Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12829016

Subject: "The 5ive ™ " Previous topic | Next topic
Fishgrease
Member since Feb 13th 2006
34460 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 08:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The 5ive ™ "
Fri Jun-12-15 09:25 AM by Fishgrease

Summer Rain
------------

Well not exactly but I have a damn summer cold and it's the worse. You ever had a hundred degree fever and it's 91 degrees outside? It's the closest I can imagine being microwaved as being.

Check Engine
-----------
I was in a rut last sunday and put some Quiktrip gas in the old PassatWagon. 3 miles down the road the bright orange check engine light went a glowing. Car sputtered home. Good thing I only put $10 worth of gas in that b*tch. I had an appointment to get the rear brake system looked at (and repaired) and I sputtered to that appointment, had them reset the light and then I put in some good ol' BP and now I'm riding as I should.

lesson learned. It's damn near better to run out of gas before you i risk putting that QT in my cars turbo engine. Funny thing is no one else seems to have that issue but me...

Greener Pastures
---------------
I move into my new apartment on July 25th. I should be excited. But I hate moving. It's only 1/4 mile from my old apartment (and less than 1.5 miles from my job) but it's all of 10 miles from where I currently happen to be resting my head (which if anyone knows Georgia traffic 10 miles means a 45 minute commute).

Younger
-------
I've been watching the show YOUNGER (via Hulu which originally airs on TVLand). I like it---which means loosely translates to it will not see a season 2. It's about a 40+ year old mother that's recently divorced and trying to get back into the workforce to no avail and as a result tries to pass herself as a 26 year old in order to find work. Simple. Funny and entertaining. I finished watching the first 9 episodes in times to now divert my attention to OITNB Season 3.

Kalief Browder
--------------

Hearing of this young man's passing the other day has just saddened me to no end. I hope that he's not easily and readily forgotten as most events that need change so often are. Though it's classified as a suicide, we know they murdered this boy. They robbed him of life years ago---he just made it final.

Gimme 5

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
5 things i find interesting about this year's NBA Finals
Jun 12th 2015
steph's mom is beautiful.
Jun 12th 2015
Re: Younger - I watch it too! its been renewed and coming back in januar...
Jun 12th 2015
thanks for the renewal heads up. I need a light hearted
Jun 12th 2015
my 5 and a question
Jun 12th 2015
RE: my 5 and a question
Jun 12th 2015
RE: The 5ive ™
Jun 12th 2015
damn, you need a DRANK! hope sh*t gets better
Jun 12th 2015
The 5ive ™
Jun 12th 2015
My dude...take a solo vacation.
Jun 12th 2015
      I agree! I just got back from a solo trip
Jun 12th 2015
five
Jun 12th 2015
i took a break from twitter and just came back not so long ago and
Jun 12th 2015
I've only got one:
Jun 12th 2015
damn. are y'all cordial at least now?
Jun 12th 2015
      well, like I said it was awkward. She said they gave my old phone to som...
Jun 12th 2015
           naw it ain't (very) cordial but I'm glad you got vengeance by not only
Jun 12th 2015
5 Song Friday: Magic
Jun 13th 2015
5 on a Saturday.
Jun 13th 2015
RE: 5 on a Saturday.
Jun 13th 2015
      RE: 5 on a Saturday.
Jun 14th 2015

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 09:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "5 things i find interesting about this year's NBA Finals"
In response to Reply # 0

*Steph Curry's mom

- don't say to me "we need to talk". just start talking.

and don't say "we need to talk" if you're not ready to talk. don't be foreshadowing shit.

also, if you're on the phone talking to somebody, that's YOUR conversation. at no point should you hand me the phone and say "here, talk to so & so. that was YOUR conversation. don't pull me into it.

*how over-inflated Mosgov's next contract is gonna be

- the NBA finals brings out the crazy in people. fools watch 1 quarter of game play and they're ready to hand one team the title. or the results of one game will lead them to crown that team champs.

* people just discovering Iggy. like he wasn't once #1 option

- when it's hot outside, i can't spend and significant time in a house that doesn't have air conditioning. fans don't cut it.

* both GS & the Cavs have more "fans" today than they did 3 seasons ago

- i was in line the other day and this chick was high as cooter brown. she had a hand full of change...like she robbed a parking meter. she asked me if i had and spare change. i said "look in your hand, you got plenty of change". she said nah, i'm still short. so i said "aiight, i don't have any change but i have a dollar. give me 3 quarters and i'll give you the dollar."

man, she cocked her head to the left...then the right...and she looked up...and you could see the hamster running on the wheel inside her head as she was in deep thought. she contemplated my offer for a good 20 seconds.

then she said "nah man, you tryna get me".

and that was that. the lady next to her said "shit, i'll take that deal".

*Lebron's hairline

- i love free shit. with this being my birthday month, so far i've had free pizza, a free gyro, and chic fil a owes me a free dessert. i need a list of places that give you free shit for your birthday...

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 01:19 PM

13. "steph's mom is beautiful. "
In response to Reply # 1

---------------------------------------
blog: www.wonderfullyhorrible.blogspot.com
instagram: Fishgrease
twitter: wooly_caesar
Podcast www.soundcloud.com/circlegang

earthseed
Member since Feb 26th 2004
26989 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 09:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Re: Younger - I watch it too! its been renewed and coming back in januar..."
In response to Reply # 0

i happened to catch it on a slow tv day and watched like four episodes then started watching on tuesdays.

i can totally see myself doing something similar, lol.

>Younger
>-------
>I've been watching the show YOUNGER (via Hulu which originally
>airs on TVLand). I like it---which means loosely translates to
>it will not see a season 2. It's about a 40+ year old mother
>that's recently divorced and trying to get back into the
>workforce to no avail and as a result tries to pass herself as
>a 26 year old in order to find work. Simple. Funny and
>entertaining. I finished watching the first 9 episodes in
>times to now divert my attention to OITNB Season 3.

now go runtelldat, ho.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 01:11 PM

8. "thanks for the renewal heads up. I need a light hearted "
In response to Reply # 2

show in my life.

this is it.

labcoat
Member since Jun 15th 2006
14585 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 11:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "my 5 and a question"
In response to Reply # 0

my question:

how was your trip?

so my kid has decided that the name will
be harry potter
LOL yet smh

this heat aint right
she has a soccer game tonight
guess who aint going
no No NOPE

this is a crazy weekend
ballet practice (the kid)- dance show (me)- ballet recital (sunday)
include that to hair etc.
exhausted

i need a vacation/ time off
but i applied to this position and need
to be onsite to look good
it sucks though

i need to buy a swimsuit
but im tired of spending money

--------------
Daren, I'll never forget you
http://www.fayemurman.com/extras/magee/daren/

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 01:15 PM

9. "RE: my 5 and a question"
In response to Reply # 3

>my question:
>
>how was your trip?

this sums it up http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12823189&mesg_id=12823189&listing_type=search#12823796

>
>-1
>so my kid has decided that the name will
>be harry potter
>LOL yet smh
>
>-2
>this heat aint right
>she has a soccer game tonight
>guess who aint going
>no No NOPE
>
>-3
>this is a crazy weekend
>ballet practice (the kid)- dance show (me)- ballet recital
>(sunday)
>include that to hair etc.
>exhausted
>
>-4
>i need a vacation/ time off
>but i applied to this position and need
>to be onsite to look good
>it sucks though
>
>-5
>i need to buy a swimsuit
>but im tired of spending money

I need a male one piece...Good ol' Fishy has become a whale in the offseason (i.e, the past year for that matter).

>
>

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 11:37 AM

4. "RE: The 5ive ™ "
In response to Reply # 0

1 - had another conversation about what happened. For someone that doesn't like talking about relationships you sure like to rehash shit. Hopefully this is the end and we can move on as friends.

2 - I have random shit to do this weekend at random times. I wish it was all in the morning or the evening and not in the middle of the day.

3 - I tried talking to my boss abt getting pulled off of this center that buys a small portion of my time. They pay 20% but take up over 50% of my time. I have to get my boss to agree that he needs me 100% but he is too concerned by what the dean might say. Who gives a fuck yo? Man up! This is your dept not his. I have to be strategic about it.

4 - I have zero interest going back to the bar after he told me several guys talked about wanting to fuck me. What? Who does that. None of them have ever said anything more than hi, but ppl have had conversations about sex w me. Really? Fuck that.

5 - this week was fucking rough. I am so glad it's over. I feel like I've gotten softer lately. Maybe the brooklyn is wearing off. I am way too intelligent to let work ppl rattle me. I've worked w the worst of mfers in the entertainment world in ny. This shit is cake.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 01:16 PM

10. "damn, you need a DRANK! hope sh*t gets better "
In response to Reply # 4

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 11:48 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "The 5ive ™ "
In response to Reply # 0

1) I got tickets to see Prince on Sunday!!

2) my supervisor text me at 6 this morning asking about a deadline.
I came in early to knock it out, only for us to find out that we got another week.

3) convos this week really showed me that I need a vacation

4) ITS HOT AS FUCK OUTSIDE! I was outside for 8 minutes & feel like I'm melting.

5) I'm getting tint on my car, I'm tired of riding around fish bowl

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 01:17 PM

11. "My dude...take a solo vacation. "
In response to Reply # 5

trust me
go where you wanna go and do what you wanna do...even if it's just for 2 days.

you'll thank me later.

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 01:45 PM

17. "I agree! I just got back from a solo trip"
In response to Reply # 11

And it was great waking up and doing anything I wanted

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 12:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "five"
In response to Reply # 0

1. mind on my money and my money on my mind
PLEASE DONATE https://www.razoo.com/story/My-Sister-S-Keeper-10-For-10-Challenge-1

2. i wonder why black folks wait until the last minute. anyway, we're almost halfway to our goal and the fundraiser ends tonight. why do i still have hope that we'll make it?
PLEASE DONATE https://www.razoo.com/story/My-Sister-S-Keeper-10-For-10-Challenge-1

3. sometimes i wish i could clone myself or bottle my enthusiasm and sell it. i'm already thinking of new strategies for next year but i dunno if we'll do it this way again.

4. i wish i was more twitter savvy i think that may have helped with spreading the word about our scholarship fundraiser. i know it's a niche cause but $10 isn't a big ask.

5. PLEASE DONATE https://www.razoo.com/story/My-Sister-S-Keeper-10-For-10-Challenge-1

______
gnap.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 01:26 PM

14. "i took a break from twitter and just came back not so long ago and "
In response to Reply # 6

i'm totally lost in how fast it is.

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16195 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 12:54 PM

7. "I've only got one:"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jun-12-15 12:57 PM by SuiteLady

I have real problem with saving phone numbers in my phone and it just caused an awkward moment. My former boss called me by accident. I missed the call but called back because I dropped my car off for service this morning and I thought it as that guy calling to say my car was ready to be picked up. When I left my old job she and I were both upset with each other. It was like a bad breakup - there was resentment on both sides. So of course I didn't have this broads number saved in my phone! So I called back, realized it was her and really awkward dialogue followed. Ugh!

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 01:19 PM

12. "damn. are y'all cordial at least now? "
In response to Reply # 7

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16195 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 01:31 PM

15. "well, like I said it was awkward. She said they gave my old phone to som..."
In response to Reply # 12

else and she was trying to reach that person/thought she was dialing that number. I explained to her why I called back. Then she said "well, it is good to hear from you..." in an odd tone. It felt to me like she wanted to end the conversation, so I said the same and hung up really fast.

Does that count as cordial???

As far as the resentment goes, I felt like I was not treated fairly while working there and expressed it to her several times. The very last times we talked about it, she was like "well you aint going nowhere so *shoulder shrug*" and I turned in my notice a couple days later. My last day was the Friday before a big training so I left them shorthanded for the training. BUT I did give then 3 weeks notice so they COULD HAVE found a replacement and not been short handed. That really pissed her off! And she was mad that she got smart with me and I called her bluff. I think that embarrassed her because other staff members where laughing about it.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Jun-12-15 01:34 PM

16. "naw it ain't (very) cordial but I'm glad you got vengeance by not only "
In response to Reply # 15

calling but answering her bluff and actually leaving.

KingMonte
4675 posts
Sat Jun-13-15 12:52 AM

18. "5 Song Friday: Magic"
In response to Reply # 0

http://lsrules.podomatic.com/entry/2015-06-11T21_20_56-07_00

I have a 400 year old chip on my shoulder.

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Sat Jun-13-15 04:42 PM

19. "5 on a Saturday."
In response to Reply # 0

i was so distracted laughing about rachel dolezal i forgot to post my 5 yesterday.
my 2 cents on the whole thing is that she's a distraction and an agent. period.
i can say a bunch of stuff about why i think she was successful in passing for so long
but i don't even want to give this shit much more thought.
some of the memes to come out of this are comedic genius though. so i just LOL

forcing myself to watch the nba finals just because i feel like this is an important series and i don't want to be left out of conversations about it lol but i usually only catch games from the second half. i don't have the patience for much more.

he said i'm bout to get the boy a slice do you want one. *westbrookface* foh.

my fave (only) sunglasses broke. they're fixable but i def need to get some other pairs. i got
them last summer when i got uveitis in both my eyes. now i kinda feel naked on a sunny day without sunglasses. i don't know if its just out of habit or my eyes are just more sensitive now
since i got uveitis. but i need to at least fix these shits soon.

i just came from a restaurant about an hour ago and i'm hungry again. weed is powerful.

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Sat Jun-13-15 09:33 PM

20. "RE: 5 on a Saturday."
In response to Reply # 19

>.
>i was so distracted laughing about rachel dolezal i forgot to
>post my 5 yesterday.
>my 2 cents on the whole thing is that she's a distraction and
>an agent. period.
>i can say a bunch of stuff about why i think she was
>successful in passing for so long
>but i don't even want to give this shit much more thought.
>some of the memes to come out of this are comedic genius
>though. so i just LOL

Rachel, the FB discussions and the twitter/ig memes that came out of it all have been some of the best entertainment that I have found online (sans porn) in quite a while. I said early on I thought she was a FOX NEWS plant....I said it in jest but it very well could be a possibility (however far fetched).
>
>..
>forcing myself to watch the nba finals just because i feel
>like this is an important series and i don't want to be left
>out of conversations about it lol but i usually only catch
>games from the second half. i don't have the patience for much
>more.
>
>

>...
>he said i'm bout to get the boy a slice do you want one.
>*westbrookface* foh.

But did you get it though?

>my fave (only) sunglasses broke. they're fixable but i def
>need to get some other pairs. i got
>them last summer when i got uveitis in both my eyes. now i
>kinda feel naked on a sunny day without sunglasses. i don't
>know if its just out of habit or my eyes are just more
>sensitive now
>since i got uveitis. but i need to at least fix these shits

I just mentioned to my home boy that I dont own any sun glasses (matter of fact, havent had a pr since college when Oakleys were a thing to behold amongst black young adults between the ages of 18-22)
>soon.
>
>.....
>i just came from a restaurant about an hour ago and i'm hungry
>again. weed is powerful.

My son and I skipped a meal somehow today.

we had breakfast around 11:30. Went to a 2:30 movie and got the usual fanfare of popcorn, candy and the like to hold us over for the next 2+ hrs. We then left the flick and went to Wendy's around 5 and we couldnt determine if that was a late lunch or an early dinner....Doesnt matter its 10:30 pm and he just made some cookies (one of which I am eating while typing this)
>
>

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Sun Jun-14-15 05:44 PM

21. "RE: 5 on a Saturday."
In response to Reply # 20
Sun Jun-14-15 05:45 PM by SHAstayhighalways

>
>Rachel, the FB discussions and the twitter/ig memes that came
>out of it all have been some of the best entertainment that I
>have found online (sans porn) in quite a while. I said early
>on I thought she was a FOX NEWS plant....I said it in jest but
>it very well could be a possibility (however far fetched).

in the world we live in anything is possible lol

>>...
>>he said i'm bout to get the boy a slice do you want one.
>>*westbrookface* foh.
>
>But did you get it though?

HELL NAH he can miss me with all his kind gestures. he had his chance. dude is manipulative and thinks just because we have a kid together and this is what HE wants now, we should be friends. fuck him and fuck that you can't shit on me TWICE and then be like but let's be friends. fuck nah

>I just mentioned to my home boy that I dont own any sun
>glasses (matter of fact, havent had a pr since college when
>Oakleys were a thing to behold amongst black young adults
>between the ages of 18-22)

i had a pair of fake oakleys in the 7th grade. after i lost those i didn't own another pair until the FOMC gave me a pair a few years ago and i didn't wear them (wound up taking a pic of my son wearing them and that wound up being the logo for my baby stay fresh. then he broke them lol). last year was the first time i regularly wore shades since that first pair in the 7th grade.

>>i just came from a restaurant about an hour ago and i'm
>hungry
>>again. weed is powerful.
>
>My son and I skipped a meal somehow today.
>
>we had breakfast around 11:30. Went to a 2:30 movie and got
>the usual fanfare of popcorn, candy and the like to hold us
>over for the next 2+ hrs. We then left the flick and went to
>Wendy's around 5 and we couldnt determine if that was a late
>lunch or an early dinner....Doesnt matter its 10:30 pm and he
>just made some cookies (one of which I am eating while typing
>this)

lol i ate brownies for breakfast this morning

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE