Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12756783

Subject: "yo players.. Aged 1/4 to 1/3 to 1/2 a century or more" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Mar-19-15 03:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"yo players.. Aged 1/4 to 1/3 to 1/2 a century or more"
Thu Mar-19-15 03:52 PM by PG

150 years ago the American Civil War was about to end and Lincoln was about to get shot.. The Klan would be formed by the end of the year.. and the Native Americans had been pretty much wiped the fuck out...

were talking like two times your life before you were born.. think of the shit you've seen in your own lifetime so far... now DO THE MATH AND GO HOLY FUCK IS IT ANY WONDER WE'RE STILL FUCKED THE HELL UP?

we're probably doing fucking great considering.. too bad we'll never just wake up tomorrow and have it all figured out.

so let's just continue kick all this shit up several notches at a time and see where we are in 50 more years huh?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
You have a point n/m
Mar 19th 2015
Coon Train Alert!!!
Mar 19th 2015
Yep, my Big Mama was born a slave.
Mar 19th 2015
      I just found a slave ancestor two weeks ago
Mar 20th 2015
hell yeah. i'm cosigning AWLA DIS^^^
Mar 19th 2015
I have an ancestor that has fought in every major US war with
Mar 21st 2015
and then there is 150 years from now...
Mar 23rd 2015
homeboys in outer space
Mar 23rd 2015

DaHeathenOne76
Member since May 11th 2003
29362 posts
Thu Mar-19-15 03:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "You have a point n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de6VnExhelQ

Presenting Collective Peace.

https://www.facebook.com/CollectivePeace

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Thu Mar-19-15 04:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Coon Train Alert!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Just kidding. But some dumbass will spit that at you.

My dad's granddad was a slave. Now I am a bawse. Sh*t blows my mind daily.

It also have a bit of an old school mentality regarding my the modern day struggle. Offense to the Modern Movement Coming Trigger Warning:

The Civil Rights was to allow black excellence to never be held back and allow for it to compete and achieve on a level playing field.

The Modern Movement seems to me to be about having the right to be as mediocre as everyone else.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're r

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44257 posts
Thu Mar-19-15 04:27 PM

3. "Yep, my Big Mama was born a slave."
In response to Reply # 2

I'm only 2 generations away from slavery!!!

WTF, yo??

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Sarah_Bellum
Charter member
7489 posts
Fri Mar-20-15 11:10 PM

5. "I just found a slave ancestor two weeks ago"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri Mar-20-15 11:13 PM by Sarah_Bellum

He was 5 or 6 when he he was freed. Turns out people have done a lot of research on blacks from the part of VA my family is from because it runs so deep. I'm pretty sure my family was owned by Patrick Henry or Thomas Jefferson... Ain't that a bitch? Still have more research to do.
My people had babies young so I'm 4 generations removed.
I have a picture of 2 slaves on my dads side. It's crazy. What I wouldn't do to have a conversation with them...

DJTB YOMM

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Thu Mar-19-15 08:32 PM

4. "hell yeah. i'm cosigning AWLA DIS^^^"
In response to Reply # 0

like my man said up there, my great grandparents were slaves and now i get paid to tell white people what to do...

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...

Musa
Member since Mar 08th 2006
15789 posts
Sat Mar-21-15 12:04 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "I have an ancestor that has fought in every major US war with"
In response to Reply # 0

exception of the Iraq war 1 and 2.

With that said I'm researching to see if I had any that fought in the Civil War.

The Black Union troops get little credit but they essentially won the war for the North.

With that said I'm very interested in the Gullah/ Seminole wars too.

I'm four generations removed from an ancestor in 1865 US however having ancestry from the Caribbean their time periods for ending enslavement are different.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)
http://aquil.bandcamp.com

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Mar-23-15 01:24 PM

7. "and then there is 150 years from now..."
In response to Reply # 0

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Mon Mar-23-15 01:43 PM

8. "homeboys in outer space"
In response to Reply # 7

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

Lobby General Discussion topic #12756783 Previous topic | Next topic