Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12758670

Subject: "how important was Heavy D to New Jack Swing?" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sun Mar-22-15 09:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"how important was Heavy D to New Jack Swing?"

obviously Teddy Riley is the person who made the sound happen however thinking back Heavy D was a voice on alot of what happen to help make the sound happen with his voice and of course Heavy D is big time underrated when you talking about the most Important MC's.

what you think about Heavy d's contribution to New Jack Swing alone?

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
is this a mistermaxx post where
Mar 22nd 2015
its up for duscussion
Mar 22nd 2015
      me personally, i was young
Mar 22nd 2015
Saw unsung
Mar 22nd 2015
He was really big at the time (uh, pardon the pun)
Mar 23rd 2015

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Sun Mar-22-15 09:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "is this a mistermaxx post where"
In response to Reply # 0

you actually want to discuss this?

or youve already decided the answer and you are here to show us turkeys the truth?

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sun Mar-22-15 10:00 PM

2. "its up for duscussion"
In response to Reply # 1

and with due regards to Big Daddy Kane and Kool Moe Dee i just want to see where it says about Heavy D's impact on New Jack Swing thats all. peace

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Sun Mar-22-15 10:10 PM

3. "me personally, i was young"
In response to Reply # 2

born in 1980

but for me my memory I think of Heavy D as more of a contemporary of new jack swing and not necessarily a pioneer/influencer. But thats really all I got for you

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Sun Mar-22-15 11:33 PM

4. "Saw unsung"
In response to Reply # 0

So more than I realized

Which he got credit for allot in my fam because mu cousin in law was a big fan
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

shockzilla
Charter member
37800 posts
Mon Mar-23-15 06:39 AM

5. "He was really big at the time (uh, pardon the pun)"
In response to Reply # 0

and was widely-respected by everyone in the business.

He seems to have become a bit forgotten since, which is a pity.

Hev had a bunch of great, goodtime dance songs and could always put a smile on your face.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12758670 Previous topic | Next topic