Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12790198

Subject: "SMH!! newly elected mayor in Mizzou suspended and locked out of city hal..." Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79616 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 10:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"SMH!! newly elected mayor in Mizzou suspended and locked out of city hal..."

http://fox2now.com/2015/04/23/new-kinloch-mayor-blocked-by-police-from-entering-city-hall/
KINLOCH, MO (KTVI) – Our Fox 2 cameras were the only ones there as the newly-elected Kinloch mayor was greeted by police for her first day on the job.

Betty McCray was not only prevented from entering city hall, she was also told she’d been impeached before she got a chance to start.

McCray ran for mayor in the April 7 election and won.

“I won. The people spoke,” McCray said. “I was sworn in by the St. Louis County. Today I take office. I want them out, I want the keys.”

After the election results were certified earlier this week by the St. Louis County Board of Elections, Kinloch’s outgoing administration refused to allow the city clerk to give McCray the oath of office, claiming voter fraud.

“Today is the first day that that the city hall door has been unlocked. They keep it locked,” McCray said. “You got to beat and you got to bang (to get in). They have an officer police sitting right at the door.”

On Thursday, McCray was ready to start on the job, but was met with strong resistance. Fox 2 was there with McCray when she showed up at city hall, where she was greeted by more than 20 Kinloch police officers.

One officer attempted to prevent himself from being filmed by pushing a camera away. No one was being allowed inside city hall, including the elected mayor.

Kinloch city attorney James Robinson informed McCray she had been impeached. However, the city refused to tell the new mayor the articles of impeachment.

“You have been served with articles of impeachment that were put in the mail,” said attorney James Robinson.

Mayor McCray said she will file an injunction with St. Louis County courts and return to Kinloch City Hall Friday and try to enter the building again.

Update: A lawyer for Kinloch says he misspoke after this story aired. He says the new mayor is not impeached, she is suspended. They realized there is a process that the city must go through before they can impeach her. He says the mayor has been served with articles of impeachment on Thursday. Newly-elected mayor Mayor Betty McCray says she never got them. Kinloch cannot hold an impeachment hearing until 30 days after the papers are served.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Mizzou is the nickname of a state university - not the name of the state
Apr 25th 2015
thank you for your contribution
Apr 25th 2015
only 10 ppl live in Kinloch.
Apr 25th 2015
this shit is nuts. reminds me of mcgruder's birth of a nation (comic)
Apr 25th 2015
also, Kinloch's population is nearly 100% Black.
Apr 25th 2015
this shit is ridiculous.
Apr 25th 2015
man, the amount of corruption must is insane.
Apr 25th 2015
But frighteningly consistent with how other Black-majority locales
Apr 25th 2015
BTW, let's not confuse this town w/the one where the cops resigned.
Apr 25th 2015
Thank you for clarifying this
Apr 25th 2015
and despite this they wont even have them have a mayor they chose?
Apr 25th 2015
it's Kinloch. i'm not surprised.
Apr 25th 2015
ya, looked the town up
Apr 25th 2015
see? lol
Apr 25th 2015
lol@ martin luther king boulevard
Apr 25th 2015
      right?
Apr 25th 2015
      hotdamn
Apr 25th 2015
      https://youtu.be/UZ_jp11WxC8?t=47s
Apr 25th 2015
That sweater screams embezzlement
Apr 25th 2015
thx, I thought this was the same mayor. its still crazy to shrug off ele...
Apr 25th 2015
pretty much confirms i will never go to missouri
Apr 25th 2015
Crazy.
Apr 25th 2015

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 10:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Mizzou is the nickname of a state university - not the name of the state"
In response to Reply # 0

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 10:58 AM

2. "thank you for your contribution"
In response to Reply # 1

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 11:15 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "only 10 ppl live in Kinloch."
In response to Reply # 0

and they all have Jheri curls and live on SSI benefits.

fuck you.

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 11:15 AM

4. "this shit is nuts. reminds me of mcgruder's birth of a nation (comic)"
In response to Reply # 0

and lol at “You may be the attorney now, but I promise you, you won’t be later,” McCray said as she refused to accept the impeachment papers.

---
birth of a nation
http://www.amazon.com/Birth-Nation-A-Comic-Novel/dp/1400083168

When the virtually all-black population of East St. Louis, Ill., is disenfranchised en masse in electoral shenanigans that result in a George W. Bush–like Texan governor being elected president, the impoverished city decides to secede from the U.S. Renaming itself "Blackland," the city becomes a wildly rich money-laundering capital. ....

the first two-thirds of the book is loaded with witty riffs (a national anthem to the tune of the Good Times theme; a fight over whether Tupac or Biggie should be on the nickel) and slyly ferocious jabs at institutional racism and a certain commander-in-chief.

....With money from one old pal (now a billionaire) and the prowess of another (now a jet-fighter pilot) and administrative aid from the youthful New African People's Party and, heading the new nation's military, gang boss Roscoe, Mayor Fred Fredericks, first seen collecting trash in lieu of a bankrupt sanitation department, keeps pulling rabbits out of hats throughout an unpredictable, frequently hilarious satire

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 11:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "also, Kinloch's population is nearly 100% Black."
In response to Reply # 4

it may be 100%.

fuck you.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 11:17 AM

5. "this shit is ridiculous."
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 11:27 AM

6. "man, the amount of corruption must is insane. "
In response to Reply # 5

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 03:41 PM

21. "But frighteningly consistent with how other Black-majority locales"
In response to Reply # 5

turned out.

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 11:36 AM

8. "BTW, let's not confuse this town w/the one where the cops resigned."
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Apr-25-15 11:37 AM by SoWhat

Kinloch is a tiny little suburb jammed up next to the airport in North STL County. it's right next to Ferguson. it's all Black (nearly). and a ghost town for the most part. i'm surprised it even has a mayor, let alone a city hall.

Parma is some little thing in the Bootheel - several hundred miles south of Kinloch and STL County. it's country.

fuck you.

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 11:44 AM

9. "Thank you for clarifying this"
In response to Reply # 8

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 11:46 AM

10. "and despite this they wont even have them have a mayor they chose?"
In response to Reply # 8
Sat Apr-25-15 11:48 AM by akon

>Kinloch is a tiny little suburb jammed up next to the airport
>in North STL County. it's right next to Ferguson. it's all
>Black (nearly). and a ghost town for the most part.

wtf america?

oh and this is the former mayor
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/kinloch-mayor-back-in-office-after-ouster/article_00841583-73c7-5435-96fb-51988d855bb8.html

i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 11:49 AM

11. "it's Kinloch. i'm not surprised."
In response to Reply # 10
Sat Apr-25-15 11:51 AM by SoWhat

the town looks like this:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kinloch,+MO/@38.740627,-90.324894,3a,75y,120.76h,82.88t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sW9QZ2627EtXRWxLr9zJeJw!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x87df36764cfcbab5:0x60c9c017cc99ba77

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kinloch,+MO/@38.735331,-90.319134,3a,75y,180.9h,79.6t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1syJFhgRt-bhaWF7M2N62mFA!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x87df36764cfcbab5:0x60c9c017cc99ba77!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kinloch,+MO/@38.73843,-90.328382,3a,75y,353.94h,84.67t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sa2vIsbNNkiwVTnT4W14Ffw!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x87df36764cfcbab5:0x60c9c017cc99ba77

fuck you.

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 11:51 AM

12. "ya, looked the town up"
In response to Reply # 11

how is it possible they have a mayor? 300 residents? geez

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/alleging-voter-fraud-kinloch-refuses-to-swear-in-new-mayor/article_aa5e23e8-4a16-5573-8ff8-9c7897e4a7f2.html

Kinloch, which has fewer than 300 residents, is marked by pilfered coffers, shady land deals and increasingly bitter fights over the last remnants of political power.

During the past five years, the city has seen the imprisonment of a former mayor on federal fraud and theft charges, the hiring of a convicted felon as city manager, the selling of a previous city hall building to an alleged drug dealer and the unseating of at least two aldermen.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 11:53 AM

13. "see? lol"
In response to Reply # 12

i thought the whole town had been bought up by the city of STL to expand the airport. but apparently the city only bought up the west and central parts of the town - about 2/3 of it. i've driven through there many times and i only see the abandoned portion - so i'm usually surprised to learn ppl still live there at all. but i'm not surprised by the corruption - b/c there's no one watching.

fuck you.

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 12:03 PM

15. "lol@ martin luther king boulevard"
In response to Reply # 11

i guess its the thought that counts

looking like a road in south sudan.

smh

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 12:05 PM

16. "right?"
In response to Reply # 15

lol

fuck you.

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 12:06 PM

17. "hotdamn"

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 12:15 PM

18. "https://youtu.be/UZ_jp11WxC8?t=47s"

https://youtu.be/UZ_jp11WxC8?t=47s

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 12:00 PM

14. "That sweater screams embezzlement"
In response to Reply # 10

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 12:35 PM

19. "thx, I thought this was the same mayor. its still crazy to shrug off ele..."
In response to Reply # 8

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 03:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
20. "pretty much confirms i will never go to missouri "
In response to Reply # 0

Unless somehow work related

Their brand of screwy is a little too high 4me, thx

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

J305
Member since Dec 07th 2008
7311 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 08:14 PM

22. "Crazy."
In response to Reply # 0

peace

J305

People of color are NOT a minority. Think Global.

Don't Let Hollywood fool you.

http://www.twitter.com/Jtronic
http://www.last.fm/user/Jtronic

Lobby General Discussion topic #12790198 Previous topic | Next topic