Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12716235

Subject: "bomb threat downtown atl" Previous topic | Next topic
tariqhu
Charter member
17882 posts
Mon Feb-02-15 03:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"bomb threat downtown atl"

traffic is gonna be a hoe!

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/police-suspicious-package-on-14th-street-bridge/nj3NF/

Two hours after a suspicious package was found, motorists were being strongly advised to avoid downtown Atlanta. Those already driving are being forced off the interstates, causing traffic backups around downtown. And rush hour hasn’t even officially started.

The package was found at the 14th Street bridge shortly after 1 p.m., forcing police to close the Downtown Connector shortly before 2 p.m. An hour later, it remained closed, forcing massive traffic backups on Atlanta interstates.

Motorists advised to avoid downtown Atlanta photo
The Downtown Connector was shut down in both directions Feb. 2, 2015, as Atlanta police investigated a suspicious package. BEN GRAY / BGRAY@AJC.COM
Dozens of drivers were stuck in place in both directions on I-75 and I-85, and others were advised to avoid the area. That led to backups on many cross streets throughout the city.

All lanes on I-75/85 southbound and northbound are closed between 17th Street and I-20, according to GDOT. Motorists traveling northbound are being diverted to I-20 eastbound and westbound. Motorists traveling southbound on I-85 are being diverted to I-75 northbound. Motorists traveling southbound on I-75 are being diverted to I-85 northbound.

Just after 1:40 p.m., Officer Kim Jones with the Atlanta Police Department told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that a “tube-shaped object” was found duct taped to the east side of the bridge at the base of a green post.

An hour later, a bomb squad truck was sitting in the middle of the northbound lanes on the Connector, halfway between 10th and 14th streets. But the interstate was empty of other travelers.

The GDOT’s early estimated clearance time is 4 p.m. But it was not known when the investigation would be completed in the area, according to Atlanta police.

For alternate routes, check the WSB 24-Hour Traffic Center. Side streets, including Northside Drive, Howell Mill Road, Freedom Parkway and Courtland Street, were clogged as drivers were forced off the interstates.

Those using mass transit, such as Gwinnett County buses, were being advised of delays due to interstate closures.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
it's those damn thugs
Feb 02nd 2015
lol probably
Feb 02nd 2015
It was a camera inside a coke can taped to the bridge
Feb 02nd 2015
hahaha
Feb 02nd 2015
RE: "Note blew away and it suddenly became a nuclear device"
Feb 02nd 2015
      Georgia State finally had an impact on the city
Feb 03rd 2015

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Mon Feb-02-15 03:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "it's those damn thugs "
In response to Reply # 0

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

tariqhu
Charter member
17882 posts
Mon Feb-02-15 04:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "lol probably"
In response to Reply # 1

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Mon Feb-02-15 04:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "It was a camera inside a coke can taped to the bridge"
In response to Reply # 0

It had been there for a week or so with a note attached to it explaining it was a time-lapse project by an art student. Note blew away and it suddenly became a nuclear device. SMH

tariqhu
Charter member
17882 posts
Mon Feb-02-15 04:56 PM

4. "hahaha"
In response to Reply # 3

Allah
Charter member
47756 posts
Mon Feb-02-15 05:35 PM

5. "RE: "Note blew away and it suddenly became a nuclear device""
In response to Reply # 3

*snicker*

http://www.facebook.com/divineruler
__gigs__
__stuff__

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Tue Feb-03-15 01:37 PM

6. "Georgia State finally had an impact on the city"
In response to Reply # 5

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/georgia-state-student-project-closed-downtown-conn/nj3xc/

Lobby General Discussion topic #12716235 Previous topic | Next topic