Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12769145

Subject: "On: Being accused of something you surely didn't do" Previous topic | Next topic
-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 12:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"On: Being accused of something you surely didn't do"

When's the last time, or the most extreme time, that it happened to you?

What was your internal reaction, and how did you react out loud?

Happened to me recently. I DJ'd an event that was sponsored by this rich Entertainment Lawyer in Santa Monica. The whole thing was stress..they wanted me to supply 5-6 boxes of lights, which is way more than I have, but I ended up buying two just to satisfy them. The Lawyer bought four of them, which I wasn't expecting, but it added on and helped.

I packed up, took my lights, didn't even touch his. Four days later, I get a text from him saying "You took the lights I purchased, that wasn't your property. Where did you place them?" I immediately called him to let him know that I didn't touch them. His response...

"Oh ok, you sure you didn't take them? Well, where did they go? We have video footage at the venue that covers the entire day."

WHAT? I calmly said "that is fine...please review the footage, and contact me as soon as you have reviewed the footage."

What I wanted to say was....YOU PUNK ASS MARK ASS BUSTERISH MOTHAFUCKA....HOW THE FUCK YOU GON ACCUSE ME??!????

I told him that I never touched them at all, and had no idea where they went, but to check with the clean up staff.

I never heard anything about it from him again, but.....yeah. I already had tension with him due to the payment, so this just took it over the top. I am sure he found them, since I never heard back, but I never wanted to fight an old White man that bad before.

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
taking someones t shirt hangonmg putside an apartment building
Apr 01st 2015
The thing is, some denials always sound like lies.
Apr 01st 2015
I always begin smiling ..cant help it
Apr 01st 2015
I texted him a few days later, checking to see if he found it
Apr 01st 2015
it's my everyday life.
Apr 01st 2015
i rly think you shd get in touch w that guy
Apr 01st 2015
being accused of fucking someone else
Apr 01st 2015
Just JUST came from a job interview that I had in the bag
Apr 01st 2015
this is hilarious. you gotta be able to take rejection a bit better.
Apr 01st 2015
got accused of robbery and assault
Apr 01st 2015
last year i got blamed at work for messing up a spreadsheet...went
Apr 01st 2015
Followed down the street in London once...
Apr 01st 2015

rdhull
Charter member
33126 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 12:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "taking someones t shirt hangonmg putside an apartment building"
In response to Reply # 0

heffa was crazy anyways and was later proven to be a theif her dman self(as wella borderline)

the fuck I want with somene elses t shirt? lmao

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49377 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 12:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "The thing is, some denials always sound like lies. "
In response to Reply # 0

From grade school to this day I can not say "I do not like that girl" without sounding like I am lying.

You should follow-up with at lawyer just to force him to apologize.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're

rdhull
Charter member
33126 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 12:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I always begin smiling ..cant help it"
In response to Reply # 2

>From grade school to this day I can not say "I do not like
>that girl" without sounding like I am lying.
>
>You should follow-up with at lawyer just to force him to
>apologize.
>
>
>**********
>"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then
>they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson
>
>
>"One of the most important things in life is what Judge
>Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to
>whether you're

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 12:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "I texted him a few days later, checking to see if he found it"
In response to Reply # 2

and no response.

But yea, some denials do sound suspect, especially folks who are like "WHAT!!! YOU ACCUSING ME!!" or "WHY WOULD I LIKE HER, HELL NAW I DON'T!!! NEVER IN LIFE!"

I made sure to just respond calm...but when I hung up and it set in that he disrespected me....I was heated.

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 12:53 PM

5. "it's my everyday life."
In response to Reply # 0

i just ignore it.

like just yesterday a client accused me of not returning his phone calls. i know i have not received any voicemail message from him that i haven't returned. i just ignored his accusation and kept it moving.

fuck you.

afropuff
Charter member
7580 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 12:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "i rly think you shd get in touch w that guy"
In response to Reply # 0

and make sure he's clear, get it in writing or something, that you did not take those lights. so that he doesn't try to take action against you or smear your name or something.

anyway mine are:

a family member accused me of taking some of her towels when I moved out. i wldn't touch this person's towels with a 10-foot pole because she has a COMMUNICABLE DISEASE, so that really made me irate. Also it was moreso that i probably BOUGHT all HER damn towels since i supported her with clothing & household items for years, and to think that she would think that i took some of HER stuff? madness

i had an old roommate back in NY who accused me of using her electric can-opener and getting tomato sauce all over it. this person had/has an anger management problems so she really came at me irate over the can opener. i found it to be laughable because i never used one item of hers and i certainly wldnt use that bcuz i found it easier to just go in the drawer and use my manual can opener. i had commented before to friends that i think she was so young she didn't even know how to USE a manual can opener, that's why it was so ironic when she ended up accusing me of using her electric one.

these 2 things really got under my skin and get me aggro every time i think of them.

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 01:03 PM

7. "being accused of fucking someone else"
In response to Reply # 0

OUTRAGEOUS.

theres no way to prove i didnt, other then to simply say i didnt

& obviously thats not enough so yeah

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg

Geez 216
Member since Jul 02nd 2003
1102 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 01:15 PM

8. "Just JUST came from a job interview that I had in the bag"
In response to Reply # 0

Just a call center job but I actually have some experience in it on my limit resume and ten bucks an hour plus commission ain't too shabby...

first interview was fine, said she liked my experience and everything, told me they drug test, I told her bout the weed, she said that shouldn't don't be a problem because a lot of people there leave work and do it and she's appreciated my honesty. Told me that they want me to start Monday as long as I pass the second interview

Finally get to the second interview after they get there shit together( they fumbled around, after we had to wait 45 mins from the first session) and something gave my a bad feeling when the lightskin nigga with the short salt and pepper goatee is talking about how much he loves his other job as a police officer. Low speaking ass in a crowded loud ass office ass nigga, keeps going on about irrelevant details about himself, his college age daughters and his frat and bullshit.

He's ask me third "what are you looking for?" I just give a simple answer about wanting something stable with growth and opportunity to excel because that's the truth, no one else used those words until me, first girl said she wanted something more than just entry level but a chance to work her way up and be promoted within. I'm bout done answering my question when he stops me and realizes that he forgot another girl in our group. He pretty much just ran to go get her while I'm mid sentence. He comes back, ask my to finish what I was saying, which I did with "growth and opportunity to excel". He ask the girl that he just got, who just heard me, the same question and she says verbatim "growth and opportunity to excel" which I just roll me eyes about...

Moment of truth comes, the girl who repeated me gets called in to the office to be told if she's selected, she gets her paperwork and starts filling it out, then another girl gets call in and does the same. I get called in, just as happy cause I think I got the gig wrapped up. The first woman I interview with says that dude wrote me down as a no because "I just said the same thing that everyone else said" I said that can't be right, told her that the one girl literally said what I had just said, right AFTER me, that this must be some discrimination or something cause it don't even make sense. She said she'll try to talk to dude, call me later to see if she can get me something with another department there because "you have the experience"

I left but came back cause I ain't bout to just walk away when someone's lying on me, especially when my fuckin future is at stake. I went to the girls, told them, asked them if they feel like I said the same things, they said no, of course, because I didn't. One girl said, your answers were different because we all got different experiences and I'm like right. Then the first woman that interviewed me said I can't come back like this, I'm like I need to talk to this dude straight up cause he can't be denying me just like that on some straight bullshit(those weren't the words I used fyi). She just told me again that she would see what she could do and wished my a happy birthday weekend(we talked about it earlier).

It's one thing to not hire a nigga cause I'm not qualified enough or they already took too many applicants or whatever but to straight up lie as to why I should't get the job is some shit that I can't take, as if I'm too stupid to make up my own answers. And how different could our answers be when we have the same agenda and goal of customer service? No one the phone is gonna complain about us having the same answers when they call in and we sign them up for cable. And if we all said the same thing, then how come they got the gig and I didn't? How does the girl who repeated after me get it but I don't?

I wish death upon that nigga.

Deadzombie
Member since Aug 21st 2008
13358 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 01:19 PM

9. "this is hilarious. you gotta be able to take rejection a bit better."
In response to Reply # 8

the reason for rejection is going to range from truth to absurd. there's nothing you can do about that.

if they don't want you, they don't want you.

tariqhu
Charter member
17878 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 01:26 PM

10. "got accused of robbery and assault"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Apr-01-15 01:27 PM by tariqhu

by a crackhead (is crackhead one word?). me and my boys had just finished playing ball in his back yard, which wasn't paved. just red georgia dirt. crackhead chick peeps around the corner looking us rest and talk shit. she peeps 2-3 more times and her boyfriend looked too.

next thing you know, cop car pulls up. they're asking us questions that of course we deny any wrong doing. then the crackhead chick points at me and my boy, saying that I threatened her with a broken bottle and my buddy cussed her out.

we're stunned like huh? don't you see all this fresh red dirt?! and we're all fucking tired from 3-4 hours of hooping. they put us in the paddy wagon anyway. different cop was said he didn't believe the crackhead's story, but had to write it up and take us to the pre-trial detention center.

basically spent only a few hours there til our moms bailed us out. while in there, this one dude said verbatim...."I'm going upstairs to find something, fuck something, and go to sleep." I already knew prison life wasn't for me, but that confirmed it.

I don't think I've been that mad at somebody since. plus she was black, so it wasn't the stereotypical scenario. fuggin Oakland City.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Fishgrease
Member since Feb 13th 2006
34460 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 01:57 PM

11. "last year i got blamed at work for messing up a spreadsheet...went "
In response to Reply # 0

and checked the history and the day said accident happened I was out on vacation---for a whole week.

muhphuckan boss got in my ass so much and so quick that I thought I had did it. I owned up to it and was apologizing like a mug.

Then I looked at the saved info date and what not---I made a bee line straight to his office and was like Uhm, it won't me.

I mean the muhphucka had given me that 20 minute, you need to be careful speech. He was quick to apologize too.

---------------------------------------
blog: www.wonderfullyhorrible.blogspot.com
instagram: Fishgrease
twitter: wooly_caesar
Podcast www.soundcloud.com/circlegang

dagu
Member since Nov 25th 2005
1650 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 01:57 PM

12. "Followed down the street in London once..."
In response to Reply # 0

Accused of stealing a pair of knockoff jeans and hiding them in the inside POCKET of my jacket. I was so confused about what he was claiming that I didn't even get mad until a few minutes later. I guess he thought my jacket could do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FgTCbS6WBM#t=0m24s

---------------------

http://www.last.fm/user/dagu85

Lobby General Discussion topic #12769145 Previous topic | Next topic