Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12667748

Subject: "what can be done to bring more attn to the aiyana jones murder?" Previous topic | Next topic
Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 05:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"what can be done to bring more attn to the aiyana jones murder?"

http://thesource.com/2014/12/04/judge-drops-involuntary-manslaughter-in-aiyana-jones-shooting/

i mean gatdamn son

i guess i should be happy this officer at least was charged & made it trial

but the fact he shot & killed this child...in her home. laid out w/ her grandmother & wont serve not a damn day in jail enfuriates me

i mean...shes 7, man! i got a 7 yr old daughter. i cant imagine this situation what i'd feel.

bet i'd be saying MUCH worse then burn it down on tape. guarantee that.

does it really matter?

for all my fans who keep my name in their mouth: http://i.imgur.com/v2xNOpS.jpg

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
never let her memory die...
Dec 05th 2014
Remember Kendrick Johnson
Dec 05th 2014
^^^ Remember Kendrick Johnson
Dec 05th 2014
all 7 judges recuse themselves in KJ investigation. wtf
Jan 11th 2015
shit is so fucked. n/m
Jan 11th 2015
Kendrick Johnson's parents file $100M lawsuit
Jan 20th 2015
      RE: Brian Bell
Feb 09th 2015
^ Remember Kendrick Johnson
Jul 24th 2015
      revived by Loretta lynch? &wow SCLC defending the suspects.
Jul 26th 2015
I don't know anymore
Dec 05th 2014
RE: what can be done to bring more attn to the aiyana jones murder?
Dec 07th 2014
The details of that trial & of what happened fucked me up...
Jan 11th 2015
err not just the trial, but thats a good start
Jan 29th 2015
Case dismissed, for the ...3rd time...?
Jan 29th 2015
they don't really care about us
Jan 29th 2015
      and folks say take Spook off the 28 list
Jan 29th 2015
Jan 29th 2015
it fills me with rage & something like despair & this ISNT my child
Jan 29th 2015
I'd have to watch-- just saying
Jan 29th 2015
Jan 29th 2015

bonitaapplebaum71481
Member since Aug 04th 2003
22576 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 05:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "never let her memory die..."
In response to Reply # 0

you could start a Tumblr page in her honor

create a change.org petition

"i wanna hug all u idiotic bastards & then set you all on fire" -Bin

www.twitter.com/bedstuybetty
http://bedstuybetty.tumblr.com/
DROkayplayer: Giving you good puff since May '05

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 09:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Remember Kendrick Johnson"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/timeline-challenged-in-kendrick-johnson-gym-mat-death/

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 12:28 PM

4. "^^^ Remember Kendrick Johnson"
In response to Reply # 2

I still think about this case alot

so many questions unanswered

and ANOTHER case of systemic failures at every turn

I have to admit

with all of these stories recently

it is getting really hard to discern details between cases

Trayvon Martin feels like it happened a decade ago

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Sun Jan-11-15 12:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "all 7 judges recuse themselves in KJ investigation. wtf"
In response to Reply # 2

Where is Thurgood Marshall when u need him
Naacp needs to tool back up, rebuild a team of great black attorneys after its 40 yr hiatus
well they don't even have to be black

Just willing to push these cases until there is justice or they pile onto DOJ doorstep

Changing judges may actually be the best thing that happened so far
something definitely stinks with this case

U.S. Edition
New York City, NY
28°

CNN 10:
Impact Your World
In Georgia gym mat death suit, 7 judges say they can't be fair
By Victor Blackwell, CNN
Updated 8:04 PM ET, Fri January 9, 2015
Kendrick Johnson's body was found in the center of a rolled gym mat at Lowndes High School on January 11, 2013.
Kendrick Johnson's body was found in the center of a rolled gym mat at Lowndes High School on January 11, 2013.

Story highlights
Parents, CNN have filed suits over investigation in Lowndes County, Georgia

Local judges say their relationships with officials mean they can't be impartial
Valdosta, Georgia (CNN)In a rare order Thursday, all seven judges in Georgia's Southern Judicial Circuit have recused themselves from the lawsuit filed by the parents of Kendrick Johnson against the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office and a second action, filed by CNN against Lowndes County Schools.

The recusals come less than a week before the two-year anniversary of the discovery of Johnson's body in the center of a rolled gym mat in the old gym at Lowndes High School on January 11, 2013.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/09/justice/georgia-gym-mat-death/index.html

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Sun Jan-11-15 01:02 PM

7. "shit is so fucked. n/m"
In response to Reply # 6

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Riot
14614 posts
Tue Jan-20-15 03:54 PM

9. "Kendrick Johnson's parents file $100M lawsuit "
In response to Reply # 6

The parents of Kendrick Johnson, the Georgia teenager whose lifeless body was mysteriously found rolled up in a wrestling mat at his high school two years ago, have filed a $100 million lawsuit against 38 people —including local, state and federal law enforcement officials and three classmates.

In a civil suit filed Monday in Superior Court in DeKalb County, in metro Atlanta, Kenneth and Jacquelyn Jackson accuse the respondents of cooking up a conspiracy to make sure no one is ever prosecuted for Kendrick's death. The lawsuit names juveniles it accuses of crimes, even though an official autopsy found that Kendrick died of asphyxiation and investigators ruled his death an accident.

RELATED: Parents Tout New Evidence in Gym-Mat Death of Georgia Teen Kendrick Johnson

Michael Moore, the U.S. attorney for middle, said in a statement last week that a federal investigation remains open because the case has "proven more complicated" than he expected.

Among the respondents are an FBI agent whom the suit accuses of ordering his two sons to attack Kendrick along with a classmate and two other unnamed people. That agent has sued Ebony magazine for libel and slander for articles that he says falsely associated him and his sons with Kendrick's death. Ebony has since removed the articles from its website.

Other respondents include the director of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, five GBI agents, the Valdosta police chief, numerous sheriff's deputies, the state medical examiner and the Lowndes County school superintendent, the Valdosta-Lowndes crime lab and the City of Valdosta, all of whom the Johnsons accuse of taking part in a conspiracy to cover up what they allege was Kendrick's murder.

"Defendants from the various law enforcement agencies deliberately and maliciously mishandled the subject investigation in such a way that anyone who might ever be charged with Kendrick's death would never be convicted," it says.

Lowndes County Attorney Jim Elliot called the allegations "unfounded," saying in a statement that any response to the "baseless accusations" would be made in court.

The lawsuit — the second the family has filed, following an action against the school board in July 2013 — couldn't be brought in Lowndes County because all of the local Superior Court judges have recused themselves. Chief Judge Harry J. Altman said in it was inappropriate for the local judges to preside because so many "officials with whom the judges in the circuit deal with every day are involved."

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

bentagain
16595 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 11:30 AM

18. "RE: Brian Bell"
In response to Reply # 9

http://rollingout.com/news/fsu-withdraws-scholarship-recruit-implicated-kendrick-johnson-death/

Apparently where there is smoke, there must be fire, at least that seems to be the thinking at Florida State University.

Heavily recruited Brian Bell had his scholarship withdrawn by the university. No official explanation has been released by the university. However, it is suspected by many to be the result of an intense social media campaign and his alleged involvement in the death of fellow Lowndes County High School student Kendrick Johnson. Johnson’s body was found in a rolled up wrestling mat inside the school gym. The condition of Johnson’s body and the circumstances surrounding his death have been the subject of a U.S. Department of Justice grand jury investigation.

The teen’s death caused national attention to be focused on Valdosta, Georgia, and has caused deep racial animosity to rise to the surface. The Johnson family recently filed a $100 million wrongful death lawsuit that names more than 30 defendants and the city of Valdosta. It is alleged in the lawsuit that Johnson was lured to the gym by an unidentified White female. It was there that Brian Bell and his brother are alleged to have assaulted Johnson. The lawsuit further alleges that the father of the boys, FBI agent Rick Bell, encouraged the boys to assault Johnson. Because of possible conflict of interest issues with the case, seven judges have recused themselves from hearing the lawsuit.

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Jul-24-15 01:22 PM

19. "^ Remember Kendrick Johnson"
In response to Reply # 2

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/feds-seize-phones-computers-gym-mat-death-investigation-32651578

Feds Seize Phones, Computers in Gym Mat Death Investigation
SAVANNAH, Ga. — Jul 23, 2015, 7:44 PM ET
By RUSS BYNUM Associated Press
Associated Press
Federal authorities seized cellphones, computers and other electronics from classmates of a Georgia teenager found dead inside a rolled-up gym mat at his high school, an attorney for the family said Thursday.

The body of 17-year-old Kendrick Johnson was discovered in the center of an upright mat propped against the gym wall at Lowndes High School on Jan. 11, 2013. A federal investigation into his bizarre death remains unresolved more than two years later.

Sheriff's investigators long ago concluded Johnson died in a freak accident, getting stuck upside down inside the mat and unable to breathe. His parents have insisted Johnson was killed and have filed a wrongful death lawsuit naming two brothers targeted by federal search warrants this week.

Brice Ladson, an attorney for the family whose items were seized, said U.S. marshals came to the parents' home at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday with a warrant authorizing them to take "cellphones, laptops, cameras — anything containing any kind of electronic communications." Similar warrants were served on the two brothers, who have graduated from high school and left home, as well as the girlfriend of one of the young men, Ladson said.

Information in the warrants revealed they were issued in conjunction with a federal grand jury investigation into Johnson's death, Ladson said, specifically regarding issues "related to alleged witness tampering."

"They're extremely upset about this," Ladson said of the targeted family. "It's all rumor, innuendo and suspicion — not evidence that any of these clients had anything to do with the tragic death of Kendrick Johnson."

The Associated Press is not naming the targeted brothers or their parents because they have not been charged with any crimes. Ladson has filed a countersuit on behalf of the family saying Johnson's parents, Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson, defamed them by falsely accusing them of murder.

U.S. Attorney Michael Moore of the Middle District of Georgia announced a federal investigation into Johnson's death in October 2013. No findings of that investigation have been released.

Moore declined to comment on the warrants or other aspects of the case when reached by phone Thursday.

In April, the Rev. Floyd Rose, president of the Lowndes County chapter of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, said federal authorities need to end their investigation if there's no evidence of a crime. Rose said the inquiry has "cost taxpayers too much money and the families too much grief and caused the community too much confusion."

Ladson said he's concerned that devices seized from the family include communications that are protected by attorney-client privilege in relation to the civil lawsuits surrounding Johnson's death.

Riot
14614 posts
Sun Jul-26-15 08:59 AM

20. "revived by Loretta lynch? &wow SCLC defending the suspects."
In response to Reply # 19

Obviously not official suspects but cmon

And unless lynch is the reason this got a new push, why did it take 2.5 years

Might not even have the same cell phones by now

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 11:08 AM

3. "I don't know anymore"
In response to Reply # 0

Go out to the protests and get people to chant her name so it's added to the narrative.

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

bentagain
16595 posts
Sun Dec-07-14 02:50 PM

5. "RE: what can be done to bring more attn to the aiyana jones murder?"
In response to Reply # 0

mtbatol
Member since May 22nd 2002
19788 posts
Sun Jan-11-15 04:54 PM

8. "The details of that trial & of what happened fucked me up..."
In response to Reply # 0

...like the cop's defense at one point was "THE GRANDMOM TOUCHED THE GUN!!!"

...yet the gun was shown to NOT have her fingerprints on there.

So basically the cop lied, and just kicked in the door... threw a smokebomb in there & pop shots blindly.

And the prosecution still couldn't even get a fucking misdemeanor on this motherfucker or for a parking violation if he put a quarter in a meter & left a car parked for 14 days. Fuck everything about that trial.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 01:41 PM

13. "err not just the trial, but thats a good start"
In response to Reply # 8

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

bentagain
16595 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 11:19 AM

10. "Case dismissed, for the ...3rd time...?"
In response to Reply # 0

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/case-dismissed-officer-shot-7-year-old-aiyana-jones-slept/

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79620 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 11:38 AM

11. "they don't really care about us"
In response to Reply # 10

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 01:42 PM

14. "and folks say take Spook off the 28 list"
In response to Reply # 11
Thu Jan-29-15 01:43 PM by Atillah Moor

this is why they made that movie!

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 12:38 PM

12. "RE: what can be done to bring more attn to the aiyana jones murder?"
In response to Reply # 0

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 01:44 PM

15. "it fills me with rage & something like despair & this ISNT my child"
In response to Reply # 0

but gatdamn she could have been

had this happened to my family, i would be in an insane asylum because SOMEBODY got to pay. somebody WOULD pay. i'd have to make that officer feel my pain & anguish somehow

does it really matter?

for all my fans who keep my name in their mouth: http://i.imgur.com/v2xNOpS.jpg

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 01:48 PM

16. "I'd have to watch-- just saying"
In response to Reply # 15

but I guess a less "natural" response would be to create a kind of web memorial for these children, Have their pictures, bios, etc. Maybe sell shirts or Jersey's with their last names on em' with numbers of their birth date. Most of the proceeds going to the family in perpetuity.

BlackLex
Charter member
552 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 04:39 PM

17. "RE: what can be done to bring more attn to the aiyana jones murder?"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit/father-of-aiyana-charles-jones-sentenced-to-40-60-years-in-prison-for-murder-of-teen

Lobby General Discussion topic #12667748 Previous topic | Next topic