Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12864670

Subject: "Now black people can't even BBQ in their own backyards" Previous topic | Next topic
GameTheory
Member since Jun 06th 2012
1642 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 03:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Now black people can't even BBQ in their own backyards"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu8bODcFfAQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
probably coming to BK very soon
Jul 27th 2015
real talk: neighbors callin' 911 on other neighbors in bk...
Jul 27th 2015
      in that scenario, calling 911 seems reasonable
Jul 27th 2015
           indeed...
Jul 27th 2015
FLORIDAONTHEBEAT!
Jul 27th 2015
real talk, I use charcoal and wood
Jul 27th 2015
real talk.. that was a soft ass post
Jul 27th 2015
Apparently the homie has a commercial grill in his backyard. Guess what?
Jul 27th 2015
Per the video, no other houses who bbq'd had complaints
Jul 27th 2015
      check the body of my post. 14 of 15 complaints came from that one lady.
Jul 27th 2015
So this is the "commercial" grill dude was using, FOH
Jul 27th 2015
this pic shows a bigger grill behind it...
Jul 27th 2015
maybe its my area but i was just tellin my folks how i rarely see...
Jul 27th 2015

bonamie
Charter member
60263 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 03:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "probably coming to BK very soon"
In response to Reply # 0

UNLOL

-----------------------------------
we aint the two and i aint the one- lyte

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 03:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "real talk: neighbors callin' 911 on other neighbors in bk..."
In response to Reply # 1
Mon Jul-27-15 03:46 PM by CyrenYoung

..this just happened last week to my next door neighbor.

granted, it wasn't about BBQ (he created a small controlled brush fire to smoke out insects/mosquitos), but still. just gettin' home from work and i smell smoke (dark, not white). immediately search for the source, only to find heavy smoke sifting over my backyard fence.

i peak over the fence to find him & one of his workers scrambling to get a handle on the burn. all good, no harm, no foul. even offered my metal trash can to prevent any issues in the future.

unfortunately this convo happened a few minutes too late. another neighbor had already called the fire dept. of course, they can't leave without getting eyes on the actual issue (evidence). fortunately they only gave him a warning. lol.

like i said, all good, but something like that in close quarters (ie: BK) can quickly spiral into a tragedy.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

KosherSam
Member since Mar 18th 2004
70132 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 03:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "in that scenario, calling 911 seems reasonable"
In response to Reply # 8

the buildings are in close quarters, and there was a fire that you say they were struggling to control. let the professional fire controllers handle that.

*Jews you*

"this is okp tho, reading is completely optional" (c) desus

Proceed with caution. I am overtly racist.

<-- In Pigpen we trust

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 04:07 PM

12. "indeed..."
In response to Reply # 9

..she was certainly right to call the fire dept.

of course, they weren't happy when they saw the source of the fire and quickly reprimanded him for it (brush fires are illegal in residential areas of nyc).

meanwhile, the firefighter told me to invite them over for smores from the fire-pit this fall LOL.

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 03:09 PM

2. "FLORIDAONTHEBEAT!"
In response to Reply # 0

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 03:12 PM

3. "real talk, I use charcoal and wood"
In response to Reply # 0

and I've wondered about the environmental impact of my BBQing

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79829 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 04:01 PM

10. "real talk.. that was a soft ass post"
In response to Reply # 3
Mon Jul-27-15 04:08 PM by legsdiamond

why would you think about that bullshit?

I swear yall niggas be trying way too hard sometimes...

just flip the meat and drink a beer.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

placee_22
Member since Sep 30th 2002
12956 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 03:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Apparently the homie has a commercial grill in his backyard. Guess what?"
In response to Reply # 0

IDGAF, that's some bullshit.

But...

“There have been 15 smoke and odor complaints received since September 2014 related to the subject residence, none of which resulted in a citation from the county. Fourteen of those complaints came from one neighbor. Additionally, the City of St. Petersburg issued a citation to the property owner in 2014 regarding the possession of commercial grilling equipment in a residential neighborhood.

“In June of this year, in an attempt to address the numerous complaints and educate the homeowner, the county mailed an advisory letter to the property owner which detailed the county and state regulations regarding open burning. In addition, the letter provided suggestions which would minimize the impact of smoke and odor on neighbors from grilling activities.

Woodard attempted to emphasize a point that was nonetheless lost on the internet: “It is important to note that we were not there to regulate barbecue grilling.”

GameTheory
Member since Jun 06th 2012
1642 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 03:26 PM

5. "Per the video, no other houses who bbq'd had complaints"
In response to Reply # 4

that one neighbor is targeting them

placee_22
12956 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 03:29 PM

6. "check the body of my post. 14 of 15 complaints came from that one lady."
In response to Reply # 5

placee_22
12956 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 03:31 PM

7. "So this is the "commercial" grill dude was using, FOH"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jul-27-15 03:33 PM by placee_22

I thought it was funny at first, but fuck Pinellas County and Dude's neighbor.

I thought the nigga had a grill the size of a shed back there or someshit. This the same grill damn near everybody that bbq has.

EDIT Forgot pic

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/071cfdf03cec0b3dd501a00ff1e1e988ccdd4bc3/r=x513&c=680x510/http/cdn.tegna-tv.com/-mm-/7d8e1a19982f090131e465e782a07157e501e800/c=20-0-439-315/local/-/media/2015/07/27/WTSP/WTSP/635736086654270079-BBQ-smoker-5.jpg

Scroll to the bottom for all the pics: http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015/07/27/too-much-bbq-smoke-for-pinellas-county-government/30723823/

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79829 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 04:05 PM

11. "this pic shows a bigger grill behind it..."
In response to Reply # 7

http://cdn.tegna-tv.com/-mm-/c75a93c4a9d381c0124a95ccc0b04a96d629c645/c=28-0-438-308&r=x483&c=640x480/local/-/media/2015/07/27/WTSP/WTSP/635736086653490074-BBQ-smoker-4.jpg

but still, that shit isn't big. I thought they were talking about some Food Network rotating rig rack grill.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 04:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "maybe its my area but i was just tellin my folks how i rarely see..."
In response to Reply # 0

smell folks cook out anymore.

when i was growing up we grilled cuz it was a tuesday and the sun was out.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12864670 Previous topic | Next topic