Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12862597

Subject: "Positive Friday" Previous topic | Next topic
teefiveten
Member since Oct 02nd 2008
33019 posts
Fri Jul-24-15 09:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Positive Friday"

dedicated to all the regs

a long week. stressful. spent a lot of time doing DJ/makossa stuff

but unfortunately, we have to cancel tomorrow's makossa this stuff ain't easy!

but next month is looking good. i hope it comes together

bought all the gear i need for my podcast! i just need to line up 2 more guests and set an appointment for the first show!

feeling sad. my residency is coming to an end next week. i love these month-long joints but i like spinning the space so much i get sad. i hope they invite me back in a few months!

i'm going to try and cool out and relax this weekend
work on some DJ stuff. this month was a huge influx of some GOOD music that i'm still wading through
take a fellow DJ out to brunch and plan next month's makossa

and tour my neighborhood for the day job. see about some land.

have a great one, guys!

like.me
http://tinyurl.com/3z8486u

"if the children are not initiated into the village they will burn it down just to feel its warmth." - african proverb

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
tgimff
Jul 24th 2015
My niece will be born sometime today!!
Jul 24th 2015
Yay Friday!
Jul 24th 2015
i.am.so.tired!
Jul 24th 2015

kinetic20
Charter member
19156 posts
Fri Jul-24-15 09:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "tgimff"
In response to Reply # 0

oh yay positive friday

a podcast?
so cool
what will it be about?

+ this weekend is the first since april with no weddings or events!
I AM SO HAPPY
mama needs a break

+ had three groups of friends in town this week and it was so fun meeting up with everyone and showing off the babes
i love my ppl

+ this morning i submitted a huge bid for an event with hendrick's next week
cross your fingers!
we also have a two week long gig with toms shoes for lolla
i love my job

+ finally getting over this food poisoning
yay food in my belly!

this weekend - maybe jazz in the park tonight, more friends in town, antique show, two baby birthday parties...
have a great two days everyone!!

i mean i give a fck but i don't give that much of a fck

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Fri Jul-24-15 09:49 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "My niece will be born sometime today!!"
In response to Reply # 0

my sister has been in labor for two days, they are finally doing the c-section! I'm so amped to see her. Going to Texas in two weeks to meet her!

I did the "Earn a free ticket" option with AfroPunk...They gave us all two tickets to the Saturday show! How amazing is that? I did want to see Lenny but Sat is the better overall show...and now I don't have to spend any money!

My hair looks amazing. I haven't washed it in two weeks...and I am thinking of not washing it for a third because it looks so cute.

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Fri Jul-24-15 12:26 PM

3. "Yay Friday!"
In response to Reply # 0

One more week until my vacation!

Going to try a free yoga class tomorrow
Sunday I need to finish errands before my trip

I'm just happy to have made it one more week
Baby steps

Have a safe weekend!

GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Fri Jul-24-15 03:19 PM

4. "i.am.so.tired!"
In response to Reply # 0

when the yellow king doesn't sleep well, NOBODY SLEEPS WELL

+ my in-laws are awesome, esp my SIL and MIL. SIL babysat overnight last night so we could have some adult time which funny enough was just us going to grab burgers, watching a movie at the crib and going to sleep, lol. so romantical. the MIL is going to take him sunday. PRAISE BABY JESUS!

+ got a few prints done but i'm kind of running out of steam. i think i need to take a bit of a break, the only problem is that i feel guilty when i do. it's kind of good tho, it keeps me progressing and making.

+ i was contacted by hyperallergic to comment on my FB post. i'm still drafting my response. i think this could be a good opportunity for me. i want to be a loud voice in the SD art scene so that changes can happen. i don't want to talk about it, i want to be about it.

+ nyc might happen. i'm crossing my fingers.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12862597 Previous topic | Next topic