Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12717083

Subject: "So, are we really down for accepting this "whatever makes people happy" ..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Feb-03-15 12:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"So, are we really down for accepting this "whatever makes people happy" ..."
Tue Feb-03-15 12:46 PM by Case_One

head in the sand as a way of living?

It seems that our Western American culture is on the ultra-fast pace to really becoming an "Anything Goes" society. I've hear people say this "If you like it, I love it", "Whatever makes them happy, makes me happy" and "If it makes them happy then good for them."

But come on, are we really ready to sip that bowl of soup on all cultural things?

LOVE. See people often use the word 'love' to justify this "whatever makes people happy" kind of logic. If they love it, I like it." And then we add, "It's not my place to judge" or "It's their business."

Well are we (Western American culture) really ready to accept marriage between siblings (regardless of gender) just because they LOVE each other and it makes them Happy?

Yes or no? And why?

Add on as you please.

"Today is your day to have a better life -- it's your right."

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
yes.
Feb 03rd 2015
No. I want everyone to be just as miserable as I am
Feb 03rd 2015
It's not "whatever makes people happy"
Feb 03rd 2015

Government Name
Member since Dec 16th 2005
23190 posts
Tue Feb-03-15 12:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "yes. "
In response to Reply # 0

that sibling example is horrible because that could have actual, physical affects on their offspring. but im sure we're headed into a rabbit hole of wild hypotheticals.

________
http://twitter.com/aehorton
http://instagram.com/aehorton

blackrussian
Member since Oct 17th 2010
6498 posts
Tue Feb-03-15 12:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "No. I want everyone to be just as miserable as I am"
In response to Reply # 0

:/

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Tue Feb-03-15 12:51 PM

3. "It's not "whatever makes people happy""
In response to Reply # 0

It's "whoever you are". Anti-social behavior is still scorned, but we're becoming more tolerant of people's differences, and that's a good thing.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12717083 Previous topic | Next topic