"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Aug-14-15 10:46 AM by Sha

5. These little getaways have been doing me some good since my long term vacays were moot this season.

4. Dilemma no mo!

3. My ex got an attitude after out talk Monday. When I asked did he think he was sending mixed signals he holla no. SMH. I don't know what's going on with him. Maybe the hoes he has aren't doing it. *shrugs*

2. A friends BFF was going to surprise her with an all expense paid trip to San Juan. She'd been planning this since April/May. The Hotel is paid for but, the BFF just told her friend she'd have to gather her own flight. That's all well and fine if the friend wasnt unemployed. She's now Hot! because the trip is less than 2 months away.

1. I think something is wrong with my gastrointestinals. My stomach has been on tilt for sometime now. I initially chalked it up to my regular ass stomach but, this is different

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 10:47 AM

11. "RE: 5"
In response to Reply # 6

>5. These little getaways have been doing me some good since
>my long term vacays were moot this season.

I need a quick vacay...possibly I'll hit the beach for Labor Day.
>
>4. I'm stuck in a dilemma. I won tickets to a wine and beer
>fest. The person I picked to go initially had wheels...now
>they don't. So I had to come up with a contingency plan.
>It's either get a zip car or uber it. The thing about using
>my zip credits is I have a lot of shit to do this month. Like
>household shit. So that leaves Uber. An uber one way is 38
>bucks. We can easily split that. So that's the only option
>my guest has at this point. If they dont want it then, they
>can sit this one out.

You have such a life... I live thru you.
>
>3. My ex got an attitude after out talk Monday. When I asked
>did he think he was sending mixed signals he holla no. SMH.
>I don't know what's going on with him. Maybe the hoes he has
>aren't doing it. *shrugs*

key word-- HOES.
>
>2. A friends BFF was going to surprise her with an all
>expense paid trip to San Juan. She'd been planning this since
>April/May. The Hotel is paid for but, the BFF just told her
>friend she'd have to gather her own flight. That's all well
>and fine if the friend wasnt unemployed. She's now Hot!
>because the trip is less than 2 months away.

She better get a fundme account.
>
>1. I think something is wrong with my gastrointestinals. My
>stomach has been on tilt for sometime now. I initially
>chalked it up to my regular ass stomach but, this is different
>

I had some chickfila (that ol' salty ass sh*t) that did not want to mix with my breakroom brew of coffee. I had to make a bee line to the handicap stalls on the lower level of our office building.

I came out 10 lbs lighter---then I hopped back in my low rider (C) Ice Cube

Sha
Member since Mar 25th 2004
68452 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 11:07 AM

15. "LOL!"
In response to Reply # 11

i only have chicken mini's from chikfila. my stomach cant handle much else. LOL

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 10:31 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "five quickies"
In response to Reply # 0

1 - it is now 82 degrees in my office. it feels like they turned off the ac in the bldg. my only respite is being in the lab where it's much cooler. guess who ain't staying here long.

2 - i ended up not going to see miguel. the nj date got moved to nyc anyway and i didn't feel like missing kickboxing. i watched a livestream on yahoo and it was almost like being there. good enough.

3 - got the house to myself this wknd. i already been using the bathroom with the door open and sitting on the couch in my drawlz.

4 - invitations went out this week. woohoo!

5 - my lil cousin is turning nine and wanted a zebra dessert table with lollipop topiaries for her party. i finished sticking all the dum dums in the foam but i still gotta paint the pots and make the bows. and really i still have a bunch of other stuff to do too. i'm working on it.

oh i guess that wasn't so quick after all *shrugs*

______
gnap.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 10:49 AM

12. "nothing in life beats sittin' on the couch in ya drawls with a "
In response to Reply # 7

remote in ya hand.

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 11:08 AM

16. "except sittin' on the couch in ya drawls with a remote in one hand"
In response to Reply # 12

and food in the other

______
gnap.

EmDub
Member since Oct 14th 2003
6620 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 10:46 AM

10. "Number 3 on the way"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Aug-14-15 10:49 AM by EmDub

1. Happened real quick, decided to try and boom

2. I was just about happy getting the other two out of that phase and enjoying them growing and now it's back to screaming babies and diapers.

3. My ass is getting old, 37 when this baby is born.

4. I am so happy we are in a house this time. First two were condo living which always lead to worrying about noise and room. Now we have a house, extra bedroom and plenty of room.

5. Money, money, money.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 10:50 AM

13. "Congrats...."
In response to Reply # 10

I like kids---just not enough to bring another into the world.

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 11:09 AM

17. "5 rap groups NOT named NWA"
In response to Reply # 0

*2 Live Crew*

-setting my car's clock a few minutes ahead doesn't really work for me cuz i remember that I did it and I mentally do the subtraction to adjust the time to real time so i don't end up getting places earlier...

*Wu Tang*

-i was listening to Just Rhymin' with Biz this morning and for the first time in my life i realized i've never known a girl by the name of Rhoda...

AND

as far as watching Star Wars just to see Yoda or R2D2...i remembered that i didn't see any of the star wars movies in the theaters when they first came out. i saw all the first 3 in the mid to late '90s when they re-released them in theaters

*ATCQ*

-i think the drug dealing economy is kinda like mcdonalds. the kid on the corner gets paid like the kid on fries. the guy supplying a couple of corners gets paid like a district manager with a few stores in his region. if you got shipments going to multiple states, you're probably bring in VP type money.

*Outkast*

-i run into so many CNA/GNA chicks who are party promoters at night & on weekends. i wonder if that's strictly a Baltimore thing...

*Run-DMC*

-a little while back i participated in a 10 mile march. if you ever want to know what kind of shape you're in, walk 10 miles. i walked around limping for 2 days after that.

now the same group is planning on marching from Baltimore to DC. which can be anywhere from 35-45 miles depending on the starting & stopping points.

if the 10 had me hobbling, i think 35 will have me in a wheel chair for a week...

https://instagram.com/p/6Xio8VSUaG/?taken-by=300menmarch

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...

Sepia.
Member since Feb 25th 2009
12896 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 12:15 PM

18. "5"
In response to Reply # 0

1. My dog is the best dog.
Even though he gobbled up a whole bowl of cat food this morning and then threw it up on my bed.
I can't stay mad at him for longer than 5 minutes, because he's such an awesome dog.

2. Had a little spat with a coworker earlier this week.
Well, it wouldn't even quite count as a spat, since I never got upset with her.
But I did have the supervisor move me to another position for the rest of my shift
so we weren't near each other. Everyone was on my side and giving me little sneaky approvals,
but I was mainly irritated that I had to show a little of that side of me at work.

3. I was getting all melancholy about not having a boyfriend, then I realized
that I only wanted one because I was bored. lol.
I wonder if people really get into relationships for this reason?

4. Went to the craft store and geeked out over all the Halloween and Christmas stuff.
My alternate reality self is buying tons of craft supplies to decorate the house Martha Stewart style.

5. Some love would be really nice right about now if I could get some.

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 03:46 PM

20. "12345."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Aug-14-15 03:55 PM by SHAstayhighalways

one.
i want to get a cover up for my neck tattoo SOON. whatever i get is going to have to be 3 times bigger than what's already there so i just gotta resign myself to being one of those people that will be judged for having mad ink on my neck but i don't care i just really want to get what's there covered. i'm getting closer to actually getting it done. i will be so happy when the time comes, judgement be damned.

two.
i had to stop drinking because while it was helping me get to sleep it was making it hard to wake up for work. limiting my drinking to my day off. so far i'm good.

three.
i have a kids birthday party i RSVP'd for on saturday for a friend that i haven't really hung out with in years. it's a pool party and i'm on my period. i will not be going. i'm usually the last
person to flake on shit so i don't feel bad about it. my son won't be able to go into the pool bc he can't swim and i would feel weird to have somebody else holding him in the pool. i know HER but i don't know whoever else is going to be there. it would just be weird. so i'm not going.

four.
i went to the mall to get a few things i need and only walked out with a book for my son from barnes & noble. i HATE shopping for clothes. i walked into old navy and they were having a great sale and i just walked right the fuck out. i just felt mad overwhelmed. plus i had my son with me. i don't put him in a stroller anymore so shopping is that much more stressful trying to keep an eye on him.

five.
i realized the other day that i'm still technically addicted to cigarettes. i hate the smell and i don't smoke regularly. every once in a blue, like literally once or twice a year i'll have one while I'm drunk as hell and somebody's smoking i'll be like yo buss me down or cop a loose. on the day to day though i don't think about it. but there's always that once or twice a year.

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 03:54 PM

21. "i don't know if we can be friends re: mary j blige"
In response to Reply # 0

:(

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

Lobby General Discussion topic #12879951 Previous topic | Next topic