Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13234919

Subject: "Featuring" Previous topic | Next topic
mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16424 posts
Thu Feb-15-18 12:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Featuring"

I was listening to SV yesterday and for some reason the busta feature stuck out to me. it's always weird to me when a debut album has notable rappers featured on it. especially when its a smaller act.

so i was wondering has busta rhymes rapped with all other rappers?? who is missing?

has anyone else been featured more? quick google search says lil wayne and snoop be on it.

Not sure why nate and t-pain are on here. dont i'd consider either a rapper but maybe?
https://www.vladtv.com/article/233728/snoop-leads-the-list-of-rappers-who-have-been-featured-on-the-most-songs
1. Snoop Dogg - 583 features
2. Lil Wayne - 430 features
3. Bun B - 280 features
4. 2 Chainz - 274 features
5. Busta Rhymes - 254 features
6. Nate Dogg - 241 features
7. Jay-Z - 229 features
8. Kendrick Lamar - 206 features
9. E40 - 200 features
10. T-Pain - 197 features

now this count is just how many songs theyve been featured on so multiple dr dre tracks for snoop and such. im more curious on how many different rappers/rap groups a rapper has rapped with. this list also includes different genres so tswift and katy perry are include but who cares about them haha

if anyone knows a reasonable way to find out who has rapped with the most rappers that would be cool.

what are some of your fav featured tracks. most surprising? most disappointed?

on the opposite side rakim is still the least featured right?

any features that haven't happened that you want to see?

k-os did a track with the roots right, or went in for sessions. did that ever come out?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
How Paid Alive got Lauryn Hill on his track is a great mystery to me.
Feb 15th 2018
never even heard of this
Feb 15th 2018
Dilla was working with Busta before the first SV album
Feb 15th 2018
yeah did they meet due to q-tip?
Feb 15th 2018
probably
Feb 15th 2018
2 songs off the first album as well.
Feb 15th 2018
You Gotta Remember J-Dilla Worked With Busta For Years
Feb 15th 2018
i was completely clueless about him even signing with cash money
Feb 16th 2018
Lyrics Born
Feb 16th 2018
That means Snoop has been on like 20 features per year since 1993
Feb 16th 2018

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49576 posts
Thu Feb-15-18 12:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "How Paid Alive got Lauryn Hill on his track is a great mystery to me. "
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Feb-15-18 12:55 PM by Buddy_Gilapagos

Shit I didn't know his name was Paid &Live until I just googled it.

You've only got one song and you manage to Snag Lauryn Hill for it?!?!? Must have been a cousin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsN1NPjHi_E

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

mista k5
16424 posts
Thu Feb-15-18 01:03 PM

2. "never even heard of this"
In response to Reply # 1

theres no wiki page even haha

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Thu Feb-15-18 02:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Dilla was working with Busta before the first SV album"
In response to Reply # 0

i know he remixed some songs in like 95 then he produced a song off When Disaster Strikes.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

mista k5
16424 posts
Thu Feb-15-18 04:09 PM

4. "yeah did they meet due to q-tip?"
In response to Reply # 3

im always curious how artists end up working together

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Thu Feb-15-18 04:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "probably"
In response to Reply # 4

the whole ummah connect

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23902 posts
Thu Feb-15-18 04:21 PM

5. "2 songs off the first album as well."
In response to Reply # 3

Both credited to The Ummah.

I think Q-Tip intro’d Dilla to everyone. That’s the context clue I get from different podcasts & interviews.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Thu Feb-15-18 10:25 PM

7. "You Gotta Remember J-Dilla Worked With Busta For Years"
In response to Reply # 0

Infact there was two songs Busta Rhymes did for "Fantastic Vol. 2" the first one "The Hustle" got shelved cause of sample clearance and they threw out the other song "What's It All About" on the album.

I mean how Slum got associated with ATCQ, Busta, & Common, is just like how most artists get matched up as a crew, cause they do one or more songs together or a posse cut on each other's album and bam people think that's your affiliate crew member.

So it makes since how the artists are featured on the first two "Fantastic" albums, but I will say it's amazing how Busta Rhymes got down with Cash Money, and why did he only put out digital albums with them but no physical, then get mysteriously dropped from the label, was he there only as a ghost-writer or as a "look we got a real emcee signed to our label too" steeze?

Since the mixtape album phenomenon it's seems like a ton of trap artists are getting features like a mofo, before that, kats like T-Pain & Lil Jon was getting features cause they were writing hooks and producing music for other artists so I can see why having them vocally on a song as a feature would boost up their appearance on so many songs; but now I see it as saturation to have yourself on so many songs when it's mostly these kats just singing not even really spittin' a full verse on songs, fuck that wack ass chorus singing bullshit feature.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

mista k5
16424 posts
Fri Feb-16-18 10:20 AM

8. "i was completely clueless about him even signing with cash money"
In response to Reply # 7

i did know about jay dee producing on bustas album but it somehow skipped my mind.

mista k5
16424 posts
Fri Feb-16-18 02:06 PM

9. "Lyrics Born"
In response to Reply # 0

i wish this guy was featured on more songs. always enjoyed him on blackalicious songs. his solo stuff was good and had great moments.

his flexibility to rap and sing and unique voice/style is dope to me.

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Fri Feb-16-18 04:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "That means Snoop has been on like 20 features per year since 1993"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-16-18 04:29 PM by -DJ R-Tistic-

on average.....shit!

The reason is, he's the PERFECT balance of accessible and in demand. Wayne was like that in his 07-08 run, where everyone wanted him and he would work with anybody. Cats like Jay and 50 have been in sky high demand, but they didn't work with just anyone.

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

Lobby General Discussion topic #13234919 Previous topic | Next topic