Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12702949

Subject: "Do you own any autographed memorabilia?" Previous topic | Next topic
imperial
Member since May 30th 2003
3792 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 11:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Do you own any autographed memorabilia?"

sports jersey, basketball, baseball or bat etc..?
vinyls, cd's concert tickets etc..
ladies ever had a celebrity autograph your titties?

how did you acquire such memorabilia, did you buy it, got it as a gift, had it signed right there in front of your. Tell the story behind it.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Between like 16 and 21 or so I got every concert ticket stub signed
Jan 20th 2015
Rememer those Agent Zeroes that he sent out
Jan 20th 2015
do books count?
Jan 20th 2015
RE: do books count?
Jan 20th 2015
got like water for chocolate booklet signed by common.
Jan 20th 2015
I have this signed by Ali and Ken Norton.
Jan 20th 2015
RE: I have this signed by Ali and Ken Norton.
Jan 20th 2015
I saw Nice and Smooth at Coliseum in Newport News and ran up on them
Jan 20th 2015
a few things:
Jan 20th 2015
RE: a few things:
Jan 20th 2015
      yeah, i don't smoke so i was on my "i know a guy" too.
Jan 20th 2015
I have a CD cover
Jan 20th 2015
it's all so random...
Jan 20th 2015
Baseball signed by White Sox players during the 2005 winning season
Jan 20th 2015
A handful.
Jan 20th 2015
Leftover stuff from baseball card days as a youth.
Jan 20th 2015
t-shirt signed by peg leg bates
Jan 20th 2015
A UGA mini-helmet signed by T.I.
Jan 20th 2015
Yeah, I have some crap
Jan 20th 2015
This post just reminded me...
Jan 20th 2015
A bunch. I love getting autographs as a kid.
Jan 20th 2015
Art Monk football card
Jan 20th 2015

Hitokiri
Charter member
22101 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 11:26 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Between like 16 and 21 or so I got every concert ticket stub signed"
In response to Reply # 0

I wasn't going to arena shows...
I've got Common, Talib, Mos, Phonte everyone on rhymesayers back then...

Have several autographed cds.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 11:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Rememer those Agent Zeroes that he sent out"
In response to Reply # 0

Man that lost the little bit of value it did have.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Niq96st
Member since Jun 16th 2005
8396 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 11:40 AM

3. "do books count?"
In response to Reply # 0

If so, then yes. I have tons of autographed books.

If not, then no.

I'm too chill to ask celebs for autographs. But I've definitely lost my shit over meeting some of my favorite authors.

imperial
3792 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 01:09 PM

10. "RE: do books count?"
In response to Reply # 3
Tue Jan-20-15 01:10 PM by imperial

sure they do.
don't your consider authors to be celebs or at least in their realm?

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 12:05 PM

4. "got like water for chocolate booklet signed by common."
In response to Reply # 0

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

Cornbread
Member since Jul 21st 2006
1150 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 12:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "I have this signed by Ali and Ken Norton. "
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jan-20-15 12:21 PM by Cornbread

http://www.gottahaveit.com/ItemImages/000015/018349_lg.jpeg

I bought it last year. I have an entire room full of Ali memorabilia (books, posters, prints, Wheaties box, etc.)

*America's Favorite*

imperial
3792 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 01:25 PM

14. "RE: I have this signed by Ali and Ken Norton. "
In response to Reply # 5

>I bought it last year. I have an entire room full of Ali
>memorabilia (books, posters, prints, Wheaties box, etc.)

Collecting as a hobby or trying to make money out of em?

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 12:25 PM

6. "I saw Nice and Smooth at Coliseum in Newport News and ran up on them "
In response to Reply # 0

to get their autograph when I was a kid. As soon as I got their autograph I was like "what the fcuk am I suppose to do with this?"

I do have a con law text book that was signed by Justice Stephen Breyer.

Also an autographed copy of a Neil Gaiman book.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

http://blackpeopleonlocalnews.tumblr.com/

PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 12:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "a few things:"
In response to Reply # 0

- a pair of sony headphones autographed by Chuck D. Chuck is a homie and he autographed them for me long ago. i actually use them so the autograph is worn down but it was in silver permanent ink so you can still see it.

- a jill scott press photo. it was actually supposed to be for a friend but she was either high or tired (not quite sure) and didn't understand that it was for a friend so she signed it to my name. i got it by hooking up weed for her crew (and her?) when she came to town back in like...2002 or 2003 i think. i feel bad cuz my friend's girl (who the photo/autograph was supposed to be for) didn't get it because it wasn't until after i left her tour bus did i realize that she had signed it to me.

- manchester united scarf. i'm a big manchester united fan and i got them on their US tour back in the summer of 2011. i was unemployed so i just went to their hotel to catch them before/after training. because me and a few other people were being hella cool and chill and chatting up w/ some of their PR people, they invited us into the Four Seasons for a small meet n greet that was previously scheduled. then they gave us tickets to their training session later that night so i got to watch that and get some more autographs.

i THINK those are the only things. i've met/kicked it with a lot of celebs (musicians mostly) and i'm not the kind of person who sees them for their fame so i don't seek autographs in general. the experience is good enough for me.

imperial
3792 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 01:21 PM

13. "RE: a few things:"
In response to Reply # 7
Tue Jan-20-15 01:23 PM by imperial

Did you get to smoke with Jilly's crew? thats a great story.
I once hooked up Orlando Jones with some weed when he was staying at the hotel I worked for.
I also hooked up Wayne with some codeine. I didn't deal with him directly it was via his tour manager. He had the prescription and everything just couldn't get a 24hr doctor/pharmacy who could dispense at that time. I was on my I know a guy...

edit:

I know a few red devils fans who would pay a pretty penny for signed Man U stuff.

PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 01:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "yeah, i don't smoke so i was on my "i know a guy" too."
In response to Reply # 13

the whole reason it fell in my lap was i used to do a ton of promo work for labels, retailers, etc (thus my screenname) and at that time we were doing work for interscope and i think hidden beach recordings (her label) was under interscope at that time so her people reached out to a label person who reached out to us...or something like that. fortunately at that time i knew one of the biggest weed dealers in Seattle at that time (we're talkin yard waste size trash bags of weed coming down from British Columbia) so i was album to hook them up with a couple oz's.

so yeah, i didn't smoke but they were VERY happy with the BC bud.

tariqhu
Charter member
17882 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 12:33 PM

8. "I have a CD cover"
In response to Reply # 0

signed by Prince and his band members. he signed with that symbol on the special edition gold case.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

samsara
Member since Sep 15th 2002
3464 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 01:01 PM

9. "it's all so random..."
In response to Reply # 0

I have a Playbill signed by Martin Sheen. I think I've mainly kept this because I always think it was signed by Al Pacino (who was in the same play but ran out the side entrance wearing a hoodie).

I also have a photograph signed by Wynton Marsalis. I wrote him a note when in college thanking him for spending so much time with students when he came as a speaker (unlike most paid speakers did their bit, ate and then jetted immediately). He sent a note back with a signed black and white.

I definitely have parting the waters signed by taylor branch which was a gift. not sure about other books but if there are any signatures they must've been gifts too. maybe maya angelou? I might have a patti smith poetry book signed...

Oh Patrick Ewing signed my basketball but the ink faded

"i fear no fate" e.e. cummings
"No girl. No fried chicken. I'm going back to get some sleep." - Haruki Murakami

napturalmystic
Member since Feb 15th 2006
6542 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 01:12 PM

11. "Baseball signed by White Sox players during the 2005 winning season"
In response to Reply # 0

It's my son's. He got it EARLY in that season.

--------------------------

ChiBrownSkinLady
Member since Nov 14th 2002
30211 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 01:13 PM

12. "A handful."
In response to Reply # 0

My most treasured are my autographed Black Star CD that took a couple years to get them both to sign and my Little Brother The Listening booklet signed by all three members after a show at the Double Door (I think it was there, anyway...) The first one I remember is getting Tevin Campbell to sign my copy of his I'm Ready CD at a meet and greet I went to as a wee lass. I've actually got a lot of random musicians' autographs.

Also have a copy of Sex And The City autographed by Candace Bushnell and a copy of Helen Gurley-Brown's (Cosmopolitan founder) autobiography... And a few autographed Playbills.

On the sports side, I met BJ Armstrong at an auto show when I was a kid and he autographed some random thing. And I've got an autographed Paul Konerko baseball.

Oh, and I've got a Michelle Obama autograph of a campaign sticker from when I volunteered in Louisville.

Just tryna do the best that I can with what it is I have...

deejboram
Member since Sep 27th 2002
25755 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 01:26 PM

15. "Leftover stuff from baseball card days as a youth."
In response to Reply # 0

Marshall Faulk signed Beckett
Too many signed cards to remember
I went to mlb all star game in 92 and got a GRIP of old school heads like Rollie Fingers and Joe Gibson to sign the program I had.

A game used baseball signed by Rickey Henderson and a bunch of mid level and scrub players
Most of them played for Padres
Like bip Roberts and Benito Santiago

pink toes: http://i.imgur.com/WN7DPL1

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 01:31 PM

16. "t-shirt signed by peg leg bates"
In response to Reply # 0

He was at a dance convention I attended.

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23876 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 01:41 PM

18. "A UGA mini-helmet signed by T.I."
In response to Reply # 0

He came into the sports store I was working in, and we asked him to sign something. Because my manager vaguely remembered something about him having legal trouble (circa Trap Muzik), he says "I don't want some old lady to come in and boycott our store if they know he shops here." The shit is the least legible signature on the planet. I took it home, and I still have it.

I wanted to steal the Warrick Dunn one, but he owned the store, and I figured someone would miss it.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 02:02 PM

19. "Yeah, I have some crap"
In response to Reply # 0

Mostly sports crap, some stuff signed by Chuck Bednarik, Tommy McDonald, Jim Brown, Ali, the 83 Sixers title team (those three are jerseys), Walter Payton, Magic Johnson, Larry Johnson, Frank Thomas, Bernie Parent (framed photos from when I was a kid), a bunch of comics from when I was a real young (I was a big MacFarlane and Valentino fan, also have a personal drawing of Wolverine from Jim Lee), a bunch of hockey crap (pucks and jerseys), a ?uesto stick (one of the few non-comic things I had signed in person) and probably some other shit I am forgetting.

The weird thing is that most of it just kind of came to me randomly. Either I ran across it and the price was right or it was a gift or I got it at a show or something. I run into famous people pretty regularly and I work with athletes, I kind of hate asking for autos. If anything I'll get a picture and only if it's convenient. I don't really understand the fascination with someone's signature.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 03:15 PM

20. "This post just reminded me..."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jan-20-15 03:16 PM by Sleepy

I have no idea where my Dr. J autographed photo nor my David Robinson autographed poster are.

I do have a couple of autographed CDs and things.

You're such pests...now, what is it you want? In your depths of your ignorance, what is it you want? Well, whatever it is you want, I can't deliver because I just don't see it. - Orson Welles

Never Tired, Always Sleepy

kingjerm78
Member since Jul 05th 2007
24725 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 04:33 PM

21. "A bunch. I love getting autographs as a kid. "
In response to Reply # 0

--------------------------------

one half of the most dynamic tag team on the net...nappyafro's FROCAST!

http://www.frocast.com
www.nappyafro.com
store.nappyafro.com

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 04:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
22. "Art Monk football card"
In response to Reply # 0

I think it was from the '89 season.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12702949 Previous topic | Next topic