Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13105655

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 06:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Nada

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I think I took a step back by coming here
Dec 14th 2016
Corporate America is just not for me.
Dec 14th 2016
you ever wonder what it all really means?
Dec 14th 2016
you gonna see homieloverfriend when you go home?
Dec 14th 2016
i can't believe you ask that...
Dec 14th 2016
      so.....yes?
Dec 14th 2016
           I guess it's valid...
Dec 14th 2016
                good for you. i was hoping that would be your answer.
Dec 14th 2016
how will you make money if you quit?
Dec 14th 2016
      my son got me...
Dec 14th 2016
I feel I've become too materialistic
Dec 14th 2016
Well at least this is still a thing
Dec 14th 2016
ive never been in love before
Dec 14th 2016
dang...
Dec 14th 2016
thank you!
Dec 15th 2016
Come on, not even in High School?
Dec 14th 2016
      def not in high school lol
Dec 15th 2016
I'm trying to get back to planning my life
Dec 14th 2016
RE: I'm trying to get back to planning my life
Dec 14th 2016
I called my aunts yesterday
Dec 14th 2016
congrats and condolences
Dec 14th 2016
What kind of rates you got for logo work?
Dec 14th 2016
BuhLACK SPAZZZ - MODIC!
Dec 14th 2016
stay strong.. and definitely give those gifts
Dec 14th 2016
No doubt! I'm never falling for that banana in the tailpipe...
Dec 14th 2016
Peace to you and yours!
Dec 14th 2016
      Thank you!
Dec 15th 2016
I've got a bunch of ideas rolling around in my head on alot
Dec 14th 2016
numb
Dec 14th 2016
I haven't been creating like I would have really liked to
Dec 14th 2016
Amen to allathat. I’ve been selling myself short.
Dec 14th 2016
scooterfelon will be here in 2 weeks and wants to see me
Dec 14th 2016
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Dec 14th 2016
The injury hurts more than I let on
Dec 15th 2016

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10128 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 09:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I think I took a step back by coming here"
In response to Reply # 0

will wait it out, focus on personal projects, and then be out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There is much temptation to use what has worked before,
even when it may exceed its effective scope."

"Roll me further bitch"

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 10:08 AM

2. "Corporate America is just not for me."
In response to Reply # 0

I can make good money being a PM in technology, but I'm really tired of doing this kind of work. Sure I'm good at it, can advance, but i need to move into my full vocation in ministry because I'm dying on the vine up in the Ivory Tower.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 10:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "you ever wonder what it all really means?"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Dec-14-16 10:20 AM by Trinity444

Im going home for a week and when I get back imma quit my job. I'm going to help my son get his business off the ground.

a nigga once told me that I won't find anyone better than him. For a long time I believed him. I was listening to Mary's, I could love you better and it made me think about how folks quantify love.

do you understand the work it goes into becoming a butterfly...

what you really bout?

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 10:20 AM

6. "you gonna see homieloverfriend when you go home?"
In response to Reply # 3

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 10:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "i can't believe you ask that..."
In response to Reply # 6

now apologize 😡

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 10:47 AM

8. "so.....yes?"
In response to Reply # 7

sorry for asking that, i guess. i thought it was a valid question haha.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 10:50 AM

10. "I guess it's valid..."
In response to Reply # 8

no. I don't intend too.

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 10:53 AM

11. "good for you. i was hoping that would be your answer."
In response to Reply # 10

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
80092 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 11:43 AM

14. "how will you make money if you quit? "
In response to Reply # 3

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 03:56 PM

23. "my son got me..."
In response to Reply # 14

kids suppose to take care of their parents
and I have a few coins

AFRICAN
Charter member
11873 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 10:11 AM

4. "I feel I've become too materialistic "
In response to Reply # 0

It hasn't affected my social behaviour but I think I might be a little too focused on making money.
I want it for all the right reasons but the way this is going I might not remember them when I'm able to achieve them.
I bought up an old 2006 Landcrusier and it was love at first sight.Im gonna lavish her with care.

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
instagram:@3rdworldview
Blessed be the Lord /who believe any mess they read up on the message board

earthqueen
Charter member
8904 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 10:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Well at least this is still a thing"
In response to Reply # 0

Ran into an "ex" this weekend
*smirk*
Was actually happy to see him but he got ghost shortly after I stepped on the scene

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Donuts Are Forever
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://twitter.com/MyNameIsJamma

dopestethiopian
Member since Oct 21st 2004
2705 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 10:48 AM

9. "ive never been in love before"
In response to Reply # 0

-----
ctrl+alt+del

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 03:54 PM

22. "dang..."
In response to Reply # 9
Wed Dec-14-16 03:54 PM by Trinity444

If I remember correctly you're beautiful. like, model beauty.
but I bet you get tired of hearing that.

dopestethiopian
2705 posts
Thu Dec-15-16 11:59 AM

34. "thank you!"
In response to Reply # 22

dont remember if ive ever posted a pic here
but i'll take the compliment

-----
ctrl+alt+del

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 09:08 PM

30. "Come on, not even in High School?"
In response to Reply # 9

I'd love for you to buy my book:

Order Here:
https://www.createspace.com/5827547 OR http://tinyurl.com/Amazon-Prayvolution

www.jeromejcase.com

dopestethiopian
2705 posts
Thu Dec-15-16 11:25 AM

33. "def not in high school lol"
In response to Reply # 30
Thu Dec-15-16 11:32 AM by dopestethiopian

i didnt even begin dating until college

-----
ctrl+alt+del

Regina Rose
Member since Jul 01st 2008
7349 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 10:57 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "I'm trying to get back to planning my life"
In response to Reply # 0

I haven't done this in year
I hope I close this deal today which will make things so much easier

my friend asked if it's wrong to encourage her man to go for a job that's 5 hours away..I said no she's worried that he may take it as she wants him to go I doubt it

I love that my christmas list is so short I got like four people to buy gifts for and thats it!

SP1200
Charter member
20101 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 08:15 PM

28. "RE: I'm trying to get back to planning my life"
In response to Reply # 12

I did that half the year. The last time I did this much planning was

http://i54.tinypic.com/2j51hj4.jpg

legsdiamond
80092 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 11:16 AM

13. "I called my aunts yesterday"
In response to Reply # 0

I have never been one to call my aunts or uncles just to say high. I called them and they were soooo happy to hear my voice. Made me feel good. I'm glad I did it. I let them know about the addition to the family tree. I miss my fam on my Dad's side. Can't wait for our reunion.

So.. I'm having another baby girl. God is a funny dude. I gotta get a shotgun for real. Imma saw it off to get a better spray area for these ruggidity lil niggas.

Wife is happy, I'm happy.. Life is good even tho I wish I had deeper pockets but I'm working on that as well. I'm in the Christmas spirit even tho I ain't really buying much this year. I'm baking cookies and playing Christmas songs and shit.

My UX class is dope. Sometimes I wonder if I could've done this using Udemy but I need that push a mentor gives you. My app idea is dope as shit. It might be something I move forward on. Could be a game changer.

I made a logo for a coworker and now that I sent the invoice he is being funny style. I think he told another coworker about it and that coworker asked me if I could come up with a font. I said sure without really thinking about it but now I have to circle back and ask what it's for and hit him over the head with a price.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 12:54 PM

19. "congrats and condolences"
In response to Reply # 13

I got three girls. they all cute. It's hard.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44999 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 07:56 PM

27. "What kind of rates you got for logo work? "
In response to Reply # 13

inbox if you prefer.

Creole
Charter member
15427 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 11:48 AM

15. "BuhLACK SPAZZZ - MODIC!"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Dec-14-16 12:04 PM by Creole

I read the word "spasmodic" in Ta-Nehisi's latest and started yelling that out loud and with a big smile on my face.

Thanks to ATCQ for giving me something to bubble with.

My lady is down right now and even had the nerve to tell me to not get her anything for Christmas. I didn't tell her but, first off, I had already ordered her a pair of shoes that she really wanted and claims to have needed. I copped her a nice sweater which is something else she'd mentioned throughout the fall that she wanted. I also copped her a nice gift card from a store that sells lady stuff which is also something she was claiming to have needed. Secondly and most importantly, ain't no way I'm not handing gifts over on Christmas. It could help lift her outta her funk and also because I don't want my ass handed to me later for following orders. Sometimes, they want us to defy them. LOL

My daughter is mad spoiled and just plain old mad at me right now. At almost 18, she wants a car. I see no need because she's leaving for college and won't be able to take it with her when she leaves anyway. She has asked me to cop her a black Tory Burch tote which I'm currently refusing to do. The young lady bought her own last summer and it is starting to show wear already because she uses it as a book bag for school. She wants another one for other use. I created a monster that I'm slowly starting to back away from feeding. And she don't like it. That bag may be copped cuz I hate to see her upset. What a conundrum? If Daddy don't take care of his babygirl, who else gonna do it? All of my potnas with daughters are feeling the same pain right now. LOL

My lady's daughter, whom I call my Big Daughter, got us both vexed right now. Some shit just shouldn't be so difficult at the age she's reached. I've given advice, love, support, and my bread. I'm hopeful she gets her shit together but I'm not expecting it to occur anytime soon. She just doesn't seem to want it for herself as much as we want it for her.

And my mom is struggling with some issues my father is facing. I don't know if they've told us the whole truth about what's going on or not but she seems out of it. That could be because they've been married since they were 19 and together since the 9th grade. They're both 66 now. She sent a group text this morning to ask me, my siblings, and our ladies, and our older children to take a bunch of pictures next week while we are in town visiting for Christmas because she wants to make a photo album for the them to have.

All of my women are feeling it and I'm jive scared for my father and at the thought of my dude (my first hero) staring down his own mortality. I'm also the oldest of their children. So, I gotta keep it all together for everybody. God help me!

BuhLACK SPAZZZ - MODIC!

legsdiamond
80092 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 12:02 PM

16. "stay strong.. and definitely give those gifts"
In response to Reply # 15

my wife does that all the time but I never listen.

She is always happy when she opens that gift too.

Creole
Charter member
15427 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 12:16 PM

18. "No doubt! I'm never falling for that banana in the tailpipe..."
In response to Reply # 16

>RE: stay strong.. and definitely give those gifts
>my wife does that all the time but I never listen.
>
>She is always happy when she opens that gift too.
>
>

with her. Been together too long for me to fall for it. Giving her that rock I copped on Christmas Day or during the holiday season is too cliché. She can wait a few more weeks.

As for staying strong, I have no choice but to. I've gotta be as stoic as my dad has been in our presence. That's what we witnessed growing up. And that's what I've gotta be for them all. I drop my guard from time to time when I'm by myself and take the time to talk to God and my elders who have passed.

My mom slipped up and mentioned cancerous cells but nothing more. When I called her on it, she slid out of that quickly and left it alone. I didn't press because, if they wanted to share more, they would have.

JellyBean
Charter member
16875 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 01:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
21. "Peace to you and yours!"
In response to Reply # 15

I hope your dad is ok...and I pray your mom has comfort and peace about the situation. We did something similar when my grandfather was ill(he had Alzheimer's) so we did that to try to help with his memories. Idk if this is your situation.

But on a lighter note, Keep spoiling those women...let them keep in mind If my daddy can't do it, nobody can.

"Holier than thou never sits well with me."(c)janey

"OKP spends way too much time looking for ways to be offended." ~legsdiamond

http://twitter.com/jeleighbean

Creole
Charter member
15427 posts
Thu Dec-15-16 09:34 AM

32. "Thank you!"
In response to Reply # 21

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 12:03 PM

17. "I've got a bunch of ideas rolling around in my head on alot"
In response to Reply # 0

and want to be a part of a group or form a group to figure out and execute solutions ...like a Think Tank...prefer to start locally but definitely ok with regionally/nationally...
problem is I don't have the time ...or know where/how to begin or how to find others like me lol...moreso the time part than the other parts

- I had an Al Bundy moment/reflection where the Ravens remind me of my senior year HS football team...no O-line, suspect defense, not playing to the strength, no innovation. I actually found a quote in the paper from me in '95

At times, said senior JP, team and student body morale have taken a nose dive
"People in school are always asking, 'when are you guys going to win a game?' A lot of them have lost faith because when you're Poly, you're expected to win," said P, a running back who also has played on the defensive line.
"After being 9-2 last year, it's kind of heartbreaking to go 4-6 or 3-7 or whatever."

Forced to use two-way players, something he rarely ever does, Waibel said this will be his first losing season at Poly, which ended a four-game losing streak with last week's 39-14 win over a Calvert Hall team that earlier blanked City, 14-0.

^^^this was the when I FINALLY got to play on defense ending our losing streak^^^

=======================================
Coolin...

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 12:55 PM

20. "numb"
In response to Reply # 0

when you goin thru $hit it's like being in a tunnel. I can't seem to focus.

I'm just showing up and going through the motions. Kinda like the Rams' record this season.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13618 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 04:02 PM

24. "I haven't been creating like I would have really liked to"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Dec-14-16 04:02 PM by flipnile

I've been on this grown man, focus and get all my shit together thing for a while, and it's worked exceptionally well. I'm feeling a little hollow tho... been neglecting y artistic side. Was setting up my little studio and realized I barely create anything (other than stuff for work) anymore. That's changing, starting now. Gotta get some of this stuff out before I get too old (film, etc.).

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44999 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 07:52 PM

26. "Amen to allathat. I’ve been selling myself short."
In response to Reply # 24
Wed Dec-14-16 07:55 PM by Cold Truth

I’m good enough to sell some beats and get *somewhere* with this. I’m sitting on enough rough drafts that I could simply finish developing and polishing them I could be open for some decent business on the lease front. Hell I've even an investment in high end products I've lusted after for years (Hello Korg Kronos!) but there's just no time.

It's a tall order to work eleven to twelve hour days on top of two and a half hours of commuting plus Saturdays, make sure I’m not neglecting my wife and kids and use the scant remaining downtime to work on beats and a website. I just want to watch mindless television during that time, like impractical jokers or ridiculousness.

I've taken the Kronos to work a few times and plugged it into my car (Hello Ford Cmax!) and made beats on my lunch break but that presents some problems, plus that's also time to catch up on much needed sleep so... I don't know how I'm going to make any of this happen.

godleeluv
Member since Jun 11th 2013
5862 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 07:41 PM

25. "scooterfelon will be here in 2 weeks and wants to see me"
In response to Reply # 0

not sure if i should do a group outting and dip or just avoid it. i want to see him but i dont want him to expect anything but conversation
... "A Beautiful Struggle"
https://m.facebook.com/jamelabullock
Www.reverbnation.com/jamela

SP1200
Charter member
20101 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 08:25 PM

29. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

I got really inspired the past couple days man. What I experienced in
my own back yard is what I really needed.

I went on vacation to L.A. Found out I was off that weekend and booked
a flight real quick and just bounced. Had some things I wanted to see
and networking to do. Had so much fun. Looking into moving there now.

Revived an old idea and wanna see where it will take me.

I gotta get back in shape.

I learned yesterday, things are never as bad as they seem.

Big Dreams.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2j51hj4.jpg

Sepia.
Member since Feb 25th 2009
12896 posts
Thu Dec-15-16 01:49 AM

31. "The injury hurts more than I let on"
In response to Reply # 0

and my body is definitely more banged up than I've admitted. But I have my reasons.

I'm actually not sure I'll be okay. But I'll just have to deal with whatever comes.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13105655 Previous topic | Next topic