Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12849897

Subject: "Driver's License Suspended Over $5" Previous topic | Next topic
Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59182 posts
Thu Jul-09-15 03:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Driver's License Suspended Over $5"

So in October 2014, I got Seatbelt ticket in Nassau County(was really speeding but the officer cut me a break)

I plead guilty by mail but never got notification from Nassau County about my fine amount. Next thing I know, I get a letter from a Collection Agency representing Nassau Traffic Violations saying that I owe $196 or my license will be suspended. I pay the $196.

Fast forward to June and I'm in Kings CountyTraffic Violations where my license is about to get suspended bc i missed a court date on an unrelated matter and they inform me that my license was suspended by Nassau County back in Oct 2014. I call Nassau and they are like I owed $201 and only paid $196! Now I owe $5 plus $70 license reinstatement fee.

I'm going to court tomorrow to fight the suspension and $70 fee. I've got a letter dated 7/8/15 from the collection agency stating that $196 was paid on 10/10/14 and the ticket is completely satisfied with a $0 balance, An 10/14/2014 letter from the agency saying the ticket is completely satisfied with a $0 balance and a printout from my CC showing a 10/16/14 charge to the agency for $204($196 plus proc fee)

My wife said i should have just ate the $70.

I gave her a speech about how if they do that to 100 people they';ll make like 1 million dollars(quick math ftw) and that they should waive the $70 plus the $5 for my pain and suffering.

What say you?

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Driver's License Suspended Over $5
Jul 09th 2015
living in new york will fuck up your credit...
Jul 09th 2015
Liking my chances...Lotta folks in here pleading down to jaywalking
Jul 10th 2015
Suspension lifted, pending fees waived with the apologies of the court
Jul 13th 2015

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Thu Jul-09-15 04:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Driver's License Suspended Over $5"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytNGPrbmZ0

ndibs
Member since Aug 06th 2012
12715 posts
Thu Jul-09-15 04:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "living in new york will fuck up your credit..."
In response to Reply # 0

buddy g had a story this week to. that beauracracy there is a bitch.

don't be someone who moves too.

one of the reasons i was glad to get out

and i stayed at my next apartment 5 yrs in part,t to get everything straight.

Cenario
59182 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 08:55 AM

3. "Liking my chances...Lotta folks in here pleading down to jaywalking"
In response to Reply # 0

Lol

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Cenario
59182 posts
Mon Jul-13-15 06:26 PM

4. "Suspension lifted, pending fees waived with the apologies of the court"
In response to Reply # 0

Thank you all for your help! lol

Lobby General Discussion topic #12849897 Previous topic | Next topic