Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12712341

Subject: "AYDMF!!!!! Benzino Arrested for bringing gun to ATL Airport" Previous topic | Next topic
Allah
Charter member
47756 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 07:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"AYDMF!!!!! Benzino Arrested for bringing gun to ATL Airport"

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/tsa-finds-firearm-carry-bag-hartsfield-jackson-int/njytg/

Posted: 8:02 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2015
'Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta' star arrested after loaded gun found in bag at airport
0 81 11 130
Related

View Larger
Gun confiscated from carry-on bag at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. photo
Atlanta Police Department
Gun confiscated from carry-on bag at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
ATLANTA — Atlanta police say they confiscated a firearm from a carry-on bag at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
Police said they responded to 7700 Spine Road for a weapon call Tuesday.
A TSA screener at the airport told police that a passenger went through the T-South checkpoint with a Sig Sauer 9 mm handgun in his carry-on bag.
TSA agents saw the gun as the bag was being X-rayed.
The gun had seven rounds in the magazine and no rounds in the chamber, police said.
Passenger Raymond Scott did not have a weapons permit and the area was an unauthorized location for weapons, police said.
Scott is also known as "Benzino" from "Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta."
Scott, the CEO of Hip-Hop Weekly magazine, appeared on VH1's reality show "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta" and is a former co-owner of The Source magazine. Last year, he was shot by his nephew while driving in a funeral procession for his mother in Massachusetts.
The gun was turned in to Atlanta police as evidence. Scott was arrested and taken to the Clayton County Jail.
Scott's carry-on was given to his fiancé, according to police.

http://www.facebook.com/divineruler
__gigs__
__stuff__

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Ol' Thee-Thee is a bottom b!tch for real huh?
Jan 29th 2015
2015& ppl still tryin to get guns on planes.that only work for employees...
Jan 29th 2015
is it really that much more difficult to drive up to NYC?
Jan 29th 2015
maybe each state you pass through increases the risk
Jan 29th 2015
      pretty much
Jan 29th 2015
shhhhhhhh!
Jan 30th 2015
anything for attention at this point.
Jan 29th 2015
He was just trying to protect his neck
Jan 29th 2015
how does this shit continue to hpn...are niggas really that forgetful?
Jan 29th 2015
I have a similar story from HS
Jan 29th 2015
smh... Glad I'm old enough to have never had metal detectors in HS
Jan 29th 2015
wow @ casually stating attending a bloods mtg lol
Jan 29th 2015
Weed.
Jan 30th 2015
what does AYDMF mean?
Jan 29th 2015
RE: what does AYDMF mean?
Jan 29th 2015
oh the things we do for attention
Jan 29th 2015
True L in this story: He was flying out of T.
Jan 30th 2015

kingjerm78
Member since Jul 05th 2007
24725 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 07:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Ol' Thee-Thee is a bottom b!tch for real huh?"
In response to Reply # 0

--------------------------------

one half of the most dynamic tag team on the net...nappyafro's FROCAST!

http://www.frocast.com
www.nappyafro.com
store.nappyafro.com

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 09:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "2015& ppl still tryin to get guns on planes.that only work for employees..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/23/us/delta-employee-gun-smuggling/

Atlanta (CNN)The breakup of a gun smuggling ring allegedly involving a current and former Delta Air Lines employee has exposed what a New York prosecutor described as an "egregious breach of security" at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

Brooklyn District Attorney Kenneth Thompson said Tuesday that the investigation was "deeply troubling" -- not only for the havoc the gun running unleashed on the streets but because of the vulnerability to acts of terrorism on air travel that it revealed.

"If they can put guns on the plane this time," he told reporters, "they could have easily put a bomb on one of those planes."

Two men worked together to smuggle guns and ammunition on at least 20 flights from Atlanta to New York from May to December, officials said.

"We have an egregious breach of security" at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport because airport employees "are not required to go through screening," said Thompson.

In total, 153 guns were recovered as part of a complex investigation that Thompson outlined by using charts and surveillance video during a press conference in New York.

Eugene Harvey, who worked for Delta at the Atlanta airport, was arrested at his home in Atlanta on Monday, authorities said.

According to Harvey's arrest warrant affidavit, here's how the operation worked:

-- Harvey used his security clearance to help provide guns to a passenger named Mark Quentin Henry after Henry cleared security.

-- Henry, the former employee, allegedly brought the firearms in his carry-on luggage on at least five flights from Atlanta to New York between May 1 and December 10.

-- During that time frame, Henry supplied 129 handguns and two assault rifles to co-conspirators in New York, the affidavit states.

-- One of those co-conspirators ended up selling the firearms to an undercover New York police officer.

"Gun violence is tearing our country apart," Thompson said. "In Brooklyn, far too many people have been victims of gun violence."

Reese McCranie, spokesperson for the Atlanta airport, said officials have cooperated with the FBI, the Transportation Security Administration and other agencies and was reviewing its security.

"As part of the TSA- and airport-approved multi-layered security plan, all employees must pass extensive criminal history record checks, security threat assessments, and security training prior to being approved for access to secured areas," he said in a statement. "Additionally, employees are subjected to continuous vetting and random inspections."

In a statement, the TSA said it took "the potential for insider threats at airports very seriously."

"TSA administers security threat assessments and airport criminal checks for all airline employees prior to receiving credentials and access privileges," the statement said. "This is a recurring vetting process that involves random checks. TSA continues to closely partner with law enforcement on this investigation and, where possible, will use the findings from the investigation to improve current processes."

Thompson praised Delta for being cooperative from start to finish of the undercover probe.

Henry was arrested in New York on December 10 after landing at John F. Kennedy International Airport with 18 handguns in his bag -- seven of which were loaded, the affidavit says.

"The problem at this airport in Atlanta is that the employees don't have to go through screening," Thompson said. "Henry knew that. Henry would give Harvey the guns outside the airport. Harvey would go through. All he had to to was badge himself in ... and he's in the terminal with the guns."

Henry told investigators that he had flown from Atlanta to New York with the 18 firearms and associated ammunition in his carry-on bag, FBI task force agent George Taylor wrote in the affidavit.

TSA seizes record number of firearms

So how could a man get more than a dozen guns on a flight in his carry-on backpack?

"Had the eighteen firearms been inside the Oakley bag when Henry passed through TSA screening, the firearms would have been discovered," Taylor wrote.

"Accordingly, I reasonably believe the eighteen firearms bypassed security."

The 'backdoor method'

Mary Schiavo, a CNN aviation analyst, said the suspects apparently "took advantage of known loopholes" in airport security. Baggage handlers and other airport employees don't have to go through a concourse screening as passengers do, creating a "backdoor method" for airport employees to smuggle materials, she said.

"That's literally been a loophole since 2002," when the TSA was established, she said. "There was a big issue on cost."

When she was inspector general of the Transportation Department for six years ending in 1996, Schiavo raised the "same kind of warning" about the screening of airport employees.

"This is an important wake-up call. I just hope Washington and the airports heed it," she said.

Schiavo said that "it will take a lot of expense and manpower to close that loophole."

At the news conference, Thompson held one of the weapons allegedly smuggled by Henry -- an AK-47.

"This gun can shoot through a car door," he said. "It can shoot through an apartment door. It can shoot through a bullet-proof vest. In November, Mr. Henry brought this gun on a Delta commercial airliner to New York."

Transfer in men's restroom?

On the morning of December 10, the affidavit says, baggage handler Harvey used his security clearance to enter Delta's employee parking lot and then the secure area of the airport.

"Employees entering this area are not subjected to screening by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), neither at the time of entry into the employee parking lot, nor upon entry to the internal secure/restricted area at Hartsfield-Jackson," the affidavit states.

Surveillance video showed that on the same morning, the passenger Henry cleared security with a black Oakley backpack. He then went to sit down at the airport's Concourse B.

According to Taylor, that's when Henry started texting Harvey. Moments later, Harvey entered a men's restroom in Concourse B. And Henry followed.

After one minute, the affidavit says, Henry walked out of the restroom with the backpack.

Gun packed in PlayStation 2 gets passenger arrested

The criminal complaint also says on several occasions this year, Harvey used his security clearance to enter the secure Delta employee parking lot -- even though he was supposed to be off or on sick leave.

And on each of those dates, Henry boarded a flight from Atlanta to New York.

Delta spokesman Morgan Durrant told CNN the airline is cooperating with authorities.

"We take seriously any activity that fails to uphold our strict commitment to the safety and security of our customers and employees," he said.

Thompson said Henry allegedly boarded 20 flights with guns between May and December.

"We were fortunate that we were able to get all the guns that they tried to put on the streets of Brooklyn," he said.

Rjcc
Charter member
94962 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 10:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "is it really that much more difficult to drive up to NYC?"
In response to Reply # 2

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

murderbear
Member since Feb 26th 2012
2087 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 10:57 AM

5. "maybe each state you pass through increases the risk"
In response to Reply # 4

whereas, once you get through airport security once, you clear.

*shrug*

i would be WAAAY more shook to haul a piece through an airport versus having it under my tire in my trunk, but i aint bout that life tho

Rjcc
Charter member
94962 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 11:07 AM

6. "pretty much"
In response to Reply # 5

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

ALmighty44
Member since Feb 09th 2004
19824 posts
Fri Jan-30-15 10:29 AM

17. "shhhhhhhh!"
In response to Reply # 2

You gon' mess the game for everybody else LOL

R A i n
Member since Dec 11th 2003
51902 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 09:33 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "anything for attention at this point."
In response to Reply # 0

we understand you can easily come back and we're not impressed. how about getting a life first.© okpdan

Chanson
Member since Nov 09th 2004
15000 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 12:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "He was just trying to protect his neck"
In response to Reply # 0

mind
--------
matter

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10136 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 01:22 PM

8. "how does this shit continue to hpn...are niggas really that forgetful?"
In response to Reply # 0

or naive enuf to think they can pull this shit off? either answer is unacceptable

BabySoulRebel
Charter member
19232 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 02:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "I have a similar story from HS"
In response to Reply # 8

I'm on the line to go through the metal detectors (my HS freshman year was one of those )
Bump into my homegirl
We're chatting it up as we load our backpacks onto the conveyor belt
she was in front of me and she was walking through the metal detectors when the conveyor suddenly stops
they made her stand legs apart with her hands behind her head as they put the belt in reverse and search her backpack

turns out she had a utility knife in the front pocket of her Jansport.
I'll never forget the look on her face like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCK.
Obviously they took her away.

I saw her later that week after school (she was expelled)
she came to meet up with some other folks
I asked her wtf was she doing with a knife on her
"I had just come from an early morning Blood meeting and completely forgot I had it on me".

To this day I still do not understand how the fuck one forgets that they have a weapon on them.

here for dis.

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 03:55 PM

13. "smh... Glad I'm old enough to have never had metal detectors in HS"
In response to Reply # 10

or any school for that matter.

---------------------------

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10136 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 04:28 PM

14. "wow @ casually stating attending a bloods mtg lol"
In response to Reply # 10

well damn I guess it does happen... but still hard to fathom tho

>I'm on the line to go through the metal detectors (my HS
>freshman year was one of those )
>Bump into my homegirl
>We're chatting it up as we load our backpacks onto the
>conveyor belt
>she was in front of me and she was walking through the metal
>detectors when the conveyor suddenly stops
>they made her stand legs apart with her hands behind her head
>as they put the belt in reverse and search her backpack
>
>turns out she had a utility knife in the front pocket of her
>Jansport.
>I'll never forget the look on her face like
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCK.
>Obviously they took her away.
>
>I saw her later that week after school (she was expelled)
>she came to meet up with some other folks
>I asked her wtf was she doing with a knife on her
>"I had just come from an early morning Blood meeting and
>completely forgot I had it on me".
>
>To this day I still do not understand how the fuck one forgets
>that they have a weapon on them.
>

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Fri Jan-30-15 10:04 AM

15. "Weed. "
In response to Reply # 8

now or never
Member since Oct 27th 2004
3821 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 02:36 PM

9. "what does AYDMF mean?"
In response to Reply # 0

is it "are you dumb mother fucker?"
Im not ashamed to ask.

-----
No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. (c) HL Mencken or some other motherfucker.

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 03:26 PM

12. "RE: what does AYDMF mean?"
In response to Reply # 9

Aw instead of are, but you basically nailed it.

bonamie
Charter member
60263 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 02:50 PM

11. "oh the things we do for attention"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jan-29-15 02:51 PM by bonamie

yall know this was intentional, right.
if that doesnt work not sure what either of them will do next
the sex picture angle was already done on her
and the sex video by another castmate.

-----------------------------------
we aint the two and i aint the one- lyte

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Fri Jan-30-15 10:07 AM

16. "True L in this story: He was flying out of T. "
In response to Reply # 0

Guess he missed that Charlotte connection to Newark.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12712341 Previous topic | Next topic