Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12866395

Subject: "Mechanic Damage my Car" Previous topic | Next topic
TR808
Member since Oct 24th 2012
2012 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 11:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Mechanic Damage my Car"

So I take my 2010 Chrysler 300 to a mechanic due to overheating issues

after paying 91 dollars to him he states the coolant valve was loose.so he tightened it and says the car is fine...

I picked the car up and drove it and it overheated again same day I picked it up.

I take it back and this time they road tested the car and damaged the transmission!!!!! now i need a new transmission (1600!!!) he says they wont pay for it because he thinks it had transmission issues before I brought it in...

Im thinking about taking him to small claims court. what are yall thoughts on it?

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
sue his ass
Jul 29th 2015
what did you pay him $91 for in the 1st place?
Jul 29th 2015
this entire story seems a bit strange...
Jul 29th 2015
      Because I paid 91 for a diagnostic fee
Jul 29th 2015
           i'm still stuck on the $91. They made you pay first, then they told you
Jul 29th 2015
           man, there is ALL manner of fuckedupness going on here....
Jul 29th 2015
So, in what sense do you think they damaged the transmission?
Jul 29th 2015
do you have an actual printed receipt of what was done...
Jul 29th 2015
Here's your problem:
Jul 29th 2015
lol smh
Jul 29th 2015
truth.com
Jul 29th 2015
damb, lol
Jul 29th 2015
Yep
Jul 29th 2015
ummm...i know u mad an all but errr uhhh...doesn't seem likely
Jul 29th 2015
nah, life damaged your car
Jul 29th 2015
Glad you said that
Jul 29th 2015
      so, they did an oil change, too?
Jul 29th 2015
           the narrative continues to change... lol
Jul 29th 2015
                lol...I want to put this together , mechanically, SO bad...
Jul 29th 2015
This one time, in band camp, I went to change my oil...but...
Jul 29th 2015
the plot thickens...
Jul 29th 2015
You Could Take Them To Court
Jul 29th 2015
Take it to another shop. They don't know what they're doing?
Jul 29th 2015
All the overheating probably caused the damage to the transmission.
Jul 29th 2015
right? the car's whole system is pressurized and likely the tightening o...
Jul 29th 2015
doesn't sound like it, IMO...
Jul 29th 2015
      lol...i was just gonna recommend dude check his trans fluid...
Jul 29th 2015
           dude said they tightened a coolant valve...I been pondering that all aft...
Jul 29th 2015
                its fairly obvious he doesn't really know auto parts (understandable)...
Jul 29th 2015
                     well, whatever it was...
Jul 29th 2015
                     MoPar or No Car!
Jul 29th 2015

SooperEgo
Charter member
11338 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 11:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "sue his ass"
In response to Reply # 0

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59176 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 11:48 AM

2. "what did you pay him $91 for in the 1st place?"
In response to Reply # 0

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 11:56 AM

3. "this entire story seems a bit strange..."
In response to Reply # 2
Wed Jul-29-15 11:57 AM by CyrenYoung

..if i'm reading this correctly:

- he paid for a diagnostic
- they found a coolant valve issue & repaired it
- picked up the car but its still overheating
- returned to the mechanic for further testing, only to be told that its a more serious issue (transmission)

it appears that they did a piss poor job on the initial diagnostic, but i'm still not sure why he thinks they damaged his transmission?

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

TR808
2012 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 12:59 PM

5. "Because I paid 91 for a diagnostic fee"
In response to Reply # 3

they claim it was a loose coolant valve leaking coolant they tightened it and filled it with coolant and said theycar was ready.

I paid and left after driving on the highway the car overheated again and I brought it back to the same shop.

They again called me and said they pressure tested it but the car is not overheating. But they were gonna drive it to check it.

The mechanic drove the car out on the highway and it overheated...

at this point he says he pulled over and shut the car off.

so they left it in a parking lot and when I went to get my key they told me it was in a parking lot down the street. when I jump in the car to turn it on the car starts and runs but I could not put it in gear. When I looked under the car there was transmission fluid all over the ground.

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Cenario
59176 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 01:02 PM

7. "i'm still stuck on the $91. They made you pay first, then they told you"
In response to Reply # 5

what was wrong???

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 01:05 PM

8. "man, there is ALL manner of fuckedupness going on here...."
In response to Reply # 5

I just...I can't begin to name it all.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

stravinskian
Member since Feb 24th 2003
12698 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 12:02 PM

4. "So, in what sense do you think they damaged the transmission?"
In response to Reply # 0

Like they just loosened some bolts before the test drive, for fun? Or just to try to screw you into buying a new transmission?

I don't see how you're gonna argue in court that the transmission was their fault.

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 01:01 PM

6. "do you have an actual printed receipt of what was done..."
In response to Reply # 0

cuz I'm struggling to understand what a leaking coolant valve is, exactly.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13571 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 01:07 PM

9. "Here's your problem:"
In response to Reply # 0

>Chrysler

Cenario
59176 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 01:21 PM

11. "lol smh"
In response to Reply # 9

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 03:09 PM

19. "truth.com"
In response to Reply # 9

My lady got a new Jeep Grand Cherokee a couple years ago. I told her good for you, but no dollar of mine will ever go toward a Chrysler product. 2 years later, that SOB is on its third transmission, lolol. The clownage has been endless

Binladen
Charter member
14123 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 03:48 PM

22. "damb, lol"
In response to Reply # 9

Roadblock
Charter member
7871 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 08:34 PM

31. "Yep"
In response to Reply # 9

@GetoutTheroom
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
https://twitter.com/Jayric

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 01:16 PM

10. "ummm...i know u mad an all but errr uhhh...doesn't seem likely"
In response to Reply # 0

=======================================
Coolin...

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 01:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "nah, life damaged your car"
In response to Reply # 0

they drove it...

they did something all mechanics do to figure out what the issue is...

it's not like they were under the hood when it happened...they were driving it and seeing as how that's what cars do...it's just a coincidence it happened while they were driving it...

might even explain the overheating to boot

unfortunate but they don't seem to be at fault based on the details so far

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

TR808
2012 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:03 PM

13. "Glad you said that"
In response to Reply # 12

>they drove it...
>
>they did something all mechanics do to figure out what the
>issue is..

Im not a mechanic If i bring you my car and tell you its overheating you should tell me WHY

I got a reciept that says they checked everything on the car with check marks and signed by the mechanic.
>
>it's not like they were under the hood when it happened...they
>were driving it and seeing as how that's what cars do...it's
>just a coincidence it happened while they were driving it...
>
I drove the car when they gave it back to me and I had no transmission issues... never had any... that same day they did an oil change... ne

>might even explain the overheating to boot

so now im getting all kinds of explainations that could have prevented me from having to get a new transmission...

AGAIN how can you tell me what happened

im not gonna re type it its up there... but
i take my car in.. NO transmission issues...My car is in their care and now my transmission is gone...
>unfortunate but they don't seem to be at fault based on the
>details so far

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:06 PM

14. "so, they did an oil change, too?"
In response to Reply # 13

What are they saying now as far as what the issue actually is? What's the conversation?

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 03:10 PM

20. "the narrative continues to change... lol"
In response to Reply # 14
Wed Jul-29-15 03:13 PM by CyrenYoung

..don't get me wrong, i've seen my fair share of crooked mechanics, but its strange how there's now the inclusion of an oil change?

*KanyeShrug*

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 03:13 PM

21. "lol...I want to put this together , mechanically, SO bad..."
In response to Reply # 20

but I need ALL the info.

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44615 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:09 PM

15. "This one time, in band camp, I went to change my oil...but..."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jul-29-15 02:09 PM by FLUIDJ

the plug I unscrewed was actually NOT the oil plug...it was the transmission fluid drain plug....

Luckily I knew the difference in the color...or else....

SO yeah, I think it's VERY plausible that a mechanic could make the same mistake....and instead of owning up to it....just act like it didn't happen. If the Chrysler 200 is anything like my old 2002 A4, you can't just put the plug on and top the trans fluid off....it's a pretty involved refilling process that has to be done with an appropriate pressuring valve or something...I still don't understand the mechanics of it...I just know it required a trip to the proper shop that had the proper equipment to perform the job.....

so yeah...I don't know if you got a case...but you do have valid reason for suspicion IMO..

"Get ready..for your blessing..."

ndibs
Member since Aug 06th 2012
12715 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:17 PM

17. "the plot thickens..."
In response to Reply # 15

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:15 PM

16. "You Could Take Them To Court"
In response to Reply # 0

And probably win.

Only because if it's printed on the receipt the work that was done and the original problem (my mechanic puts in writing CAME IN FOR XYZ - DIAGNOSTIC PRICE - PARTS - LABOR...spells everything out).

If they said the car was OK and misdiagnosed the problem, that's on them. You paid them for a professional opinion/solution and they fucked up.

But if it's not on the receipt, you might be eff'd in the A

unfukwitable
Charter member
22112 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
18. "Take it to another shop. They don't know what they're doing?"
In response to Reply # 0

======================================
http://www.zuitomedia.com/

Binladen
Charter member
14123 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 03:52 PM

23. "All the overheating probably caused the damage to the transmission."
In response to Reply # 0

Fishgrease
Member since Feb 13th 2006
34460 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 03:55 PM

24. "right? the car's whole system is pressurized and likely the tightening o..."
In response to Reply # 23

the initial valve blew a few seals here and there----there being a transmission seal.

---------------------------------------
blog: www.wonderfullyhorrible.blogspot.com
instagram: Fishgrease
twitter: wooly_caesar
Podcast www.soundcloud.com/circlegang

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 04:08 PM

25. "doesn't sound like it, IMO..."
In response to Reply # 23

I'd really like to know what this "coolant valve" is, though.

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 04:09 PM

26. "lol...i was just gonna recommend dude check his trans fluid..."
In response to Reply # 25
Wed Jul-29-15 04:10 PM by ambient1

if he see's the flakes then _____

but yeah...coolant valve is funny

=======================================
Coolin...

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 04:10 PM

27. "dude said they tightened a coolant valve...I been pondering that all aft..."
In response to Reply # 26

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 06:19 PM

28. "its fairly obvious he doesn't really know auto parts (understandable)..."
In response to Reply # 27

..but the coolant valve?

is it possible the coolant hose was loose enough to allow air to seep into the overflow?

not sure if that's what they were referring to in the initial assessment after the first diagnostic.

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 06:24 PM

29. "well, whatever it was..."
In response to Reply # 28

the assertion was that it was leaking and therefore the car overheated due to being low on coolant. So, why did it overheat when homey picked it up and took it home? That's the next thing I'm trying to understand...but then the oil change happened...shit is like them R Kelly in the closet videos...more info keeps coming out.

josetheplumber
Member since Nov 12th 2008
300 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 06:50 PM

30. "MoPar or No Car!"
In response to Reply # 28

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chrysler+300m+coolant+bleeder+valve

Lobby General Discussion topic #12866395 Previous topic | Next topic