Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13215145

Subject: "I just renewed a library book for the 7th time" Previous topic | Next topic
MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22275 posts
Sat Nov-25-17 03:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I just renewed a library book for the 7th time"

I didn't know you could do that. I really feel like I'm getting away with some shit.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
as long as you bring it back on time you can renew it as long as you wan...
Nov 25th 2017
30 books?!?
Nov 25th 2017
      yeah I went down and did it too
Nov 25th 2017
      as far as i can tell my city is unlimited
Nov 25th 2017
inter-library loans still amaze me
Nov 27th 2017
I got an $18 bill
Nov 27th 2017

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18124 posts
Sat Nov-25-17 03:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "as long as you bring it back on time you can renew it as long as you wan..."
In response to Reply # 0

but what tripped me out was I just found out from a friend's little sister that you can go to the Richmond Public Library and get up to 30 books at a time. I remember when it took special permission to get two.

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22275 posts
Sat Nov-25-17 03:41 PM

2. "30 books?!?"
In response to Reply # 1

Even with doing researching you only NEED what like 15?

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18124 posts
Sat Nov-25-17 08:18 PM

3. "yeah I went down and did it too"
In response to Reply # 2

got about a dozen books for random info, and the rest was graphic novels.

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Sat Nov-25-17 11:42 PM

4. "as far as i can tell my city is unlimited"
In response to Reply # 2

i had 38 books out this week, and i renewed 17 of them today for the third time.

a month ago i slipped and ignored the "return your books" email for too long. they didn't charge me any late fee.

i see lots of people using the computers at the library but almost no one in the stacks, so that might explain it. i know my coworkers and friends who use the library are mostly checking out ebooks/audiobooks/dvds.

seems like it's changed a lot in the past few years. when i was using the king county libraries five years ago i didn't have this leeway. and the same system i'm using now definitely was full of random restrictions and fines in the 90s.

kajsidog
Charter member
2702 posts
Mon Nov-27-17 03:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "inter-library loans still amaze me"
In response to Reply # 0

Any obscure vintage or fine art books will be sent to me from across the state and free? Amazing. Currently have a Walton Ford book that came from FSU.

See ya, JAK
http://www.staugustinepics.com/

Winner of OKP Second Photo Kontest
Pic #6 http://www.tha-renaissance.com/effstop/kontest2

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Nov-27-17 03:15 PM

6. "I got an $18 bill"
In response to Reply # 0

cause I kept a book extra without renewing it... pure laziness on my part... I live just across the street from the library too... I really ought to go pay that sometime.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13215145 Previous topic | Next topic