Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12866673

Subject: "This just doesn't sound like good advice for dealing with the cops" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49401 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"This just doesn't sound like good advice for dealing with the cops"

https://instagram.com/p/5uxQbdryeH/

In my instagram feed:

"IF YOU BLACK AND SEE ANOTHER BLACK MAN OR WOMAN BEING PULLED OVER OR STOPPED IN SREET BY COP YOU PULL UP AND STAND TO SIDE UNTIL COP LEAVES THAT SHOWS UNITY EVEN IF YOU DONT KNOW THE BROTHER OR SISTER .. TOO MANY PPL GETTING KILLED AND BEAT BY COPS BECAUSE WE DONT STAND BY EACHOTHERS SIDE WE JUST KEEP IT MOVING ...NAH THATS COWARDLY...
YOU GO OVER AND ASK SISTER OR BROTHER ARE YOU OK? AND YOU STAND PUT UNTIL COP IS DONE HARASSING AND YOU RECORD AS YOU YOU STAND FIRM"

What say you?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
you can't go half Panther.
Jul 29th 2015
I stand by just so they see me. I obviously don't interfere.
Jul 29th 2015
Good distance away, camera ready. I've done that.
Jul 29th 2015
*shrugs*
Jul 29th 2015
Naw, he is encouraging others to do it
Jul 29th 2015
      cool.
Jul 29th 2015
this how i got locked up.
Jul 29th 2015
i don't see the issue....this goes on in the hood anyways
Jul 29th 2015
standing in the vicinity sure...not side by side.
Jul 29th 2015
      i dont think he meant that literally...and even if he did...as long as
Jul 29th 2015
           cops aren't going to let you stand beside someone they are questioning
Jul 29th 2015
           they will if you deep enough....i think we proved that a few months
Jul 29th 2015
           This ain't the type of thing where you speak figuratively or with hyperb...
Jul 29th 2015
                bu....lol....nevermind...ok
Jul 29th 2015
if im on foot and see someone getting pressed by the cops...
Jul 29th 2015
lol that reminds of me when i saw my wife get pulled over while i was
Jul 29th 2015
Man, My Wife Snitched On Me
Jul 29th 2015
I don't want anyone antagonizing the cops while I'm dealing with them
Jul 29th 2015
lol this is true too.
Jul 29th 2015
I've seen this done at protests as well as dearrests
Jul 29th 2015

IkeMoses
Charter member
70875 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "you can't go half Panther."
In response to Reply # 0

-30-
You know it's drama, but it sound real good.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:15 PM

2. "I stand by just so they see me. I obviously don't interfere. "
In response to Reply # 0

Thankfully I've never been in a situation where that had to be weighed.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49401 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:18 PM

4. "Good distance away, camera ready. I've done that. "
In response to Reply # 2

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:17 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "*shrugs*"
In response to Reply # 0

if that's what he wants to do.

fuck you.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49401 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:20 PM

5. "Naw, he is encouraging others to do it "
In response to Reply # 3
Wed Jul-29-15 02:24 PM by Buddy_Gilapagos

If I am dealing with the cop, I wouldn't want someone to come over and get involve by asking me "if I am okay" unless it looked like I wasn't okay.

Pulling up in a car when a cop has me pulled over might get us both shot.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "cool."
In response to Reply # 5

fuck you.

Kwesi
Member since Jan 11th 2004
7370 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:23 PM

6. "this how i got locked up."
In response to Reply # 0

yeah, i stood in front of the cop car.

yeah, i almost got run over.

yeah, they lied about the whole incident.

im a new fan of them cameras.

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:24 PM

7. "i don't see the issue....this goes on in the hood anyways"
In response to Reply # 0

=======================================
Coolin...

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59180 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:28 PM

9. "standing in the vicinity sure...not side by side."
In response to Reply # 7

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

ambient1
41077 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:39 PM

12. "i dont think he meant that literally...and even if he did...as long as"
In response to Reply # 9

u not obstructing or hindering an arrest then its well within your right

Coolin...

Cenario
59180 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:42 PM

13. "cops aren't going to let you stand beside someone they are questioning"
In response to Reply # 12
Wed Jul-29-15 02:43 PM by Cenario

as soon as they tell you to step aside and you don't its curtains.

and if you posting something like that on instagram a nice percentage of folks is gonna take what you are saying literally.

edit i misread: he said stand to side. I still think he should emphasize at some distance tho lol

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

ambient1
41077 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:47 PM

14. "they will if you deep enough....i think we proved that a few months"
In response to Reply # 13

ago...and we = bmore

Coolin...

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49401 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:48 PM

15. "This ain't the type of thing where you speak figuratively or with hyperb..."
In response to Reply # 12

If he wasn't being literal then he should chose his words more wisely before this goes viral and folks start running up and standing side by side with people talking to the cops.

I wouldn't trust folks on the net to parse what he meant.

ambient1
41077 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:56 PM

18. "bu....lol....nevermind...ok"
In response to Reply # 15

Coolin...

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:27 PM

8. "if im on foot and see someone getting pressed by the cops..."
In response to Reply # 0

i'm recording but i aint pullin my car over at every brotha or sista i see on the side of the road

Cenario
59180 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:33 PM

11. "lol that reminds of me when i saw my wife get pulled over while i was"
In response to Reply # 0

waiting for her to pick me up.

I got the officers attn from at least 25 ft away. Approached very slowly with both hands up and explained that it was my wife and i just wanted to make sure everything was ok. They checked my ID and let me sit in the car while they ran the plates and everything.

I felt silly as ckuf walking over to them like that(this was like 2yrs ago) but sheeit, didn't know what else to do so that they wouldn't interpret it as some sort of threat.

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 03:15 PM

19. "Man, My Wife Snitched On Me"
In response to Reply # 11

We got pulled over, and I was in the backseat feeding our son, who was about 4 months old at the time. The cop stops and she's freaking out. I tell her to calm down, and be easy. The cop jokingly said you were going a little fast there. She smiles at him, he asks to see the license and registration. She immediately says this isn't her car (meaning the one I bought her for XMas), that it's mine, and points to the back seat. I look around, and I get pulled out the car.

After a bunch of questions, I get a seat belt ticket, even though I explained I was feeding a baby. Not even the head from my wife apology made me happy that day.

She's gotten better though...a lot looser around the cops (although I do 99% of the driving now)

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:52 PM

16. "I don't want anyone antagonizing the cops while I'm dealing with them"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jul-29-15 02:56 PM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

If it looks like something strange is happening, then yes help out. Observe and report.

But if everything is copacetic, don't go swatting at the wasp nest on my behalf. Leave me the hell out of it

Cenario
59180 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:54 PM

17. "lol this is true too."
In response to Reply # 16

afrogirl_lost
Member since May 22nd 2012
3062 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 08:43 PM

20. "I've seen this done at protests as well as dearrests"
In response to Reply # 0

You have to be very strategic. The average person just doesn't have the training or experience to pull this off. This is one of my main negative critiques of the movement. People will have to start interfering if we want police terrorism to end.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12866673 Previous topic | Next topic